• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Just got these an hour ago

5ai0s7.jpg

Everything I got today:
5224789175_774d78b41a_z.jpg

ChryZ said:
Okay, I suck at taking photos. You're gonna have to point me in the directions of some guides to help me make better use of my SLR. What kind of lens and settings are you using to boot? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a nice shot of a black item like that? I can't even fathom how you managed to get such a nice picture. I hate you. =P

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CaseyTappy said:
A New month , a new PCB :

For December it's Armed Police Batrider , Raizings finest !

DSCF3104.jpg

DSCF3120.jpg
Thats Raizings finest game? Maybe I should make a note to never play anther game by them, I was horabley disapointed when I found an arcade that had it. Maybe I'll give it anther shot some time.

Does the board have the terable English Translation that makes Zero Wing look good, or just Japanese?

mike23

t6iya.png

Laptop is a HP tm2t. It's awesome. I'm loving the digitizer pen.

I also bought Puzzle Quest 2 and it is amazing on the touchscreen.

Grabbed Legion for $5 off Amazon on Black Friday. Not the most popular movie, but I like it.

Knch

mike23 said:
Well you've already picked the right language (I have to write in VB at work, such a messy "language.")
Are those books any good? (as in useful for people who've been using C# since day 1?)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ Canadian package for 3D.GameHeroes - One thing I like about that release is even the Canadian version preserved the 'inside cover' art... usually it gets neglected :(

mike23

Knch said:
Well you've already picked the right language (I have to write in VB at work, such a messy "language.")
Are those books any good? (as in useful for people who've been using C# since day 1?)

I consider myself a fairly advanced C# programmer already. It's hooked me since they first time I started using it and I've followed it very closely since. I bought these two books with that in mind. I haven't read through them yet, but I've flipped through them.

The C# Programming Language is, to quote from the preface, "a complete technical specification of the C# programming language." It goes into every feature of the language, explains it, and has annotations given by various professionals. I'm really looking forward to looking deep into the language implementation.

C# in Depth says it's for intermediate to expert programmers. It's also written by someone who is very active in the community and who I greatly respect. It's different from the other book in that it seems to focus more on using the features rather than how and why they were implemented. Although, it does get into a little bit of that. I think this will mostly be useful for improving how I use currently as well as introducing me to features that I haven't had a chance or reason to use yet.

ChryZ

Misterinenja said:
Ugh just looking like that makes me cringe. I have the same case and my wires are so fucked up in comparison. :lol
I bought the PSU with SLI in mind and its cable management made it pretty easy to reduce the wiring to a bare minimum. Helps with air flow and the ease of working within the case. Spending a few extra minutes on the wiring can save you a lot of time in the long run.

grap3fruitman said:
Okay, I suck at taking photos. You're gonna have to point me in the directions of some guides to help me make better use of my SLR. What kind of lens and settings are you using to boot? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a nice shot of a black item like that? I can't even fathom how you managed to get such a nice picture. I hate you. =P
The EXIF details are in the image. Lens was the tiny "Lumix G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Pancake". I don't use specific settings, my cam is usually in aperture priority mode. Just take many pictures in a semi manual mode. Review your pictures and check the EXIF of the ones you like. It will help you understand how to get certain results and to pull them of with different subjects/situations. Also: take many many pictures. Here's another shot from the same "session": pic. My GF1 got a nice color profile for dynamic B&W, but you can get the same results with post processing in Gimp/Photoshop: desaturate, then adjust levels (boost blacks and whites).

suikodan

This was from last month

ab52103f.jpg

Nier: Pricematched EBGames' 9.89$ offer at BestBuy, got it for... 7,79$ :lol
SSF4: Got it for 20$ at VG+. Finally received it.
ACB: Got it on launch for 35$ (friends of Ubi's price)
Enslaved: Was 39,99 minus 25$ gift certificate.
GT5: No rebate on this one.
Club Nintendo platinum prize.
App Store Gift Card

294039cc.jpg

eSata HDD enclosure: Put a 1Tb HDD inside to expand my PVR from 20hrs of HD to... 150!
Radeon HD 6850: Got that card to replace my Nvidia inside my main PC. Got a Quad Core for really cheap from a work collegue and built my MAME PC for my cabinet.

Speaking of the cabinet, it's probably my pickup of the year.

Started like this (CRT Cabinet with SF2CE):
a902e3b2.jpg

Then it looked like this (Replace the big-ass CRT with a LCD, paint the doors, tweak the token to work with the PC which at the time, was a mid-range Pentium D.)
5a7d1edb.jpg

To finally end up like this (powered by a Quad Core PC with a Nvidia 9800
6646d0df.jpg

I know I just bought SUPER but I needed a SF4 (10$ on STEAM) on my cabinet. It's all configured to work perfectly. I'm really excited about this one.

Going to post the things I didnt post of the past month with the ones mI started to buy in december.

Manga and novel of Haruhi. And a Philips Bluray so I can enjoy all the blurays I was buying. Also the new number of Blacksad.
OgD8E.jpg

-Persona 3 FES
-Goldeneye Golden controller edition
-Super Mario Bros All Stars 25th anniversary edition
-Super Scribblenauts (first game I have work in YAY!)
-Fantasia 2 movie collection in bluray
-Epic Mickey
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Harry Potter Years 1-6 bluray set
-Back to the Future limited collectors edition in bluray
-Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva special edition in bluray
imfQL.jpg

And here is what the SMB 25 anniversary has:
sMeXZ.jpg

The soundtrack has 1 songs from every mario, from smb to super mario galaxy 2, and the some sounds from smb.
Cy2zq.jpg

And the cool but small booklet, with quotes by Miyamoto and other workers about the games of some details that nobody knew, and also some artwork never seen before.
KFfRm.jpg

ithorien

:O
2010-12-01_17-48-28_154.jpg

:O:O
2010-12-01_17-49-11_36.jpg

:O:O:O
2010-12-01_17-48-04_724.jpg

Can't wait for Xmas. Wife bought me a new monitor, amongst some other things. Gonna be a great end of the year!

Rengoku said:
Here's my big pickup of the year:

coWDL.jpg

Big upgrade considering my previous one was an 12 year old corolla :D

That car will last you forever....

I sell Acuras, and it's amazing the mileage people put on those things. The guy I work with has 250,000 on his 99 TL

Enjoy the RSX!

rockmang15

Neo Member
maskrider said:
Bottles of Wine, supposed to not have much game related for the month, except may be MHP3

2010dec-wines.jpg

That Chateau De Lisse and Faugeres are both a Grand Cru, and from the St. Emilion region of France, that would make it some of the top rated wine from one of the greatest wine growing regions in the world.

Good Pickup!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
jecclr2003 said:
That car will last you forever....

I sell Acuras, and it's amazing the mileage people put on those things. The guy I work with has 250,000 on his 99 TL

Enjoy the RSX!

That's pretty refreshing to hear, in a few days I'm gonna hit 100k on my '05 TL!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My birthday was on Monday, so I got some stuff from that, and I had a couple buys from Black Friday, and some completely unnecessary purchases, as well! This doesn't include the shit I bought on Steam.

img_0301.jpg

The big thing is obviously the speakers. Adam Audio A7Xs. These are for my computer, and they are fucking incredible. I can practically see the sound. I wanna get an external DAC for 'em, but even as they are now, they're seriously some ridiculously good speakers.

Then I got a Tripp Lite surge protector, because I'm out of outlets and don't want all my fun shit to fry.

Then I got Saving Private Ryan on blu, Eden of the East on Blu, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (which got here just a few minutes ago), and Fist of the North Star Vol. 2.

Pretty awesome, except that I have no time for this stuff due to law school :(

Oh well, a few rounds of Daifukkatsu won't kill anyone.

JEKKI

epic michael is epic.

esq2y0.jpg

ugh! Michael Knight, Michael Knight Michael Knight. Michael Knight, Michael Knight Michael Knight. Michael Knight sku du du du du du du du du du~~~~

Aurelius

c585ae50.jpg

9df42897.jpg

Enjoying both of these a lot. Great games for cold, dark evenings. The Alan Wake Collector's Edition was only 20 euro. :D

Question to all of you who buy Japanese games: Do you all actually speak Japanese? There's so many of you who buy Japanese games, and I'm just wondering how the hell you actually play and understand them. I'd love to be able to purchase Japanese games, but I don't speak a single word of Japanese.

Sealda

Banned
ChryZ said:
Finally a new PC this year:

p1010863.jpg

p1010858.jpg

My favorite single malt pick up of the year:

p1010301.jpg

Fatty R.I.P. Slim successor:

p1000697.jpg

Dedicated PSP3000 for my Japanese PSN activations:

P1010915.jpg

Everything there looks so sexy thanks to the lightning and camera!

xero273

Koroshi said:
Question to all of you who buy Japanese games: Do you all actually speak Japanese? There's so many of you who buy Japanese games, and I'm just wondering how the hell you actually play and understand them. I'd love to be able to purchase Japanese games, but I don't speak a single word of Japanese.

Some people understand enough to get through the game. It also depends on the game. Take DoDonpachi, I believe that game is a shmup so I think there isn't much japanese you have to read except for maybe the menu.

Top Bottom