• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Yes Boss! said:
Well, the positive angle is that our lives perfectly parallel the videogame history. I love having been there and involved every step of the way. Would not trade that for a younger age!

That's a nice way of looking at it. I'm approaching 27 and started out with the C64 and 8-bit consoles and progressed from there and am really glad of that as there's not much I missed out on.

rvy

Banned
Not a bad year by any means, but I'm only proud of these two pick-ups:

hpim4255lrti.jpg

360 Slim in a few weeks.

zombieshavebrains said:
It looks almost like an ikea jerker.

Yep... speaking of which I still have mine. Had two but my daughter thought it'd be fun to jump onto one and the legs let go. So now I have one. Really wish Ikea brought that back out, the Frederick's are the poor man's Jerker (That sounds so wrong).

seady said:
So how much exactly did you pay for the iTouch?

$270 before tax. Then was given $45 in gift cards.

Used it on a invisible shield skin and Itunes money. Looking forward to cave shooters, my old 1st gen could not run them or rage HD

2m6wrnm.jpg

Last part of my Amazon Black Friday order arrived today.

Koroshi said:
Question to all of you who buy Japanese games: Do you all actually speak Japanese? There's so many of you who buy Japanese games, and I'm just wondering how the hell you actually play and understand them. I'd love to be able to purchase Japanese games, but I don't speak a single word of Japanese.

I can read/speak enough to get through most non-RPGs. Every once in a while I'll import an RPG, though (Code Age Commanders, Dragon Quest Young Yangus and the Mysterious Dungeon, and more than likely Vesperia and Graces F at some point).

Flek said:
how mouch is one now a days?

If you have friends or contacts in Japan, you can get one used for $120ish (last time I checked). The wife bought me one last year for my birthday and that was about $180 new.

Yes Boss!

Paid about $190 for mine...can't get 'em much cheaper than that if you are an importer. The versions without the integrated adapter can be had for a bit cheaper in eBay.

oblo

Urban Scholar said:
Are those pages from the artbook? Impressive, I need to seek this out.
No, I didn't rip out the pages or anything... Game comes with eight "art cards" (they have two characters' movelists on the back), that's what makes up the background. Very sweet package just like the first one and again at a mild price... And the wait was a lot shorter this time too, lovely.

purg3

slept with Malkin
haven't posted any pick ups in a while

4AXou.jpg

qhruv.jpg

qgTIB.jpg

picked up a cheap bike trainer for the winter. also includes my favorite pick up this year, my bike.

P6Hyi.jpg

Quake1028

Yeah it kind of sucks. It's a digibook, not a box, but Amazon had it too tightly wrapped to the cardboard backing. Ah well. Maybe I can pop it out a bit.

I've been quite lazy on the gaming side lately and all of my purchases have been on the digital side (steam sales and PSN stuff), since those are somewhat boring, here are some other geek stuff I acquired recently (end of november, start of december).

Some legos to create a bluetooth controlled robot to scare my cat
W8L3j.jpg

Some books
FdTxQ.jpg

A bunch of boardgames
sHWaB.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
ow do these work? From what I can gather from the images and English text on the box, it would allow you to play older consoles on a current TV. Is it to a receiver, where you can also hook multiple consoles through this box to the TV? Also, where could I purchase one?

Yup - it allows you to take in a whole host of inputs (RGB included) , the unit processes them and upscales to hires. One of the modes includes scan line emulation too for the "authentic" look.

But, in a nut shell, it basically stops legacy consoles looking like ass on modern TVs

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Flek said:
how mouch is one now a days?
I found it cheaper to buy a domestic PS2 off craigslist pre-modded. Paid $100 for a slim.

I don't pirate... but the ability to play fan-translated PS1/2 games is valuable.

HYDE

Banned
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just got these an hour ago

5ai0s7.jpg

Those are the exact three things I would like to buy for my wife and myself before the year ends. Bet you can't guess which one's for her though:lol

I have been lazy to update for quite sometime
DSC01822.jpg

Best CE I own. Fantastic
DSC01827.jpg

DSC032.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC026.jpg

DSC027.jpg

DSC029.jpg

DSC034.jpg

Biggest Transformers toy I have ever seen
DSC030.jpg

Euro Disney Memories
DSC031.jpg

Some graphic novels
DSC033.jpg

mehdi_san

I haven't posted in a long time, but with I've got a lot of things coming soon from Black Friday shopping, so I needed to post these pickups first.

My first 360, it's never too late. I went for the new slim version with 4gb (matte>glossy). I love the controller, but not really the dashboard. It takes too much time to get where I need to go. I like the XMB more to be honest. I already bought a bunch of XBLA games: Portal, Rez HD, Limbo, Splosion Man, Trials HD, Super Meat Boy. They're all awesome, and I got a few retail games coming in the mail soon.
11793xw.jpg

Some PS3 goodness: Bayonetta (yeah I should have gotten the 360 version, but this was before I bought my 360...), Vanquish, Red dead, Batman AA and RE5gold were very cheap, and I got Rock Band 3, DJ Hero 2 and Castlevania limited edition on day one (so not really cheap).
2zoetsl.jpg

I also got a couple of Move games:
53wb4m.jpg

Very late on this one, but I got the Special package for Mario All-stars on the Wii.
98f68o.jpg

Bluray movies: Toy Story 3 and Princess and the Frog, Life, and Video Games live:
142xz0j.jpg

TV Shows!!! Battlestar Galactica on bluray (cheap from Amazon UK), Mad Men season 1 and 2 (3 coming soon from Amazon), Firefly and Serenity, and Twin Peaks (also very cheap from Amazon UK)
30iuogx.jpg

More TV shows: comedies! Modern Family, Community, How I met your mother, The Office, and Daria :D
2qapq1j.jpg

And last the Lost Encyclopedia. Beautiful book, I'm gonna try to read through most of it before I start watching the series again on bluray.
2n01p2v.jpg

WEGGLES said:
It almost looks like a novelty oversized cooler :lol I went to get the CM 212+ when it was onsale in august at Microcentre, they were out so they gave me a deal on that. It's gargantuan.
How's the clearance with the ram? Can't even see it from here! BTW looks nice, good pickup!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted in one of these. I've got just a couple things to show since most of it is boring.

5235400592_05e45cf6d4_b.jpg

I think the dragon ball is pretty self-explanatory. Z is, as expected, alright. Not nearly as good as the stories when Son Goku is a kid. I wonder if Toriyama got pressured to have more fights or something, because almost of those volumes are just a continuous ramp up to FIGHT THIS GUY, NOW THIS GUY WHO IS MORE POWERFUL, ALSO THIS GUY IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL, TRAIN UNDER SOME GRAVITY.

Also, Kindle 3 wi-fi since I have no use for the 3g version. The headphones were because I needed something for mobility. Sony MDR-G75.

I honestly don't remember if I've posted those coins before but they're definitely worth posting again if so. They are 2 sort of challenge/commemorative coins from PAX, made and paid for by community members on the PAX board.

Detail:
5235400610_fbee57e6ef_b.jpg

5235400620_31890617ae_b.jpg

So awesome.

LiK

oblo said:
No, I didn't rip out the pages or anything... Game comes with eight "art cards" (they have two characters' movelists on the back), that's what makes up the background. Very sweet package just like the first one and again at a mild price... And the wait was a lot shorter this time too, lovely.

i'm ordering it because of you, lol

mf.luder

New 360; 250GB. It's so quiet. (And yes it is a little dusty. I like to keep my window open.)
IMG_0183-1.jpg

iPad dock. Just need an iPhone 4 dock.
IMG_0184.jpg

Top Bottom