• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Beck

Steam Purchases (Some I regret buying)
steambuys.jpg

Back to the Future: The Game
b2tf.jpg

Bad Company 2: Vietnam
badcompanyvietnam.jpg

Nice Leather Jacket
danier1.jpg
danier2.jpg

mmmm Cheesecake caramels. Never had them before.
cheeseballsg.jpg

maskrider

ResidentDante said:
Nice! Would love some impressions of PE3 when you get around to playing it!

I have also bought the JP PSN version day one and I am almost done on the first run.

I like the game (well, I am a PE fan, or you can say an Aya fan), I think the game is very enjoyable as an action game, don't have much to say on the story, though.

maskrider said:
I have also bought the JP PSN version day one and I am almost done on the first run.

I like the game (well, I am a PE fan, or you can say an Aya fan), I think the game is very enjoyable as an action game, don't have much to say on the story, though.
Does it control well on the PSP? I find some of the action games on it get a bit tricky with the setup and grip to the PSP (I have the 1st gen one).

maskrider

ResidentDante said:
Does it control well on the PSP? I find some of the action games on it get a bit tricky with the setup and grip to the PSP (I have the 1st gen one).

I am on a PSP-200x. I think the game controls well, but I haven't played much action games on PSP since I don't like the nub on it.

parasight

A big haul for me in the last few weeks.

Steam:
11 Games of the Humble Bundles 1 & 2
Super Meat Boy
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Amnesia
Shatter

360:
Assassins Creed 2
Kinect Sports
Bayonetta
Darksiders
Limbo

Free, thanks to EA:
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
Mirror's Edge
MySims
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Fifa 10

Just free period:
Digital: A Love Story

Still thinking about picking up Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Also some Rock Band and Dance Central DLC. All in all, this whole shebang cost me just under $40. The backlog is building up!

CiSTM said:
Both of those movies are region free and have eng. subs.
Same goes for Valley of Wind bd release.

They're crazy expensive to import though aren't they? I could have sworn when Valley of the Wind came out it was like 80 - 90 bucks to import it.

I would imagine Disney is going to release them all in the US in time.

Yes Boss!

Shin Johnpv said:
They're crazy expensive to import though aren't they? I could have sworn when Valley of the Wind came out it was like 80 - 90 bucks to import it.

Disney better! Not a word yet, though ;-(

Though I'll likely break down and import the JPN version on Porco when it gets released.

CiSTM

Banned
Shin Johnpv said:

Most expensive indeed. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is on it's way already (March 8, 2011)
Hqqh1.jpg

and I do believe rest will follow soon. Disney probably won't release My Neighbors the Yamadas but Castle in the Sky and other upcoming Ghibli releases will see also Disney release.

nny

Yes Boss! said:
^^ Those Creator sets are so cool. Really uses some old-school building sensibilities and seventies pieces. I was at Disneyland on Sunday and stopped at the Lego superstore and they had most of them built in little diaromas, including the big new Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. So neat!

The Modular House series is so beautiful! I only have one (Green grocer), would love to get more someday (Grand Emporium, I'm looking at you)!

Sevket-Erhat said:
Great to see another LEGO fan

*high-five*

Lego-Gaf represent! :D

PC300259.jpg

December is also my end of the year, new Imac, cataclysm and steam... $20 on steam so far.
PDS was the big pickup form earlier in the year, as was Scott Pilgrim BD and Mario Collection.

Yes Boss!

CiSTM said:
Most expensive indeed. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is on it's way already (March 8, 2011)
Hqqh1.jpg

and I do believe rest will follow soon. Disney probably won't release My Neighbors the Yamadas but Castle in the Sky and other upcoming Ghibli releases will see also Disney release.
That is fucking beautiful. Thanks for sharing the release date info as it is hard to keep up. Nausicaa is, of course, the best Ghibli but my personal favorite is Porco Rosso...hoping Disney puts the superb Jean Reno french dub as an extra track.

Celcius

°Temp. member
My last pickups of the year:

Goodbye hot and loud GTX 480, hello cool and quiet GTX 580:

gtx580.jpg

My 700D was pretty bad at air cooling, so I replaced it with a Silverstone Raven 02:

raven02.jpg

Now my computer's much quieter :D

smoothj

found out that my when parents bought a Sony Bravia TV last year, they received a free ps3 with it. Well they just gave it to me yesterday and I went to town at fry's. :D

Going to get either GoW3 or GT5 next.

postxmasspickup.jpg

Yes, just got the laptop installed in my DeLorean.

Anyway my favorite pick-ups of last year, in order...

24y8inq.jpg

IMGP1449.jpg

Two dope coupes... errr, sedans, yea I lived that! I feel like Rick Ross...

73802.jpg

Finally got a new TV for my bedroom. Every time I was about to buy one before some shit came up.

and this was the best free pick-up.

3519ul0.jpg

luffeN

some pick-ups from the last months:

IMG_4915.jpg
Philips 47" Full HD LCD TV, Naruto UNS 2, Metro 2033, Kane & Lynch 2 and WDTV Live.

New linen I got for Christmas:
IMG_4913.jpg

New Jacket:
IMG_4912.jpg

Around seven games are on their way plus this pic (possible spoiler if you haven't seen anything from One Piece) turned into a framed poster.

Top Bottom