• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2011 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Happy New Year!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

350tfuq.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

Since the thread is new and Jan. is just underway...

Now is the time to post your favorite pick-ups of Dec. ! What'd you get?

I was happy to get these!

My new custom k-stick from MKP (http://mkpcustoms.com) !

5284326560_548688a46d_z.jpg

5283727939_b424c9060c_z.jpg

5284326118_339bdec8ed_z.jpg

5284326344_05822bc42a_z.jpg

1996 Konami HYPERSTICK for the original PlayStation!

166453_476325183882_507353882_5892856_1355668_n.jpg

164161_476329628882_507353882_5892889_2568604_n.jpg

Full Seimitsu (LS-56-01 and PS-15s)...

Happy New Year!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
First off, I want to thank everyone for keeping this thread alive.

4+ years and still going strong!

Oli

Nitemare1 said:
No!
Thank you sir!

I don't always participate but I always watch it!

Indeed. There's something about this thread that keeps me coming back. :D

Here's my first pickup for 2011, a job. 9 months of unemployment, it was a hell of a ride. In lieu of this, you can expect some TE sales from me in January.

Hyphen

riskVSreward said:
Here's my first pickup for 2011, a job. 9 months of unemployment, it was a hell of a ride. In lieu of this, you can expect some TE sales from me in January.

Real pics or ban! :D

Flek

Banned
pickup thread is one of my favorite neogaf threads + it makes you buy a LOT of awesome shit. So yeha 2011 - lets go =)

Lxkg6.png

Simple pickup - Sly Collection.

Really impressed by the first game but it's a lot more frustrating/challenging (fair and unfair) than I expected. Gorgeous game though.

December haul was by far my favourite of the year. :D

Brand spankin' new PS2. I'm incredibly late but oh well. Better late than never!
PHAYl.jpg

And the rest.
twwgH.jpg

PC300259.jpg

December is also my end/best of the year, new Imac, cataclysm and steam... $20 on steam so far.
PDS was the big pickup form earlier in 2010, as was Scott Pilgrim BD and Mario Collection.

blizzardjesus said:
PC300259.jpg

December is also my end/best of the year, new Imac, cataclysm and steam... $20 on steam so far.
PDS was the big pickup form earlier in 2010, as was Scott Pilgrim BD and Mario Collection.
what is the name of the cartoon your background is from?

Yes Boss!

Yay, new year!

Well, in twelve hours. Happy New Year to everybody in other parts of the world!

Just got back from Target with some stuff I'll post later.

Favorite pick-up in December is my Seimitsu RAP from amazon japan!

070761ff.jpg

blizzardjesus said:
Awesome. How do you like the iMac?

Koroshi said:
Awesome. How do you like the iMac?
It's a 21" i3, my 3rd mac after an G5 1.8 and a G4 powerbook. It runs great, art programs, games and video's look amazing. The wireless keyboard and mouse are pretty impressive, thought I do need to use a different mouse for WoW. I debated for a month on which model to get and I'd say I'm pretty happy. And the steam deals...I may be set for the rest of the year.

practice02 said:
what is the name of the cartoon your background is from?
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, prolly the only new anime I liked this year.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got to do some shopping today:

I sold my super loud/hot GTX 480 and upgraded to a GTX 580:

gtx580.jpg

My 700D was pretty bad at air cooling, so I also sold it and upgraded to a Silverstone Raven 02:

raven02.jpg

Now my computer's MUCH quieter :D

Yes Boss!

Catching up on some Nintendo releases.

66cf825a.jpg

fee35cd1.jpg

Snow White blu-ray for cinema fun!

bbdf8a37.jpg

The Champagne of Beers for New Year's Eve. Was gonna go with Belgians but then saw this cool packaging with the neat graphic on the box. Totally worth the $7 for twelve bottles:

be2c6876.jpg

And Paper Airplane chase for my new DSi. Best download game ever created! I put this game on every single one of my DSis.

39d7141b.jpg

Gouken

Banned
well i did buy plane tickets to the Maldives for me and the family(but they're gone), so here some shot of the best week of my entire life!

photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

oh and happy new year guys! ;)

I'll upload some more...

Gouken

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Welcome back Gouken! Loved all your updates on FB.

thanks, it's too bad I'm back, but I'm already planning my next trip to the Maldives again :)=

some more....i did tons of diving, snorkeling, relaxation messages, into the Indian ocean trips to the dolphins...

photo5-3.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

yummy waffles with mangos for breakfast over the ocean...
photo3-3.jpg

2 bedroom sunset beach villa with a private butler.
photo2-3.jpg

the place was reeking quality and privacy.
photo1-3.jpg

there were tons of black tip, white tip reef sharks and sting rays, but they were extremely harmless and swim away once you approach them.

btw, diving 3-4 meters in the ocean made me feel like my was gonna explode! damn it was painful.

bPod

I hope I retire in a place like that

IMG_0628.jpg

I was going to add more pics of Noble 6 in Dec. pick-up but decided to post them here instead. SquareEnix towers over McFarlane's Noble 6.

My last pick up of 2010 - what an incredible year!
IMG_0638.jpg

Bring on 2011!!!!

Have a prosperous 2011, Gaffers!!!!

Gouken

Banned
That's me getting a bad ass bronze tan

photo-33.jpg

eek! shark! but it's harmless :)
photo3-4.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

could this be the cable leading the looking glass underwater station?
photo4-4.jpg

Tabris

How much did it cost you for the week per person, ignoring flight costs? (the accomodations, food, events, etc)

Just came in the mail a little while ago...thanks to my awesome GAF trading partner in crime! (I will keep his identity safe!)
What an AWESOME way to start 2011!!!
8SHAvl.jpg

1NvGIl.jpg

Bii

Beautiful pics Gouken!

Tabris said:
How much did it cost you for the week per person, ignoring flight costs? (the accomodations, food, events, etc)

I was checking out some prices after seeing those pics, and for a one day/night stay at one of those resorts, can run upwards of $1000/person. Not including flight, food, events, etc.

I'm seriously considering taking a trip like that for my girl and I. I'd probably have to save up for a few months, though. :lol

Smidget

Wow @ Gouken's "pickup" for the month.

Too bad the cheapest flight would be $1.8K a person for 28-35 hrs of flying/connections from Florida lol Wow. Awesome looking place though, looks fake (in that good way).

FrankT

Well just found the next spot I have to visit. Thanks a lot thread. Just incredible.

Gouken said:
and the awesome part is that it's only 4 hours flight from me :D

Very slightly jealous atm. Looking at $13.5k for round trip, in-flight ride to island, 5-6 nights, meals and spending cash. Damn.

Will make it happen. Well worth it for your own little piece of Lost amiright.

Actually found another Hilton that was about half the price but still 5 star rated. So I could pull off it comfortably now for about $10k. They take my Hilton points as well so free night ftw.

Gouken

Banned
Bii said:
Beautiful pics Gouken!

I was checking out some prices after seeing those pics, and for a one day/night stay at one of those resorts, can run upwards of $1000/person. Not including flight, food, events, etc.

I'm seriously considering taking a trip like that for my girl and I. I'd probably have to save up for a few months, though. :lol

trust me it's worth it, you'll forget the entire world and the money you spent. it's like a taking trip to heaven then you come back to earth!:)

Tabris

Gouken said:
trust me it's worth it, you'll forget the entire world and the money you spent. it's like a taking trip to heaven then you come back to earth!:)

How much did it cost you specifically though for that resort and suite? I'm curious as I would want to know how much to save for that exactly.

Gouken

Banned
Smidget said:
Wow @ Gouken's "pickup" for the month.

Too bad the cheapest flight would be $1.8K a person for 28-35 hrs of flying/connections from Florida lol Wow. Awesome looking place though, looks fake (in that good way).

its actually purely natural, it's a small beautiful resort with untouched and undisturbed nature. but i know what you mean, it looks so good that it looks like painting :)

Gouken

Banned
Tabris said:
How much did it cost you specifically though for that resort and suite? I'm curious as I would want to know how much to save for that exactly.

seriously no bragging, it was my my 2 daughters, wife and sister inlaw. we went though an agent(and this includes discount), 5 business class tickets, 2 bedroom sunset beach villa, private butler and includes breakfast cost me $20000. fine dinning lunch and dinner plus deep ocean snorkeling, sailing to the dolphins and relaxation therapy message were an extra $4000. so the total come to around $24000.

of course i went full force luxury on a 5 star private hotel and island. if you're going as a couple and plan it ahead of time(we planned it 6 months ahead) cuz december/jan/feb/mar/april are it's best and busiest seasons.

there are tons of 3 and 4 stars hotels that can be had waaaaaay cheaper. TripAdvisor is your best friend. that's what we did with tons of research.

sam27368

Banned
Gouken said:
That's me getting a bad ass bronze tan

photo-33.jpg

eek! shark! but it's harmless :)
photo3-4.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

could this be the cable leading the looking glass underwater station?
photo4-4.jpg
That looks awesome,
Where are you?

Gouken

Banned
oops, too late Tabris, i just uploaded my last batch of underwater snorkeling shots...

42240015.jpg

42240003.jpg

42240001.jpg

42240025.jpg

42240022.jpg

42240021.jpg

42240013.jpg

42240009.jpg

42240008.jpg

42240007.jpg

42240005.jpg

wish i had an underwater digi cam, all of those were taken last minute with a disposable underwater Kodak cam...i happy with the results nonetheless less :D

Ryan_

Pretty nice start for this topic I must say! Allthough it makes me wonder why I stayed in the freezing cold place that is called Belgium for the holidays. :lol

Top Bottom