• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

de8lew.jpg

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

2009 is here! We're gonna party like its 199... err 2009!!!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Here is my FIRST pick up of the NEW YEAR!

I'll post it after midnight!!!

!

<3

Ecto311

Someone should amend the rules to include a warning/day ban for quoting a post full of images.

Nothing sucks more than having to scroll past images over and over.

Ill post some pick'em ups tonight.

MickeyPhree

Well I guess I'll get the ball rolling. I got these two today, and I do apologize for the crappy cell phone pics. My brother in law is borrowing my digital.

IMG_0024.jpg

Sony DCR-SR45 Camcorder. 30 gig hard drive.

IMG_0023.jpg

Hitachi 50" p50s602 1080p tv.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My daughter wasn't here for Christmas so we're (my family) celebrating/exchanging gifts today!

My daughter also wanted me to post this on "GAF" lol...

3154220543_92e956ea51.jpg

3154220451_9ab6fe2cdd.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
11hs3ya.jpg

Bioshock
Peggle Nights
Company of heroes + expansion
Mass Effect
Penny Arcade Ep 2

Damn steam xmas sale!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
My daughter wasn't here for Christmas so we're (my family) celebrating/exchanging gifts today!

My daughter also wanted me to post this on "GAF" lol...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3212/3154220543_92e956ea51.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/3154220451_9ab6fe2cdd.jpg

Cool. Haven't had that type of ice cream in a long time.

As for me, since I got back. Stuff I totally bought five years ago. :lol

Hardware- USB Hard drive, Wireless adapter, DS Lite; the best looking one yet with the coolest case Nintendo has ever made. Ram upgrade for lappy.

Merchandise- Hello Kitty stuff. Candy, bags, slippers, etc. Gears of war messenger bag, pretty cool when opened. Has a billion pockets. MGS4 wristbands. Birthstone watch and bracelet. Nintendo and Sorny stuff. Hat, bag, etc.

Gaming- P4, various cards, SFII HD Remix.

Other- Xmas gifts, cards; many not pictured. Money, plushes, and stuff.

2uruxqs.jpg

23shcp0.jpg

f3tfnc.jpg

5eyf09.jpg

w8b1q0.jpg

2m35rfm.jpg

1408b8.jpg

72ce2g.jpg

nywuj8.jpg

23m6ce9.jpg

28bz2o8.jpg

ka3ek4.jpg

2dhhdly.jpg

Might as well post these here instead of in the December thread.

dec082.jpg

Went up to Vancouver, BC over the weekend with the wife. Stopped and got some only-in-Canada foodstuffs before crossing the border back home.

dec081.jpg

Picked up these books at the Book Off in Vancouver. The hardcover Gundam Officials book was only $50 during their Boxing Day sale. Too bad we don't have one in Seattle.

dec083.jpg

dec086.jpg

dec087.jpg

dec084.jpg

dec085.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
distantmantra: Awesome stuff!

I love the Macross F OST and that Gundam book is awesome... I love Book Off!

Kadey: Nice! That ice blue DS Lite looks much better in actual pics than in stock images!

Hope you all had a good Christmas !

~Everyday's great at your Junes!

JEKKI

tag!

so to start off the new year... I gotta pickup!

I got my CREDIT CARD # STOLEN!!!

:(

my account is suspended while I wait for a new card to come next week, and the holiday makes it harder for me coz not only do I needa wait a bit more to get a new one... but the credit report places are all on vacation too!!! I gotta wait til friday to request a credit report!!

now I gotta buy all my stuff at real stores... with real cash. So archaic :(

JEKKI

hey Snowman you're a bastard! I wanted to be the first one to post those pics!!

I cant even take them rite now... it's too dark... gotta wait til tomorrow >_<

all I got is:

34djskw.jpg

2v17omc.jpg

k9hw77.jpg

my box isnt even as crisp as yours... it gots a hella snag in the corner >_<

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I hate corner box smashage... it's the worst.

My Street Fighter press kits Capcom sent me have lil' dents.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
MarkMan said:
I hate corner box smashage... it's the worst.

Me too. Last thing I got from playasia.com had these little plastic tabs on the corners of the box. They saved it from crushing.

Rufus

Allan Holdsworth said:
[pic of chronos twins]
This game will break your mind. I only played the first level, but I kept fucking up throughout, even though the action on either screen, i.e. time zone, was pretty easy. Navigating both at the same time however is so hard. Or at least it was for me. The base platforming feels really great though.

Luthair

Cheap new camera, but worlds better than what I ever owned!
DSC00008.jpg

Gift from my friend, dunno how Im suppose to drink it though :p
DSC00009.jpg

I love this crap!
DSC00012.jpg

Been dreaming of having one of these since I was 8
DSC00013.jpg

Amazing music, just couldn't stop myself.
DSC00015.jpg

Jason

januarypickup1.jpg

Heavenly Guardian
It's sorta fun :/

januarypickup2.jpg

Sony DSC-T500 + free 4 gig memory card
Spiffy new camera :D

januarypickup3.jpg

33 1/3 books (OK Computer, Pet Sounds, Swordfishtrombones), Flight of the Red Balloon, Dragon Half, School Rumble OAV, Honey and Clover 4, Nodame 15, Chester Brown's Louis Riel.
Various gifts from family.

januarypickup4.jpg

Moyashimon 7 Limited Edition with microbe lego lol
<3 <3

januarypickup5.jpg

Danboard Mini and Danboard, amazon.co.jp versions.
The 7-11 version is in the mail :)

januarypickup6.jpg

Cat Power - Dark End of the Street 10"

januarypickup7.jpg

Pavement - Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition + pre-order live LP

januarypickup8.jpg

The Flaming Lips - Once Beyond Hopelessness (Christmas on Mars DVD + 7" + 12" soundtrack) and a laser pointer

Rufus said:
This game will break your mind. I only played the first level, but I kept fucking up throughout, even though the action on either screen, i.e. time zone, was pretty easy. Navigating both at the same time however is so hard. Or at least it was for me. The base platforming feels really great though.

I finished it about 1 week after I got it (early December). Game is pretty hard, but it's all about memorization in the later stages, since there's no way you can react fast enough on both screens. Bosses do require more improvisation. I though the puzzle parts were pretty cool, although not very fledged out.
It could have been longer (has 5 Areas with 3-4 sections each, for a total of 18, although the back of the box says it has "15 levels" which puzzles me) though -- but I don't want to imagine how tough the extra levels would be :lol.

Gah. Seeing pictures of new digital cameras I'm tempted to buy a new one. Last one I bought was 2 years ago. Time for an upgrade me thinks! I should have pictures of stuff being bought tomorrow :lol [Books!! ;P]

Carlisle

sext0n said:
IMG_0023.jpg

Hitachi 50" p50s602 1080p tv.
I did a triple-take. That image looks exactly like my living room at first glance. I think we have identical tv stands, slightly different tvs, though. But same color and placement of the cable box and the whole set up is flanked by large wood shelfy things. Uncanny.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey GAF, can I play?

This is my first Pick-Up Post! thingy guy, and I'm pretty pumped. I can't take pictures of all the stuff I got in the last few days because most of it is at my apartment now, but here's some of the stuff I had back home that I could take pictures of.

01.jpg

Chrono Trigger DS - (Note my awesome custom Red/Black/White DS. =)
Beanie Cap - Nintendo
Sharpie - Green

02.jpg

No More Heroes - LTTP, but so good.
Resident Evil 4 Wii - Quite the upgrade from the GCN ver.
Army Knife - Swiss
(Not shown: Gears of War 2, Okami Wii, Wario Land Shake It! I absolutely love all three so far, especially Wario.)

03.jpg

Viewtiful Joe - Someone jacked my original copy, so it's nice to have it back.
Viewtiful Joe 2 - LTTP: Super excited to play it.

04.jpg

Pen Torch - (Warning: Explosive, flammable, and dangerous)
Fender Electric Guitar Picks - Medium
DIY Pro Rubik's Cube w/ PVC Stickers - Current solving record 26 seconds.
R/C Helicopter - 30 minute rechargeable battery.

05.jpg

Fiendish Japanese Puzzle - Level 6 (Hardest Level). Completion time: 1hr 14min.
Super Basketball LCD Game - $1, Wal-Mart
CO2 Semi-Automatic BB Gun - Pistol, 480 FPS

06.jpg

Unicycle - A first for the Pick-Up Post threads.

What a good week.

ymmv

Banned
The past month was a good month. So many (cheap!) games I haven't yet played FC2, Fallout 3, BiA en MS2 once. I hadn't planned on getting these games so soon but I just couldn't pass all those discounts: 9 games bought, 7 of 'em heavily discounted (Even the two full-price games I got from VG+ were cheap if you compare to the official Dutch retail prices)

games-dec.jpg

strips-dec.jpg

Aurelius

lastpickups.jpg

Some last things I got after Christmas:
- New Edge
- Fallout 3 (LOVING IT!) :D

Not pictured:
- New car battery.

Ashour said:
I want to ask you, for the wireless PS3 keypad, do you need to connect a receiver to the PS3's USB port or does it work on Bluetooth.

bluetooth. it directly syncs to your ps3 showing battery stats in the top right corner. really cool keypad (although buttons are a bit small for big handed people)

My first pick-up post:

P1010031.jpg

Love all these games..
P1010030.jpg

Olympus FE-370, really nice camera!
P1010021-1.jpg

Trans Am - Red Line, GOLDEN - Apollo Star (ex-drummer from Mars Volta) - Trans Am case came cracked...
P1010019.jpg

Sherlock Holmes complete collection...
P1010018.jpg

The newest GPU Gems, really awesome, informative book.
P1010017.jpg

Chris Ware, cartoonist, newest collection of comics called ACME Novelty Library, Vol. 19
P1010011.jpg

And my pocket Arthur Rimbaud collection of poems.

EDIT: Sorry about the broken links. Fixed.

Skenzin

Banned
QuickSilverGunk said:
My friend is going to flip when he sees that "arcade" setup, where did you buy it?

My wife bought if for me at Best Buy. It was a exclusive bundle for $149.00. The controllers have lots of little buttons on them where your hand grips, Theres a rudder control on the inside of the throttle and even redundant gamepad controls on both. The thing is alot bigger in person. It makes for a great gaming experience. Well worth the price of 3 games. It's the first game in along time that I woke up in the morning and wanted to play, like a kid again.

Also COD:WOW MP is alot better than expected. Maps are larger with more detail than COD4. Glad I bought it. Fallout3 is a bit of a disapointment for me. I just got out of the vault though.

2ailkwx.jpg

Skenzin said:
My wife bought if for me at Best Buy. It was a exclusive bundle for $149.00. The controllers have lots of little buttons on them where your hand grips, Theres a rudder control on the inside of the throttle and even redundant gamepad controls on both. The thing is alot bigger in person. It makes for a great gaming experience. Well worth the price of 3 games. It's the first game in along time that I woke up in the morning and wanted to play, like a kid again.

Also COD:WOW MP is alot better than expected. Maps are larger with more detail than COD4. Glad I bought it. Fallout3 is a bit of a disapointment for me. I just got out of the vault though.

*img*

Thanks for the info!
*A tip on fallout 3, don't skip over every side quest. :D

Top Bottom