• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

ymmv

Banned
Ashour said:
I want to ask you, for the wireless PS3 keypad, do you need to connect a receiver to the PS3's USB port or does it work on Bluetooth.

You connect the Bluetooth keypad to the controller with a clip. It has its own battery and has to be charged seperately from the controller. You don't need a USB-reciever for the PS3.

Ikopi

My new year present:

IMG_4097.jpg

Wonderful book. Superb art and photographs in a big format. It won't leave my coffee table for a few months. And yes, it has four covers, difficult to photograph but it has a great effect.

No idea if I can post photos of the inside here, but I have some on my blog.

skulpt

Ikopi said:
My new year present:

IMG_4097.jpg

Wonderful book. Superb art and photographs in a big format. It won't leave my coffee table for a few months. And yes, it has four covers, difficult to photograph but it has a great effect.

Man I loved their games in the past. Monkey Island 1,2,3, Jedi Knight 2. They've lost their mojo now it seems. What a great book you got there though.

PS3 games;

Photo0235a.jpg

DS games + an r4 (don't kill me gaf, it was cheap and I was unaware of the CycloDS - btw, Ketsui Death Label RULES! Anyone else here playing?);

Photo0236a.jpg

Thunderforce VI & a totally brand new Genesis game, Legend of Wukong;

Photo0237a.jpg

And every single episode of Stargate SG1;

Photo0239a.jpg

Is there such thing as too much Stargate?

Aurelius

Ikopi said:
My new year present:

IMG_4097.jpg

Good to hear it's a great book! I'm waiting for my order from Amazon to arrive.

Haeleos

Can we get some shots of a couple random pages? I'd like to see how the book is laid out before spending $50 on it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
e9b7f8271b.jpg

Picked it up last year (earlier this week) but just got around to playing it yesterday.

PSP 3000 (Rachect and clank pack but not really into it)
Patapon
Star Ocean First Departure

JEKKI

today I have a day off from work!!

so I slept 12 hours!!!

2yobexv.jpg

xfnvc3.jpg

2ug1ac0.jpg

w9bqkk.jpg

nh0mb.jpg

so unnecessarily epic.

lol 2009 the year of the special editions

Purchased my brothers PS2 to play these great games I never got a chance to play, he has the bc ps3 so didn't need the ps2.

jgo0no.jpg

nny

Jason said:
januarypickup5.jpg

Danboard Mini and Danboard, amazon.co.jp versions.
The 7-11 version is in the mail :)

I didn't know these alternate versions existed...*must fight urge* These can only be bought in their respective stores, right (amazon.jp and 7-11)?

Jason

nny said:
I didn't know these alternate versions existed...*must fight urge* These can only be bought in their respective stores, right (amazon.jp and 7-11)?

The 7-11 one was a special promotion for their new web store. There's a Fuka one too, I think. Ebay's your best bet now.

The amazon one's aren't so limited (the bigger one's a reprint). I got mine from HimeyaShop.
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/11684
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/6594

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
dreamer3kx said:
Purchased my brothers PS2 to play these great games I never got a chance to play, he has the bc ps3 so didn't need the ps2.

jgo0no.jpg

That is some solid gaming right there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dreamer3kx said:

jgo0no.jpg
Holy shit, the three GotYs 2005 and the GotY 2006!

Singho

Recent additions...

2b1ohu.jpg

Dead Space
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge

Street Fighter Tribute Art Book: Awesomeness
Adon SF Figure: £1.99!!

My pile of Street Fighter related stuff will be growing even bigger this year. Roll on SF Movie Blue Ray and various other SFIV related tat! \o/

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What is the giant pink and black super special edition game thing everyone is posting?

BKXB

Economist
Hello, I'm new. It's been a good month, so I felt like sharing.

167kr50.jpg

Unfortunately, the new job means I've had much less time for gaming.

Also, a previous search yielded nothing a few months ago, so I'm happy to have finally tracked down:

21lvn82.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BKXB said:

Isn't this soundtrack redbook audio? Meaning, if you have the game the music is just CD audio tracks. I think I still have the game stashed somewhere too...

BKXB

Economist
Wario64 said:
Isn't this soundtrack redbook audio? Meaning, if you have the game the music is just CD audio tracks. I think I still have the game stashed somewhere too...

R Squared: Thanks!

And Wario, yeah it was. I used to pop that disc into my CD player all the time. Unfortunately, the disc is long gone. Too bad, it likely got sold off at a garage sale for $5 or less.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
3158496315_cbeae81a61.jpg

Got this from nasty n8nmonster as a Christmas gift!

*does headspin*

How did everyone spend their New Year's?

I spent it watching AMC's Rocky Marathon!

ROCKY IV FO LIFE!

LCfiner

Ikopi said:
My new year present:

IMG_4097.jpg

Damn, looks cool. I'll be picking this up next month for sure.

Netto-kun

- Guide for Valkyrie Profile: The Accused Ones so I can figure out all the alternative chapter paths.
- Official Character Guide Book for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.
- Famitsu from last week.
- Manga of Minish Cap and the second volum of Four Swords. Need to look for the first volum.:lol
- Picked up Yosumin after being hooked on the flash version.
- RIZ-ZOAWD and a bonus soundtrack.

SSL21358.jpg
SSL21359.jpg
SSL21360.jpg

SSL21361.jpg
SSL21362.jpg
SSL21364.jpg

LRB1983

Banned
PSP 3000 & PSP In-Ear Headphones
dfhgfk.jpg

Some PSP's stuff
2zykcar.jpg

Killzone Liberation via PSN, Wipeout HD & SPFIIT from EU Store:
2aj8gfs.jpg

Castlevania SOTN from US Store:
330v5g6.jpg

zeldamc.JPG

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (sorry for the iPhone grab, wife has the camera + plus I didn't want to pull the cart out of the system).

My favorite Zelda since Link's Awakening. Incredibly easy, but so much charm. I wish I hadn't waited so long to play this.

Chorazin

3161104200_3a261f182f_b.jpg

I finally got fed-up with my Mighty Mouse so I picked up the MX. So far, I LOVE it. I also REALLY hope that getting Yakuza 2 will motivate me to finish Yakuza 1....

Rufus

Chorazin said:
I also REALLY hope that getting Yakuza 2 will motivate me to finish Yakuza 1....
I hear it contains a recap of the prequel. :D
I have yet to play either of them myself. My copy of Yakuza 2 is still in shrinkwrap...

jts

...hate me...
LRB1983 said:
Castlevania SOTN from US Store:
330v5g6.jpg
Is it possible to buy from the US Store without an US credit card? (question valid for any foreign store tbh)

LRB1983

Banned
mio said:
Is it possible to buy from the US Store without an US credit card? (question valid for any foreign store tbh)
Some Spain's Banks have virtual (online) VISA (BBVA Bank) and Marter Card (La Caixa) cards. They work like prepaidcards, and you can fund them with your cellphone, or going with your money to your sucursal and provide it with credit, without giving any personal reference. It's pretty comfotable for online bought because you no need to be client of these banks and it's totally anonymous.
I pay with the same card on European Store and US Store.

oneHeero

marwan said:
i just bought me an HTC HD, 800x480 resolution, accelerometer, 5megapixel cam, GPS, YouTube client, WM 6.1, 16:9 3.8" screen, Wifi, proximity sensor...and tons more

full specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_hd-2525.php
PM ME impressions please! How does it compare to other touch only? How's the typing on it? Detailed impressions would be awesome. I just picked up the Touch Pro($200). Where did you get the Touch HD?

nny

Jason said:
The 7-11 one was a special promotion for their new web store. There's a Fuka one too, I think. Ebay's your best bet now.

The amazon one's aren't so limited (the bigger one's a reprint). I got mine from HimeyaShop.
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/11684
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/6594

Thanks; since they're not easily available it will be easier to avoid the temptation of getting them. I already have 2 Fukas and promised myself I would only get new figures if they released new characters, so it'll be easier to pass on that Fuka 7-11, specially since the one auction I found for it is asking for almost 100 bucks (by the way, I don't get why all the Fuka figures have the exact same pose) That smaller amazon.jp Danboard looks tempting though. (and thank you for the links, I didn't know the store).

b.e.r.g

I know, so damn silly =/ Sony cams are realy good, but the huge 1080 stickers with the tiny tiny "still image" note underneath makes them seem so unprofessional! A shame =(

Top Bottom