• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Forgot to post this up on the December thread...

Gifts from my fiance for Christmas...

DSC08003.jpg

Nintendo DSi (First DS system pruchase...I know I'm LTTP)
All the Phoenix Wright games
Kung Fu Panda
Modified Mag...

Jason

nny said:
Thanks; since they're not easily available it will be easier to avoid the temptation of getting them. I already have 2 Fukas and promised myself I would only get new figures if they released new characters, so it'll be easier to pass on that Fuka 7-11, specially since the one auction I found for it is asking for almost 100 bucks (by the way, I don't get why all the Fuka figures have the exact same pose) That smaller amazon.jp Danboard looks tempting though. (and thank you for the links, I didn't know the store).

You know you wanna buy them. The power of Danboard compels you!

januarypickup9.jpg

ibu

Here are my pic ups.

One from last year I didn't recieve it till late due to moving house and forwarding mail.

1st Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Watch. I thought there would be more people who picked this up on here.
2nd - Xmas pick ups
FarCry2
Dark Knight
Banksy Wall and Piece
Skull Candy HESH headphones Ltd Edition Metallica Death Magnetic Headphones

*To come... one more game that was bought for me as an xmas present it will be either Valkyria Chronicles or Brothers in Arms.

rlmhb4.jpg

531utx.jpg

2sbqr5z.jpg

24llcub.jpg

euivwl.jpg

25jgk7o.jpg

ibu

Na thats not me, the lighting in that picture makes me look lighter skinned than I am... I won't derail the thread by posting me.

But there is a picture of me in the OT in some post your pics now thread.

Funny video none the less, never seen that!

Eteric Rice

I don't have my camera right now, but since this a thread showing what people buy I thought it would be cool to let you guys know that Disgaea DS, and Dragonball Origins are $19.99 and Legend of Kage 2 is $9.99 at Gamestop.

At least at mine. :D

Will try to post pics later. There were other games for $19.99 as well (Rhapsody and Summon Knights were two that I remember).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Skenzin said:
My wife bought if for me at Best Buy. It was a exclusive bundle for $149.00. The controllers have lots of little buttons on them where your hand grips, Theres a rudder control on the inside of the throttle and even redundant gamepad controls on both. The thing is alot bigger in person. It makes for a great gaming experience. Well worth the price of 3 games. It's the first game in along time that I woke up in the morning and wanted to play, like a kid again.

Also COD:WOW MP is alot better than expected. Maps are larger with more detail than COD4. Glad I bought it. Fallout3 is a bit of a disapointment for me. I just got out of the vault though.

2ailkwx.jpg
BTW, if you can still find it at Best Buy, it's been down to only $99.99 for a few weeks. That's the price I picked mine up at. You can use the locating tool here to find it -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&_requestid=275848

nny

Jason said:
You know you wanna buy them. The power of Danboard compels you!

Nooo! Don't do that to me; they do look nice all together. (I'll probably get the smaller one to keep company to my plain Danboard, the other two aren't different enough to justify the price to me).

marwan

Banned
oneHeero said:
PM ME impressions please! How does it compare to other touch only? How's the typing on it? Detailed impressions would be awesome. I just picked up the Touch Pro($200). Where did you get the Touch HD?

i got it from the UAE. the screen is killer, unfortunately WM nailed it for me in terms of how much i hate it, i returned it and got a Nokia instead. WM is a pain in the ass to use. every small tasks seem to take for fucking even to execute. i plated around with it for a day and go sick it it, the screen and shape is tempting, but gimme an iPhone 3G any day!

iPhones here are hacked bits and pieces, they can even send MMS, maybe in the future i'd pick one up.

sorry to dissapoint u. te only good thing i liked about the HTC HD is the screen and the camera. the rest is same as the old ones. typing was easier though.

HTC.....bring on ANDROID!!!

marwan

Banned
Solideliquid said:
Jesus man, how many phones do you need? What do you do with all your Nokias and iPhone purchases?

buy and sell. Nokias are the best, i currently have the N85 and it rocks with flying colors! love it! it'll spank any HTC on the market.

Amir0x

Banned
JanPurchaseSmall.jpg

Got a new DS... my third not counting the DSPhat. Apparently because the good always-working-never-dying-quality-hardware-that-won't-break arm of Nintendo died with their blue ocean strategy.

Extended by Xbox Live subscription again. Another year, such a brilliant service. Perfect Dark Zero cost 6.99 and it was the "limited edition", so why the fuck not!

Spaced is <3, demi introduced it to me and sent me the videos before it was even coming to DVD in the USA and I still swear by it. Such a great little show. And Battlestar Galactica is one of the few sci-fi shows I can stomach, next to Doctor Who and the like.

Call of Duty World of War was a "why the fuck not?" type purchase. I love Call of Duty 4, and it IS Treyarch, but truth be told I just want to see shit explode some more during World War II. Valkyrie put me in that mood

ibu

_dementia said:
I know this is supposed to be a positive thread and all, but what the hell possessed did you buy skullcandies?

otherwise, neat pickups

Freebies I can't believe they are £55 in Zavvi 8-o

Amir0x

Banned
DoubleFang said:
Yeah the boxart sucks very hard, but I can't say the same thing for Aria of Sorrow :D

Yea I was just making a jab at those who obsess over Boxart. Hell, I have the Dawn of Sorrow "boxart within a boxart" cover. Shit if I care... game is awesome :lol

DoubleFang

Neo Member
Amir0x said:
Yea I was just making a jab at those who obsess over Boxart. Hell, I have the Dawn of Sorrow "boxart within a boxart" cover. Shit if I care... game is awesome :lol

I agree with you.
I just don't give a shit about the boxart if the game is awesome, that's all I care about :lol

MrFortyFive

Some of this is from the end of December

dscf0012.jpg

The frame was a gift from my uncle. I always just used my phone for pictures before but I figured with a digital picture frame like that I should get a decent camera. Got a great deal on the 8.2 megapixel Fujifilm. Great camera and easy to use.

dscf0013.jpg

After ordering the replacement boxart for Okami Wii months ago, I had completely forgotten about it. It showed up at my door a few days ago.

dscf0014.jpg

Resistance 2 and LBP finally pushed me over the edge on a PS3

dscf0015.jpg

Still need to pick up LBP, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Valkyria

ibu

Great Pic ups there.

I am still to get LBP but you have a stellar range to begin your collection with.

Welcome to the club.

zeloe326

Mr.FortyFive said:
Some of this is from the end of December....

Resistance 2 and LBP finally pushed me over the edge on a PS3

dscf0015.jpg

Still need to pick up LBP, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Valkyria

You sir, have awesome taste. Enjoy. Thats a great line up of games there.

Mattlikewhoa said:
Forgot to post this up on the December thread...

Gifts from my fiance for Christmas...

Nintendo DSi (First DS system pruchase...I know I'm LTTP)
All the Phoenix Wright games
Kung Fu Panda
Modified Mag...
Your fiancé sounds like a keeper.

Struct09

DJ GT-S said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/9062qw.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/oqg4es.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I used a w300i for the past few years and absolutely loved it. I just upgraded to an iPhone, and it pained me to retire the trusty old w300i :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got a special surprise from a great man of the GAF... Reno- !

Mr Down Right Fierce himself sent me this for Christmas!

3166017228_fa6acbafd3.jpg

Thanks Reno!

AppleBlade

PCGames.jpg

I've haven't touched any PC games in a while so I decided to go on a little binge with the games pictured here. Mass Effect and Gears because I don't have a 360 so I should check them out. Crysis: Warhead and The Witcher because they are two PC exclusives (for the time being as the Witcher is going to the 360/PS3 in 2009) that get high praise and both look interesting to me. And finally Halo 2 because It is one of the few really big last gen games I never played, better late then never I guess.

Blablurn

2hxvr4n.jpg

Meh :/ Thank god it only cost 22€.

2i9gpdc.jpg

I needed a second MP3 player

14wqgz8.jpg

Phoenix Wright - Justife for All (Damn, i really like the series).

a1m

Banned
glaurung said:

Now that NFS is somewhat dead, I can start playing the recent iterations.

Would you mind opening the boxes and taking few pictures, please?

Gonna post some photos when I get home next week.

Top Bottom