• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

I returned the other copy back gamestop because it was crap. So today I went to another GS and picked it up there!

c71faa4c.jpg

ibu

Swedomu said:
DSC00011.jpg

Rock Band PAL for PS3, this sucker cost 110 euro and the disc was 60 euro! The last box they had.

£72 in the Zavvi Clearout here I stood there umming and aahing for ages whether to get it... spent too much time in that store recently. Shame they are closing... but good for me cos im gettin some money through soon.

warthog

Jason said:
You know you wanna buy them. The power of Danboard compels you!

januarypickup9.jpg

So damn cool! I'm totally not into figurines and stuff, but I caved in and ordered them all. Well, all those I could get :D Still need to find the original 1.

Alien/Predator Total Destruction Boxset (Aliens 1-4, Predator 1-2, AVP 1-2)

alienboxset.jpg

£12.99 off HMV.com....bargain!

Midnight Club

midnightclub.jpg

£12 or something silly off play-asia

Dark Sector

darksector.jpg

£6.99 off shopto.net

I'm proud of my pikey shopping skills. :D

I usually don't post my crap here because mostly it's way too much to keep track of and to make photos of... but I have one review copy (that works on a regular PS3... so no debug needed) that I just had to share.

First this stuff

boughtgot01.jpg

But now on to the meat of the story.

boughtgot02.jpg

boughtgot03.jpg

boughtgot04.jpg

boughtgot05.jpg

boughtgot06.jpg

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Moz La Punk said:

Holy poop. I want that.

Did you get the Resistance 2 one from Sony? I hope mine is just late and they're not being mean because I said Resistace sucked.

TommyT said:
O_O where did you get that hat?!

GameStop has 'em.

My GS has a bunch of them on a dedicated rack (not just that cap, but other Nintendo-branded clothing/accessories too).

I'd give the ones in your town a quick buzz if you want one. They've been out for a while, so some stores may have sold out.

TommyT

Toy Soldier said:
GameStop has 'em.

My GS has a bunch of them on a dedicated rack (not just that cap, but other Nintendo-branded clothing/accessories too).

I'd give the ones in your town a quick buzz if you want one. They've been out for a while, so some stores may have sold out.

Ah thanks. I haven't really ventured into a GS lately since my store credit was used up :D. But if they have dedicated racks for apparel like this I'll be sure and check it out.

Yes Boss!

First pickups of the year! The first were free from Club Nintendo. Very nice quality stuff, especially the neat branded Wii Holder and the second was extremely pricey. Luckily no games for the month of january.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Moz La Punk said:
I usually don't post my crap here because mostly it's way too much to keep track of and to make photos of... but I have one review copy (that works on a regular PS3... so no debug needed) that I just had to share.

First this stuff

But now on to the meat of the story.
Is that a press kit for the preview code?

zmet

jan1.jpg

In the Hunt (new) - US Saturn
This game never loads on my US and Japanese Saturn with the circular power/reset button, but sometimes loads on my launch US Saturn with the oval power/reset button. What the hell is wrong with this game?
jan2.jpg

Namco Museum Encore (new) - Jpn PS
I got this collection mainly for the awesome Dragon Saber. Shinji Hosoe music in this game is simply amazing (stage 3 music especially).

Blu_LED said:
Is that a press kit for the preview code?

Nah preview was a few months ago. This is review baby. Just played the first three levels in about two hours. What a rush, even though I got this far in the preview.

And I cannot say anything about it but the opening cinema is incredible. Made me think of FF: Spirits Within.

Moz La Punk said:
Nah preview was a few months ago. This is review baby. Just played the first three levels in about two hours. What a rush, even though I got this far in the preview.

And I cannot say anything about it but the opening cinema is incredible. Made me think of FF: Spirits Within.
Wow review code already? Isn't it kind of early?

Why is the creation date in May of last year? Is that just when the actual disc was created or just when it was burned?

Sidzed2

Blu_LED said:
Why is the creation date in May of last year? Is that just when the actual disc was created or just when it was burned?

Outside of the USA, we put the day before the month. It is a 5 December disc, not 12 May.

On point, though: me wanty Killzone 2. Not fair.

Rikyfree

Hey, Moz, if you want a break from reviewing, I would be glad to borrow KZ2 from ya and play it. I know it is a huge sacrifice, but I'll fall on that grenade for you.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
My daughter wasn't here for Christmas so we're (my family) celebrating/exchanging gifts today!

My daughter also wanted me to post this on "GAF" lol...

3154220543_92e956ea51.jpg

OMG I havent had one of these ice creams in ages! Get me one PLEASE!.

Xisiqomelir

PathfinderSet.png

Oldschool tabletop people, everyone who told you this was equal to the 2nd Ed FR gray box was correct. Really awesome setting book.

LRB1983

Banned
yurinka said:
Great games. mmm Spanish store + La Caixa + Fnac = are they from Fnac Triangle? I'm from Barcelona too :)
Yeah, Castlevania and Silent Hill are from there. xD I'm from Barna too, internet is so small XD. It was an odyssey to find Silent Hill new anywhere. It's discontinued.

P1053690.jpg

Decided to kick off the year with two awesome games from the last one. Shame that SE decided to ship RE: Chain of Memories when it doesn't even work on the 80GB PS3! It freezes in the opening tutorial, so I had to download a save only 5 minutes into the game after it. Not to mention the frame rate is a bit wonky. I am enjoying it though. :lol

P1053691.jpg

Cheap case for my Touch.

P1053692.jpg

Best pick up so far! Beauty of a wah and it sounds amazing. Hate to say it, but I've been abusing it quite a bit since I bought it. Not every song needs wah.

JEKKI

whooo! bought these today!

with cash.

coz I STILL dont got a replacement credit card!!! >_<

153lkc3.jpg

I was all excited coz the nutritional facts said they only had 80 calories.

I was like damn 80 calories, my last fruit snacks had 70 but those packs were hella small!!

these packs are waaay bigger and only at the cost of another 10 calories,

but then I looked closer and it said "servings per packet: 2.5"

and then I was like awww :( deceived...

Duelist

Yay, first time doing this. I recently got this really sweet 1080p BenQ E2200HD monitor and I'm loving it so far. And yes, I'm really lttp on Watchmen. Sorry for the blurry pic, blame the cameraphone.

DSC00670.jpg

risk

-Glass for the bf.
-Vibrating bear keychain
-Where the wild things are ornament
axiu4g.jpg

Got the bf mike and he got me sully.
2vcsrhw.jpg

reakt

Flunkie said:
3171869015_83ce656a27_b.jpg

That small thing in plastic is a new 320GB HDD for the PS3.
Nice! SAMSUNG? I didn't know they made them that size. Let us know how you get on with it. My western digital 250GB is noisier than the awesome seagate that came in my PS3 originally.

MarkMan said:
Just another day in the office...

3172294332_95c2a2fab9.jpg

I wonder if you can give me the size and the weight of both sticks boxed?. I need it to calculate the shipping cost, a friend of mine living in the states is going to send me both in february.

Top Bottom