• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

2vttkxe.png

Special thanks to HUELEN10 for the new banner! (If anyone wants to make a new banner for this month, you're more than welcome to do so) !

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

Now is the time to post your favorite pick-ups of 2010! What'd you get?

Here are some of my favorites...

4832830815_984cb41133_z.jpg

154361_465287173882_507353882_5725502_1605687_n.jpg

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Yeah, I'm lame.

I'd post a bunch of pics of hot chicks, but it's not important :(

lol.

Happy Holidays all!

Yes Boss!

Last month was lots of cool XBLA stuff so I'm starting this month with PSN love.

3c90080d.jpg

6fcfee6b.jpg

9de81629.jpg

God bless VC. A Neo Geo game I've never played!

ea32ab68.jpg

Candy Care Package from my twin brother!

2e519220.jpg

Oh yeah, my favorite pick-up of the year. My PS3 Hori VLX. Sadly, never used and in storage for a few years. Really gotta get a 360 version and make it a Seimitsu shooter stick:

23ab3781.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
stuffz.jpg

I bought:

Vanquish with awesome 3D cover
Metropolis BluRay and useless DVD Edition
Minority Report exclusively lower bitrate non-US Edition

I didn't buy:

The two pens and a watch

eXistor

Picked up a secondhand Maximo. There's a little rip in the paper, but otherwise it's fine. For €1,- I can't really complain. Also platterhouse, which wasn't exactly on my to-buy list, but the game is a ton of fun. It's not a good game though, I can totally see where the low-ish scores are coming from, it's just that...I don't think it really matters for this game. It does what you expect it to do: smash thousands of monsters to a bloody pulp. It's repetitive sure, the camera is not great, the framerate...ehh, but again it's fun baby!

I also got Mario All-Stars for the Wii, but forgot to take it home with me, so next time.

I can't seem to get upload my pic at photobucket at the moment, so I'll add it when it works again.

WEGGLES

Favourite pick up of the year by far.

My new PC :)

Click for full size.

Built my self. The grass REALLY is greener on the other side.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
CaseyTappy said:
A New month , a new PCB :

For December it's Armed Police Batrider , Raizings finest !

DSCF3104.jpg

DSCF3120.jpg

Nice. One thing I definitely wanna do at some point is finally build that supergun I've been meaning to construct, and then pick up the Raizing shmups that didn't come to the Saturn.

Really a shame what happened to that company.

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
Nice. One thing I definitely wanna do at some point is finally build that supergun I've been meaning to construct, and then pick up the Raizing shmups that didn't come to the Saturn.

Really a shame what happened to that company.
I decided I'm going to finally build a supergun next month. My new year's resolution. I'm going to take a Hori PS3 stick (the amazon white stick) and rewire it with an old non-analog PS1 controller and connect it to my homemade supergun via Laugh's PS->jamma connector. Started buying parts and everything! I can't seem to find a Neobitz anywhere (do they still even make these?) so I might have to go with a Jrok. I think I'll start a thread early next year. You should build one too!

WEGGLES

Felix Lighter said:
Nice. Look at the size of that cooler.
It almost looks like a novelty oversized cooler :lol I went to get the CM 212+ when it was onsale in august at Microcentre, they were out so they gave me a deal on that. It's gargantuan.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
I decided I'm going to finally build a supergun next month. My new year's resolution. I'm going to take a Hori PS3 stick (the amazon white stick) and rewire it with an old non-analog PS1 controller and connect it to my homemade supergun via Laugh's PS->jamma connector. Started buying parts and everything! I can't seem to find a Neobitz anywhere (do they still even make these?) so I might have to go with a Jrok. I think I'll start a thread early next year. You should build one too!

As far as I know, it should be a relatively easy thing for me, since I've got an XRGB-3. Which I think means I'm halfway there. I just need the jamma harness, a power supply, and maybe like one or two other minor things.

I just accomplished my most recent purchase goal (getting new speakers) a few days ago, so I suppose the supergun might as well be next... I should post pics of that shit just so I can stay on topic, I guess.... oh well, tomorrow.

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy,

Yeah, easy and cheap. It will be a quick weekend project. Shocked how simple they are to put together. Only difficult part is making a custom case. I'm using an external dedicated Happ-Suzo power supply because I've got an extra from one of my cabinets.

Never thought about using an XRGB-3 to spool it to an HDTV. I'm planning on picking up the new version coming next year...not for the supergun but simply for Saturn playback.

I just could not settle on a controller but using the mechanics from a Hori stick is simple enough.

Don't know if I'd start collecting PCBs since it is a bit too rich for my blood but I'm hoping to get a Pink Sweets for a good price once the J360 port drops. That is my dream PCB and would complete my Ibara collection.

In any case, I'm going to make a thread so join in when you build one!

SlickVic

image_0581giu1.jpg

$10 on Amazon after the rebate. Been looking for a good deal on a gaming mouse for a while and kind of lucked out with this deal.

ChryZ

Finally a new PC this year:

p1010863.jpg

p1010858.jpg

My favorite single malt pick up of the year:

p1010301.jpg

Fatty R.I.P. Slim successor:

p1000697.jpg

Dedicated PSP3000 for my Japanese PSN activations:

P1010915.jpg

Three of my medium/big pickups in 2010...had many many more..but this year has been more about spending time with family and the job front...more pickups to come!

z1H1ul.jpg

oxNefl.jpg

FoqAsl.jpg

GT5 ... finally.

35a65ua.jpg

256wj8l.jpg

xoo2tl.jpg

2ed4ao7.jpg

"Definitive" collections ...

ftixaa.jpg

Turbine Headphone from Amazon's Gold Box deal. Not bad for the price I got it from.

11297wm.jpg

zsmfrs.jpg

Also got a v-Moda vibe for $20.00 at Costco.

xgbr4k.jpg

The Turbine definitely sound better ...

Top Bottom