• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

mr stroke

IMAG0048.jpg

Healthy upgrade for desktop rig, consisting of geforce gtx 460, corsair 600w psu, mass effect 2 -- Gotta say, ME2 @ 1080P is quite the experience. Yay for pc gaming :D

decpckup1my1q.jpg

My other "big" acquisition of the year, Lenovo ideapad s10-3

decpckup2vlgw.jpg

My Christmas haul + Darksiders (couldn't pass up $14.99 on Amazon):

DSC00586.JPG

Wanted some more PS3 games and also wanted to check out some titles that slipped under my radar this year.

Yes Boss!

After seeing the 999 thread constantly on the front page I bit. GAF better not let me down!

cf6b5aeb.jpg

And Waku Waku 7 from the Japanese VC shop channel:

fc8bc430.jpg

Bii

nilbog21 said:
Dam. where'd u get this?

Got it from here: http://www.imagekind.com/GalleryProfile.aspx?gid=fda80454-8425-497f-82b4-6126773db39f

5302240566_b7fe7fc07f_b.jpg

True Blood: The Complete First Season. Blu-Ray. $27
True Blood: The Complete Second Season. Blu-Ray. $27
Inception. Blu-Ray.
Received Inception as a Secret Santa gift. I haven't seen it yet but from the looks of it, I'll be in for a treat. As for True Blood, my other half is currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, so I bought it mostly for her; but we'll watch it together.

5301645945_213c690d73_b.jpg

5301646273_69ae12ca4e_b.jpg

Kindle Lighted Leather Cover. Burgundy Red. $60
I needed a case and I needed a small light to read at night; I just had to get this. The light is powered by the Kindle itself and it looks fantastic. I <3 Kindle.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Really wish I had a digital camera, picked up Vanquish and Splatterhouse off of Amazon! Can't wait to start these!

TheUsual said:
Really wish I had a digital camera, picked up Vanquish and Splatterhouse off of Amazon! Can't wait to start these!
for a while I was without a camera and I just used my scanner to post "pics" of what I bought. Super ghetto :lol

T1tan

Neo Member
Yes Boss! said:
After seeing the 999 thread constantly on the front page I bit. GAF better not let me down!

cf6b5aeb.jpg

Personally this game has been one of my most enjoyable experiences on the DS this year.

sikkinixx

Trip Warhawkins said:
Healthy upgrade for desktop rig, consisting of geforce gtx 460, corsair 600w psu, mass effect 2 -- Gotta say, ME2 @ 1080P is quite the experience. Yay for pc gaming :D

decpckup1my1q.jpg

]

How do you like that 460? I am thinking of buying that exact model, PNY, in a few days. Looks pretty solid from reviews and looks well made.

Some new Gameboy games:

165158_770753706294_6312708_40124376_5937695_n.jpg

Pokemon Yellow, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Link's Awakening, Metroid Fusion, Game & Watch Gallery 1,2,3, and Tekken Advance.

sikkinixx said:
How do you like that 460? I am thinking of buying that exact model, PNY, in a few days. Looks pretty solid from reviews and looks well made.
Very pleased with it, install was a breeze and I have not had a single driver problem. None. I'm using it on a 2.3 ghz intel quad setup (not i5-i7) so if it struggles in performance it's because of the processor not the card itself. Only tested it with ME2 so I can't comment on more demanding games. Very well built product, but do keep in mind it only comes with one 6-pin sata connector so if you don't have a newer psu you will need to get an extra cable or a new psu altogether (the 460 requires a 450 watts psu, minimum).

tturunen

Neo Member
here is some pick ups by me and my love one :D

Some random (cheap) blurayes.
decshoppings01.jpg

Just so glad to find that Porco Rosso artbook and Star Wars book was only 20euros :p
decshoppings02.jpg

my gf picks, well kind nice game if that wasent always trying to connect to ea servers :(
decshoppings03.jpg

my gaming pick up.
decshoppings04.jpg

also my gf pickup, must say that is great anime series.
decshoppings05.jpg

something to drink, well that cognac is for my grandfather, need to give it when I see him next time (we were xmast in cruise over sea, so no family dinners)
decshoppings06.jpg

And my gift for my gf :D .. Great statue, just 1000 maded and all hand painted.
decshoppings07.jpg

Blu_LED said:
Wow, where did you get those Game Boy games in such good condition?

Found em at a local video game collectors shop. Didn't expect to find boxed copies for some of these, especially when I came in looking for something else.

A7MAD

Banned
Got me a laptop.

On the cheap but it's a nice i5 with 4GB RAM @2.53GHz & 500GB HDD. Has HDMI, E-SATA, VGA, 5in1 card reader etc...

846_Laptop.jpg

Hard to tell in picture but has a nice wood grain finish.

Runs @ 2.8GHz in Turbo mode.

948_i5_Laptop.png

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Nice one :) Enjoying it?
Only have Wiimotes here so kinda difficult since the kicks are mapped to the big A button and the trigger underneath. :lol i'll have to wait till I get back to my classic controllers to give it some play. Seems awesome, though!

.la1n

tturunen said:
here is some pick ups by me and my love one :D

Your post leaves me so confused. Some of things you own are absolutely amazing but then I look at something else and it just rules out the awesomeness of the last thing. SUCH CONFUSION.

WP_000066.jpg

also picked up a cheap blu ray Angels and Demons 8.99 at Fry's 2 disc set

Fighting the temptation to buy a xbox 360 S so I dont need to run power supply for Kinect.....will power fading...must stay strong...:lol

Yes Boss! said:
Only have Wiimotes here so kinda difficult since the kicks are mapped to the big A button and the trigger underneath. :lol i'll have to wait till I get back to my classic controllers to give it some play. Seems awesome, though!

Haha ah yeah that would be kinda tough :p Plays brilliantly with the CC so give it a go when you have them :)

Yes Boss!

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Haha ah yeah that would be kinda tough :p Plays brilliantly with the CC so give it a go when you have them :)
I might pick up another Classic Cotroller Pro while here. Can never have enough of those! I've got half a dozen already. Either that or another Wii stick...all of mine are in storage, even my Neo Geo Wii stick ARGH...why did I pack that!?!! I'm gonna take a drive up to Fry's Fountain Valley and see what they've got.

Carl

Christmas always brings a ton of stuff i would never have bought myself, but still

DVDs and games from family

IMAG0212.jpg

They bought me a ton of vouchers so i went out and got
IMAG0204.jpg

and
IMAG0205.jpg

(Fuck you GAME, giving me grubby display cases and sticking shit all over them)

So yay, finally got my hands on Demon's Souls. Can't wait to play that.

Bought this stuff before Christmas

IMAG0183.jpg

Oh and i downloaded some stuff out of the PSN Christmas Sale too.

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

DoubleTap said:
Not a December pickup, but my biggest in 2010. My daily driver...

Yeah same here, got it back in August, but by far the biggest of 2010. Hell, in 25 years of driving it's only my 3rd car and the first that has even had power locks and windows. :lol

IMG_1000000020.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally arrived :D

199EQ.jpg

sXCa1.jpg

tGN8t.jpg

nfm1k.jpg

A5GeD.jpg

JtwlC.jpg

xIfwW.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Carl said:
That's one hell of a collector's edition
It even includes a bd, dvd and digital distribution copy of the movie :lol

Yoshichan

LiK said:
i have both the US and UK LEs. gonna keep the UK one sealed. :D
Arrrrrrrgh! I need US too ._.

HighAmperage said:
Yeah same here, got it back in August, but by far the biggest of 2010. Hell, in 25 years of driving it's only my 3rd car and the first that has even had power locks and windows. :lol

IMG_1000000020.jpg

I own 2006 model of this baby. Great ride

LiK

Yoshichan said:
Arrrrrrrgh! I need US too ._.

sold out from WBShop, but not to worry. all the same content except for the Blu-ray itself. UK also gets the snazzy outer box, the US does not.

glaurung

Well GAF, it's been an insanely long time coming, but here it finally is: my new TV table.

tvtable01.jpg

After I had gotten tired of looking at catalogs, I had this thing custom built. The front of the table has a special curved surface and behind it:

tvtable02.jpg

tvtable03.jpg

glaurung

Thanks guys!

The games and movies are randomly thrown in right now, but in the end I intend to order the movies alphabetically and the game according to release date.

hipgnosis

PNo10.jpg

Couldn't resist Daifukkatsu LE at 60 euros delivered.

999 seems awesome so far, it is really well written. So far I've done 2 different endings.

And thanks again Keyser for that Zelda!

Sadist

I forgot to post my Christmas stuff. Next to some chocolate, a new calendar plus some other little things, I got these:

ela1ye.jpg

205whon.jpg

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is fun btw. I also got an empty dvd case with a Resident Evil 5 picture plastered on it, because my PC version didn't arrive on time. :(

About the comic books... I've started buying TP's since May of this year and I i've bought to much :p

2iv00g2.jpg

hipgnosis said:
PNo10.jpg

Couldn't resist Daifukkatsu LE at 60 euros delivered.

999 seems awesome so far, it is really well written. So far I've done 2 different endings.

And thanks again Keyser for that Zelda!

I love that 10/10 - Destructoid thing on DP cover. Nice purchase!

expy

Banned
My December/Christmas Pickups...

Not pictured:
- 55" Sony KDL55HX800 LED 3DTV (hasn't arrived yet)
- Few ski jackets
- New Hockey Sticks
- Random clothes

T31nc.jpg

Nk6OD.jpg

vPil5.jpg

AdAMv.jpg

ht8wM.jpg

wUw0g.jpg

glaurung said:
Well GAF, it's been an insanely long time coming, but here it finally is: my new TV table.
tvtable01.jpg

I love when people post their sweet furniture. This piece is beautiful. Just out of curiosity, how much was it to get a custom piece?

Top Bottom