• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

glaurung said:
I hope so.

In theory it's the same disc as the American release. But I could not find a store that would send the US version to EU.

I will post again tonight to say whether my PAL PS3 reads it.

thanks. i'm pretty much in the same situation as you are, but i wasn't as bold.

Stephan1237

Neo Member
Devin Olsen said:
Merry Christmas!

Picked up Limbo on XBLA - Definitely a lot of fun, but not sure if it's worth 1,200 points...
0cAIi.jpg

Thanks Bungie <3
lBALm.jpg

Pose-able Hazard Sign Guy (lol, thanks mom)
ms6E8.jpg

Coffee Table
ak3HU.jpg

Knifes!
kd7F9.jpg
If you waited a few days (31 December Limbo is on sale for 600 /maybe 400 ms points) then you got a discount for it

MiniBossman said:
Not criticizing, but why did you go with the D3000 vs the D3100?

Oh no worries, I decided on this model as I don't plan to use video function (I've got a HD camcorder for that) and the price point. My friend's little brother works at a big box store and this was WELL discounted, so I would have felt stupid not to buy it. It's our first SLR so we have to learn the ropes. This model works for us. The next body we buy once we wrap our heads around it will be something more fierce :D

My most recent pickups

WP_000038.jpg

speaker stands, 100.00 gift cards for footlocker, and Gamestop, Iphone 4, Kinect, and Alice in Wonderland 3D
WP_000060.jpg

My favorite pickups from 2010...

WP_000030.jpg

WP_000026.jpg

WP_000011.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

SAM_0143.jpg

SAM_0082-1.jpg

SAM_0066.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Oh and a Cal King Beautyrest mattress and platform bed

Cdammen

dvd20101227.jpg

Gray card set with photographers rights printed on the back, the Mighty Boosh complete DVD box set and Jurassic Park. I'm thinking of buying a Blu-ray player soon. I need one with MKV, Xvid/DivX and H.264 support and it needs to do a decent job of upscaling old DVDs. Any tips?

Also bought F.E.A.R. (with the expansion) on the Steam sale.

glaurung

Augemitbutter said:
thanks. i'm pretty much in the same situation as you are, but i wasn't as bold.
Just a quick update: the disc is indeed region free.

The language menu at the beginning offers Japanese, English and French.

Here's a crappy phone capture to prove it.

gununi2ss.jpg

FrankNitty said:
My most recent pickups
IMAG0154.jpg
Yes, we have the same laptop. It is the best thing for PC gaming on the go. The thing is a beast hardware-wise and is built like the stealth bomber. I swear it has the best heat dissipation then any other laptop out there. The underside is cool to put on your lap and the afterburners on the back blow out like a hair dryer.

Yes Boss!

Thumbs up or thumbs down on Fast Striker?

Last Hope I liked...Dux not so much. NCS is shipping mine out this week apparently.

I haven't played it yet but Dux was from Hucast and Last Hope like Fast Striker from the Hellwig Brothers at NG: DEV TEAM who are no longer working with Hucast I believe .

robot

Some Christmas stuff!

600371315_photobucket_28418_.jpg

Framed Fighting Vipers arcade marquee

600371315_photobucket_28419_.jpg

Tron Artbook, Twinbee Collection for Saturn, VS Super Mario Bros for NES, Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii, Vanquish for xbox360. Also got Chrono Trigger for DS, Naruto UNS and Majin for xbox360. Games!

600371315_photobucket_28417_.jpg

Classic Giant Robo and Vash Revoltechs

Quake1028

wpqUd.jpg

Bought this little acrylic holder to organize the top of my BD shelf. Was $4.99 at BB. $14.99 regular price is a joke, but for under $5 it's nice enough. Says it only holds 20 BD's but will hold 25 normal size cases. Maybe 26. Christmas BD's and Disney BD Club enrollment selections are in there.

7mhdv.jpg

Saitek Cyborg V.7. First new keyboard in probably 6-7 years. Replaces my trusty wireless Logitech. Sad to see that go but this thing types like a dream and the backlighting is awesome at night.

qu0Io.jpg

Logitech MX518. Replaces a Logitech LX3 which started to crap out on me. Only bad Logitech product I've ever gotten. Christmas gift, as was the Cyborg. In love with it after 10 minutes :lol .

KPkms.jpg

The PC setup.

Pein

Banned
Eaten By A Grue said:
Yes, we have the same laptop. It is the best thing for PC gaming on the go. The thing is a beast hardware-wise and is built like the stealth bomber. I swear it has the best heat dissipation then any other laptop out there. The underside is cool to put on your lap and the afterburners on the back blow out like a hair dryer.
fist bump for the G73 crew

Andrew J.

FullChristmasHaul.jpg

ChristmasHaulBooks.jpg

ChristmasHaulGamesandDVD.jpg

Earth: The Book, A Dream of Red Mansions (completing my collection of the Four Classics of Chinese Literature), American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House, Words That Changed the World: 25 Speeches that Changed the World we Live in, Best Buy gift card ($35), Regal Theaters gift card ($25), chapstick, kickass dragon snowglobe, kickass dragon bookends, M&Ms, 1.6 oz. Hershey's Kiss, 2011 Simpson's wall calendar, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World DVD, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

ithorien

Photobucket's been acting up for me, finally got these things uploaded. The Xmas haul-

TON of candy, AssBro, Hancock, Family Guy SW Trilogy Blu-Ray, white DS3, play, EGM and PSM, Office calendar for 2011
xmas1.jpg

Stewart/Colbert books (hilariously awesome)
xmas2.jpg

BDP-S370 Blu-Ray player from Sony, very cute little thing
xmas3.jpg

Hoodie/snow boarding jacket my wife got me. Super super warm
xmas4.jpg

Really wish my DX took better pictures. The 8MP shroud is such a lie.

Bii

5299104090_0038097096_b.jpg

5299055696_293486bcf8_b.jpg

Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi.
I was a bit skeptical taking the plunge into getting an e-reader but since I got this as a gift for Christmas, I guess I had no choice. This thing is amazing. The clarity of e-ink and how quick books download is impressive.

Kinect Sensor. Xbox 360.
Also received this as a gift and I'm having more fun with Kinect Adventures than I thought I would. The response is a bit slow/laggy but still manageable. I'll have to get some more games for it, though. Definitely Dance Central and maybe Kinect Sports/Kinectimals.

5298454273_32bd18624e_b.jpg

Metropolis. Enhanced Matte 20.7"x32.0". $42.
Had a tough time deciding between this one and Gotham City. Ultimately, I ended up with Metropolis and couldn't be more happier. I'll eventually get it framed but for now, it'll stay like this.

5298453361_44cdaffa0d_b.jpg

Rocky Mountain Coco Fizz - Chocolate Soda. $2.
Someone out there thought it would be clever to put chocolate in my soda. As soon as I opened the bottle, the sweet aroma of chocolate filled the air. It smells nice but how does it taste? Well, it tastes like a Tootsie Roll, except, in liquid form and the consistency is closer to that of root beer. I can't decide if I like this or not as I keep drinking it little by little, unsure of my satisfaction with this soda. Actually, the more I drink it, the more I dislike it.

Bonus Picture...
5299055086_9db24fda20_b.jpg

My Gingerbread House I put together on Christmas! :]

glaurung said:
Just a quick update: the disc is indeed region free.

The language menu at the beginning offers Japanese, English and French.

Here's a crappy phone capture to prove it.

gununi2ss.jpg

thanks! you didn't have to, but i appreciate it :D

Here is one large purchase dump from about October to current, including any Black Friday purchases I made:

Campingandvarious047.jpg

Also just because I finally pulled it out of storage and want to brag. This is a 100% complete ROB, and was one of the originals that I've had since getting my very first NES for Christmas all those years ago when my mother bought me the ROB bundle along with Castlevania and Ghosts and Goblins.

Campingandvarious046.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Yay for boxing day! (More inc soon, waiting on stores to mail me stuffs)

$6.99 apiece for the Bond Blu's at Future Shop, and $5.00 for Corpse Bride =)

24bqafo.jpg

nilbog21

Banned
Bii said:
5298454273_32bd18624e_b.jpg

Metropolis. Enhanced Matte 20.7"x32.0". $42.
Had a tough time deciding between this one and Gotham City. Ultimately, I ended up with Metropolis and couldn't be more happier. I'll eventually get it framed but for now, it'll stay like this.

Dam. where'd u get this?

Driving Emotion was a pre-Christmas arrival, the rest is my gaming-related Christmas loot:

DSC00200.jpg

3rd Birthday shipped this morning but not likely to get here by the end of the year so this could well be my last haul of 2010.

Anony

dsc00284nz.jpg

last pickup of the year
this stick is so much better than the sf4 fightstick
(non glossy finish and the buttons free better)

Anony said:
dsc00284nz.jpg

last pickup of the year
this stick is so much better than the sf4 fightstick
(non glossy finish and the buttons free better)
I love this stick. I honestly can't tell it's not Sanwa while playing. Shoutouts to Madcatz for the Omron switches!

Yes Boss!

Stick is that good?

Thinking I'll head to Fry's and see if they still have TvC sticks.

Recent pick-ups. A hindi blu-ray for Kat/Kumar love:

6ddf8148.jpg

And my brother bought the big Lego Deathstar and saved it for me, knowing I was coming to San Clemente for the holidays. Took three days and about fifteen hours to build, trading on and off. An INCREDIBLE set:

8bc9416f.jpg

Top Bottom