• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

58071_475019576645_685251645_6357688_5310064_n.jpg

165697_475019701645_685251645_6357694_6874843_n.jpg

69725_475019811645_685251645_6357700_8224476_n.jpg

So far I've played the Mario Music CD and kept thinking those sound effects would make great Text message alerts...but I don't know how to make custom text alert sounds though on iPhone 3GS (if it's the same thing as making a custom ringtone then I can do it I guess)

And now I've been playing Golden Sun! I'm loving the graphical style, I wish there was voice acting. There are lots of cutscenes and stuff. The attack and summon animations are really cool :D

Akim

Banned
Christmas Pick-ups:

Amazon Kindle

ZAMNIl.jpg

Blu-ray Player, Inception, Scott Pilgrim

beHUbl.jpg

Kinect

iDF5pl.jpg

Kinect Games

2AOUKl.jpg

Clark's Desert Boots and a pair of soccer cleats

kGLHxl.jpg

Earth

uOm4Cl.jpg

Yuripaw

Banned
xmasstuff.jpg

I know my family didn't have much to spend this christmas, so I was really grateful for all this cool stuff I got. The Street Fighter 4 snuggie was kind of a surprise, lol but it's cool cuz I love me some Street Fighter!

-Winnie-

Yuripaw said:
xmasstuff.jpg

I know my family didn't have much to spend this christmas, so I was really grateful for all this cool stuff I got. The Street Fighter 4 snuggie was kind of a surprise, lol but it's cool cuz I love me some Street Fighter!

Damn, where'd you get that AC shirt? :O

Carnby

PC260246.jpg

some of my favorite gifts from my wife. (unfortunately FOTNS did not arrive in the mail on time.) The Shield was from my father-in-law.

Yuripaw

Banned
-Winnie- said:
Damn, where'd you get that AC shirt? :O

Sevket-Erhat said:
I want that Assassin's Creed t-shirt too

I was told they got it from Target. It was offered as a preorder bonus with AC:Brotherhood, but they had left overs since no one picked them up. They were selling them on clearance.

LiK

Yuripaw said:
I was told they got it from Target. It was offered as a preorder bonus with AC:Brotherhood, but they had left overs since no one picked them up. They were selling them on clearance.

shame that such a cool design isn't offered at the Ubi online store.

Sorry for the shitty pic, but here is my X-mas haul.
VHkMF.jpg

I sold my launch Wii a while back, but the second half of the year had a lot of games I wanted to check out so I jumped back in to the Wii ring. I think Goldeneye has been my favorite of the set so far. I am also really enjoying Other M, S&P: SS, and Sonic a whole lot. Black Ops was more of an informational purchase, I already own it on PC but I wanted to see how it fared on Wii.

Yuripaw

Banned
darkressurection said:
Sorry for the shitty pic, but here is my X-mas haul.
I sold my launch Wii a while back, but the second half of the year had a lot of games I wanted to check out so I jumped back in to the Wii ring. I think Goldeneye has been my favorite of the set so far. I am also really enjoying Other M, S&P: SS, and Sonic a whole lot. Black Ops was more of an informational purchase, I already own it on PC but I wanted to see how it fared on Wii.
Those are some pretty awesome games to pick for the Wii to be sure. I'm jealous of your getting red Wii, wanna trade? lol

You're missing a couple really good ones from this fall like Kirby Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, but it's still awesome to see someone who owns a Wii and picked up some of the best games it has to offer.

Especially glad you got Metroid Other M, and Sonic Colors. I work in video game retail, and not enough people that shop there even look at those games! It infuriates me to no end.

Like you I was also curious how the Wii version of Black Ops faired, but wow, that version is pretty bad. The framerate always seemed pretty much unplayable to me online. Goldeneye was a good choice, that's actually real good online.

Yuripaw said:
Those are some pretty awesome games to pick for the Wii to be sure. I'm jealous of your getting red Wii, wanna trade? lol

You're missing a couple really good ones from this fall like Kirby Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns, but it's still awesome to see someone who owns a Wii and picked up some of the best games it has to offer.

Especially glad you got Metroid Other M, and Sonic Colors. I work in video game retail, and not enough people that shop there even look at those games! It infuriates me to no end.

Like you I was also curious how the Wii version of Black Ops faired, but wow, that version is pretty bad. The framerate always seemed pretty much unplayable to me online. Goldeneye was a good choice, that's actually real good online.
Yeah, planning on picking up Kirby and DKCR soon.:D

jaekwon15 said:
PC260246.jpg

some of my favorite gifts from my wife. (unfortunately FOTNS did not arrive in the mail on time.) The Shield was from my father-in-law.

Your father in law is one bad mother fucker. And if you have never watched the Shield before you're in for a fucking great ride.

Carnby

Ninja Scooter said:
Your father in law is one bad mother fucker. And if you have never watched the Shield before you're in for a fucking great ride.

i love The Shield. and now that my father in law has given this to me, i can convince my wife to watch through it with me. i tell her it is the best written tv show ever, from start to finish (especially finish.) and i don't think i am exaggerating. (thanks dad!)

T1tan

Neo Member
Books

DVDs
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/12886934@N00/5293084494/]
5293084494_f652905c73_z.jpg
[/url]

Games

iPhone

It was a pretty good Christmas!

Foil

Just got done doing some boxing day shopping. Stores were packed like usual, I saw quite a few people picking up those 4GB 360's for $129. Haven't really bought much gaming related stuff in 2010 so this made up for it. PS3 came with free copies of Infamous and God Of War 3. Uncharted 2 was only $17, Animal Crossing was $9, and Alan Wake was $20.

Also picked up a few things on XBLM like Afterburner, Banjo Tooie, and Alan Wake's The Writer. Not sure what to do with the Wii Speak that came with Animal Crossing. Had no intentions of picking it up but $9... that was too good to pass up.

boxingday2010.jpg

DiddyBop

Foil said:
Just got done doing some boxing day shopping. Stores were packed like usual, I saw quite a few people picking up those 4GB 360's for $129. Haven't really bought much gaming related stuff in 2010 so this made up for it. PS3 came with free copies of Infamous and God Of War 3. Uncharted 2 was only $17, Animal Crossing was $9, and Alan Wake was $20.

Also picked up a few things on XBLM like Afterburner, Banjo Tooie, and Alan Wake's The Writer. Not sure what to do with the Wii Speak that came with Animal Crossing. Had no intentions of picking it up but $9... that was too good to pass up.

boxingday2010.jpg

whered you get uncharted 2 for 17?

Bii

Darkness said:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2h54j1w.jpg

Nice pick up on the Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS lens and the 580EX II. I had considered getting the 24-105mm as my walk-around lens but decided to go with the 24-70mm f/2.8L. The same goes for the external flash, I went with the 430EX II (I'm still not that great at flash photography ;_;). Let us know how much you like that lens/flash. :)

Foil

DiddyBop said:
whered you get uncharted 2 for 17?

Staples. Although I bought that the previous week or so before Christmas. Not sure what type of stock they have left or if they got new stock in. They were selling others like Alan Wake and Bad Company 2 for the same price but they were sold out of them.

Merry Christmas!

Picked up Limbo on XBLA - Definitely a lot of fun, but not sure if it's worth 1,200 points...
0cAIi.jpg

Thanks Bungie <3
lBALm.jpg

Pose-able Hazard Sign Guy (lol, thanks mom)
ms6E8.jpg

Coffee Table
ak3HU.jpg

Knifes!
kd7F9.jpg

Pretty epic November / December

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

All stupid awesome deals from Black Friday on through Xmas. Pays not to buy things when they are brand new, was able to afford a lot more games this way.

DSC_0038.jpg

Some Xmas gifts from the Mrs.

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

This was a gift from my sister-in-law to prepare for our first child which is due next month. Its actually pretty good, and meshed well with the parenting/birthing classes we went to.

DSC_0042.jpg

Took advantage of Gamestop's crazy $25 bonus trade in on hardware and traded in a bunch of broken DSlites toward this. Now my bus ride to work each day is a lot more awesome.

DSC_0044.jpg

A new camera and video camera to make sure I document everything the baby does from being born to wrecking my car.

DSC_0046.jpg

Oh and this is an optical illusion. Its really a Kindle. Honest! Someone waited to long to order and got me this as a replacement gift. I'm pleased as punch, now I can just wait for iPad 2 instead.

Shuusui

Merry Xmas, GAF! Good to see you all getting so much awesome shit! Here's the haul for me...

nmfWgl.jpg

Special shout out to the wife for this...
DuO2Vl.jpg

And this.
EfqYrl.jpg

Edit -- oh yeah, and stuff from the family (for me AND my wife)
wEfpXl.jpg

Ryu

7cEAV.jpg

Picked up a lot of stuff for Christmas, but really don't feel like snapping a pic of everything. Instead, the lazy method - Steam screenshot! Pardon the black boxes, it's just hiding the things I had already purchased before the sale.

Bioshock 2 was picked up via Amazon for 5 dollars. The other tiny pic games were from the Humble Bundle, which had to be downloaded on their own since the Steam keys didn't apply to them. Yay charity!

Ledsen

MiniBossman said:
Oh and this is an optical illusion. Its really a Kindle. Honest! Someone waited to long to order and got me this as a replacement gift. I'm pleased as punch, now I can just wait for iPad 2 instead.

Hey, an iPad is no replacement for a Kindle, just try reading a novel on that screen *_*

Oh, congrats on the coming baby :)

glaurung

Augemitbutter said:
nice, is the japanese BD codefree?
I hope so.

In theory it's the same disc as the American release. But I could not find a store that would send the US version to EU.

I will post again tonight to say whether my PAL PS3 reads it.

Top Bottom