• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Yes Boss!

Thanks to Litflynt912 in the buy/sell/trade thread I finally have my most coveted DS! So pretty. And after using XLs for the last year exclusively it is nice to get back to the small form factor. Final DS before 3DS. Unexpected purchase but SO cute!

48c7ab57.jpg

Family photo! <3

75f41080.jpg

Nintendo delivered the free messanger bag:

98fb51dc.jpg

And, bought a non-analog PS1 controller which I'm going to break open for the PCB to mod a HRAP3 as a Supergun arcade stick...using a PS->Jamma adapter:

112efccd.jpg

And DoA2 DC:

b706dcd6.jpg

Finally, big BIG thumbs up for GAFer GamerGeorge who kindly made me a Utopia Boot Disc so that I can now finally play my Under Defeat I bought in 2009 on my US Dreamcast!

19a8a372.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Thanks to Litflynt912 in the buy/sell/trade thread I finally have my most coveted DS! So pretty. And after using XLs for the last year exclusively it is nice to get back to the small form factor. Final DS before 3DS. Unexpected purchase but SO cute!

48c7ab57.jpg

it was a nice system...and really, really limited...glad it went to a great home that will never get rid of it!

now unto 3DS!!!!!

Yes Boss!

^^ Those Creator sets are so cool. Really uses some old-school building sensibilities and seventies pieces. I was at Disneyland on Sunday and stopped at the Lego superstore and they had most of them built in little diaromas, including the big new Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. So neat!

Christmas Haul!

Some new "dress" shoes haha.
003-8.jpg

Gish my friend got me as a gift, came with Edmunds signature and a little sketch.
007-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

Some new games. Front Mission was $20 at Gamestop new so I snatched that up. GTA/Stories and Undead at Toys R Us buy one get one half off. Got Undead for $15 :).
PGR4 was a gift from a friend to give me something while I wait for Forza 3 to come in the mail.
005-7.jpg

Still waiting for Splatterhouse, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, and Just Cause 2.
Blu-Ray collection is slowly building! Gifts from my friend and some I bought myself.
009-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

And finally XBLA haul. MIA in picture form are Bad Co. Vietman and ME2 Shadow Broker DLC and various Indies.
013-2.jpg

016.jpg

017-1.jpg

mr stroke

grap3fruitman said:
Very nice, I was considering a BIC sub before I settled on a different one. How do you like these?

They are fantastic for the price. Paid $360 for two and the spank my old Def Tech Pro sub

depward

Finally jumping in. Tried DQIV (I believe?) and didn't LOVE it... but thought I'd give it another shot.

7230ae45b21845fbbb3db734f2a4ed32_7.jpg

And the base set of Dominion.

6d732bf1bcb34310adb04358bceca38a_7.jpg

Salsa

New 26 inch TV for the bedroom

T1nhq.png

Better quality:

vIXAw.png

vzqfE.png

And that's the PC version of Super Meat Boy wich i play with a Dualshock 2, for those who think PC gaming on a comfy couch is not a thing :lol

Flek

Banned
HighAmperage said:
Yeah same here, got it back in August, but by far the biggest of 2010. Hell, in 25 years of driving it's only my 3rd car and the first that has even had power locks and windows. :lol

showing cars we bough in 2010 now ? i bought this ride in 2010 and LOVE IT <3

saabi.jpg

Olorin

My apologies for the bad DSi camera quality picture:
dec2010stuff.jpg

Christmas presents! Sketchbook plus pencils, Harry Potter 5, Up, Wall-E, 2 Discworld books, The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb and Here Come the 123s CD+DVD by They Might be Giants. And a box of Toy Story tissues for some reason.

dec2010stuff2.jpg

Also downloaded Muscle March about an hour ago.

hJtVH.jpg

How to draw Shojo Manga and a couple of Working!! Figures.

Closeups:

Poplar-chan
RGlv0.jpg

Poor, sweet, violent Inami
UwymV.jpg

Recieved a Steam Humble Bundle for Christmas from a friend but I just tried to get on and it says my account is disabled, so I cant take a pic of that :( I hope I wasn't conned with a fake code.

Shadow780

Last haul of the year:

VeSivl.jpg

Aya goodness <3

hm8vXl.jpg

Dissidia Tumblers

QgDHSl.jpg

Official Dissidia Wallscroll(Light)

CDo0Sl.jpg

Official Aerith AC Wallscroll~

rHFKcl.jpg

TIFA! Wallscroll <3, hopefully they'll release the classic costume wallscroll next~

4FiCml.jpg

sholmes

Neo Member
Ok, so I've had this car for a little under a year but never thought to post it here. But since I've seen lots of cars getting posted up in the last few months, I decided to add mine.

I'm American, but I picked the car up in Germany. These pictures are from the week I spent in Europe after picking the car up (hence the Euro plates).

In Austria near the border with the Czeck Republic:

DSC-0589.jpg

DSC-0579.jpg

At Audi's headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany:

DSC-0409.jpg

In Zurich, Switzerland:

DSC-0965.jpg

In the Black Forest (Germany):

DSC-0911.jpg

^ Great car man. I test drove an A5 once, don't think I've ever driven anything more grippy. Awesome ride.

---------------
Ah, year in review? Well, I'll take this opportunity to post the two bikes I bought this year. An 1100s ABS Ducati Monster and a 15yr old Yamaha YZF750R. Both great fucking fun:

4jpzqb.jpg

sholmes

Neo Member
Fallout-NL said:
^ Great car man. I test drove an A5 once, don't think I've ever driven anything more grippy. Awesome ride.

---------------
Ah, year in review? Well, I'll take this opportunity to post the two bikes I bought this year. An 1100s ABS Ducati Monster and a 15yr old Yamaha YZF750R. Both great fucking fun:

Thanks, man. I've been loving that Ducati for a couple years now. If I ever get the guts to buy a motorcycle, that's what it would be.

sholmes said:
Thanks, man. I've been loving that Ducati for a couple years now. If I ever get the guts to buy a motorcycle, that's what it would be.

Yeah, I highly recommend it. Gobs of power and no weight at all. It weighs as much as the 620 monster I once started on :lol. It's like heroin, but possibly even more lethal.

Cdammen

Some PSP games and a remote switch for my DSLR. It will be used to shoot fireworks with.

games20101230.jpg

...and I got an adapter for this old Minolta lens:

The adapter screws up the focus and adds an inch or so to the lens so it basically makes it a macro lens. Here's a photo I shot using it.

sholmes

Neo Member
.la1n said:
Wow very pretty audi, congrats man. My sis has an A4 but i'm not allowed to drive it.

Thanks. Audis are sexy cars.

Keep working on your sister. I'm still trying to get my wife into an A4.

DoubleTap said:
nice ride! congrats.

Thanks--yeah really loving it, by far the nicest car I've ever had. But talk to me again in 4 years when the warranty's up. :lol
Anyone considering getting a 3 series, definitely go for the Harman Kardon audio system, the stock one is shit. The HK isn't even mind-blowing but once it's adjusted to your liking it's got more than enough bang for the buck. There was no way I was getting it torn up to put in a nicer aftermarket system, so the HK was the best option for me.

And nice rides sholmes and Flek....that Audi is super-sharp looking and that Saab looks almost brand-new, even in the snow.

sholmes

Neo Member
HighAmperage said:
Thanks--yeah really loving it, by far the nicest car I've ever had. But talk to me again in 4 years when the warranty's up. :lol
Anyone considering getting a 3 series, definitely go for the Harman Kardon audio system, the stock one is shit. The HK isn't even mind-blowing, but once it's adjusted to your liking it's got more than enough bang for the buck. There was no way I was getting it torn up to put in a nicer aftermarket system.

And nice rides sholmes and Flek....that Audi is super-sharp looking and that Saab looks almost brand-new, even in the snow.

Thanks. I switched from a BMW, so I know how much fun you'll have driving yours.

As for that Saab, isn't that just the perfect picture for a Saab? The car is partially snow-covered and the road ahead is pure white. That's exactly what I think about when I see Saabs.

sholmes said:
Thanks. I switched from a BMW, so I know how much fun you'll have driving yours.

As for that Saab, isn't that just the perfect picture for a Saab? The car is partially snow-covered and the road ahead is pure white. That's exactly what I think about when I see Saabs.

Yeah very nice pic...I used to love snow, until I got this car. I mean, it drives great in it, but I kept it looking so immaculate the first 4 months and now, to see it covered in salt after a day out is a little painful.

Flek

Banned
sholmes said:

it is :) The best thing about this pic, i took it last week on my way to a snow drift / race training. Well it was planned to be a "safety training" but the instructor was like "na fuck that, we have huge raceway covered in snow and a round course - have fun". Going like 100 kph on a snow covered road or drifting in circles with this saab was really really awesome. Like real-life GT5 <3

HighAmperage said:

yeha when i bought it the guy who had it before send it to a car shop for a professional polishing. And even though it was covered in snow, rain, mud etc. after that it still looks great and "clean"

Yes Boss!

Paid to have my Ibara Kuru poster mounted. Did not want to spend the money on a custom matte and frame yet so I did this in order to store it in the closet. When my cabs come out of storage in a few years I'll hang this in the game room!

Love the colors of Ibara Kuru!

da56cf5e.jpg

Yes Boss!

Solemn Nomad said:
Sweetness! I'm gonna break down and buy a mushi futari poster one of these days.

Yeah, Princess Reco Mushi poster would be awesome. AWESOME!

Holy Shit. less than two months till Pink Sweets!

isny

napkin dispenser
(Probably) my last pickups of the year.

2/$15 from Rogers Video (Taken out of the large UK double size Blu Ray cases they use for rentals and put into smaller ones)

qn4p5x.jpg

Top Bottom