• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

Recall

Just arrived. My Xmas gift for myself.

95E8CF2D-0495-4007-A4E4-619689BC4EDD-3449-00000409D180D6C7.jpg

Iacobellis

Well, 2012 is winding down to an end. Here are some of the things I have gotten over the year. Both photos were taken on a new Micke Desk I picked up from IKEA yesterday.

• Apple Magic Mouse
  • iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate
  • Twelve South Book Book for iPhone

• Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display mid-2012 model
  • Sony MDR-XB500 headphones

Japanese 3DS LL. Now I don't have to worry about whether something comes to NA anymore, finally.

Can you read / speak Japanese, or are you working through with a translator? I see a lot of people here buying Japanese games and consoles and it does make me wish I knew the language. It would be nice not to worry about localisation; I could already have stuff like PSO2 and Layton VS Wright. :/

Aeana

Can you read / speak Japanese, or are you working through with a translator? I see a lot of people here buying Japanese games and consoles and it does make me wish I knew the language. It would be nice not to worry about localisation; I could already have stuff like PSO2 and Layton VS Wright. :/
I'm fluent in Japanese. The only reason why it took so long for me to get a JP system is money. (._. )

Cypher

Late November, early December aquisitions!

Lego The Lord of the Rings (360)
Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition (360)
Far Cry 3 (360)

DSC08831_zpsf4e82b78.jpg

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3/PS VITA)

DSC08874_zps09f6307d.jpg

Killzone Trilogy - Ultimate Combo Pack (PS3)
Resistance Collection (PS3)

DSC08875_zps7c4c38a8.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This baby just came in and I'm excited as fuck. Fire Emblem: Awakening
83ijQ.jpg

Great way to end the year.

Edit: lol, forgot, too excited

Yasawas

Can I ask how much this cost you? I wish it was easy to get one in the EU.

Are you in the UK? It's not the prettiest but those are nice fellas to deal with in my experience and that price is tough to beat. You'll probably want to buy a PAL SNES pad for it too as lead on the the SuperFami ones are too short to be practical. I managed to get one on eBay a few months back for £60 delivered in good condition from a seller called Game Sensei but they don't seem to have any at the moment, they had about 6 listed when I got mine.

Since I didn't get any games for Christmas, I treated myself to some new stuff.

First, the Rally dlc for Forza Horizon. I freaking love it. It's hard, but so much fun.
XyZng.jpg

Next, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, Mass Effect Trilogy, and another 18 game 3DS card case.
TX5EN.jpg

Vortex566

Are you in the UK? It's not the prettiest but those are nice fellas to deal with in my experience and that price is tough to beat. You'll probably want to buy a PAL SNES pad for it too as lead on the the SuperFami ones are too short to be practical. I managed to get one on eBay a few months back for £60 delivered in good condition from a seller called Game Sensei but they don't seem to have any at the moment, they had about 6 listed when I got mine.

Yeah, that looks great! Will have to look into it.

1212-SurroundSound.jpg

-Only the Speakers were a gift, I bought the receiver & cables/accessories myself. Everything I watch/play sounds AMAZING now! :D

Cool, so they finally have AVRs with wifi huh? That will definitely be in my next receiver, fuck using a wifi bridge.

8308662459_22072d0322_b.jpg

It's. So. Big!

8323942344_cb1cbd463d_b.jpg

I guess I'm the only one who chose the posters as the Platinum gift... I probably should have got the cards too.

8322882485_209d21d8ed_b.jpg

8322881881_69f60b591e_b.jpg

and I got that Polo, Polo, Polo!

8322875317_fac4aa5da4_b.jpg

8322876705_c0d8d2a801_b.jpg

8323939956_135fc4b7f5_b.jpg

jbueno

Took advantage of Gamestop's recent trade in bonuses and finally got myself a 3DS XL. I wanted a blue unit, but it wasn't in stock, so they threw in that DSi Wallet. Steel Diver was free too. Traded in my old Jasper arcade 360, I was planning on getting a J360 anyways so no big loss.

Also got a hold of my club Nintendo Platinum rewards posters, and color me disappointed. At least those were free, can't complain.

Voucher code goes to my buddy, I keep the physical edition (got for $20 cheap)!

Dude, it doesn't come with a voucher. What happens is you download the Vita version on whatever PS3 console the ps3 disc is put into. Then you download it on the Vita through the download list/history.

So, give your friend the ps3 disc and let him download the Vita version. If he doesn't have a PS3, then put his PSN account on your PS3 and download the game, so he can download it through his download list/history on his Vita.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I tried to get myself something before the year changes!

sam_05701024x768cvsum.jpg

I wonder what's in the bags? O:

sam_05711024x768ylslw.jpg

sam_05721024x7682xslr.jpg

sam_05731024x768lvs1o.jpg

I got me a Blue 3DS XL with built in Mario Kart 7, a HORI silver case for 3DSLL, and Kid Icarus Uprising!

Ban Puncher

Xmas Haul

LHq7k.jpg

The difference between a standard 3DS and the 3DS XL is like night and day. With the XL I now actually like to use the system and don't have to baby it to avoid the screens touching and scratching. Seriously, what the fuck was up with that? Also the displays are now not tiny fucking things further making the original system look rubbish in comparison to the refresh.

Got gifted another set of Retro Game Master DVD's. Double the Kacho.

eXistor

db1vQ.jpg

Finally got me a copy of Shatterhand. Great game btw, controls are tight as shit even if the levels themselves err on the generic side.

I was too late on amiami, so I just got the Link figure on eBay. Getting the Master Sword on there proved difficult, but I got the technique down now :). It's hard to really get the precise poses you want though. I had the same trouble with Samus, it usually ends up not looking natural, but a bit stiff.

Top Bottom