• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League(s) - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I don't get. Why is AP still draft-able yet Mendy undraft-able? Didn't Mendy hurt his earlier?

Yep, and a few writers have brought that up as more fuel against AP.

That being said 1/2 of AP is still better than a healthy Mendenhall. And Mendenhall is all but guaranteed to be on PUP while nobody knows with AP.

Cloudy

Banned
There is 1 spot left in the main league depending on if one last waitlister signs in. Long-time gaffers would get priority :p

UberTag

Just diving into the league settings for a refresher... any thoughts on the following?

Switching Weekly Waivers from Game Time - Tuesday to Game Time - Wednesday

Running the waiver run during the morning/overnight hours following Monday night football won't allow much time for injury reports to circulate. I'd kind of like to allow some breathing room for people who need quality pickups to spend their waiver priority wisely instead of blind.

Wednesday seems more reasonable to me. The only Wednesday game this season is right at the start of the season and that still affords people sufficient time to adjust and set their lineups for the next week.

I'd actually be fine with waivers running overnight on Wednesday into Thursday morning but I can understand how that might prove problematic for people with busy schedules. I'd rather not see people fielding incomplete lineups.

(If I'm completely misinterpreting the current setting and it's implying waivers will be run Tuesday overnight/Wednesday morning, I'm fine with what we've currently got.)

Switching Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards to 0

I'm not that big on the penalty for missing a 50+ yard field goal being the same as missing a 20 yard field goal. Would sort of like this to be 0. Wouldn't even mind seeing missing a 20-29 FG bumped up to -2 points like 1-19 yards.

Lastly, we probably don't want to leave firming up the dues/payout structure for too long.
We're now 5 weeks away from draft day and I know Cloudy is going to want to ensure everyone has paid up beforehand.

Cloudy

Banned
Damn I missed this :( if any more leagues open up let me know :(

If anyone drops out, you get the spot since you played in the past

(If I'm completely misinterpreting the current setting and it's implying waivers will be run Tuesday overnight/Wednesday morning, I'm fine with what we've currently got.)

I think you are. The waiver time is now based on individual players and their games not any specific day. This way, there are no loopholes like opening week last year

I'm not that big on the penalty for missing a 50+ yard field goal being the same as missing a 20 yard field goal. Would sort of like this to be 0. Wouldn't even mind seeing missing a 20-29 FG bumped up to -2 points like 1-19 yards.

Hmm. You may have a point there. Any other thoughts on this?

Lastly, we probably don't want to leave firming up the dues/payout structure for too long.
We're now 5 weeks away from draft day and I know Cloudy is going to want to ensure everyone has paid up beforehand.

Okay. I'll throw out a proposal and if we can't agree on it or tweak it a bit, we'll just go with last year's figures

I'm thinking $65 and top 5 split for starters

Hmm. You may have a point there. Any other thoughts on this?
It's a sliding scale. There are more than a few kickers than a 50+ FG is a practically a chippie, nvm mile high conditions. Missing a FG is a mistake, there has to be a penalty. Either that or redesign the whole scoring system:

0-19 - 2 for make, -2 for miss
20-29 - 2 for make, -2 for miss
30-39 - 3 make, -1 for miss
40-49 - 3 for make, -1 for miss
50+ - 4 for make, -0.5 for miss

Increase reward by 1 pt. every 20 yards, divide penalty by two every 20 yards.
Okay. I'll throw out a proposal and if we can't agree on it or tweak it a bit, we'll just go with last year's figures

1) Regarding the money, I thought it was 50, 55 or 60. I imagine you'd want to poll people on the buy-in.
2) Also like last year, can't co-sign a Top 5 split. You're rewarding just making the playoff and not reward reaching the semifinals. Look at it this way: you want to get that paper, you gotta win a playoff game. I'd just go Top Four.

UberTag

I think you are. The waiver time is now based on individual players and their games not any specific day. This way, there are no loopholes like opening week last year
I'm completely clear on when players go on waivers and are effectively locked. The "game time start" improvement rule is long overdue.

It's the time they leave waivers and become free agents again that has me still a little foggy. If the setting as you have it is Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, it's fine. If it's Monday night/Tuesday morning, I think it's too early. The rule just says Tuesday which is somewhat nebulous.

$1040 prize pool? Hmmm, I'm guessing the payout structure would be something along the lines of.

1st - $425
2nd - $275
3rd - $175
4th - $100
5th - $65

That sound about right?

It's a sliding scale. There are more than a few kickers than a 50+ FG is a practically a chippie, nvm mile high conditions. Missing a FG is a mistake, there has to be a penalty. Either that or redesign the whole scoring system:

0-19 - 2 for make, -2 for miss
20-29 - 2 for make, -2 for miss
30-39 - 3 make, -1 for miss
40-49 - 3 for make, -1 for miss
50+ - 4 for make, -0.5 for miss

Increase reward by 1 pt. every 20 yards, divide penalty by two every 20 yards.
I'm on board with this suggestion if Yahoo! affords us that degree of flexibility.

.... why is Field Goals missed 0? You have to have a penalty for missing them, or else making a 50+ has to drop and be 4. Fractional points on FGM aren't allowed?

Cloudy

Banned
I'll apply Frankman's FG changes for now if there are no objections. I think they look good.

I'd personally be down with every playoff team getting something but 5 seems like a good compromise. With a split like:

1st - $395 ($345 last year)
2nd - $275 ($225 last year)
3rd - $200 ($150 last year)
4th - $105 ($75 last year)
5th - $65 (entry fee refund)

It'd be a bump up from last year for each spot and there would be one more winner.

UberTag

I'll apply Frankman's FG changes for now if there are no objections. I think they look good.

I'd personally be down with every playoff team getting something but 5 seems like a good compromise. With a split like:

1st - $395 ($345 last year)
2nd - $275 ($225 last year)
3rd - $200 ($150 last year)
4th - $105 ($75 last year)
5th - $65 (entry fee refund)

It'd be a bump up from last year for each spot and there would be one more winner.
I sort of like how I broke the split down better so the jump from 3rd to 2nd ($75) isn't less than the jump from 4th to 3rd ($95). Although I'm sure you've got a reason for breaking it down that way.
If you dropped 3rd place down to $190 and bumped 1st up to $405 the jumps would at least be equivalent (like last year) at $85 a piece.

I sort of like how I broke the split down better so the jump from 3rd to 2nd ($75) isn't less than the jump from 4th to 3rd ($95). Although I'm sure you've got a reason for breaking it down that way.
If you dropped 3rd place down to $190 and bumped 1st up to $405 the jumps would at least be equivalent (like last year) at $85 a piece.
What percentages is Cloudy using? This is mine:

For 16 people x $65 = $1,040:

1st gets 45% = $468
2nd gets 28.75% = $299
3rd gets 18.75% = $195
4th gets 7.5% = $78

Top 4 w/ increases across the board and the League winner gets a larger piece of the pie. I can also do a more even split among the 4 playoff winners.

Basically, if a 5th monetary award is made it can't be among playoff teams. Might as well use "Highest Scoring Non-playoff Team" then, sort of like a Silver Slugger award in Baseball.

Cloudy

Banned
How about we decide on the entry fee and then figure the splits afterwards? lol

PS: Crazymoogle is set as the co-commish

minx

I know it's early but can we move back the draft time 1 hour. I will be at work at the current set draft time.

Phoenix

Big fan of 1st place being more money - even if 5th place were eliminated.

Ah it must be football season, everyone is busy screaming outrage at the draft date. :)

Did we agree on an entry fee yet?
I like $60. The other thing is... we don't have the NeoGAF Economy League set up yet. Is Puddles commish this year again, because whoever is needs to get in gear.

Dinner Out says $65 (No GAF account)
He gets no pick as a non-GAFfer in a supposed GAF League. He has no rights, he is merely chattel. Screw him.

come-at-me-bro-spongebob-squarepants.gif

COME AT ME BRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom