NeoGAF Gold Gifting

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2018
Not a fan of the thread highlighting really, I think the gold badge next to the reply count is sufficient.
I'm just not a fan of the color that is being used. It doesn't look at all gold. The post reply button and the color of our forum names look considerably more gold. Here's someone else inadvertently saying the same thing, by asking if the "beige color" could be a new forum style. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-3-0-feature-update.1476719/page-5#post-254234035

I don't think the whole post needs to be a different color, but there has to be some big, noticeable highlighting, or badge, or graphic, or something.

The feature itself is a really cool idea, though.

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I'm just not a fan of the color that is being used. It doesn't look at all gold. The post reply button and the color of our forum names look considerably more gold. Here's someone else inadvertently saying the same thing, by asking if the "beige color" could be a new forum style. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-3-0-feature-update.1476719/page-5#post-254234035

I don't think the whole post needs to be a different color, but there has to be some big, noticeable highlighting, or badge, or graphic, or something.

I'm on dark classic theme and the highlighting looks sort of orangey brown, I mean I suppose it's as close to gold as they can get but I don't like the colour, or the fact that it's a massive highlight of a random thread, I think the badge is good enough for indicating a gilded thread. I have no problem with the idea or having that visible in the main forum list, it's just a bit much at the moment I think.

The Gold Gaf logo at the top of the screen looks sick with dark theme though, I will miss that...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

A soft gold tone was picked for compatibility across classic/modern light/dark themes and to strike a compromise with overall visual impact. We don't want it to stand out to the point of disrupting the thread list.

Reactions: Musky_Cheese

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
A soft gold tone was picked for compatibility across classic/modern light/dark themes and to strike a compromise with overall visual impact. We don't want it to stand out to the point of disrupting the thread list.
I think having the gold badge as the icon to the left of the thread (instead of the neogaf logo currently for all threads, on classic anyway) would denote the gildings well without the need for a big highlight.

Last edited:

Shifty.

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
Somewhere in space
I think having the gold badge as the icon to the left of the thread (instead of the neogaf logo currently for all threads, on classic anyway) would denote the gildings well without the need for a big highlight.
Very much agree with this- I like the idea but feel like the block colour stands out too much (on modern dark, at least) and replacing it with a smaller icon, thin border, or some other subtle highlight would be nicer.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
The new gilded thread icon triggers me because it is in the same position as the Reset locked thread icon.

• Triggered
Reactions: CurryPanda

Celcius

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2009
I see some posts or threads highlighted in gold and there’s what looks like an award next to “gift” under their post. Is this related to gaf gold?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I see some posts or threads highlighted in gold and there’s what looks like an award next to “gift” under their post. Is this related to gaf gold?
Yeah, you can choose to gift posts or thread directly. If a post is gifted, it'll turn gold, and if the OP of a thread is gifted, it'll turn gold on the thread list as well. See this update thread for details: