• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Gold Gifting

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
The new cool is not having gold.
9EcvcS3.gif

Not a fan of the thread highlighting really, I think the gold badge next to the reply count is sufficient.

I'm just not a fan of the color that is being used. It doesn't look at all gold. The post reply button and the color of our forum names look considerably more gold. Here's someone else inadvertently saying the same thing, by asking if the "beige color" could be a new forum style. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-3-0-feature-update.1476719/page-5#post-254234035

I don't think the whole post needs to be a different color, but there has to be some big, noticeable highlighting, or badge, or graphic, or something.

The feature itself is a really cool idea, though.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm just not a fan of the color that is being used. It doesn't look at all gold. The post reply button and the color of our forum names look considerably more gold. Here's someone else inadvertently saying the same thing, by asking if the "beige color" could be a new forum style. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-3-0-feature-update.1476719/page-5#post-254234035

I don't think the whole post needs to be a different color, but there has to be some big, noticeable highlighting, or badge, or graphic, or something.

I'm on dark classic theme and the highlighting looks sort of orangey brown, I mean I suppose it's as close to gold as they can get but I don't like the colour, or the fact that it's a massive highlight of a random thread, I think the badge is good enough for indicating a gilded thread. I have no problem with the idea or having that visible in the main forum list, it's just a bit much at the moment I think.

The Gold Gaf logo at the top of the screen looks sick with dark theme though, I will miss that...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

A soft gold tone was picked for compatibility across classic/modern light/dark themes and to strike a compromise with overall visual impact. We don't want it to stand out to the point of disrupting the thread list.

Nymphae

Banned
A soft gold tone was picked for compatibility across classic/modern light/dark themes and to strike a compromise with overall visual impact. We don't want it to stand out to the point of disrupting the thread list.

I think having the gold badge as the icon to the left of the thread (instead of the neogaf logo currently for all threads, on classic anyway) would denote the gildings well without the need for a big highlight.

Last edited:

Shifty

I think having the gold badge as the icon to the left of the thread (instead of the neogaf logo currently for all threads, on classic anyway) would denote the gildings well without the need for a big highlight.
Very much agree with this- I like the idea but feel like the block colour stands out too much (on modern dark, at least) and replacing it with a smaller icon, thin border, or some other subtle highlight would be nicer.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I see some posts or threads highlighted in gold and there’s what looks like an award next to “gift” under their post. Is this related to gaf gold?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I see some posts or threads highlighted in gold and there’s what looks like an award next to “gift” under their post. Is this related to gaf gold?

Yeah, you can choose to gift posts or thread directly. If a post is gifted, it'll turn gold, and if the OP of a thread is gifted, it'll turn gold on the thread list as well. See this update thread for details:

cormack12

Gold Member
You know what i think would be good - a pledge system.

Those without gold can 'pledge' something, so it works like a sponsorship e.g. Rentahamster Rentahamster 'I do solemnly swear that if someone gifts me gold, I will create one OT or post 8 new threads in the month regarding gaming news.....

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You know what i think would be good - a pledge system.

Those without gold can 'pledge' something, so it works like a sponsorship e.g. Rentahamster Rentahamster 'I do solemnly swear that if someone gifts me gold, I will create one OT or post 8 new threads in the month regarding gaming news.....
The only thing I can solemnly swear to is that I am up to no good.

Ehm....

*Clears throat*

Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Conway Twitty.

tenor.gif

In all seriousness though. I just wanted to say Thank You to NeoGAF for their awesome gold gifting system where I can choose to show my appreciation to any member in this forum.

In spirit of PlayStation's Days of Play, for the next 7 days leading up to the final E3 conference, I will be gifting 7 NeoGAF members. Some of the reasons as to why I'll be gifting these 7 members of the forum will be posted here on this thread.

So let's start with the first lucky member that will receive a free one (1) month NeoGAF Gold subscription:

1. CyberPanda CyberPanda (Reason for Gift: You were the first person on this forum that PM'd me and complimented me. I wasn't sure at first if you were genuine but as we furthered our conversation, I realized you were a good friend to have on this forum. God knows it's not easy to make friends on a forum, especially if you're an account like mine, but I digress. This gift is me telling you how I appreciate you as an active and contributing NeoGAF member and a friend that I can trust :messenger_grinning_smiling:)
  2. Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 (Reason for Gift: June 4th was a day which I will never forget. It was a day where I felt like I've crossed the line for the last time. I felt like I wasn't wanted anymore on this forum and no one to back me up. However, there was one soldier that still stood beside me and defended to his last breath. That soldier was Gamernyc78. Whether he intentionally had my back or not didn't matter, i just felt like he did and was the last remaining soldier holding down the Sony fortress that I've created. I realized, however, that necrobumping a thread was a grave mistake. It may have costed me my longest ban but thankfully, I was reprimanded with a more softer punishment. Gamernyc78, however, received his final blow that day and got a ban, albeit a much shorter ban. You were my Ser Jorah that day but without the romantic dynamics and aspirations. This gift is to you for always having my back when defending the honor of the company that revitalized my sensei, Hideo Kojima. Thank you and may Sony keep on winning for years to come :messenger_beermugs:)
  3. Pallas Pallas (Reason for Gift: Some say that flattery is the best way to compliment someone. Well, Pallas has done that in spades over the past few weeks. Just like Kojima, I too love being praised for just about anything that I do. But I believe Pallas is genuine about his admiration for MiyazakiHatesKojima and Kojima-Sensei. I believe he understands my character more than most people on this forum. I, too, admire Pallas and his contributions on this forum, especially when he 'likes' my posts (that's the best part, ofcourse). So, here is my gift to you for being a fan of mine and an awesome member of this forum :messenger_beermugs: Sincerely, Kojima's #1 Disciple)
  4. Kagey K Kagey K (Reason for Gift: I know this may look a bit sudden and random that me of all people is gifting KageyK but let me explain why. Over the past days, I've had a bit of an epiphany when it came to myself on this forum. I've done some good stuff and not-so-good stuff on NeoGAF that I'm not proud of. One example of this is the way I treated you, Kagey K. The way I spoke to you, mentioned you, targeted you, accused you, insulted you, and dismissed you is something that I'm not proud of. I don't know how best to say it but let me start by apologizing to you for my conduct towards you. You're an OG member of NeoGAF and that alone warrants respect. I've followed your posts and saw a man who genuinely respects this forum and wants it to be better. I also saw a man who doesn't mind the occasional jokes and banter towards a brand that he loved and admires, for good reasons. Despite how I may have come across before, I still admired your commitment to this forum and Microsoft. You're a good man, Kagey K, and I want you to know that. I'm not expecting you to change your perspectives on anything after this because I started to see why having different perspectives breeds engaging and thoughtful discussions, as long as people respectfully disagree. I didn't do that and suffered the consequences. This is me extending an olive branch to you and I hope you accept this gift. Lets enjoy these glorious next few days, yeah? :messenger_beermugs:It's Microsoft's biggest E3 yet, Dammit! :messenger_grinning_squinting: )
  5. Gift Card Declined.
  6. demigod demigod (Reason for Gift: See post #296))
  7. Final Special Announcement on Wednesday, June 12th has unfortunately been cancelled. If you wanted to know who i was going to gift, it was me. I know, pretty lame :p
Thank you NeoGAF for giving someone like me a chance to do this.

Let's Celebrate E3!:messenger_bicep::messenger_fire::messenger_rocket::messenger_crystal_ball::messenger_8ball::messenger_die::messenger_darts::messenger_heart::messenger_beermugs::messenger_smiling_horns:

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Ehm....

*Clears throat*

tenor.gif

In all seriousness though. I just wanted to say Thank You to NeoGAF for their awesome gold gifting system where I can choose to show my appreciation to any member in this forum.

In spirit of PlayStation's Days of Play, for the next 7 days leading up to the final E3 conference, I will be gifting 7 NeoGAF members. Some of the reasons as to why I'll be gifting these 7 members of the forum will be posted here on this thread.

So let's start with the first lucky member that will receive a free one (1) month NeoGAF Gold subscription:

1. CyberPanda CyberPanda (Reason for Gift: You were the first person on this forum that PM'd me and complimented me. I wasn't sure at first if you were genuine but as we furthered our conversation, I realized you were a good friend to have on this forum. God knows it's not easy to make friends on a forum, especially if you're an account like mine, but I digress. This gift is me telling you how I appreciate you as an active and contributing NeoGAF member and a friend that I can trust :messenger_grinning_smiling:)
  2. ********** (To Be Announced on Friday, June 7th)
  3. ****** (To Be Announced on Saturday, June 8th)
  4. ****** (To Be Announced on Sunday, June 9th)
  5. ****** (To Be Announced on Monday, June 10th)
  6. ***** (To Be Announced on Tuesday, June 11th)
  7. ******************* (Final Special Announcement on Wednesday, June 12th - You don't want to miss this one!)

Let's Celebrate E3!:messenger_bicep::messenger_fire::messenger_rocket::messenger_crystal_ball::messenger_8ball::messenger_die::messenger_darts::messenger_heart::messenger_beermugs::messenger_smiling_horns:
Awww. Thank you, you didn’t have to gift me anything but thanks. Hugs

Pallas

Gold Member
Ehm....

*Clears throat*

tenor.gif

2. Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 (Reason for Gift: June 4th was a day which I will never forget. It was a day where I felt like I've crossed the line for the last time. I felt like I wasn't wanted anymore on this forum and no one to back me up. However, there was one soldier that still stood beside me and defended to his last breath. That soldier was Gamernyc78. Whether he intentionally had my back or not didn't matter, i just felt like he did and was the last remaining soldier holding down the Sony fortress that I've created. I realized, however, that necrobumping a thread was a grave mistake. It may have costed me my longest ban but thankfully, I was reprimanded with a more softer punishment. Gamernyc78, however, received his final blow that day and got a ban, albeit a much shorter ban. You were my Ser Jorah that day but without the romantic dynamics and aspirations. This gift is to you for always having my back when defending the honor of the company that revitalized my sensei, Hideo Kojima. Thank you and may Sony keep on winning for years to come :messenger_beermugs:)
  3. Pallas Pallas (Reason for Gift: Some say that flattery is the best way to compliment someone. Well, Pallas has done that in spades over the past few weeks. Just like Kojima, I too love being praised for just about anything that I do. But I believe Pallas is genuine about his admiration for MiyazakiHatesKojima and Kojima-Sensei. I believe he understands my character more than most people on this forum. I, too, admire Pallas and his contributions on this forum, especially when he 'likes' my posts (that's the best part, ofcourse). So, here is my gift to you for being a fan of mine and an awesome member of this forum :messenger_beermugs: Sincerely, Kojima's #1 Disciple)
  5. ******* (To Be Announced on Monday, June 10th)
  7. ******************* (Final Special Announcement on Wednesday, June 12th - You don't want to miss this one!)

Thank you! I really do appreciate it and I find your posts amusing, funny and at times enlighten on how they elicit responses. Enjoy your E3 my friend, I’m glad to call you as such. :messenger_beaming:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Ehm....

*Clears throat*

tenor.gif

5. ******* (To Be Announced on Monday, June 10th)

Lol 😂😂😂 awesome post bro.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
@Kagey K (Reason for Gift: I know this may look a bit sudden and random that me of all people is gifting KageyK but let me explain why. Over the past days, I've had a bit of an epiphany when it came to myself on this forum. I've done some good stuff and not-so-good stuff on NeoGAF that I'm not proud of. One example of this is the way I treated you, Kagey K. The way I spoke to you, mentioned you, targeted you, accused you, insulted you, and dismissed you is something that I'm not proud of. I don't know how best to say it but let me start by apologizing to you for my conduct towards you. You're an OG member of NeoGAF and that alone warrants respect. I've followed your posts and saw a man who genuinely respects this forum and wants it to be better. I also saw a man who doesn't mind the occasional jokes and banter towards a brand that he loved and admires, for good reasons. Despite how I may have come across before, I still admired your commitment to this forum and Microsoft. You're a good man, Kagey K, and I want you to know that. I'm not expecting you to change your perspectives on anything after this because I started to see why having different perspectives breeds engaging and thoughtful discussions, as long as people respectfully disagree. I didn't do that and suffered the consequences. This is me extending an olive branch to you and I hope you accept this gift. Lets enjoy these glorious next few days, yeah? :messenger_beermugs:It's Microsoft's biggest E3 yet, Dammit! :messenger_grinning_squinting: )
Very nice gesture, dude. :messenger_beermugs:

demigod

maxresdefault.jpg

demigod demigod , I know it must've been hard for you to experience an E3 without Sony (God knows it was for me :( ) but to compensate for Sony's lack of E3 conference this year, I would like to gift you with NeoGAF Gold!

I salute you, Soldier.

God Bless America.

And God Bless Sony.

TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Lol I was planning on getting gold soon but thanks! Nah I'm fine with Sony not showing up, I'm sure they have a plan.

Top Bottom