• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Hearthstone Tournament, Beta get serious.

One small detail if future tournaments are ran, I'd like to not have to disclose what class we are, mostly because people that have a bye the first round will be able to adjust their deck ahead of time because they will know what class their opponent used in the first round. Maybe we could all select a class ahead of time or PM our class to whoever is running the whole shindig as alternative options, in the future that is.

Small, but a significant detail. If I knew I was playing a Druid I'd strongly consider swapping in a Big Game Hunter ahead of time, for example.

I am very happy with how the tournament has been setup and ran, so I don't mean to complain, just wanted to suggest something for future tournaments.

hobart

I think it puts less stress on Ferrio this way. I hear you -- but I don't think there is a perfect way to make this happen without some serious wrangling from the Tourney creator.

BigAT

I think it puts less stress on Ferrio this way. I hear you -- but I don't think there is a perfect way to make this happen without some serious wrangling from the Tourney creator.

Not really, just change the signup to GAFname/B.netID/class. It's no big deal if the classes aren't changing.

bunbun777

Didn't know I was going up against a level 55 heh. Will never burn an innervate for no reason ever again, I promise. GG JesseZao.

Cystm

iFfDVGKCMHH8O.gif

Yeah, sorry about that. Confirmed, I lost. I have underestimated how much I have come to rely on Legendaries.

No problem at all by the way! And yeah... I only ever run 1 Legendary in my deck, so this tournament seems designed for someone like me who is Hearthstone-poor.

BigAT

Just looking for clarification on a rule since it's not explicit in the OP, is it alright for the winner to make deck changes between games?

Between games it's against the rules, between matchups it's fine.

After each game in a match, the loser has 5 minutes to make adjustments to his/her deck but must not change classes. You can also make adjustments to your deck between matches and again must not change classes.

Wait, I'm sorry, but doesn't your post contradict this quote from the OP? The loser should be allowed to make adjustments, right? My reading comprehension is horrid though.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait, I'm sorry, but doesn't your post contradict this quote from the OP? The loser should be allowed to make adjustments, right? My reading comprehension is horrid though.

Yes loser is able to make adjustments between games in a match. Between matches anyone can make adjustments.

Ferrio

Banned
Just sent out angry letters to people in round 1 that haven't done their first match. If you have something scheduled disregard the message, just trying to alert people before deadlines hit.

Miletius

Hey Folks,

Update: Cystm (Cystm#1932) beats Miletius (Miletius#1828). 2-1, so I save a bit of face. Sorry we couldn't get to the game until now, quite a busy week for me thus far!

biaxident

I beat Dahbomb/danthebadass 2-0.

I was paladin, he was druid.

Edit: I have the screen shots in case dahbomb doesn't come online to confirm.
GB15WtZ.png

0bIrqbR.png

Barrage

Hey Ferrio, I was wondering if it was cool if me and Soka play our Round 3 Match, or if we have to wait for everyone to finish Round 2 first.

Top Bottom