• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Hearthstone Tournament, Beta get serious.

Ferrio

Banned
Bracket updated. Barrage and biax have until tonight to complete their match. Angry letters will be going out to yondy and hobart.

If there is another one(tourney) in the future I'd be interested in joining.

Four posts above yours, Ferny mentioned that he/she may be up for running the next one. I hope Ferny (or anyone really) will; I had a ton of fun in this one even though I got knocked out about halfway through.

Ferny

Four posts above yours, Ferny mentioned that he/she may be up for running the next one. I hope Ferny (or anyone really) will; I had a ton of fun in this one even though I got knocked out about halfway through.

I (he haha) will once this one is over to make sure the games get finished and all. I had fun with this one so I definitely want them to keep going.

I (he haha) will once this one is over to make sure the games get finished and all. I had fun with this one so I definitely want them to keep going.

Will you uphold the no Legendaries rule? I was thinking, since the game has been out now, perhaps allowing some (1? 2?) Legendaries per deck may be a decent idea. Probably best to ask in the main Hearthstone thread for feedback though. I'll participate either way of course, was just thinking on this today.

Ferny

I've been thinking about that actually. I do like the idea of allowing them, but limiting them a bit like you said with 1 or 2 per deck. I also see the rules changing tourney to tourney as well just to have some fun with it rather than the same rules every time.

Ferrio

Banned
Updated, yondy set me a message earlier saying he'd be scheduling his match asap.. so whoever loses that will go against you.

hobart

Yondy - I'm the same hobart that's in Diablo 3 GAF clan. We've even grouped together. Let's get it done -- but NOT during hours that I work (9am-7pm EST).

I should be around later tonight.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone still alive? I'm happy with this just dying and no winner, less money I have to pay out :D

Seriously, anyone here?

TriGen

Hobart, I added you on Battle.net the other day and messaged you the past couple days asking you if you wanted to play but you didn't respond. We're supposed to be done Friday so I'm posting here in case you're checking GAF. I can do any time tonight. If you're just busy or don't want to play I'd like it if you could post that because I'd rather not be DQ (I understand being over it or having it slip your mind, but we're so close so I'd rather just finish it legitimately at this point). I'm free any time if you want to squeeze it in.

Reminder: I'm DJamesGames on Battle.net if you didn't realize who I was when I messaged you. I'll stay logged-in tonight.

Update: Hobart got in touch with me this morning. He should be able to play after work today, so we should slip in before the deadline. Just wanted to let Ferrio know we're alive and we're aware of the deadline.

hobart

Hobart d. TriGen 2-1. Well played bro! SSs below--

K8LlmdQl.jpg

19zPlzIl.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Superbonk takes 3rd place.

Now remember guys. Jesse only has to win one match (of two rounds) to take the tourny. Yondy coming from losers will have to win one match (of two rounds) to reset the bracket, Then whoever wins the next match (of two rounds) will win the tourny.

So you guys might play up to 6 games. Good luck to both of you.

Yondy604

Banned
Hey fer, are you gonna run this tourny again sometime?, we should get this sponsored, so we can get even a bigger turnout!

Try messaging hearthstone admins, maybe they can make this official, as a yearly thing

Ferrio

Banned
Hey fer, are you gonna run this tourny again sometime?, we should get this sponsored, so we can get even a bigger turnout!

Try messaging hearthstone admins, maybe they can make this official, as a yearly thing

Nope I'm done with it after this, someone else will have to take the reigns.

Which reminds me, wanted to thank you again for managing all this Ferrio. I know it lasted longer than you expected, but it really was fun while I was still in it! I hope someone else steps up to establish another one soon... There was some talk of it a page or so back.

Ferny

Yeah Ferrio thanks a lot for sticking with this and running it.

Once we have a champion, I will start sign ups for the next one. I think this is a great thing to do often.

Yondy604

Banned
Yeah fer, this tourney was amazing. Thanks a ton. I will spread the love for you on all hearthstone outlets, and stream.

Top Bottom