• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

entremet

I've been with this message board since almost the beginning. This account I think was started in 2004 but I've been around much longer. I really miss the old, old days of photoshop contests. People really brought the funny.
I remember there was a poster that made original art during NPD threads. I think he was a cartoonist. I can't remember his name at all.

He was a more mature poster as well, in terms of average age. Loved his posts.

Last edited:

dolabla

Did we break 1000 members online yet? I hadn't been paying attention and only noticed we were close to it on the day XSX preorders went up. There was like 930+ online. Pretty crazy to think things got as low as under 100 at one point and now we're close to a 1000 (and possibly passed it, I just missed it by not paying attention).

I wonder how many of the millions of banned people from Resetera came back here. And yes it's literally MILLIONS.

I was one of Bish's victims. I was so upset I gave up on game forums for about 8 years. I put a lot of effort in with PhotoShops and GIFs in the classic era GAF of OG Xbox
Vs PS2 Vs GameCube and the hilarious Gahiggidy receipt debacle. I rejoined late last year, but only lurked as I thought Bish would instaban me but thankfully when I read up on recent GAF history he's no longer here. 👍😂

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I appreciate this forum and the people here. I just went gold to express it.

EviLore EviLore , keep on keeping on.

Cheers, will do. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Did we break 1000 members online yet? I hadn't been paying attention and only noticed we were close to it on the day XSX preorders went up. There was like 930+ online. Pretty crazy to think things got as low as under 100 at one point and now we're close to a 1000 (and possibly passed it, I just missed it by not paying attention).

Ep7e4lF.gif

IKXP6El.jpg

Madflavor

Gaf is shaping up to be a great comeback story. It went through some dark times, then shit hit the fan and there was a Mass Exodus of Left Extremists, Furries, and Kid Fuckers. It was pretty quite for a while on here. Ash fell slowly and a calm wind blew through the air. But from the ashes this forum started to rise again, with a better and more diverse community. The rate it's been growing these past couple years has been awesome. I feel like a lot of newcomers (myself included I lurked for the longest time), are people who finally feel safe to come on here and share their opinion, and people who have been wrongly chastised and banned from the worst gaming forum on the internet.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Gaf is shaping up to be a great comeback story. It went through some dark times, then shit hit the fan and there was a Mass Exodus of Left Extremists, Furries, and Kid Fuckers. It was pretty quite for a while on here. Ash fell slowly and a calm wind blew through the air. But from the ashes this forum started to rise again, with a better and more diverse community. The rate it's been growing these past couple years has been awesome. I feel like a lot of newcomers (myself included I lurked for the longest time), are people who finally feel safe to come on here and share their opinion, and people who have been wrongly chastised and banned from the worst gaming forum on the internet.

Ahhh a fellow lurker

giphy.gif

Kerotan

Good stuff boys. I used to post on era before getting banned but tbh the place apart from a dictatorship was just too busy and a hive mind at that.

Here it's just popular enough for me and all views are welcome.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I enjoyed the Destiny chatter over on era but as I find myself falling off of the game don’t really have a reason to post there any more. Doesn’t help when they ban ya for speaking out on black listing content creators like Angry Joe and to a lesser extent Redlettermedia.

So paranoid you are going to hurt someone precious feeling and get a ban it’s not worth it.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Not to hash up old shit but this place is so much more tolerable. As an Xbox fan you would have to watch saying anything positive about Xbox in fear or goofy senile Samuel L Jackson slamming you with a ban.

Even vawn feel like family lol

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I enjoyed the Destiny chatter over on era but as I find myself falling off of the game don’t really have a reason to post there any more. Doesn’t help when they ban ya for speaking out on black listing content creators like Angry Joe and to a lesser extent Redlettermedia.

So paranoid you are going to hurt someone precious feeling and get a ban it’s not worth it.

That, and the human mind adjusts to restrictions. If you constantly tip-toe around subjects, and become afraid to even broach them, you are subconsciously reinforcing yourself, over and over again, to not even think about those things, or cast them in a bad light, as well as teaching yourself to never rock the boat. You begin to fit their mold.

That’s partially by design, I’m sure.

It’s a major reason why I don’t entertain authoritarian BS for even a second. It’s just not worth it. It’s not worth compromising with, or any of it. The only response to someone telling you how to think, within reason, should be ‘Fuck off’.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I just want to say I appreciate the fuck out of this place and the ability to joke and have different opinions on stuff.

You aren't allowed to have different opinions from the rest of us you have to agree that Battlefield 6 must be about transgender robots :messenger_angry_horns: :messenger_angry_horns: . ..... oh I'm sorry I had my Reset Era hat one oops. It happens from time to time

Last edited:
You aren't allowed to have different opinions from the rest of us you have to agree that Battlefield 6 must be about transgender robots :messenger_angry_horns: :messenger_angry_horns: . ..... oh I'm sorry I had my Reset Era hat one oops. It happens from time to time
Come on, man. I know you can make better jokes than this.

Komatsu

We're at a full 2x the post activity compared to the beginning of this year. It's likely time to return to moving OTs that are more than a month old to the Community forum so they can continue along peacefully, too. People will want to check the Community tab more often.

I think that is great idea - particularly so for really big OTs. I sometimes feel like small games get drowned out by the big ones. For example, shouldn’t the Nintendo OT be moved to Community?

me0wish

I wouldn't care for that, TBH. There's a lot of good people here who joined specifically because that requirement went away.

You know, you're actually quite right, I let some obnoxious users get into my head, one day, they'll learn not to be obnoxious, not by not being allowed here, but by interacting more with people.

skybaby

Not to hash up old shit but this place is so much more tolerable. As an Xbox fan you would have to watch saying anything positive about Xbox in fear or goofy senile Samuel L Jackson slamming you with a ban.

Even vawn feel like family lol
I fucking hated bish and how everyone sucked his dick.
I avoided getting banned that age by simply not being around

JoeDanny

The reason I started coming back here after the Era clusterfuck was because I figured all the power-tripping moderation had gone away, and it seems that it has. Let's hope it stays that way, because GAF is one of the few places on the web where any topic can be discussed freely without some asshurt janitors dishing out permabans to their intellectual rivals.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I know nothing but I honestly feel you deserve this, first and foremost, EvilLore.

Upward and onwards.

QxvSgxj.gif

Cheers. We're in a much better place overall now than in 2016-2017 in terms of community health and sanity, as well as fairness and transparency, so I'm glad to see that the strong foundation we've built in the time since has started to be put to good use.

Top Bottom