• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

JackEtc

Got some stuff in from DealExtreme yesterday. Along with a few chargers and such, got these:

hOGl1.jpg

swmwO.jpg

Beats were $4.20, and the Ray-Bans were about 7 bucks. If you knew what to look for, it's obvious that the Beats are knock-offs. I could totally sell them to unknowing idiots at school If I wanted to though.

The Ray-Bans look amazing, though. Like, I'm pretty sure they are actual Ray-Bans. They've got the RB etching, had the sticker on them, came in a box with a case and everything. Stylin'.

TxdoHawk

Texas Fold-Em for Dummies, a 2GB SD card (hooray for stuff that requires non-SDHC cards!), and a Logitech G9x mouse. I miss my wireless mouse, but I don't miss having yet another battery to charge...

IMG_20120115_211634.jpg

plc268

Nice man, it looks great!

There's a mini PCI-E slot in the CR-48?

Yep. Two actually.

6705880567_03e0902c20.jpg

The half-height mini-pcie is under that silver ribbon cable, and the full height mini-pci-e is the card right above it (which is currently the 3g modem). The ssd is on the bottom right.

But... the wifi card i bought isn't going in anytime soon, because I stripped the hell out of the screw holding it in. The screw is self is probably glued in, and I'll probably have to drill the screw out.

Apenheul

I swear I will get you for Manhattan Project, man. I should've stolen it during the drive to Eindhoven ;)

I already punished myself for accidentally buying NTSC versions Startropics and Barcelona '92. But yeah, Ducktales 2 and Turtles 3 were my pickups of the month for sure.

Welcome to big school! I have the 23" version of that monitor and it's absolutely fantastic. Only problem I find is the screen seems to sit a little uneven on the stand. It annoys the hell out of me.

I finally got this weapon of mass ownage!

lumia800.jpg

149€ on time + 2years contract @ 17€ / month (1036 minutes, 1036 sms, 2gb data incl., after that downgrade to 128kbit)

ChryZ

New lens for my G3, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f1.8, the following photos were taken with this combo.

Had to retire my old cans, very happy with their replacement: Audio Technica ATH-M50

Haven't unwrapped it yet, but looking forward to play Rayman Origins

How did I missed Shox back then?

Better late than never, another gem I've missed: Samurai Western

ACH1LL3US

Got some stuff in from DealExtreme yesterday. Along with a few chargers and such, got these:

hOGl1.jpg

swmwO.jpg

Beats were $4.20, and the Ray-Bans were about 7 bucks. If you knew what to look for, it's obvious that the Beats are knock-offs. I could totally sell them to unknowing idiots at school If I wanted to though.

The Ray-Bans look amazing, though. Like, I'm pretty sure they are actual Ray-Bans. They've got the RB etching, had the sticker on them, came in a box with a case and everything. Stylin'.

How can you tell if the beats headphones are knock offs? did they come in the original box?

What majestic country do I have to emigrate to for that kind of mobile contract?

Austria. There might be many things that suck here (as there are in every country) but when it comes to mobile contracts nothing beats Austria. We are some kind of guinea pig country when it comes to mobile providers. As there are four big carriers (and plenty of small discount providers) in this small country they tend to try out new stuff and new contract types over here. For us consumers this is the land of milk and honey.

JackEtc

How can you tell if the beats headphones are knock offs? did they come in the original box?

All of DealExtreme's branded things are knockoffs. They photoshop out logos on their stock photos, but then all the user uploaded photos show the logos.

The beats I bought in particular came in a plastic bag, and the logos are kinda stuck on (hard to tell) vs the etched logos on the real ones. They sell all sorts of beats of varying quality, lots of which are very real looking an come with boxes and everything. One guy even said the serial number on his beats studios actually registered on the monster website. Good shit.

The Boat

I'm cheating a little since some of these were from late December, sorry!

4LuOh.jpg

iPad 2 as a Christmas+2 months late birthday present. Yeah!

JZKaU.jpg

Cover for the iPad

TlL51.jpg

Haven't had time to play that much :/

BLD6I.jpg

Already finished the 2nd one, but found this cheap so what the hell.

A9s57.png

93WTB.png

sAqD1.gif

JNZ39.jpg

kGoVI.jpg

I only have a PSP Go, but this was super cheap and I like to have a physical collection.

QJZTM.jpg

oTtbY.jpg

Windfish T-shirt!

I think I'm missing some things, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box for example, but I don't have it with me at the moment.

Haven't picked up anything so far this month, but one of the cooler things I got last year was this:

2011janpickup04.jpg

Getting into the Guinness Book of World Records with a ton of LBP2 swaggity swag.

2011septpickup05.png

2011 Honda CBF since I was learning how to ride, among other things. =)

vitacola

Austria. There might be many things that suck here (as there are in every country) but when it comes to mobile contracts nothing beats Austria. We are some kind of guinea pig country when it comes to mobile providers. As there are four big carriers (and plenty of small discount providers) in this small country they tend to try out new stuff and new contract types over here. For us consumers this is the land of milk and honey.
The only thing I heard about Austrian mobile traffic contracts is that the provider will make a lot of money after you get above your traffic limit. Are you sure they will just restrict your bandwidth and don't let you pay a horrendous amount of money per MB?

The only thing I heard about Austrian mobile traffic contracts is that the provider will make a lot of money after you get above your traffic limit. Are you sure they will just restrict your bandwidth and don't let you pay a horrendous price per MB?

They had to change that a couple of months back. One of the carriers - I think it was A1 - has been sued by the consumer interest council after billing somebody 3k € for a couple of megabytes. The authorities said that the price exceeding the limits was in no relation to the price billed for the data included.

They went as far as calling it extortion. Soon after that all carriers changed the included data (i think on new contracts only, though) to an unlimited plan, with bandwidth drop after a certain amount depending on the contract.

In my case it's a max. 128kbit after I use up the 3GB included. But I've never used that much data in a month.

C-Jo

Very nice. Would have loved to purchase that as well, but I think $35 + a giant shipping fee is just way too much. It's a great soundtrack, but not worth that kind of of money to me.

Yeah it was a lot, probably too much. It is blue though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
pYqaKl.jpg

7Px6El.jpg

Gk8EVl.jpg

mPSYjl.jpg

f4g1ql.jpg

As you can see I went on a digital feast, + added all my DLC's and Online passes to play games over the holidays

Best pick up of 2011 for me was my 65" 3D VT25 Panasonic Plasma

nikoo

deals from Mediaworld (Mediamarkt)

bec2505c.jpg

2x The Witcher 2 Collectors Edition, priced 39€
Ps Vita preorder box
Killzone 3 Hellghast Edition, priced 34€
Games are from zavvi
Bluray was 12.90€, with a coupon I paid 2.90€

32c28dce.jpg

some nes titles I played when I was younger but I didn't have in my collection

ea64cfa5.jpg

a couple of limited editions

ed139a63.jpg

new 3d movies
32e01b65.jpg

Tattooth

First post! I've been lurking in this thread for about 3 years, and had an account for the last year. I wanted to my first post to be something cool and game related.

azkS8l.jpg

The A Life Well Wasted print isn't new but the frame is.
I need to remount the ALWW one since it is not centred, but it's too much work!

Top Bottom