• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

Deefuzz

CriterionGodzilla01.jpg

The Criterion Blu-Ray AND the MonsterArts? Awesome, that's two items sitting in my Amazon shopping cart right now that I have yet to pull the trigger on!

Got this today

otmHjl.jpg

Whoa! I've never seen an XL in those colors before. Do you have more images of the system? It looks pretty nice

Good news: Only took 2 weeks to get here.
Bad news: had to pay £15 in fees to get it. Urgh.

6795355061_a9cee96f96_z.jpg

Nice! I've got that same release of the game. Still haven't had the chance to get it started yet though. :(

bitoriginal

Good news: Only took 2 weeks to get here.
Bad news: had to pay £15 in fees to get it. Urgh.

6795355061_a9cee96f96_z.jpg

Did you get this from the official website? Been looking at this myself but it's rather confusing as it says 'preorder' and doesnt mention anything about shipping info.

mr_toa

Hello fellow espresso aficionado! I took the plunge recently myself to start learning the art of making great espresso at home.

I don't know how much you know, so forgive me if I'm telling you things you already know.

#1 - Get a good grinder to go with that Silvia. The grinder makes a HECK of a difference like I couldn't believe. The affordable Gaggia MDF is decent, but the dispenser is a mess. I ended up getting a Baratza Vario that so far as been worth every penny.

#2 Get a real tamp! That plastic garbage they provide sucks.

Enjoy your new machine!

Thanks - it's a totally cool machine!

on #1; We got the Rancilio Rocky grinder, seemed like a good choice to go with it. That said the Baratza Vario looks totally nice!

on #2; You're right, it's the next upgrade for sure!

All input is appreciated, so thanks for the leg up!

Gagaman

A friend of mine is moving to Sweden very soon and is having to sell most of his game collection. I popped over this weekend and bought all this stuff off him:

qbCoA.jpg

zWnhe.jpg

DdN1T.jpg

He also let me have these, been looking for this magazine again for years and now I have the full set!

VdMf2.jpg

3Z5QL.jpg

vitacola

Last minute January pick-up:

Humble Android Bundle. And Linux. And Windows. And the other thingy ;)
Not even owning an Android phone yet, lol.
PGTNy.jpg

Dustforce OST - Soooo good!
dJaQh.png

Resident Evil: Revelaitons - Thank you zavvi for delivering a few days after release and avoiding customs by delivering from UK mainland (?). <3
killer7/Shadow of Rome Capcom Bundle - New for 17&#8364;. Although I would have preferred the Cube-Version, but the price was too good. Let's hope the PS2 version is not that bad.
FXry4.jpg

EDIT: Them Von-der-Leyen-Gedächtnisstempel ...

feli

This showed up in the mail today. I have to review it for my site. I don't know why the pr sent it after two months.

I think I'll leave it sealed for my collection and play with my friend's copy.

IMG_0118.jpg

JackEtc

Congratulations. That rocks :)
Thanks! I'm really excited for next year.
I wonder what the NO one looks like. NO (You suck)? lol

Anyway! Congrats! What are you going to study?
I'm glad I didn't find out what it looks like, lol. I'm going to be studying Communications, with a concentration in either Interactive Media/Game Design or Film. I really like making small short films with friends and making some crude special effects in After Effects, and I'd love doing it as a career.
Congrats dude
Thank you!
Congrats, man!

I went to a state school (University of Missouri); so my acceptance letter was expected and not nearly as fancy looking ;p I've never heard of that school, but judging by that nice package I can assume it's a prestigious education.
Thanks :D. Yeah, it is quite fancy. It's a big folder that has the letter of congratulations on one side (Probably just a form letter, but I dunno because they frequently referenced my community service (Eagle Scout)), and the other pocket is tabbed and has instructions, dates, fees, answers, etc. Not many people have heard of Marist, it's a small school in upstate New York. It's not super prestigious, but is pretty highly regarded as far as rankings go.
You know what it's time for?

Senior Sliiiiiiide.

But really, do yo work.
You have no idea how tempting giving in to senioritus sounds. I know I can't let it happen, though. At least not yet.

JackEtc

Marist isn't "upstate." Compared to NYC I guess, but its only Poughkeepsie. Expensive school though.

Yeah, I say only say upstate because of I don't, people always assume it's in New York City.

I know it is, kinda sucks. Although neither of them had even suggested the school to me, my grandpa taught there for 40-something years (stopped a few years back when he got Leukemia, he still knows the president of the school on a personal level), and my Mom also attended there. We were hoping that maybe I could get some help from the school because of them, but nothing really came of it. There's no way my family would receive financial aid, either. Hoping all the scholarships I've been doing pay off, because I'm still in the hole like $12,000, not including books that I'll have to pay for.

I love the school, though. I had checked out 7 or 8 schools before it, and I didn't really feel attracted to any of them. I got to Marist, and it just clicked with me. I'm hoping it'll be worth it.

Takuan

Kept debating on whether or not I wanted this, and on a whim decided to use my $25 in Best Buy reward certificates on something "big".

r7f2n.jpg

Top Bottom