• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
VenusandBacchus said:
this is driving me crazy whats the cat in the upper right from?

That's Toro the cat, old Pocketstation/Sony mascot kitten... he also has a blog show for JPN on the PS Network for PS3s.

rage1973

PS3.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

270004b.jpg

btf1980

Truelize said:
i guess I'm not contributing a ton by coming in here in posting this, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever done this.

I have put myself on a game and movie buying ban. I'm not allowed to buy any game or movie other than Crackdown until March. Then in March I'm not sure if I'll pick up anything other than Hotel Dusk. I counted all my purchases from September to January 1st and I think it worked out to 28 games and like 20-something movies. Just ridiculous.

I figured it was a good way to save some coin and force myself to play some backlog.

Anyone else ever do this?

Yes. The last game I bought was Resistance. The only other game I got coming is Virtua Fighter 5 which I pre-ordered some time ago. I do have gift cards, which I might use for Lost Planet if that goes on sale or something, but I don't buy games unless they are triple A titles these days. What's the point? After I beat most games, I rarely play them again.

Avalon

{Mike} said:
And, IMO, the worst. It's too action-oriented and break the tempo of other SH. It's still cool, but my least favorite.

revil4cover.jpg

A LTTP thread about RE4 made me buy this version for the PS2. I'm in love again, thought I would not die now that I know the traps/ennemies. Truth is, I'm on the island and my death count is 25 :lol I can't wait to see the ps2 bonuses.

Interesting. You can love one for breaking it's adventure game roots and becoming completely action oriented but you can't love another for having more action elements? :p

I have Silent Hill 2 coming in a few days though, hopefully I can finish Silent Hill 3 before that. :)

Bildi

Truelize said:
i guess I'm not contributing a ton by coming in here in posting this, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever done this.

I have put myself on a game and movie buying ban. I'm not allowed to buy any game or movie other than Crackdown until March. Then in March I'm not sure if I'll pick up anything other than Hotel Dusk. I counted all my purchases from September to January 1st and I think it worked out to 28 games and like 20-something movies. Just ridiculous.

I figured it was a good way to save some coin and force myself to play some backlog.

Anyone else ever do this?

YEP! Last generation I don't know how many games I bought but it was something like 120 or more. Which is nuts.

So this generation I am slowing down. Last game I bought was Zelda and Gears, next is Crackdown.

And stop reminding me about Hotel Dusk dammit.

Dave Long said:
Picked this up for a tournament we're having in a couple weeks.

950259b.jpg

Wow, I got afraid. I was writing a long post about how F***ed-up is that game on GC, and realised you bought the Box version.

Going to sleep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Doctor_No

TheGreatDave said:

I bought this game too. . . can't believe someone else actually bought it :lol

I got it because I liked the concept, but I can't find any enjoyment out it. But I don't play the guitar, to me its entirely inaccessible. Wondering what your thoughts are. . .

January purchases...

SNES: Sunset Riders, Super Metroid, Top Gear 2, Fatal Fury 2, Super Bomberman (all used, cartridge only)
Genesis: Wonder Boy in Monster World, Vectorman 2 (both used, cart only)
Gamecube: Battalion Wars (new), Super Monkey Ball (used)
PC: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (new)
DS: a used original model DS, Lunar: Dragon Song, The Rub Rabbits, Metroid Prime: Hunters (used games), Touch Detective, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers (new games)
Playstation: Tempest X3 (used)

mix of everything :)

Lost PLanet Collectors Edition
B000LSF7Z4.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V49371863_.jpg

+
Phoenix Wright Justice For All
B000JLL3UQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36620494_.jpg

+
pre-order for Hotel Dusk
B000KRXA28.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V33749184_.jpg

+
Metal SLug Anthology
B000GQ1NK4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36967604_.jpg

+
Equilibrium Korean Region 3 dvd version
DVD4-g.jpg

+
Panamax M5100 ex Power Conditioner
m5100-ex.jpg

+
Pioneer 5070HD 50" Plasma
311066721PDP-5070HD_front_med.jpg

cvxfreak

DSC00974.JPG

Japanese Wii, Odoru Made in Wario, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Play w/ Wii Remote, Classic Controller w/ 5000 Wii Points

DSC00975.JPG

Limited Edition Silver PlayStation 2 slimline (NA), Japanese Metallic Blue PSP

DSC00976.JPG

Japanese Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Japanese Super Donkey Kong 3, Japanee Onimusha 2 Mega Hits, Japanese Star Fox Command, Japanese Dino Crisis (PSone), 2 x Japanese Dino Crisis 2, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl OST

DSC00977.JPG

Biohazard stuff: Biohazard II Apocalypse Blu-ray, GS2 PS2 The Best, BHCVC CapKore, PAL GC REmake, PAL GC RECVX, Biohazard 0 GC, Biohazard Double Feature GC, Biohazard Sound Chronicle, PAL PS RE Survivor, PAL PS2 RE4 Platinum

DSC00978.JPG

Claire Red Biohazard Dreamcast

I think I only bought Chibi-Robo, Pikmin 2, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, and just recently Bomberman Land Touch!. But I refuse to allow myself to NOT buy Hotel Dusk this month. I'm going to try and get that as soon as humanly possible.

Edit: Oh, I also think I'm receiving Back to Stone, Mazes of Fate, that there InuYasha DS game, Tamagotchi 2, and Etrian Odyssey. And next month, I think I should receive Izuna and Garfield's Nightmare.

ant1532

Banned
Damn, that Lost Planet case is real nice. Do they still sell the limited edition at stores or was it a pre order thing?

TeTr1C

Resident Evil 4 - PS2 Version
box.jpg

Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection
445101_front.jpg

561241_front.jpg

930014_72475_front.jpg

Lost Planet Collector's Edition
931114_73814_front.jpg

Splinter Cell: Double Agent for 360
926934_63604_front.jpg

It's been a Capcom new year so far!! :D

cvxfreak said:
a lot of Biohazard stuff

Wow, well done! You've actually inspired me to go on an RE-thon myself as I've always been a big fan, just never have had the money or time to collect all kinds of shit like that.

Anyway, just picked up Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

ps2_urban_chaos_riot_response.jpg

I've just picked Urban Chaos Riot Response, which is a really good game, no matter what it seems. I wanted to post a "LTTP" but looks like I can't create topics :/

Captain N

I'll post pictures soon..but..

PS3
Resistance Fall of Man
Extra PS3 controller
Lost Planet
Rainbow Six Vegas (360)
Pokemon Diamond
Bleach (Wii)
Pokemon (Wii)
Warioware Smooth Moves

Rimshot

Here are some pickups I've done.
Think i wrote about them before but I havn'tbeen able to take a pic before now.

Excuse the foodstain on the bed :p That's getting washed as we speak hehe.

My pickup consists of a Wii, Macbook, Intuos 3 A5, Zelda and Burning Crusade.
And for the comics part it is all 4 issues of Blood Legacy (TopCow universe),
backfilled the last 2 issues of High Roads (great comic) and first ep of the new transformers comic, to see if it's anywhere near generation 1 :)

pickup0011qx.jpg

TwIsTeD

only 19.99 at a gamestop near my house (stick is in great condition too!)

and since it is related to gaming:

having a consistent 5/2 connection has been great for all my games and downloads from xbox live and WoW (ps3 store is still kinda meh)

Top Bottom