• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Syckx

Emily Chu said:
I was a gamer actually since the good ole NES days.

it was a life changing realization, "you can't take it with you" none of it

and that having a lot of stuff just weighs you down, emotionally, mentally and psychically.

now if you gave me something nice say a new laptop or a watch I would just sell it on

ebay because I never needed it in the first place.

sold everything in the past two years.

all I have left is a backpack, a laptop, and a pair of shoes and the clothes on my back

after college.

it's liberating to say the least, I no longer fear fires.
Kudos for you, I guess. Personally, that doesn't work for me. You can't take it with you, but I will enjoy what I have earned in life. It's not any less valid to live that way. You choose to live your life that way, and don't really need to ask anybody if they really need the stuff they buy. You're already convinced they don't, so it just comes off as self-serving and arrogant.

Oh, and I don't fear fire either, because I have fucking home owner's insurance.

Emily Chu

Banned
CoachKevin said:
OK, but don't you need to different kinds of clothes for formal/informal occasions. Or what about weather?

I have less stuff these days too but it is because of things like netflix steaming and not having time to play games on multiple consoles.

I just rent clothes for those occasions and for weather I guess it's around 60F here year round.

I thought I miss it all but honestly I don't miss any of it at all.

Psi

Emily Chu said:
and that having a lot of stuff just weighs you down, emotionally, mentally and psychically.

It really doesn't as long as you don't have an unhealthy attachment to things. You can enjoy what you have while still accepting that it's all temporal. There's a lot of empty consumerism in these threads but that's kind of what they're about. You sound like you're the other end of the extreme.

Cheska

Emily Chu said:
I just rent clothes for those occasions and for weather I guess it's around 60F here year round.

I thought I miss it all but honestly I don't miss any of it at all.

Do you still game at all? It sounds like you dont own any consoles, so is it primarily steam games on your laptop?

Emily Chu

Banned
Cheska said:
Do you still game at all? It sounds like you dont own any consoles, so is it primarily steam games on your laptop?

I guess some casual games these days on steam. sold all of them after E3 2011.

I don't know everyone is being so hostile for :p

I'll probably pick up a X220 Thinkpad in the coming weeks to replace my existing T410.

Emily Chu said:
I was a gamer actually since the good ole NES days.
it was a life changing realization, "you can't take it with you" none of it
now if you gave me something nice say a new laptop or a watch I would just sell it on

ebay because I never needed it in the first place.
sold everything in the past two years.
all I have left is a backpack, a laptop, and a pair of shoes and the clothes on my back
after college. it's liberating to say the least, I no longer fear fires.

Go Away. Your "enlightenment" is annoying and worthless. The hostility is a result of your holier than thou shit-tastic post that automatically insults just about everybody in this thread.

Emily Chu said:
I guess some casual games these days on steam. sold all of them after E3 2011.

I don't know everyone is being so hostile for :p

I'll probably pick up a X220 Thinkpad in the coming weeks to replace my existing T410.
I wasn't be hostile, just asking. And you have great taste in laptops. I just picked up a thinkpad x120e (which convinced me to get an s205 instead as I wanted the bigger trackpad).

If anything it is different and I was just curious. To be honest I can't stand wearing the same clothes for more than 24 hours, especially if it's hot out or I lift that day.

Got my new PC but forgot to share the pictures I intended:

KmJeB.jpg

qv9fH.jpg

Now I just gotta get some games to play on it!

Two of Terry Dodson's new sketchbooks (Bombshells 5 & Reveries)

Both of them signed and he even did a quick headsketch in each to me! (Though he wrote my first name on both of them and not my usual name, no biggie.)

il9U9a.jpg

il9WHi.jpg

ijnXRk.jpg

Some recent pick ups.

Got a ghost as a surprise from my GF the other day, today i picked up Jorge and Emile Mcfarlane figures and a Maverick Nerf gun(which i modded to fire stronger) and i got the Human Dalek Sec awhile ago and forgot to post it.

zlDIV.jpg

zD04w.jpg

A3Pit.jpg

gOHkT.jpg

Figure collections are coming on pretty well.
Almost finished the doctor who figures i wanted, halo is getting there and the misc collection currently numbers at 8.

Nerf guns are fantastic why have i waited till im 21 to buy one. i can shoot everything.

vitacola

CoachKevin said:
I just picked up a thinkpad x120e
Damn. You lucky man.
Lenovo thinks we Europeans don't deserve the X120e, because "it won't sell" and "nobody wants it". Altough there are blogs and forums full of "I want the X120e so baaaad!" ...
Have fun with the little sweet piece of hardware :(

vitacola said:
Damn. You lucky man.
Lenovo thinks we Europeans don't deserve the X120e, because "it won't sell" and "nobody wants it". Altough there are blogs and forums full of "I want the X120e so baaaad!" ...
Have fun with the little sweet piece of hardware :(
It's a really nice laptop. Surprisingly powerful. Just ordered an Ideapad s205 last night because they were on sale for $370 on lenovo's site. It's basically the x120e without the track knob, bigger track pad, glossy screen, and thinner.

Top Bottom