• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF "Let's Watch Anime" OT#3: Now Watching: Sunday Without God (9/1-9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 6
OK, that ending certainly came out of nowhere.

Agreed that the connection between Ai and Ulla wasn't well developed. I also think that for this arc, this wasn't an interesting direction to go in. There don't appear to be any problems in Ortus, and thus we don't explore any problems; and the fact that there are no problems isn't explored that much either. Shouldn't Ai be questioning the point of gravekeepers?

John Blade

Good, appealing to a large demographic and legally accessible (worldwide) seems to be the way to go around here.

Personally I'm looking for some super comfy and relaxing show though, think Non Non Biyori.

Based on show I have watch, I would recommend you to try out And Yet The Town Moves and it's on Hulu.

dluu13

Good, appealing to a large demographic and legally accessible (worldwide) seems to be the way to go around here.

Personally I'm looking for some super comfy and relaxing show though, think Non Non Biyori.

I like super comfy and relaxing shows too. Kamichu was relaxing. I saw Soremachi thrown around a couple of times. That was an easy to watch show.

Cornbread78

Ok, I love the way they use music in this series both the scene with Ulla and her sister (damn, I was not expecting anything like that, it was pretty good) we still don't have a bead on the central plot, but this arc proved more of Ai's resolve to figure out the world and how it all works. Good episode.

Episode 6

I think this show is supposed to be edgy, anime Scooby-Doo where the gang just drives around in their Mystery Mobile VW van and solves mysteries.

MTQxgeH.png

Ulla did nothing wrong

Oh, a Childhood friend won this time, yay!

Based on show I have watch, I would recommend you to try out And Yet The Town Moves and it's on Hulu.

I like super comfy and relaxing shows too. Kamichu was relaxing. I saw Soremachi thrown around a couple of times. That was an easy to watch show.

Barakamon. That show us great..

Will check this out once I have the chance, thanks!

Episode 07

I never asked for this....

--------------------------

3zBI2VR.png

For some reason I like this image

--------------------------

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention but is there any reason why those kids actually have special powers? Doesn't really fit with the setting.

btw, I don't know what to think of these seemingly random arcs, while I liked ep 4-6 I think the producers probably just thought of a start and an ending and then threw some filler in there to make this thirteen episodes.

Cornbread78

Magic powers aside, Alis appears to be the same kid from Ortus, but he was dead so he can't be. But he has been following her since and they meet up with a ghost/witch.. Now I'm interested in all this destiny talk and where this arc is going.

Wait, who is Alis' s VA, I recognize that voice... so good. (Huh, looked it up, it's Yuu from Charlotte, lol) Also, the ghost chicks VA is also the VA for Yui from Angel Beats.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
episode 5
I totally forgot that the children of men scenario also applies to this world.
episode 6
So we found and told the truth and that solved the problem? Well at least Ai's S-link in with the death queen covenant has ranked up. And the gang has found... the baby. Mission complete! Now leave and never come back.

Russ T

Banned
(I fell behind by a day, so I'll just drop two ep impressions in here.)

Episode 6

I don't understand how Ai and Ulla got to be such good buddies after meeting once. ?????

Everything else I'll accept, although I will say that Ai seems basically completely pointless in this world. She claims she wants to "save the world", and yet all she's done since leaving her village is learn that the world can get along fine without her. Makes perfect sense, right?

Scar's new baby is weird.

Anyway, I really feel like Ai is bringing this show down a lot. Like, the city of Ortus has a lot of interesting stuff going on, conceptually. But because we're so dead-focused on this 12 year old girl, we don't get to see any of it. Just a bunch of people walking around in masks. Which, unless I missed it, isn't ever really explained (although I can surmise that maybe they wear masks because some of the deceased have horrible disfigurations on their faces that can never heal? so it's a common courtesy?).

Basically because of Ai, the story of Ortus never gets a real chance to develop, and all we see is this rapid friendship development and then Ai leaves. OKAY!

Episode 7

And thus begins a new short story.

Yay loli bath scene. |:

Cornbread78

(I fell behind by a day, so I'll just drop two ep impressions in here.)

Episode 6

I don't understand how Ai and Ulla got to be such good buddies after meeting once. ?????

Everything else I'll accept, although I will say that Ai seems basically completely pointless in this world. She claims she wants to "save the world", and yet all she's done since leaving her village is learn that the world can get along fine without her. Makes perfect sense, right?

Scar's new baby is weird.

Anyway, I really feel like Ai is bringing this show down a lot. Like, the city of Ortus has a lot of interesting stuff going on, conceptually. But because we're so dead-focused on this 12 year old girl, we don't get to see any of it. Just a bunch of people walking around in masks. Which, unless I missed it, isn't ever really explained (although I can surmise that maybe they wear masks because some of the deceased have horrible disfigurations on their faces that can never heal? so it's a common courtesy?).

Basically because of Ai, the story of Ortus never gets a real chance to develop, and all we see is this rapid friendship development and then Ai leaves. OKAY!

Episode 7

And thus begins a new short story.

Yay loli bath scene. |:

There was a festival going on in Ortus from what the inn keeper said, which is why Ai wanted to run out and check everything out.

Thankfully, that "bath" scene was nit there to pander to the otaku crowd since it was clean.

Cornbread78

I think having a scene like that in the first place is already there to pander to otaku lol.

Also the part where the dudes dug a tunnel or something and looked at the girls.

Usually, a towel will fall off or he would fall on one of them, so I'll take it as a very minor offense on this case, lol.

JulianImp

Watched eps 4 and 5 earlier today, and I agree that it's odd that they didn't want to get inside Orthos at first, but then they were kind of okay with it anyway.

It was kind of ridiculous that Ai and Julie were able to run around the town so easily since the whole city was supposedly under lockdown. I would've expected them to be spotted by the authorities and chased, even though I'm kind of happy that didn't happen because I it probably wouldn't fit the show's general tone all that much.

The concept of a city where the dead can actually "live" in peace and without going mad kind of undermines the whole premise of the show, but then there's the moral dilemma of whether it's right for them to take in living people by killing them or not. Given the previous arc being a 3-parter, I guess this one will wrap Orthos and the princess' story next episode as well.

The visuals are still great, but the story isn't all that interesting so far. The characters randomly deciding to stick together is quite weird, even if Ai going with Julie kind of makes sense after she was left with nobody else who could take care of her. The comedy moments also tend to feel really out of place and don't add anything to the story, which often makes me wish the writers could've managed to find some other way to add a breather between dramatic and/or tense scenes than just recurring to some random humor.

While I've said it in the anime OT, I'd also vote for Samurai Flamenco after having randomly gotten to watch EP1 on crunchy.

Russ T

Banned
There was a festival going on in Ortus from what the inn keeper said, which is why Ai wanted to run out and check everything out.

That's true, but everyone seemed really panicky about Ai accidentally removing her mask, like "don't do it stop no stooooooooooop". It felt like there was more to it than that, so, even if there wasn't meant to be, it was handled oddly, imo.

Thankfully, that "bath" scene was nit there to pander to the otaku crowd since it was clean.

Haha, I guess. I feel like any time there's a bath scene that could have been done anywhere else, it's pandering. None of that conversation needed to happen in the bath, besides maybe the gag with the water-breathing girl, which could have been handled at another time, with a different, better gag? I dunno.

There was also the "hug" the episode prior between Ai and Ulla where they had to be naked and grasping each other's hands as they looked deeply into each other's eyes in the fantasy-vision version of it. I'm not very forgiving of this kind of thing in anime, despite having acclimated to it over a decade ago.

Magic powers aside, Alis appears to be the same kid from Ortus, but he was dead so he can't be. But he has been following her since and they meet up with a ghost/witch.. Now I'm interested in all this destiny talk and where this arc is going.

Wait, who is Alis' s VA, I recognize that voice... so good. (Huh, looked it up, it's Yuu from Charlotte, lol) Also, the ghost chicks VA is also the VA for Yui from Angel Beats.

Alis was never actually inside Ortus. He was just watching from afar (probably using the ghost). In fact, he was only in the episode at the very very end. Are you confusing him with the mask guy who only existed for the purpose of exposition? (God that guy was dumb.) They do have similarly colored and spiky anime style hair, but they're not the same person.

Episode 7
This was a dumb episode, both due to the aforementioned bath scene and the too-long part where they think the boys are peeping, and due to the reason why the school exists in the first place. It's just to get more government money, really? Plus, the students have powers (for some reason) but they really can't escape such lackluster security (there was a big explosion in the bath and no one noticed) on their own? Though the show is saying that the new guy and the ghost are important, I don't get that sense at all from the way they were introduced.

Russ T

Banned
Episode 7
This was a dumb episode, both due to the aforementioned bath scene and the too-long part where they think the boys are peeping, and due to the reason why the school exists in the first place. It's just to get more government money, really? Plus, the students have powers (for some reason) but they really can't escape such lackluster security (there was a big explosion in the bath and no one noticed) on their own? Though the show is saying that the new guy and the ghost are important, I don't get that sense at all from the way they were introduced.

Oh god the government money thing was so dumb I just blocked it all out of my memory apparently. Yeah that made no sense. What government? What the hell are you talking about, you weird anime?

I feel like this series has a lot of potential in terms of world-building, like as dumb as it is, maybe they could come up with a compelling explanation, but instead they just keep focusing on the characters, as if the story only exists for their sake. Which, well, I guess it does.

Cornbread78

Ok, time for a final vote so I can make sure we will have enough followers for the next "Let's Watch"

We've narrowed it down to two choices bashed on interest. (we will do 1 after the other) This will be a 3 week session to watch the full anime, so now is your time to vote since the thread will go up on Monday 9/14 and viewing will start on 9/15.

Here are the contenders:

Blast of Tempest:
tumblr_mmrj0u8Ywe1qbvovho1_500.gif
tumblr_ngt73k2MhQ1rydwbvo1_500.gif

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

Synopsis:
One day, a sorceress princess was stuffed into a barrel and banished.
One day, a single girl was suddenly murdered, and the culprit still runs free.
And one day, a battle spanning time and space over magic and revenge began!
Sanity and madness, sense and intelligence, self-confidence and convictions.
The tragic tale of this irrational world starts now.

The Kusaribe family is a family of sorcerers under the protection of the "Tree of Origins". Their princess, Hakaze Kusaribe, was the greatest sorceress of their family. But Samon Kusaribe, a member of their family seeking to resurrect the "Tree of World's End", a tree that opposes the "Tree of Origins" and controls the power of destruction, stuffs her into a barrel, and banishes her to a deserted island. From the deserted island, she sends a message out to sea, which is picked up by Mahiro Fuwa, a young boy who's sworn vengeance upon the criminal who killed his little sister, Aika. Mahiro agrees to help Hakaze under the condition that she find Aika's killer with her magic. But once Mahiro's best friend and Aika's lover, Yoshino Takigawa is rescued from danger, he too gets dragged into this tale of revenge.

Samurai Flamenco:
tumblr_mvk64dSOle1rds523o3_250.gif
200.gif

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19365/Samurai_Flamenco

Synopsis
Masayoshi Hazama: a man who has become a superhero "by himself" with no superhuman powers or any sort of high-tech conversions, NONE!!

Hidenori Goto: a cop who found out the true identity of "the superhero" by a strange twist of fate and thus constantly gets in trouble thanks to Hazama, the superhero.

This is the story of the birth of a true hero featuring these two young men with a touch of comedy and serious drama, while they come face to face with hardships as they search for the true meaning of becoming a hero of justice in this world!

The reviews heavily lean towards Blast of Tempest, but from those same reviews, Samurai Flemenco is a very "Love it of Hate it" series. I also have a question for those that have seen SF, is there a large BL/Yuri component to it, because there are some pretty crazy pictures online, but no gifs.... We will go with majority rules from here, ToonamiGAF and from the current watch thread. Just want as many followers as possible to keep this going, so if you haven't watched the one that wins yet, join the hell in will ya, lol!

Again, we will probably just run these to back to back, but I want to get the one out there more people want first, then the second one right after.

Russ T

Banned
I also have a question for those that have seen SF, is there a large BL/Yuri component to it, because there are some pretty crazy pictures online, but no gifs...

It's been a while, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. (Spoiler marking just in case this matters to people who haven't seen it. It is not a big spoiler at all, imo.)
There's very little, if any, explicit romance going on. There is definitely a decent amount of bromance, though.

Anyway I'm voting for Blast of Tempest because I've never heard of it and I've already seen Samurai Flamenco! I probably wouldn't watch it again any time soon. But I would read the thread because, yeah, it's a great series. I love it. X:

JulianImp

Episode 6
I agree that Orthos had lots of things going on, so it was sad to see the show simply chose to focus on Ulla and Ai's similarities and ignored nearly everything else that was going on in the city.

After heeding the call of The Baby's Cry, Samus Scar managed to enter the innermost parts of the castle to find the baby she was looking for... for some reason. Yay'

Episode 7
Okay, Ai gets abducted by some MIB and forced to enroll at a school, but still finds the way to delude herself into thinking things were still alright. Her overly gullible and positive-thinking personality is really at odds with the harshness that she's experiencing, and it's a bit vexing that she keeps deluding herself that everything's okay. The moment where she nearly broke as she was forced to accept the truth about what was actually happening in her village was really strong... but then she kind of nonchalantly accepted it and went on with her life, which made absolutely no sense for a twelve year old girl who tried her best to look away from the fact that everyone around her was already dead.

Then there's the weird school that somehow takes students in as prisoners in order to... reap the benefits of government funding? Okay... This arc looks like it could be one of the weaker ones so far.

From what I've seen so far, I feel like the show has an interesting setting that poses some decent moral questions, but then fails to use it to its full potential by abandoning things way too quickly with its three episode arcs, completely missing interesting moral dilemmas that Ai is confronted with by merely having her accept whatever after being shocked for a whole two minutes at most.

Cornbread78

Ok, I actually liked the conclusion to that arc and how it played out. As annoying as Ai's voice is her character is still full of hope and is uplifting is a weird kink of way, which is the same sediment that girl felt by saying Ai is way out of her league of sorts. The whole baby abandonment thing at the end was kind of sudden though, WTF....

Also, still love the ED.

Episode 8
Well that was a dumb arc. There was zero menace to the school, and I find it amusing how they mention all these guards yet we never see any, and the one person to come out and confront them is the one teacher we've seen. And what the hell, she would try to kill them rather than let them leave, when the entire goal is getting money for each kid? And she is apparently immediately able to recognize the red haired guy's ability, meaning she knew about it, but tried to stop them anyway? This episode also featured dumb philosophy lessons from the red haired guy and what sounds like a very angsty quest for him. Ghost girl is also surprisingly irrelevant, considering the focus she receives in the opening. As for the blind girl, I can kind of buy that she would want to leave her house, but willingly going to a prison school instead of any of the other schools that apparently exist is rather contrived.

The next episode does look interesting, though.

Walpurgis

Banned
I recommend Kaiji at some point. It's 26 episodes and the show is incredibly ugly but it's really great.

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Kaiji Itou is a good-for-nothing loiterer who spends his days drinking beer and stealing hubcaps—that is, until he ends up being tricked by his former co-worker. Unable to suddenly repay his friend's huge debt all by himself, Kaiji is offered a shady deal to participate in an illegal underground gamble on a cruise ship. This turns out to be nothing more than the beginning of his new life of hell—thrown headlong into a life-threatening roller coaster of mind games, cheating, and deceit.

Based on the first entry of the famous gambling manga series by Nobuyuki Fukumoto, Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor follows our unlucky protagonist as he is forced to fight not only other people, but also the mysteries of their psyches. Kaiji finds out the hard way that the worst sides of human nature surface when people's backs are against the wall, and that the most fearsome dangers of all are greed, paranoia, and the human survival instinct itself.
The gambling is really well done and the tricks to the games are super clever. I found it to be quite similar to the mind games that Light and L used to play in Death Note.

Other good shows to add to the list:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (11 episodes)
Kokoro Connect (16 episodes)

I found this in my plan to watch list. It looks good to me.
Emma: A Victorian Romance (Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma) (12 episodes with 12 episode sequel)

I will join you guys with Sunday Without God sometime this week. As for the next series, I have already seen Blast of Tempest so my vote goes toward Samurai Flamenco which I had planned to watch at some point anyway.

JulianImp

I'd rather not see Kaiji in here, because while I liked how it used games theory in interesting ways, I got really tired of seeing the same game for eleven episodes, only to see the guy get into a second gambling tournament with similar rules. I mean, I almost feel bad about liking the D'Arby fight in Jojo and even the freaking games in No Game No Life over Kaiji's games, but I never managed to get all that much into it (and the character designs didn't help, either).

As for your other recommendations, I checked CR and neither Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 nor Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma are available there, and they don't happen to have Kokoro Connect's three OVA episodes. I've already watched the latter, but I guess I'd like to see it again while introducing more people to it.

Cornbread78

The challenge is always going to be finding appropriate and available streaming options Funimation, Crunchyroll and Daisuki are the only international ones, unless the series has been uploaded to YouTube by one of them (usually only Funi), but even then, it's usually only the first season they upload.

As long as we have viewers we should be good with Samurai Flamenco then Blast of Tempest as our next two. That is 6 weeks worth right there, lol.

With the episode limit being upped to 26 episodes we should be good for a while, shouldn't be too hard to find at least a few more good shows.

Do keep in mind that viewers would rather watch a good show that has a limited availability then a mediocre show that can be watched worldwide, maybe I'm projecting a bit though lol.

Anyhow, I think we can just deal with the problem when the time comes, no need to worry right now.

The challenge is always going to be finding appropriate and available streaming options Funimation, Crunchyroll and Daisuki are the only international ones, unless the series has been uploaded to YouTube by one of them (usually only Funi), but even then, it's usually only the first season they upload.

As long as we have viewers we should be good with Samurai Flamenco then Blast of Tempest as our next two. That is 6 weeks worth right there, lol.

Funimation isn't international. And they region block the stuff they upload to YouTube as well.

JulianImp

Episode 8
Meh arc was meh. I never got to care about the kids, the school setting failed to show anything but Class Q and their teacher, and the way she tried to kill them when they tried to leave was downright stupid since it conflicted with the school's goal of keeping students in there for the government money.

The red-haired kid's talk on ancient philosophy with the whole explanation about Plato's theory of form also felt like the show was trying too hard to be deep, since it didn't manage to do much besides confusing Ai (as per usual).

...And now it seems like the host of school children on the run have momentarily joined Ai's party but Scar has decided to leave The Baby behind in the span of a single day after being all over her for some reason? Ooookay.

By the way, what episode are we supposed to be on today, 9?

Russ T

Banned
Episode 8

Oh, this arc was even shorter and made even less sense than Ortus! I never thought I'd say the first arc is the most coherent thing in an anime series. But it is, despite it also being Not Good.

So we have no idea who that teacher is or why she kidnapped kids with magical powers. Sure, we got the explanation "for the money!", but what a fuckin' copout.

I also don't give a shit about any of those kids (including Ai, still!).

The most interesting thing is coming back to a missing Scar who abandoned "her" baby. And even that's really only interesting because I have a modicum of interest in learning why, you dumb show, tell me why ANYTHING is happening ever. Maybe this time will be the one time you provide a valid reason for someone doing something.

Okay then. Okay. *deep breath* Okay.

Cornbread78

Episode 8
By the way, what episode are we supposed to be on today, 9?

Yes, we are on Episode 9 today.

Episode 8
The most interesting thing is coming back to a missing Scar who abandoned "her" baby. And even that's really only interesting because I have a modicum of interest in learning why, you dumb show, tell me why ANYTHING is happening ever. Maybe this time will be the one time you provide a valid reason for someone doing something.

Okay then. Okay. *deep breath* Okay.

LOL, I can;t say I disagree with your frustration at this point. There is a whole lot of, "oh, by the way" and nothing else to follow....

At least the ED is great and the colors are beautiful!

Three episodes to go.

Yomidi

Episode 8

What was even the point of this arc? Other than to meet redhair guy and ghost girl, which I assume will be more important later in the series.
But yeah, this was the weakest arc so far, and it's not like the other arc have been that better.
We have no information about why this school exist(except "FOR THE MONEY!) or how the kids got the super powers. And that has got to be the easiest escape from a place ever, I mean, there was no security other than the one teacher who tried to kill them(which is dumb as hell) and then immediately backed off.
So yeah, weeeeeeeeeak.

JulianImp

Episode 9
Scar just couldn't resist The Baby's Cry.

Seriously, what's this show even trying to accomplish? Characters keep changing their minds in the span of a couple minutes for no apparent reason (other than how Ai is love), and plot threads are picked up, hastily developed and finally resolved by going on a tangent and avoiding most of the things I'd actually find interesting...
  • Ai begins travelling with Humpty, who kills everybody in her village, and gets in between a feud between him and Julie? Whatever, they let their differences aside and Humpty makes a wish that gets him killed, so Julie takes care of Ai in his stead. Oh, and Scar joins them for some reason.
  • Orthos is a city that poses the question of whether the dead can actually live peaceful and happy lives? That doesn't matter, because we need to see how Ai and that goddess of death find out that they are so much alike and become pen pals, all while Scar manages to awaken the cryogenically frozen princess' elder sister and adopts her.
  • Ai gets forced into a school that captures kids with special abilities to get government funding? She and her newfound friends manage to easily escape after some generic dramatic tension about whether a girl would escape with them or not, and with some cheap philosophy lessons on the side.
  • The party searches for Scar? They find her after random inconsequential things happen, and then she changes her mind and goes back to them after arguing with Julie for a minute or two.

Episode 8

I didn't care about this

This arc

I didn't care about this

This show

I don't care about it.

-----------------------

I mean, it's just boring, I don't really get what's going on and why they're doing things. I'm just not invested in the events of this show.

---------------------

Just got to that gunfight at the end

hqdefault.jpg

---------------------

Wonder what all those kids are going to do now they're members of the Ai's party
ah who am I kidding, I don't care about that.

Yomidi

Honestly, couldn't agree more. This show is a mess.

Episode 9

Basically, the episode was

-The scooby gang looks for Scar
-The scooby gang finds Scar
-Scar " I don't want to come, this is my place!"
- Yuri "But I'm going to protect you!"
-Scar "Oh ok"

The only interesting was probably the way the gravekeepers are born. Honestly, I just don't care about this anymore.

Episode 9

Anyone else here thinks Dmitriyevich Yuri is the best character in this? he's pretty dope, which is all I can say about him.

Also love his voice. That VA isn't in a lot of shows but when he appears I recognize him.

------------------------------------------------

I think they made a cake or something.

----------------------------------------------

Why does LoliGhost actually bother to sit in a seat, isn't she a ghost??

JulianImp

- Yuri "But I'm going to protect you!"
-Scar "Oh ok"

We all know Scar wants a piece of Julius Belmont.

There aren't many shows where I can call the show itself a dojikko, but I think this is one of them. It doesn't know what it wants to do and keeps messing up on the delivery of everything, ranging from comedy to drama to romance.

Cornbread78

Well, I'll have to say this episode was interesting from the cake to getting Scar, and the closing. The show still has no coherent plot to it with only 3 episodes left. I mean, if you just take the small bit's of story and run with it, you could create your own lore and world, but from what we get, there's not much to go on. Still love that ED, lol.

Episode 9
Well that was a whole lot of nothing. The birthday scene would have been funnier if the red-haired kid came off as nearly as cool before that as the show seems to think he is. It was nice seeing how gravekeepers are born, and that there are multiples with the same appearance, but they didn't actually do anything with that. And Scar went off on her own just because, apparently.

Cornbread78

We all know Scar wants a piece of Julius Belmont.

There aren't many shows where I can call the show itself a dojikko, but I think this is one of them. It doesn't know what it wants to do and keeps messing up on the delivery of everything, ranging from comedy to drama to romance.

So, the question remains, can all gravekeepers have babies or just the unique ones like Ai's mom, Hanna and possibly Ai? Could Yuu, I mean, Alis and Ai "save the world" by starting a new society with their babies? Maybe even Jules and Scar could make babies as well? Just pondering out loud here since the story hasn't told us what the plot is.

Episode 10

The part before the OP is kinda offfensive edgy

------------------------

Why does this show cling so much to a high school setting? It's like it's they're actively trying to force every anime trope in the moderately interesting setting they started out with.

------------------------

What's the source of all these magical events that happen in this show? No logical explanation is given.`

-----------------------

I like how he just suddenly "realized" that he was in a time loop but never gives an explanation how he actually realized it.

Yomidi

Episode 10

Ai is ready to save the world by..............going to school and joining clubs. Oh, and let me guess: we're not going to have an explanation for how did the time loop happen.
I have to say that Scar and Julie are pretty cute together, they are basically the only thing left that I'm interested in this show

Russ T

Banned
Episode 9

hahahahaha gravekeepers are just crystals hit by lightning bolts also a bunch of them are identical but not ai's mom because she was SPECIAL oh yes it is so super duper significant that we learned there are thousands-strong armies of identical gravekeepers out there

...but those armies can't clear out ortus now matter how hard they try OF COURSE

*vomits*

At least Julie and Scar appear to be happy, since they're the only two good characters in the entire show. (e: well, Julie, anyway)

Episode 10

So, wait, you're telling me that all of Alis' philosophical ponderings about destroying worlds and how everyone has two worlds and blah blah blah... was about a little pocket dimension, and not actually anything deep at all?

Color me surprised! HEH. HEH.

Why couldn't he just say "hey my friends are trapped in this time loop, pls help". Why all this mystery. Why anything. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom