• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

suikodan

BC22C037-1267-4A21-BADF-7D8263A57721_zpsahlwvvdl.jpg

DS2 = Wanted the BAE but FutureShop messed up my online "in-store reservation" by picking up Titanfall for pickup... that DS2 was the only copy left. GJ FS...

FFX = Had it reserved since the last E3 FS sale. I thought they were supposed to upgrade it to the LE but got the normal instead. No biggie here. As for the Vita, the physical (+ FFX2 digital) was 44$ + tax and I picked it up on PSN for 40$ no tax and had 10$ in the PSN wallet. Cross-save is fabulous.

Infamous: SS: Been an Infamous fan since day one. Had it reserved as well since the last E3 FS sale so it was 40$ instead of 70$. FFX and DS2 are in my way of playing this game.

Diablo 3 RoS: Bought two copies since I play with the wife. The CE will sit next to my Diablo 2 and 3's CE.

MGS5 GZ: Impulse buy. Bought it since I had a 20$ BBZR coupon. Can't associate Kiefer to BigBoss yet...

Hopefully March Madness is OVER!

naib

New ecigg-vapor thingy.. I'm trying...
Variable voltage and wattage.
Hits like a champ.
ZZ0ZOiy.jpg

Titanfall and Infamous:SS.
Infamous runs way better than it should using Vita remote play.
LwkvqVq.jpg

And the BIG pickup.

New Benq 27" 120Hz panel.
Cloudbuilt just happens to showcase it pretty damn well.

All my shooty bang games have new life. Quake hasn't been this fun since my Trinitron.
Playing QL and CS:GO mostly.
v80G0CI.jpg
not a single dead/stuck pixel. I have bad luck with that shit.

Good month for me. ;)

VSigma

Banned
I got quite a bit of stuff this month...
Got some vinyl... Slayer, Tycho, Newsted, etc:
LpQzYIK.jpg

Some reading material:
mBtyLSg.jpg

Batman DVDs, NES games and other stuff:
IY0JtTH.jpg

PS, PS2, and PS3 games:
VB3rQTF.jpg

3DS and Wii get some love:
OMeMRpf.jpg

And finally 360:
tV3GkEP.jpg

Also yes, I'm kicking myself over those Game Stop purchases that don't have the actual cover art... I am ashamed in myself just as much as any collector would be.

846293956.jpg

The haul for March:

Kid Icarus Uprising (used)
Dark Souls 2
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
FFX/X-2 HD Remaster.

Way more games than I wanted or was expecting this month. On planned on getting FFX HD but random gamestop gift cards are always welcome. The current blacklog is about to snap my freaking shelf (not really)

MilkLizard

Not pictured is South Park. I bought the US version on PSN because I wanted it uncut. Also got FEZ with the nice PS+ discount, but haven't tried it yet.

And finally, after a brief flirt with Android, I went back to iOS.

Jailbroken and ready to go. Android is great, but in the end, I simply prefer iOS. Also, the 5c is really nice. I love the design.

The_Afroman

Oh March. You have been a retro dream for me..

Finally picked up something i have been wanting since I was a little kid. Something i only knew about through a random gaming magazine. A Sharp Twin Famicom

Decided to go all out and pick up a NESRGB for it and an Everdrive N8

zMymrSm.jpg

Also was able to pick up a Super Famicom modded with Component Out.
9IQkxhd.jpg

other random goodies including this awesome shirt for my kiddo and disney store exclusive iphone case
UxIQOlq.jpg
1NL5GU3.jpg
Xq2zPjq.jpg
T6JBKyh.jpg
cW5lZ71.jpg
xhtoo85.jpg

Coda

Finally picked up something i have been wanting since I was a little kid. Something i only knew about through a random gaming magazine. A Sharp Twin Famicom

Damn dude, I had no idea that existed. So fresh.

Mithos

I'd love some impressions

Well despite the facts of having performance issues in cut scenes (noticed this in the very first cut scene in the game even), long loading times...

I really like games with this type of gameplay, hiding for minutes, or even way longer to learn enemies routes, so that I can take them down silently. However I'm not a fan of the plane-hub thingy, makes the game feel more like a single mission hit and run deal, or like "vr missions".

When it comes to the execute thing/automatization, its nice/cool i guess, and I love flying around the area using the GamePad and Tri-Rotor (flying drone), the sticky cameras are kinda annoying though, because they always face you after throwing them out, so to look the other way you literally have to turn 180 to see "behind" you.

Something cool that's still here from the Gamecube/GBA connectivity days are the optics to view under the door into another room, its neat. However the thing I miss from the Gamecube/GBA connectivity are "maps" being show on the GamePad like they were on the GBA, there are no maps at all in this game.

I'll post some more later since I got some Vita/3DS games as well this month. These are my favorite things this month though.

Xbox One Racing License Plate. Not actually going to put it on my car, just in my home office.
h9hDMsr.jpg

Xbox One Racing T-shirt. Taken at a weird angle to try and get everything on the shirt in camera view. Shirt is also a little wrinkled since I had just gotten it.
boXpqaq.jpg

Rayman Legends :D
uqxdyeP.jpg

Pax East Badge finally came in the mail. Shame I was only able to get a Friday pass this year.
IK9eBoY.jpg

MYE

Well despite the facts of having performance issues in cut scenes (noticed this in the very first cut scene in the game even), long loading times...

I really like games with this type of gameplay, hiding for minutes, or even way longer to learn enemies routes, so that I can take them down silently. However I'm not a fan of the plane-hub thingy, makes the game feel more like a single mission hit and run deal, or like "vr missions".

When it comes to the execute thing/automatization, its nice/cool i guess, and I love flying around the area using the GamePad and Tri-Rotor (flying drone), the sticky cameras are kinda annoying though, because they always face you after throwing them out, so to look the other way you literally have to turn 180 to see "behind" you.

Something cool that's still here from the Gamecube/GBA connectivity days are the optics to view under the door into another room, its neat. However the thing I miss from the Gamecube/GBA connectivity are "maps" being show on the GamePad like they were on the GBA, there are no maps at all in this game.

Hmm, thanks for the impressions. Ended up ordering Black Flag instead but maybe I'll give this one a try later on.

Decided to go all out and pick up a NESRGB for it and an Everdrive N8

zMymrSm.jpg

Also was able to pick up a Super Famicom modded with Component Out.
9IQkxhd.jpg

other random goodies including this awesome shirt for my kiddo and disney store exclusive iphone case
UxIQOlq.jpg
1NL5GU3.jpg
Xq2zPjq.jpg
T6JBKyh.jpg
cW5lZ71.jpg
xhtoo85.jpg

You're kid won the ovarian lottery...where the hell were parents like you when I was born? (Love you mom)

Drain You

Tried finding more info about this item but decided to take a chance and grab it while I could anyways. Seems to be a Gamecube given to some ATI employees or something who worked on the Gamecube GPU. Info on it is very scarce. Either way I think it is pretty rad.

12IIkEz.jpg

Sorry for the shitty lighting, this rent house bullshit sucks(cant wait til we get our new place built)

also my wife's camera that i've stayed away from for most of the time so dont really know the settings that well

This box of comics came in today

Everything here except the Sentinels box is new

the Dog is old but the game is new. Goes perfect with my D3 CE and my "every blizzard CE ever made" thats currently in storage

Really enjoy this game

3 of my favorite series of all time

gonna not post this one in case of NWS because Satellite Sam's cover is pretty racy

http://imgur.com/7sBffWg

i also picked up infamous digitally, FFX HD for vita, and probably some other shit im forgetting

also have some more comics somewhere that I've misplaced

and I got my Nintendo Club zelda posters, as well as the signed giantbomb nighthawks poster

JLynn

New issues of RETRO, Neo UK, Retro Gamer, and Otaku USA magazines with a 32GB Micro SD card.

5XHb8NYl.jpg

From the UK, Bluray sets of Ninja Scroll (Dat steelbook!), High School of the Dead complete, and Madoka Magica complete.

RYvBsdfl.jpg

mrpookles

Last pick-ups for March. Shitty phone pics, etc.

Set for games for a while.

4swKFfk.jpg

New 27" Asus monitor. It's only 1080p, but that's fine for me. It just looks great. Also white Swan M10 speakers. Plugged them in last night to play around a bit, but need to get around to cleaning up the wiring on the weekend.

4YdDsvs.jpg

A new case - Corsair 600T White Edition. Pulling apart the current PC and installing everything into this will be a weekend project at some point. Need to find a bit of time.

giBecfZ.jpg

I'll probably post the new setup in the setup thread once it's all put together.

Eiolon

Tried finding more info about this item but decided to take a chance and grab it while I could anyways. Seems to be a Gamecube given to some ATI employees or something who worked on the Gamecube GPU. Info on it is very scarce. Either way I think it is pretty rad.

12IIkEz.jpg

Check in Assembler Games forums or post it and see. Lot's of people there with rare and obscure stuff gaming systems.

EDIT: beaten by sixteen-bit

wongja

Neo Member
ffCDzt9.jpg

got this finally , buying list is kind of boring in April , Only FF14:ARR on PS4 and Amazing Spiderman 2 the video game.

system11

2903_air_assault.jpg

Picked up on Saturday, this is a very special game. It's Air Assault, the non-Japanese release of Fire Barrel by Irem. The thing that makes it so special is that it's a location test board, the game never saw a proper release as Irem left the arcade business. The only known instance was at the London Trocadero arcade, and since it resurfaced in another London location I was able to track down the legal owner and purchase it.

I've supplied the ROM dumps to the MAME guys, it'll be in a future version.

SOME-MIST

2903_air_assault.jpg

Picked up on Saturday, this is a very special game. It's Air Assault, the non-Japanese release of Fire Barrel by Irem. The thing that makes it so special is that it's a location test board, the game never saw a proper release as Irem left the arcade business. The only known instance was at the London Trocadero arcade, and since it resurfaced in another London location I was able to track down the legal owner and purchase it.

I've supplied the ROM dumps to the MAME guys, it'll be in a future version.
awesome man! your new purchases and collection never cease to amaze me.

Top Bottom