• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Tiduz said:
cloudstrife.jpg

Awesome Cloud figure, I have one too but your's looks different, somehow.

here is what I picked up:

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

fernoca

No pics, but...I got my second Wii during April (sold the first one on January because my parents needed some extra money)...

Also..
April
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

And so far...
May
-Classic Controller (Wii)
-Nunchuck (Wii)
-Wii Remote (Wii)
-S-Video Cables (Wii)
-Super Paper Mario (Wii)
-RedSteel (Wii)
-Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii)
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii)
-Nintendo DS lite (White)
-Pokémon: Diamond Version (NDS)
-Final Fantasy III (NDS)

Also got two 2000 Wii Points cards, so I got:
-Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN)
-Beyond Oasis (GEN)
-Street Fighter II (SNES)
-The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)
-Super Ghouls-N-Ghosts (SNES)

fernoca said:
No pics, but...I got my second Wii during April (sold the first one on January because my parents needed some extra money)...

Also..
April
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

And so far...
May
-Classic Controller (Wii)
-Nunchuck (Wii)
-Wii Remote (Wii)
-S-Video Cables (Wii)
-Super Paper Mario (Wii)
-RedSteel (Wii)
-Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii)
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii)
-Nintendo DS lite (White)
-Pokémon: Diamond Version (NDS)
-Final Fantasy III (NDS)

Also got two 2000 Wii Points cards, so I got:
-Virtua Fighter 2 (GEN)
-Beyond Oasis (GEN)
-Street Fighter II (SNES)
-The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)
-Super Ghouls-N-Ghosts (SNES)

Nice work man. For Wii I would also recommend The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion and SSX Blur.

This month I've picked up barely anything, except for the Wii version of Spiderman 3, which is actually pretty solid (largely due to the outstanding swinging controls).

zedge

_dementia said:
Just out of curiosity, why the Core 360? It looks like you bought the HDD anyway.

$100 Amazon deal?

I orginally bought my 360 in Nov 05, could only get a core at the time. It has since been replaced however as it died..

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just bought gurumin for 20 bux. will pick up odin sphere and senkou no ronde in a couple weeks.

Rlan

The following is a post of my adventures in Car Boot Sales down here in Australia. I've actually started a blog in which I'm counting how much I'm spending on second hand goods, and how much I'm making back on it. I'd love to receive some feedback on what I've currently been able to obtain as well as.. well, if my writing and blog posts are any good :lol

Usually my updates are purely gaming, but I found some other cool stuff this week.

You can check out the blog at http://carbootgaming.blogspot.com/

Today's Car Booting went pretty well. I was able to get two game items:
gunconzr1.jpg

A PSOne console, and a GunCon45. The Guncon works fine - and with the Time Crisis I picked up a month or so ago, I can sell them together for mucho profits! Time Crisis didn't age very well either, it's damn ugly.

The PSOne didn't come with any cords - so I went and scurried through my cords to see if I could find a matching set. With all of my multi-inputs not working, I found out that my Laptop's input was the same, so I slapped that in.

Never do this!

After 5 seconds of testing that yes, it turns on, the PSOne started to smell of BURNING CHIP BOARDS. I unplugged it as quickly as possible, opening it up, it now has a nice char mark on the main board. Whoops. I knew the voltage would be way too high, but didn't expect it to nearly combust on me.

I took it down to the local GameTraders [A store which for the most part sell exclusivly second hand games and console, as well as imported games], and got them to plug the console into a real power plug and AV cable. Thankfully, it still works. Only problem is that it still smells like burning plastic - I need to cover that up :) Plus I need to find cables for my own purposes - GT only sells them for stupidly high prices.

I got both together for 8 bucks. So even if the PSOne dies, it's still a good price for a GunCon.
dvdsxg8.jpg

I also picked up some other non-gaming stuff for keeps at the Car Boot Market - A bunch of DVDs. Poor guy was moving overseas and decided to offload his entire 300+ DVD collection. I picked up each of these [including box sets] for $5 each, a total of $55.

Those Family guy / American Dad box sets are still worth a good $20 on ebay each, so I'll watch the commentaries and sell them off anyway.

And lastly, and bare with me on this..
karnagees5hp1.jpg

:lol

I found a Don Karnage - character from an old cartoon called Talespin - plush doll. I bought it purely for selling purposes - and not some freaky furry-related stuff :lol . You don't see much merchendise for the old Saturday Morning cartoons, even when they were around. And something which is considered 'obscure' now within the Disney Dome, you just never ever see. For a buck, you really can't go wrong, and I feel I can probably rake in a bit of cash from this thing. I've seen Sally Acorn Dolls [Character from an old Sonic Cartoon, released only in SEGA World Sydney] go for a ton of money, who knows how this will go.

He looks like a Crash Bandicoot character :lol

Hyrup66

Banned
I got the 120 gig hard rive for my Xbox 360, and pre-ordered the normal edition of Halo 3 and The Darknes, both for xbox 360.

mollipen

_dementia said:
Just out of curiosity, why the Core 360? It looks like you bought the HDD anyway.

I gotta say, I much prefer that white optical tray instead of the chrome one. Almost makes me wish I had picked up a core and then pimped it out instead.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Infernal Monkey said:
Cash Converters' are such goldmines =D

Where the hell do Cashies around me have good stuff, all they have is miles and miles of shit Ps2 and Xbox games, nothing cool.

Rlan

Powerslave said:
High five Rlan for getting Crash 3

Thanks, it's the final puzzle of my Crash PSX platformers collection. Since I didn't care much for the PSX when it came out, I missed out on a lot of games. I loved Crash and some Spyro on friends systems, but never finished them. I'll get around to them sometimes - I'm playing Crash 2 on my PSP currently via emulation.

psxplativ9.jpg

As for the other bits and pieces I got:

Today's adventure started at the Salvo's, where I picked up Sim Life for $2.25AU. Even if I'm wrong [which it looks like I am], I've only wasted 2 bucks. It's all there with a big bloody manual, and also has Sim Ant too.

Then to the Cashies, where I picked up the rest. The PSOne cords - to go along with the PSOne mentioned before - were 10 bucks. The rest - Crash 3, Mega Man: Wily Wars, Gunstar Heroes, Quackshot/Battletoads double pack, and Smurfs were $7 each. I probably could have gotten them cheaper had I asked the guy who does some discounts for me, I could have gotten them a bit cheaper. But ah well, no need to argue, a dollar is a dollar, and for these items I should make my money back anyhow.

Crash 3 is for my own use - the final piece of my PSX Crash platformer collection.

The Quackshot / Battletoads collection is pretty weird since they're so unrelated to each other - I've seen a Quackshot / Castle of Illusion set before, and at least that made sense. It includes the VHS-Esque case [with cart clips] and the manuals. Looks nearly brand new! These collections were only done in Australia, so I might get a bit for it.

Gunstar Heroes - boxed, complete, like new. This fella tends to get $35-ish Aussie Dollars, maybe more due to the condition. I own it on the Virtual Console. I might wait a while before I sell it though.

Mega Man: The Wily Wars - Hard as nails to get, or so I hear. There is a copy by some German dude on ebay who wants $125AU for a complete copy. Hopefully I can get a good number for this excellent find. Reminds me when I actually found a copy of Megaman X3 PAL Saturn in the same Cashies - I swapped that gold mine for a lot of other overseas gaming stuff I was looking for at the time :D

Smurfs, eh, I wasn't sure if it was the same as "Smurfs Travel the World", which I sold recently. It's not, and not worth as much. Ah well.

I'll put the total cost - plus the profit I've made from other stuff I've put on my blog - up at http://carbootgaming.blogspot.com soonish.

VOOK - Look around and see if there are any Car Boot Sales in your area - check the paper under Garage sales on Saturday, for any Sunday boot sales - they might show up.

Your Cashies might not have any classic stuff because they don't see it as sellable. Hell, the amount of Daytona USA and VF1 Saturn copies in mine is rediculous, really. The people who DO get them are Game Traders, and they know the damn worth of the games, and add 20 dollars on top [mine has a Chrono trigger US version for, like, $150AU, yuck]

Rlan said:
Thanks, it's the final puzzle of my Crash PSX platformers collection. Since I didn't care much for the PSX when it came out, I missed out on a lot of games. I loved Crash and some Spyro on friends systems, but never finished them. I'll get around to them sometimes - I'm playing Crash 2 on my PSP currently via emulation.

psxplativ9.jpg

That picture looks so colourful, I love it.
Hmm, it seems you have a lot of Platinum games. I totally couldn't do that. Always on the lookout for originals with black borders and non-silver discs.

But the Spyro and Crash games are some amazing platformers ain't it? They don't get much love these days unfortunately.

Baker

Banned
DeceitDecide said:
I want to buy a copy of Puzzle Quest for DS... but I can't find one anywhere :(

Should have asked in the buy/sell/want/trade thread. I just sold my copy on ebay last week.

Rlan

Powerslave said:
That picture looks so colourful, I love it.
Hmm, it seems you have a lot of Platinum games. I totally couldn't do that. Always on the lookout for originals with black borders and non-silver discs.

But the Spyro and Crash games are some amazing platformers ain't it? They don't get much love these days unfortunately.

Im always on the lookout for the original discs - if I find a non platinum version, I'll keep it and sell the other one ;)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Final Fantasy Adventure (boxed, complete)
Gurumin
ATI Radeon x1550 graphics card
2 512mb DDR ram
Unreal Anthology
Half Life 2 2006 Holiday Collection

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No game purchases recently, but I bought my first anime DVD set in years(GitS:SAC Season 1), and it's off to a pretty solid start. Am actually hoping the upcoming movie is released on Blu-Ray, which would be the first disc I probably buy on the format.

21h9LPQOf3L._AA160_.jpg

C&C3 360 this week, and then Odin Sphere, Etrian Odyssey, and Tomb Raider later in the month for me.

Exitus_pt

considering how slow releases have been here in europe in the last few months, may has proven be a very good month, and it has just started.
Until now picked these up
Wii+wifi adapter+pokemon colosseum
Sonic and the secret rings
FF III DS
Pokemon pearl (import FTW :D )

Top Bottom