• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Yeah, the only one I actually picked up today was Rainbow Islands for NES, the rest are from late April that I never got around to posting in that thread. =) Still can't believe I actually found a copy of Akira Psycho ball, it's such a cool game.

That one on the right is Datel's unofficial GameCube game, a collection of shitty old clone games. It was only $3, yet still not worth it!

chinmonster

Dec 13, 2005
The list for this month (I'll update with pictures as stuff comes in):
Forza Motorsport 2 360
Letters from Iwo Jima Blu-Ray
Lost in Translation HD-DVD
Lunar Knights DS
Pokemon Diamond DS

I actually might wait on a bunch of this stuff (movies, Forza) because I'm going to Japan half way through June and I won't be able to really enjoy it until after anyway, and a little extra money would be nice.

Also, what do you think: Lunar Knights or Pokemon first?

Lo-Volt

Jul 4, 2005
Boston-Atlanta Metropolitan Axis
adg1034 said:
:lol It was all the store had!

That said, the Sega Genesis Collection should have come packed-in with a better controller. The DualShock 2 has a horrible D-pad for games that were designed for digital pads like it. Also, I fail as a twitch gamer forever, I clearly was not meant for old-fashioned Sega-style gaming, even though Sonic 2 is awesome.

Eteric Rice

Jan 13, 2007
Ironically, who wants to bet that the "Konami's Best" version will one day be saught after as rare? :lol

Moz La Punk

Jan 17, 2007
The Netherlands
It seems I won't be picking up anything before early July. My birthday is then and what better way to celebrate a birthday for a shop-a-holic like me then to go on a shopping spree with a massive amount of money? I'm saving up for it now. The July pick-up-thread is MINE, biatches, MINE!

Powerslave

Banned
Mar 2, 2006
Secks4Food said:
Sly Racoon? Did they change his name in the game too?

picardwtfisthisshit.gif
I thought the first one was called Raccoon and from the sequel on they changed it to Cooper.

Roarer

May 9, 2006
Gothenburg, Sweden
Secks4Food said:
Sly Racoon? Did they change his name in the game too?

picardwtfisthisshit.gif
Nah, he's still called Cooper. I guess they just thought the full title was too off-putting for all non-englsih speaking Europeans. They really tried to aim the Sly games to the kiddies; the sequel was dubbed into an unusally large number of languages, including the Scandinavian ones.

therapist

Nov 1, 2005
Dont have a pic.
But i just picked up silent hill 4 brand new sealed on ps2 for 4.99$ canadian at ebgames.
If youre in canada ,i suggest you go pick up a copy (the xbox one is also 4.99)

Even tho its not the best one of the series, 5$ canadian is ridiculous for a pretty good survival horror game :D

robot

Jun 8, 2004
More to be added as my birthday comes up:

Also:
Motorstorm (ps3)
fl0w(ps3)
tekken DR (ps3)
Geometry Wars (360) - finally got around to picking this up
Gurumin (psp)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Mar 6, 2006

Splurged a bit today. Also paid in full for Forza 2, CMR: DIRT, The Darkness, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and BioShock CE.