• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Movies of the Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

anna karenina should be so much higher, dredd and skyfall and tdkr and the avengers are all average to good, dumb that les mis and perks and beasts beat stuff like oslo august 31st...
and at the same time it's to be expected I mean this was an amazing year at the movies but the best stuff did on average get a more limited release so w/e it's not like any of this breaks with my expectations of what the list would look like

Also, Django's great. didn't even have it in my top 10 but this many people pissed about it being up there is funny
Looper was touted as the successor to The Matrix and, well, it just isn't.
pretty sure one reviewer said this on a site like scifinerdsmag.net or scififxexperts.org or something equally super obviously not worth trusting.

Helmholtz

Few too many popcorn flicks in the top 10, but glad to see movies like The Master getting recognition and overrated flicks like Argo and Lincoln a little lower on the list. I think Dredd is overrated though, and I would have thought Hobbit would beat out movies like Avengers.

26. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia 59

Bought this the other day but only got up to part where the group are having a meal in the mayor's house. Went to bed after that. Will have to watch the rest soon.

D23

I saw Moonrise Kingdom yesterday due to the overwhelming GAF hype, and wow i was shocked by how much i enjoyed it. it was lovely and it was my first Wes Anderson film.

So, what other wes anderson movie is worth checking out?

I saw Moonrise Kingdom yesterday due to the overwhelming GAF hype, and wow i was shocked by how much i enjoyed it. it was lovely and it was my first Wes Anderson film.

So, what other wes anderson movie is worth checking out?

I'd recommend you watch the Royal Tenenbaums next but all of his movies are worth a watch.

chessnut

Yeah Life Aquatic sucks. I'd rank Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and The Fantastic Mister Fox in that order.

I loved the Darjeeling Limited too, although the consensus was that it wasn't that great.

Kayhan

Django was a terrible movie. Not just a terrible Tarantino movie but a terrible movie period.

Couldn't believe how bad it was when I saw after all the hype.

No it's not. It does kind of suck. It's rather boring, even if fairly well-nuanced.

Opinions, how do they work? Its definitely a love it or hate it movie, but to me the detached tone present in all his work reaches a point of saturation about halfway through and somehow is better for it. I wouldn't begrudge even another Wes Anderson fan for hating it, but it just resonated with me in a way the others didn't.

Also it has one of the best soundtracks ever.

Opinions, how do they work? Its definitely a love it or hate it movie, but to me the detached tone present in all his work reaches a point of saturation about halfway through and somehow is better for it. I wouldn't begrudge even another Wes Anderson fan for hating it, but it just resonated with me in a way the others didn't.

Also it has one of the best soundtracks ever.

I wasn't even making a judgement on its value (though I know it's not for me). It just really shouldn't be the second Wes Anderson film a person watches to get into his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom