• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT| Now with 100% more member's members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oi, it got real now! I'm from Hamburg, Germany, Khalifa :) You can totally add me.

I'll be updating the OP today with locations I've received via PM. Keep in mind, the only two people who truly need to know your address are the person who will be sending you the notebook and the person who you are sending it to (return address and whatnot).

MikeDown

Banned
WTU43cL.jpg
Neat, things are really coming together, I'm excited for this!
Also I like the tiles on your bathroom counter.

Albany, OR btw. :)

Red

You pay your own shipping? Or you mean the order? I assume since its starting in California that it will go thru USA first, than whatever country is next will go thru all its participants and off to the next country and so forth.

Only negative is whoever is the last person to receive the book in said country will pay the most shipping fees since he/her needs to ship it to another country.
Question was for both, I guess. Shipping between countries is a decent personal expense. Are there volunteers to bite the bullet?

Shipping internationally will certainly be rough, and I have a bad feeling it'll sooner or later get lost, but until then, this is going to be so cool. Sent my PM. I'm excited to write some boring shit from Central Illinois for you guys to read.

OP updated with everyone who's wanted in so far, I think. Thanks for the PMs guys. At this rate only a few people will be able to go 2 pages, so please be kind and make the most out of the front/back of your page. Anyone who wants two pages, PM me a portfolio/deviantart/dribbble/personal website so I can check your work out and reserve two pages for you.

OP updated with everyone who's wanted in so far, I think. Thanks for the PMs guys. At this rate only a few people will be able to go 2 pages, so please be kind and make the most out of the front/back of your page. Anyone who wants two pages, PM me a portfolio/deviantart/dribbble/personal website so I can check your work out and reserve two pages for you.

Front and back should be more than enough, when you said two pages a while back I thought front and back counted as two lol. When are you sending that bad boy out?

Edit:just saw the list, is that the order it's going to be sent out?

Oh we get front AND back? This changes everything.

Is the number in the OP when we'll be getting it? Doesn't make sense for it to go to Connecticut and then Florida and then back up the east coast.

I know it's alphabetical but I'm confused.

Is the number in the OP when we'll be getting it? Doesn't make sense for it to go to Connecticut and then Florida and then back up the east coast.

I know it's alphabetical but I'm confused.

Khalifa answered me a few posts up about that same question, I thought we were going that way too. Says we need some peeps in here to figure out the best route for us to send it. If anybody can figure out the best route post it up.

Ourobolus

Banned
Thought I'd give it a go at organizing the travel route for the US. I tried to minimize shipping costs for the most part (although it's tough trying to do Hawaii. I'm not sure if it would be best shipping it directly from CA to HI to OR, or if it's easier to ship it to HI from VT on the way to Australia). I didn't take into account where the cities were, it's only sorted by state. See if it works.
Code:
KhalifaJayy	 USA	 California	 Bakersfield- Start Point	
MrBig	 	USA	 California	 East Bay	
bjork	 	USA	 California	 Inland Empire	
Jangaroo	 	USA	 California	 L.A.	
NaotaFakuza	 USA	 California	 L.A.	
JTwo		 USA	 California	 Santa Rosa	
Wenis	 	USA	 California	 San Fran	
898		 USA	 California	 SoCal	
libregkd		 USA	 California	 SoCal	
Poyunch	 	USA	 California	 Long Beach	
insignia16	 USA	 California	 La Verne	
Fatal Futanari	 USA	 California		
johnny_park	 USA	 Hawaii	 Kapolei	
GraveHorizon	 USA	 Oregon	 Albany	
iShouldGoPro	 USA	 Oregon	 Portland	
pikachu Lv 5	 USA	 Oregon	 Salem	
MikeDown	 USA	 Oregon		
meijiko	 	USA	 Washington State		
PaulExcellent	 USA	 Utah	 Dugway	
Pops Maellard	 USA	 Colorado	 Fort Collins	
besada	 	USA 	 Texas		
CarpeDeezNutz	 USA	 Texas		
abstract alien	 USA	 Texas		
Servbot24	 USA	 Texas	 Austin	
Palmer_v1	 USA	 Nebraska	 Omaha	
Bright Side of Life	 USA	 Missouri	 St Charles	
NJDEN	 	USA	 Minnesota		
MaritalWheat	 USA	 Wisconsin	 Madison	
TheProfessor234	 USA	 Michigan		
Bay Maximus	 USA	 Illinois	 Chicago	
Soka	 	USA	 Illinois	 Urbana	
snacknuts	 USA	 Indiana	 Indianapolis	
TheBrain76	 USA	 Ohio		
OceanicAir	 USA	 Tennessee		
silentcapybara	 USA	 Tennessee		
HUELEN10	 USA	 Florida		
Sub Zero at a Starbucks	 USA	 Florida		
Tesseract	 	USA	 Florida		
Matt Attack	 USA	 Florida		
PrimaNocta	 USA	 Florida		
Kyledk05	 	USA	 Georgia		
LuffyZoro	 	USA	 Georgia		
Pinko Marx	 USA	 Georgia		
TheAbsolution	 USA	 Georgia		
Vanillalite	 USA	 Georgia		
Zoba	 	USA	 Georgia	 Atlanta	
CliqWriter	 USA	 Georgia	 Atlanta	
Cheddahz	 	USA	 South Carolina		
Charles Alan Ratliff	 USA	 North Carolina	 Spring Lake	
Vipershark	 USA	 North Carolina		
Chibits12	 	USA	 Maryland		
Ourobolus	 USA	 Maryland		
EmmanuelMunoz	 USA	 Pennsylvania		
Ace Harding	 USA	 Pennsylvania	 Philly	
INDIGO_CYCLOPS	 USA	 NY	 Buffalo	
.GqueB.	 	USA	 NY	 NYC	 Brooklyn
Alcotholic	 USA	 NY	 NYC	
Jipan	 	USA	 NY	 NYC	
xkramz	 	USA	 NY	 NYC	
cwmartin	 	USA	 Connecticut	 New Haven	
eLZhi	 	USA	 Connecticut	
Wherearemahdragonz	 USA	 Rhode Island	 Newport / Middleton / Hopkinton (depending on date)
battousai11	 USA	 Massachusetts		
Taco_Human	 USA	 Massachusetts		
Pegosaurus	 USA	 Massachusetts			
maxcriden	 USA	 Vermont	 Burlington
(sorry for the formatting).

maxcriden

Thought I'd give it a go at organizing the travel route for the US. I tried to minimize shipping costs for the most part (although it's tough trying to do Hawaii. I'm not sure if it would be best shipping it directly from CA to HI to OR, or if it's easier to ship it to HI from VT on the way to Australia). I didn't take into account where the cities were, it's only sorted by state. See if it works.

Looks like a great route to me (and I get to see everyone's contributions in the US before I get it!). Thanks for all your hard work!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
How about everyone who participates includes a small amount with the notebook to help for the shipping for the next person?

Doesn't it just make more sense for everyone to pay their own? I mean the burden is spread just as equally and its a lot simpler.

Ourobolus

Banned
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zhJHqHtYnvOQ.krP_n6HzXTqk

All right, here's my proposed route. If you didn't provide a city, I just made a generic "State Name" or "Country Name" marker. (I also moved Hawaii to last for convenience's sake. Sorry!)

If I get more cities, I can provide more granularity, but here it is. I made the map editable if you want to add your own place "anonymously."

route_zps49350c6f.png

Doesn't it just make more sense for everyone to pay their own? I mean the burden is spread just as equally and its a lot simpler.

Well the problem arises when you cross the ocean. That's a hefty fee compared to someone who ships from, say, California to Oregon.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zhJHqHtYnvOQ.krP_n6HzXTqk

All right, here's my proposed route. If you didn't provide a city, I just made a generic "State Name" or "Country Name" marker. (I also moved Hawaii to last for convenience's sake. Sorry!)

If I get more cities, I can provide more granularity, but here it is. I made the map editable if you want to add your own place "anonymously."

route_zpsa6dfbdd1.png

Well the problem arises when you cross the ocean. That's a hefty fee compared to someone who ships from, say, California to Oregon.
Being last is fine with me.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

I'm happy to be last in Europe and to bear the shipping costs to wherever comes next, if that helps.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm in Trumbull, CT, which is closer to NYC than New Haven, so maybe I should get it before cwmartin? Or not. I doubt postage to RI would be any different. Whichever.

It's not a perfect system, people are spread out all across the states, so there will be some inefficiencies here and there. In your case, yeah, I doubt there's much difference.

I'm in Trumbull, CT, which is closer to NYC than New Haven, so maybe I should get it before cwmartin? Or not. I doubt postage to RI would be any different. Whichever.

Probably not. If I'm out of school by the time I get it, I'll be close to the Connecticut border if that helps.

It's not a perfect system, people are spread out all across the states, so there will be some inefficiencies here and there. In your case, yeah, I doubt there's much difference.

Gotcha. No big deal.

Probably not. If I'm out of school by the time I get it, I'll be close to the Connecticut border if that helps.

Nah, I'm not worried about postage, was just looking at efficiency.

Ourobolus

Banned
I swear to god I'm going to be trying to figure out the Traveling Salesman problem for this in Excel, using the Haversine formula.

Because I can't stop wondering about it. FUCK

Totally going to use nearest-neighbor.

My suggestion for shipping costs was that in the event of extreme distances (out-of-state / overseas), the sender / receiver would pay 50% of that shipping rate, and so on and so forth.

I swear to god I'm going to be trying to figure out the Traveling Salesman problem for this in Excel, using the Haversine formula.

Because I can't stop wondering about it. FUCK

Totally going to use nearest-neighbor.
I keep seeing this referenced. What does it mean?

Also Thanks for your help with the route fellas.

Ourobolus

Banned
I keep seeing this referenced. What does it mean?

Also Thanks for your help with the route fellas.
It's a mathematical problem that basically tries to find the most efficient route between a series of n points (e.g. A salesman traveling from city to city). It's famous for being one of the most prominent problems regarding optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom