• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - MarkMan Returns!

5043294894_3acb8268e5.jpg

Chikyuu Boueigun 2

you know, to wash away the horrid stench left by every bit of Earth Defense Farce PS360 news.

B.K.

_dementia said:
5043294894_3acb8268e5.jpg

Chikyuu Boueigun 2

you know, to wash away the horrid stench left by every bit of Earth Defense Farce PS360 news.

You could have gotten the game in English.

MTmoK.jpg

Yes Boss!

Awesome PS1 games from J-PSN!

SM on the PSP. Much rather play it on a handheld. Whoo!

4b6f0f51.jpg

And the totally awesome Adventure of Little Ralph. Virgin game for me...never played it but it is beautiful:

f433f5ba.jpg

I couldn't resist a copy of Shenmue II for 980 yen even though I own the xbox version so I picked it up along with Katamari Tribute for PS3. I've got my gaming month all booked up now with these two new additions to my library.

DSCF2002.jpg

Yes Boss!

Picked up a cool little african coconut jar to hold my little cartridges. Brings some class to my gaming center (used to use a clear jar before):

ff462c86.jpg

Inside...plenty of room for the forthcoming 3DS stuff:

a7063da7.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Awesome PS1 games from J-PSN!

And the totally awesome Adventure of Little Ralph. Virgin game for me...never played it but it is beautiful:

Little Ralph never made it out of Japan which is very strange because the game is incredible !

Yes Boss!

CaseyTappy said:
Little Ralph never made it out of Japan which is very strange because the game is incredible !
Totally, this game is downright incredible! Gorgeous sprite work. Can't believe I never heard of it till this week in the GAF thread. Super glad I had some extra points after getting a 1000 PSN card for the treasure game.

Trying to think why I never heard of it...probably came out when I was going to college in france in the late nineties, was not importing games by then.

In any case, all should pick ut up! Looks amazing on the handhelds.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
noob question, but how does one screenshot on iPhone?
Hit the Home button and Power button at the same time and it sends the screenie to your photos.

Actually pretty handy and I use it to record things like bank balances and stuff.

Yes Boss!

I got Geo Wars a few months back. Kinda hard for me to control and to this day there is still a leaderboard error. Might just be my phone. Is Castlevania worth it?

Ha! Good on the Mega Worm. That was a game Marwan convinced me to buy. Little fun one.

Gameboy415

Kilgore Trout said:
This was actually a used game but I didn't really care. I was sort of disappointed that I found it cheaper a half hour later though.

ct1.png

ct2.png

ct3.png

Once I get my Satellaview...

Looks nice but I think you over-paid.....I got a similar condition copy w/all the inserts for only 150yen.

Best of luck finding a Satellaview! :D
I found mine for just over 2000yen at a recycle-shop in the countryside a few years back.
It was in a fairly nondescript brown cardboard box, so be sure to look carefully!

A word of warning about the Satellaview cartridges: the game data may erase itself when you try to start the game.
Some games only worked if the Satellaview was connected to the broadcast signal or were only meant to be playable for a limited amount of time.
Case in point, I bought a Satellaview cartridge with "Panel de Pon 98" (an exclusive version of Tetris Attack/Puzzle League) on it but when I tried to load the game, it said the data had expired and it was automatically deleted from the cartridge. :(

On the other hand, the cartridge that came with my Satellaview contained "Pocky & Rocky* and it works fine to this day.

A lot of Reach stuff, the Limited Edition is probably one of the best collector's edition.

26285sl.jpg

2qkqe09.jpg

29o1ffm.jpg

Alan Wake from Amazon sale

2m47la1.jpg

Also from Amazon, Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition and Etrain Odyssey with artbook

4jnm9c.jpg

ojm1b9.jpg

Iron Man 2 Bluray Target exclusive ... yeah crappy faked SteelBook case with lenticular cover (yuck). Movie was pretty good, to my surprise since everyone said it was terrible.

21owllk.jpg

El_Six

Neo Member
Haven't posted in a while so last pic is October pickup others are just some things I wanted to share :)

Back in Aug went to Anime Festival of Orlando Con and got to meet Reuben Langdon aka Ken in SFIV..helped out my buddy with a SF tournament ..Friend took pic at same time my wife took pic lol below that goodies I picked up at that con.
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Few things I got with in the last few weeks
Champloo.jpg

Reach1.jpg

Reach2.jpg

Here are my current Oct Pick Ups:

caved and bought one after playing with my buddies got the 32Gb was just in my price range and could get it faster than the 64 model :)
iPad.jpg

Halloween Costume me and a few buddies the Lin Kuei Ninjas:
Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile, and Smoke
LinKuie.jpg

Had Wife Pick up a few boxes of these :) mmmm LOVE! my Lucky Charms
LuckyCharms.jpg

photo.png

Caught up with my trades TWD picked up 10, 11, and 12
PhotoOct03110654AM.jpg

Forsete

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Fantastic game. More games like these please! I wouldn't mind a Uncharted spin-off with Drake and Sully. :D

BsT6m.jpg

Got a disc storage box, it has room for 510 discs. Trying to get organized, I have discs laying around everywhere.

1Ifzx.jpg

p5kkV.jpg

And I got my cat back after a 3 day hospitalization at the vet. She was attacked by another cat and bitten quite badly. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Poor thing. That other cat OTOH is going to get killed when I catch him.

g1hGX.jpg

Yes Boss! said:

f433f5ba.jpg

SM pick-up is ace!

Track your progress in my thread with a spelling error in the title!

What's Adventure of Little Ralph like?

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
SM pick-up is ace!

Track your progress in my thread with a spelling error in the title!

What's Adventure of Little Ralph like?
Will do! I got the saturn game last year but I'm totally excited to play it on the PSP. Did not play it on Saturn yet so I'm good to go.

Oh my god, adverse. You gotta get Ralph. It is so, so good. Got a super arcade feel with the scoring. I'm playing it as a 1cc game and it is so much fun to explore and try to find fruit combos to get those score-based 1ups. Buy it ASAP. Levels have a countdown timer too. Fantastic game. My tops this year along with Galaxy 2.

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
No shit?

Alright will pick up sometime this week. Unfortunately this means I'll probably have to turn on my PS3. : /
Wait, don't you have a PSP? Oh, maybe you meant manage through your PS3. I'm the same way...only use my PS3 for daily movies and to manage my content. Trying to game on it more, and started the crazy Demon's Souls this week.

Ralph's beauty definitely comes through on the handheld. The PS1 games are always a little too murky when I play them on the HDTV.

Yeah, get it! You won't be disappointed. You'll dig it. You are in japan so it wil only be like $5!

I already have 3 PSPs, so I can't justify a 4th but I really like the look of that Metal Gear Camo edition - shame that the 3000s don't have Bluetooth as I am getting along so well with using my PS3 Joypad on my Go.

I also picked up Little Ralph, I really like the art style - plays pretty well too.

Non games wise, I posted the box for this last month, but never got round to opening it till just now;

photo-114.jpg

(Z Scale)

rockmang15

Neo Member
El_Six you left out the Best Part... The Action Shots! El_Six as Sub-Zero, Myself as Reptile, and 2 other buddies. Ready for our Annual Halloween Golf Tournament!

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

Top Bottom