• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OT Forum Presents G.A.M.E. 2 (An Electronic Music Compilation)

Parl

Listened to the last package - not my cup of tea. Liked parts of Castle Grounds, but this stuff isn't my type of stuff.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
KTallguy said:
Does anyone have a torrent of all of the songs?

I didn't realize they were all broken up...

I think Evilore is gonna get something going some time after E3.

FightyF

Banned
Mark D said:
I had requested in the original thread that my song just be tagged as Plastic Handgun as the artist :/ So if any listeners want to go ahead and change it to that... yeah.

Sorry, my bad. I don't know how I missed that.

I'm working on the next thread, just getting back to it now after having an extremely busy thursday-sunday. I hope to cover all the bases within the first post so mixups like that won't happen again, rather than break things down to stages as I did for that inlet art. Again, I apologize.

Komlu

I just finished listening! The only thing I have to say is that this is mind blowing! wayyyyy better than the last one.

Edit: There it is! :D

Komlu said:
I just finished listening! Thoe only thing I have to say is that this is mind blowing! wayyyy better than the last one.

damnit, i was hoping for a 5th "y" in there...i feel like a failure.

I would just like to thank everyone for putting in a kind word or two, even some criticism would be nice too. Gives us all motivation I think.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Agreed, sir! Knowing the people are listening makes it easy to want to do this again and again.

h3ro

Great compilation of tracks! I'm really enjoying using it as my custom soundtrack for Burnout Paradise. :D

Quick question though, is there a set track list, meaning, is there a track number for each track, I'd like to listen to it in the order the album was put together. Thanks.

h3ro said:
Quick question though, is there a set track list, meaning, is there a track number for each track, I'd like to listen to it in the order the album was put together. Thanks.

don't think we had an order...this is something we may have to plan for on 3.0

Tokubetsu said:
Is there a dl mirror up yet of just the whole thing and not parts?

I think EvilLore might be able to host the complete set. We'll have to contact him on the matter, it'd be a great thing!

No_Style

Again, I must extend my thanks for the great work people have put into G.A.M.E. 2.0. It's on my iPod Nano and part of my regular rotation. Great work all around. :D

I've combined the files and put them up on my site for folks to download.

Please, be gentle.

No_Style said:
Again, I must extend my thanks for the great work people have put into G.A.M.E. 2.0. It's on my iPod Nano and part of my regular rotation. Great work all around. :D

I've combined the files and put them up on my site for folks to download.

Please, be gentle.

You deserve a pint!

Domino Theory said:
Holy crap, I'm in LOVE with Agent Ironside's one.

It's a wonderful track, probably my favorite of the comp.

I've also being listening to SLP alot by Monchi-Kun, really beautiful piece in my opinion.

m0dus said:
Dammit, anyone listen to either of mine yet? It's a field where I yet to excel :lol

Human Complement = bad ass...vocals really do it for me. what's the background on the artist you signed up for this part of the song?

Domino Theory said:
Holy crap, I'm in LOVE with Agent Ironside's one.

permutated said:
It's a wonderful track, probably my favorite of the comp.

I've also being listening to SLP alot by Monchi-Kun, really beautiful piece in my opinion.

Whoa, thanks for the compliment guys!

On a side note, I just ordered a new sound card and recently acquired Fruity Loops 8 XXL edition along with my new quad core, so ill be all ready for GAME 3.0. Ive always been kind of amateurish when it comes to making this stuff, I plan on learning a looooot more about FL and dedicating more time to this music thing.

Oneself

Pretty good work guys!

Highlights for me were Mr.Nash "Ruins in the ice", I love the sound, it's the best one IMO.

And Albino Samuraï, the first half of "Unhappy Ending" has a charming "80s action movie sound" that I truly enjoyed, great track as a whole as well.

Oneself said:
...And Albino Samuraï, the first half of "Unhappy Ending" has a charming "80s action movie sound" that I truly enjoyed, great track as a whole as well.

Thanks man!
I had major fun making this track and i'm glad most people like it.

KTallguy

Banned
Just wanted to give a shout out to Plastic Handgun's track, 'Think Orange Count Two'.

Regarding the clip you used, I got to the part in the game where that clip is from yesterday, and was SERIOUSLY freaked out :lol

Got shivers. Good job.

KTallguy said:
Just wanted to give a shout out to Plastic Handgun's track, 'Think Orange Count Two'.

Regarding the clip you used, I got to the part in the game where that clip is from yesterday, and was SERIOUSLY freaked out :lol

Got shivers. Good job.

What game is that?! I thought it was from a movie or something. :eek:

Mark D

KTallguy said:

Got shivers. Good job.

Thanks a lot man! I'm actually surprised that so few GAFers actually noticed what the sample was from. Though I took it from Metal Gear Solid 2, not 4... haven't gotten around to playing that yet. The colonel goes off about aliens in the 4th game too!? :O

BigFwoosh

Edit: Found the thread for the next album after searching for a bit. Anyway, I'm listening to G.A.M.E. 2 for the first time, and it's good stuff. I really like Professor Spaceton and the Mysterious Planet... got a huge Super Metroid vibe from it, really atmospheric.

BigFwoosh said:
Edit: Found the thread for the next album after searching for a bit. Anyway, I'm listening to G.A.M.E. 2 for the first time, and it's good stuff. I really like Professor Spaceton and the Mysterious Planet... got a huge Super Metroid vibe from it, really atmospheric.

Hey thanks! I was waiting for at least one comment on my submission hah. ;)

Maverick

Hey GAF DJs,

Just wanted to say, I skipped over this for a while because I thought it would be amateurish 8-bit Crystal Castles type stuff.

Man, I was totally wrong. Great, great stuff. Mark D - your track is on repeat in my iTunes constantly. The Metal Gear sample. :lol

classic.

I sent the track to my buddy who knows nothing of GAF, and he said, "holy shit that's hot, who is that?"

"Dude, it's Plastic Handgun. You don't know fucking Plastic Handgun?"

:D

Mark D

Maverick said:
Hey GAF DJs,

Just wanted to say, I skipped over this for a while because I thought it would be amateurish 8-bit Crystal Castles type stuff.

Man, I was totally wrong. Great, great stuff. Mark D - your track is on repeat in my iTunes constantly. The Metal Gear sample. :lol

classic.

I sent the track to my buddy who knows nothing of GAF, and he said, "holy shit that's hot, who is that?"

"Dude, it's Plastic Handgun. You don't know fucking Plastic Handgun?"

:D

Hahaha, shit. Thanks a lot dude, that's pretty awesome. :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
SDZeta said:
Hey thanks! I was waiting for at least one comment on my submission hah. ;)
I loved your track on the first G.A.M.E. and your track on this one doesn't disappoint either. Thumbs up.

decon

Just wanted to write that I love both albums. Some really great stuff actually. Been listening to G.A.M.E. 2 the few last times that I've been out running my 5 km route :)

trihunter

Hey, I cannot get these files to work... Is there an official thread with a different link that I'm just blind to?

Enjoying the first G.A.M.E. right now and I love the more ambient tracks on there.

EDIT: 10 seconds later, found out I am blind.

I am downloading the zip files but when I try to open them it says "it is either in unknown format or damaged."

I'm a huge fan of G.A.M.E. 3 so was going to go ahead and download all the previous ones. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Lol like the last post, I guess I was blind (or didn't check the 2nd page more like). Found the updated download link!

Top Bottom