• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Zafir

la_briola said:
enlighten us more?
You can give a referral link to new members and they'll get a 5$(or £5 if you are in the UK) discount. When that person spends over $5 or £5, the referrer then gets $5/£5 themselves.

tUdSB.jpg

$10 Best Buy copy finally arrived. I was going to wait for the PS3 version, but the price was right!

bozeman

Look what I found at a garage sale today:

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

A little search tells me that the gold N64's have some value. However this was used as the primary system for a couple of kids and it shows. The controllers are a bit banged up and both analog sticks are very loose. The console has something rattling around inside. Some shaking caused sunflower seed shells to fall out. I was assured that it works but I can't test it right now because she sold all her N64 games (probably including Ocarina of Time) to a previous buyer.

If a collector really wanted it, I'd consider selling it. The only thing I want to play on it that isn't available on Virtual Console are the AKI wrestling games.

Red UFO

bozeman said:

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

A little search tells me that the gold N64's have some value. However this was used as the primary system for a couple of kids and it shows. The controllers are a bit banged up and both analog sticks are very loose. The console has something rattling around inside. Some shaking caused sunflower seed shells to fall out. I was assured that it works but I can't test it right now because she sold all her N64 games (probably including Ocarina of Time) to a previous buyer.

If a collector really wanted it, I'd consider selling it. The only thing I want to play on it that isn't available on Virtual Console are the AKI wrestling games.
My dad and I won a gold N64 controller in a competition in a magazine. They gave it to whoever had the fastest time on the first track in Diddy Kong Racing. Still have it, good times.

LiK

bozeman said:

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

LOL great find.

I remember I went through my old Nintendo Power product catalogues looking for some old collectibles I could try finding on eBay and I couldn't find those gold controllers anywhere. Not sure if they're exactly the same gold controllers you could buy separately though.

Kind of went on an electroncs shopping spree this month.

My last laptop died and I wanted to get a faster system anyhow so I bought an ASUS K52F Core i5 450m with 4gb of DDR 3 memory and a not so hot intergrated Intel HD Graphics GPU. It's still good although it isn't as smooth as my old Core2Duo HP on Minecraft. Not sure how that works.

I also bought a generic Android 2.3 7 inch tablet for my wife's birthday present. She really likes it so that's good. Once she outgrows it, I'll get her a proper brand name tablet.

Finally I picked up a cheap set of monitor style Pioneer headphones. Now I can play games at night in peace.

DSCF0001-1-1.jpg

Hawthorns

Upsidedown Fuji said:

My last laptop died and I wanted to get a faster system anyhow so I bought an ASUS K52F Core i5 450m with 4gb of DDR 3 memory and a not so hot intergrated Intel HD Graphics GPU. It's still good although it isn't as smooth as my old Core2Duo HP on Minecraft. Not sure how that works.

I also bought a generic Android 2.3 7 inch tablet for my wife's birthday present. She really likes it so that's good. Once she outgrows it, I'll get her a proper brand name tablet.

Finally I picked up a cheap set of monitor style Pioneer headphones. Now I can play games at night in peace.

We have the same laptop :D. I only got 3gb ram though, whut.

element

I got a new apartment. I get the keys on Monday.

Living right in downtown Seattle, next to Seattle University.

Hawthorns said:
We have the same laptop :D. I only got 3gb ram though, whut.
That's odd... maybe it's because I have the Japanese version. Not sure if they got an additional gig of ram or not. It has a 4gb single stick of memory in it with an additional slot open too. It's a nice system although I wish it had some quick media buttons like my old laptop did. Hitting the fn key plus one of the F keys up top is taking a little getting used to. Also the speakers are a little quiet as they face down under the palmrest.

overcast

bozeman said:

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

Holy crap, one of my friends had this when we were kids. I was so jealous.

Nice find.

Hawthorns

Upsidedown Fuji said:
That's odd... maybe it's because I have the Japanese version. Not sure if they got an additional gig of ram or not. It has a 4gb single stick of memory in it with an additional slot open too. It's a nice system although I wish it had some quick media buttons like my old laptop did. Hitting the fn key plus one of the F keys up top is taking a little getting used to. Also the speakers are a little quiet as they face down under the palmrest.

Oh really? I've always thought the speakers were pretty loud. I realise now that that might be due to my previous laptop being absolute crap. I've gotten used to doing the Fn + F keys too. The only ones I really use often are the volume keys and that can be done with one hand using the thumb and little finger, haha.

Hawthorns said:
Oh really? I've always thought the speakers were pretty loud. I realise now that that might be due to my previous laptop being absolute crap. I've gotten used to doing the Fn + F keys too. The only ones I really use often are the volume keys and that can be done with one hand using the thumb and little finger, haha.

I came from an HP Pavilion DV6000 entertainment notebook PC. The speakers were top mounted and may be partly the reason why I think my new speakers aren't all that great. Maybe I'm going deaf lol. Either way it's a good system. I am sure it will last a lot longer than my last one.

bozeman said:

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

hehe. Nice find! I still have mine from when they were first released!

Gvaz

Banned
Upsidedown Fuji said:

[/img]
It's likely it's using the CPU's "graphics processor" rather than a discrete one.

edit: oh it's an intel 4500hd, those aren't that good.

filipe

dvdjamm said:
I'm reading about Heavenly Star and someone reviewing it is saying it's the best electronic music since Daft Punk's Discovery...

I'm so late.

The best track from Lumines 2 was by Genki Rockets. It shared the album name, Heavenly Star.

f0529186.jpg

This is about all for September. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy the Original Star Wars trilogy yet. There's also Persona 2 and Gears is also a big maybe.

Lombax

Banned
Off to a good start. I am going to track down the original theatrical releases of Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Picked this up yesterday while I was out.
111yg.jpg

I refuse to pick up the vandalized blu-ray's when they come out, and I am sick of watching the re-released versions.

inner-G

Banned
Lombax said:
Off to a good start. I am going to track down the original theatrical releases of Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Picked this up yesterday while I was out.
111yg.jpg

I refuse to pick up the vandalized blu-ray's when they come out, and I am sick of watching the re-released versions.
It may be relevant to your interests to read up about the "de-specialized" versions in the OT.

sersteven said:
Good choice :) I got my Japanese Red 3DS a few weeks ago so I could play import games. Definitely my favorite color so far. If it was out at launch I would've bought it but it wasn't. So I have a Black NA unit and a Red JP unit :)

Senran Kagura is my next JP 3DS game.

I hope I start seeing 3DS more in public, not that I ever go anywhere that often lol.

Gvaz said:
It's likely it's using the CPU's "graphics processor" rather than a discrete one.

edit: oh it's an intel 4500hd, those aren't that good.

I kind of fixed my minecraft issues. I just turned off fine graphics and it runs smooth. Other newer, more graphics intensive games seem to run better than minecraft in medium settings. I have a feeling its more due to Minecraft having limited support to a wide range of GPUs and intergrated graphics sets aren't a priority due to the limited resources he's got to work with in his small team of programmers.

It's a capable enough processor. The primary use for the laptop is internet video streaming and browsing anyhow. Light gaming is a very small part of what I would use it for anyway. I kind of knew what I was getting into with an intergrated on chip GPU. I'm satisfied. :)

fogberto

Neo Member
I got fairly bored yesterday, so a friend and I went into town to see what we could pick up with the change in our pockets.

I feel like this is going to become a regular thing.

u4lKn.jpg

Azzurri

Scythian Empire said:
Expensive day!

A couple of books I need to read for my English Degree

jbl71x4QP8DXbj.jpg

I remember reading the Great Gatsby this junior year in HS, still one of my favorite books.

Beck

A couple pickups.
New computer components (there's also a coolermaster 690 case), Disgaea 4 and a few books for school and just for self-learning:

comppack800.jpg

newbooks800.jpg

Audio stuff this month..

First -

I picked up a pair of Shure SRH840 Headphones when my plantronics headset broke this weekend.

z6iyj.jpg

I love them, but they are a little uncomfortable after a couple of hours on my head. The comfort is much improved on the 940s.. so I've already decided these are going back and I've ordered the SRH940s.. which should be here this week.

Next -

I picked up a "used" 16Gb Zune HD from craigslist for $70.. I always regretted selling my Zune..

t23B9.jpg

I also picked up the IEMs (in-ear monitors) in the picture this month.. they are the Klipsch Image X5. Easily the most comfortable in-ear set that I've had.

(the penny was also acquired this month, if you were wondering)

Ken

Beck said:
A couple pickups.
New computer components (there's also a coolermaster 690 case), Disgaea 4 and a few books for school and just for self-learning:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6391/comppack800.jpg[img]
[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1568/newbooks800.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Oh hey. I used that same book for my Mythology class.

Kalamoj

Got the Shakes said:
First time I've ever posted one of these. I got the PS3 headphones when Amazon had them for pre-order for $65.

ecbbf77c.jpg
I thinking about buying the headset. Any chance for a review?

Kambing

ResidentDante said:
Got mine on Saturday, a webshop in Norway fucked up the release date.

http://i52.tinypic.com/29uvux0.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

So jelly right now... -_-. The OT has not been made yet right?

luka said:
more ar tonelico musics

http://i.imgur.com/zGmIl.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxZ_eym7j_M"]METHOD_HYMME_GRANZERO=SPEAR/.[/URL] <3[/QUOTE]

OK now you've made me jealous !!

i wish they found a way to use this one in AT3 ...

Kalamoj said:

They got delivered when I was out of town for the weekend so I haven't had much time with them yet, but what little I used them last night I really liked them. They are very comfortable and have pretty good sound quality. I hope to be able to get some more use out of them in the next couple of days with some Resistance 3 online and I can give you a better opinion then if you'd like.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Kalamoj said:

Here's your review: They are awesome.

I absolutely love mine. And this is coming from someone who also has Astro A40s and the wireless mix amp. I'm selling my A40 package and sticking with these.

Top Bottom