• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermac said:
sl47lw.jpg

Loving It. Both the player and the album.
Grats man! I'm still using my trusty 30gig-er and it's still awesome! :D (Especially because it's not out here)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So lazy to take pics when I get stuff... I pretty much pass out after I get home from work... Yesterday (FRIDAY)!!! I fell asleep at 8PM after I got home and woke up around 2 am lol.... Here's some stuff from this week...

Utada Hikaru single... Flavor of Life (From Hana Yori Dango Returns) - $1 @ Book-Off!
2892264072_496f442a3b.jpg

Rock Band M.I.C. (It has a built in 360 controller!)
2891425395_a2fbb9c38c.jpg

Rock Band Fender P-Bass (Double strum bar!)
2891425973_b1439d0f69.jpg

Gagaman

A batch of games off a Japanese Ebay shop. Yeah, some of them are crap, but they were mega cheap.
dmwga8.jpg

Hit the jackpot at the bootsale this morning:
e88q69.jpg

Finally found Chiki Chki Boys and Die Hard Arcade for reasonable prices! I already own Super Fantasy Zone, Bio hazard Battle, Panzer Dragoon, Saturn Bomberman and House of the Dead but these were in better condition than mine (the Fantasy Zone is mint! OM NOM NOM.)

I also got Wario World Shake yesterday, I'll take a photo of that with Samba De Amigo and De Blob when they arrive.

Gagaman said:
Hit the jackpot at the bootsale this morning:
e88q69.jpg

Wowowowow <3 <3

Man, those Saturn games look like they're in fantastic condition! Whenever I find Saturn games at markets their cases are almost always completely buggered up. ='(

sikkinixx

Omikaru said:
IMG_0035.JPG

New monitor (looks great with 360/PS3). New desk coming soon. :D

Which model number is that? looks like the HD version of the T220 maybe? How do you like it? I always hear such bad things about TN monitors.

Gagaman

Infernal Monkey said:
Wowowowow <3 <3

Man, those Saturn games look like they're in fantastic condition! Whenever I find Saturn games at markets their cases are almost always completely buggered up. ='(
Yeah, same here. I still have a wreaked copy of X-Men Children of the Atom I want to replace. These have some minor scratches here and there, but they're otherwise really darn good. The Mega Drive ones are also in shockingly good condition.

The Saturn Bomberman is in one of those earlier style cardboard cover boxes, which is odd as i thought they replaced those with DVD like sleeve covers from 1997 and my original Bomberman is in one of those. I seem to find quite a few quirky versions, I have two Saturn games with Sega-Ozisoft stickers on them, and another with one of those now infamous german rating stickers (only much smaller, of course).

Proc

Yay, weekend = new pickup. My local ebgames/bestbuy didn't have stalker clear sky. Oh well, WAR for now and then I'll steam it later.

2niznmv.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
14avfbd.jpg

NIC was bought because the one built into my mobo died. Only cost me $2 at Fry's. :D

Alone in the Dark was $10 on sale at Gogamer. I figure it's at least worth a shot at that price, because even with the bugs and such I've heard there are some pretty good moments in there. If all else fails, there's the rumored patch coming up to fix all the crap.

VP:TiP and AC:FA were both had for 30% off at GS through the use of Edge + 20% coupon.

Now if only I had time to play all this stuff I'm getting good deals on...

Reilly

Monroeski said:
14avfbd.jpg

NIC was bought because the one built into my mobo died. Only cost me $2 at Fry's. :D

Alone in the Dark was $10 on sale at Gogamer. I figure it's at least worth a shot at that price, because even with the bugs and such I've heard there are some pretty good moments in there. If all else fails, there's the rumored patch coming up to fix all the crap.

VP:TiP and AC:FA were both had for 30% off at GS through the use of Edge + 20% coupon.

Now if only I had time to play all this stuff I'm getting good deals on...

$49.99 for a used game

lol

Yes Boss!

Linkzg said:
What the fuck is up with that Hotel Dusk repackaging? Looks ridiculous now.

Its Touch Generation rebranding, released at a lower price point, back in print...that is what the fuck is up with it. And do you seriously care what the packaging looks like on the shelf? This is no worse than the shitty "greatest hits" packaging that plagues every single platform.

Hinomura

11vlg1k.jpg

[PS2] Yakuza 2
[PS2] Chaos Wars
[PS2] Tales of the Abyss
[PS3] Disgaea 3
[PSP] Gitaroo Man Lives
[Artbook] Makai kingdom
[OST] Disgaea Custom

Not pictured:
[PSN] Wipeout HD

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Hinomura said:
[PS2] Yakuza 2
[PS2] Chaos Wars
[PS2] Tales of the Abyss
[PS3] Disgaea 3
[PSP] Gitaroo Man Lives
[Artbook] Makai kingdom
[OST] Disgaea Custom

Not pictured:
[PSN] Wipeout HD
Haha did you get Chaos Wars because of that voice acting thread?

I don't usually post in this thread, but I just had to share.

First off a little project today. 2 new shelves for some of my games. I liked how it turned out (never done anything like that before), so I'm going to buy another. Here's how the first one turned out.
septgoods0.jpg

Second is a portion of my Wii pickups this month plus a Wireless Mighty Mouse. I didn't like the mouse at first, but it has grown on me. Wario Land was everything I was hoping for and more (I kept a total media blackout on the game). Emergency Hero was a $20 piece of shovelware that made me play it to completion. Worth the $20 and not a bit more.
septgoods1.jpg

And here's the big boys.
So my friend told me several weeks ago that he wanted a Super NES again. He said that he had a friend that was probably going to sell him one for cheap because he needed the money. He also said he had some games that were worth some serious money. I didn't really believe him because neither one is a good judge of a games value. But I went on and told him Tuesday to go ahead and buy the set from him and I'd probably buy most of the games from him. Long story short, I got a call from him this morning and he started telling me the games that he had no interest in and I could have if I wanted them. Holy crap. I didn't believe what he was listing off...

septgoods2.jpg

He also got a WWF game and Zelda:LTTP for $40 with a SNES with no controllers. I told him to come over to my house with the games and he'd leave with a SNES controller, a copy of Super Mario World and a $50 check. Sure enough he was at my door.

And I didn't even tell the best part about the games:

septgoods3.jpg

Every game is complete in box & cardboard insert and in great/mint shape--no rentals here. The only things that I think I'm missing in most of them are the precautions booklets, Nintendo Power ads and the plastic dust covers.

Included in the lot:
Illusion of Gaia - Instructions + World Map
Breath of Fire II - Instructions + World Map
Breath of Fire - Instructions + World Map + Enemy/Item Guide
Secret of Evermore - Instructions + World Map + Poster/Square Catalog Thing
Secret of Mana - Instructions + World Map + Strategy Guide Card
Chrono Trigger - Instructions + 2 Maps/Posters + Registration Card
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals - Instructions + World Map + NP Ad + Precautions Booklet + Registration Card
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom - Instructions + World Map

For the record, no these are not for sell (Chrono might be, since I already had a loose copy of it, but I haven't decided). And I know I paid him more than what he paid, but we're friends and he knew that Chrono was worth $100+ alone because I told him. I also got a couple of extra SNES, NES, Genesis and Playstation manuals like FFIII+World Map.

I'm still in shock.

Ledsen

yoursisterspretty said:
I don't usually post in this thread, but I just had to share.

First off a little project today. 2 new shelves for some of my games. I liked how it turned out (never done anything like that before), so I'm going to buy another. Here's how the first one turned out.
http://www.marcbutler.com/gaf/septgoods0.jpg[IMG]

Second is a portion of my Wii pickups this month plus a Wireless Mighty Mouse. I didn't like the mouse at first, but it has grown on me. Wario Land was everything I was hoping for and more (I kept a total media blackout on the game). Emergency Hero was a $20 piece of shovelware that made me play it to completion. Worth the $20 and not a bit more.
[IMG]http://www.marcbutler.com/gaf/septgoods1.jpg[IMG]

And here's the big boys.
So my friend told me several weeks ago that he wanted a Super NES again. He said that he had a friend that was probably going to sell him one for cheap because he needed the money. He also said he had some games that were worth some serious money. I didn't really believe him because neither one is a good judge of a games value. But I went on and told him Tuesday to go ahead and buy the set from him and I'd probably buy most of the games from him. Long story short, I got a call from him this morning and he started telling me the games that he had no interest in and I could have if I wanted them. Holy crap. I didn't believe what he was listing off...

[IMG]http://www.marcbutler.com/gaf/septgoods2.jpg[IMG]

He also got a WWF game and Zelda:LTTP for $40 with a SNES with no controllers. I told him to come over to my house with the games and he'd leave with a SNES controller, a copy of Super Mario World and a $50 check. Sure enough he was at my door.

And I didn't even tell the best part about the games:

[IMG]http://www.marcbutler.com/gaf/septgoods3.jpg[IMG]

Every game is complete in box & cardboard insert and in great/mint shape--no rentals here. The only things that I think I'm missing in most of them are the precautions booklets, Nintendo Power ads and the plastic dust covers.

Included in the lot:
Illusion of Gaia - Instructions + World Map
Breath of Fire II - Instructions + World Map
Breath of Fire - Instructions + World Map + Enemy/Item Guide
Secret of Evermore - Instructions + World Map + Poster/Square Catalog Thing
Secret of Mana - Instructions + World Map + Strategy Guide Card
Chrono Trigger - Instructions + 2 Maps/Posters + Registration Card
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals - Instructions + World Map + NP Ad + Precautions Booklet + Registration Card
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom - Instructions + World Map

For the record, no these are not for sell (Chrono might be, since I already had a loose copy of it, but I haven't decided). And I know I paid him more than what he paid, but we're friends and [B]he knew that Chrono was worth $100+ alone because I told him.[/B] I also got a couple of extra SNES, NES, Genesis and Playstation manuals like FFIII+World Map.

I'm still in shock.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say how you must be a really nice guy to rip off your friend like that, but then I read that part... wow, your friend is fucking awesome :D

Ledsen said:
I was going to say how you must be a really nice guy to rip off your friend like that, but then I read that part... wow, your friend is fucking awesome :D

Yeah, that's why I offered him more because I felt bad...even for the guy on the other end that he bought them from. He's came through before with some OK stuff before (last time it was a loose copy of Super Metroid and a beat-up copy of Final Fantasy II), but this time...well it'll probably never be beaten. And for the record, we really are that cool. I gave him my N64 a month or so ago because he really wanted it to play NBA Hangtime, he was my best man at my wedding, and he still owes me $30 from 6 months ago...but we hook each other up. He just doesn't care to play those types of games and would rather me have them than make some serious change.

Yes Boss! said:
Its Touch Generation rebranding, released at a lower price point, back in print...that is what the fuck is up with it. And do you seriously care what the packaging looks like on the shelf? This is no worse than the shitty "greatest hits" packaging that plagues every single platform.

If you haven't noticed, people are quite retarded about packaging here. It's ridiculous.

bPod

S6000877.jpg

+ Mighty Muggs Thor
+ Hayabusa Spartan Soldier
+Reading materials -> Batman and Breaking of the Batman
+ Playstation 3 PJs
+ The Force Unleashed
+ Lego Batman + Robin Keychain

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
img_0132228.jpg

Ford Mustang GT

I'll post some better pic in the October thread after I get all extra work finished.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Hit up the buy 2 used games, get one free sale today at Gamestop and picked up DMC4, Folklore, and FFIV. I also picked up NHL 09.

wcetls.jpg

yoursisterspretty said:
Yeah, that's why I offered him more because I felt bad...even for the guy on the other end that he bought them from. He's came through before with some OK stuff before (last time it was a loose copy of Super Metroid and a beat-up copy of Final Fantasy II), but this time...well it'll probably never be beaten. And for the record, we really are that cool. I gave him my N64 a month or so ago because he really wanted it to play NBA Hangtime, he was my best man at my wedding, and he still owes me $30 from 6 months ago...but we hook each other up. He just doesn't care to play those types of games and would rather me have them than make some serious change.

Great SNES pickups. Most of those games are amongst my favorites. I could never afford them as a kid, though :(. I rented most of them or borrowed them from friends.

People complain about the Square tax in regards to DS games, but for SNES games it was ridiculous. I remember Chrono Trigger costing 80 bucks. My parents thought that was too much for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom