• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BBS G35 said:
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K

Those aren't scratches, just rug lint.

00020.jpg

Non cell phone pic woo!

Ike said:
Hit up the buy 2 used games, get one free sale today at Gamestop and picked up DMC4, Folklore, and FFIV. I also picked up NHL 09.

http://i33.tinypic.com/wcetls.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Someone's gonna need to buy some Goo-Gone.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
freshair said:
Sorry for it being sideways. Didn't feel like firing up photoshop :D

Windoze Picture and Fax Viewer can rotate.
So can MSPaint
Heck even right clicking an image can do it.

Nice pickups though.

Hopefully getting some stuff in soon myself.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Bunch of miscellaneous stuff

dc6dg8.jpg

Rhythm Tengoku shirt ordered through one of the GAFfers here.

vzx3pc.jpg

"So Hot" single

wrklmv.jpg

Couple of the newer Bathing Ape catalogs. I just won an auction for nearly the entire collection, so I'll be getting that soon.

28ather.jpg

Bathing Ape L.A. cap with blue ABC camo.

Blackface

Banned
sikkinixx said:
Hows is that monitor? I generally like Samsung's but I hear iffy things about 22" monitors in general.

take what you hear about 22 inch monitors with a grain of salt. People complain about them because companies are now using TN panels to make most of their 22inch and below monitors. Yes TN Panels are not as good as others out there, but they can still look very good.

People are very anal about their audio and visual outputs. To the point where it begins to become a pathetic obsession.

So long as you go with a good company, that makes quality products, and put a decent amount of money into a 22 inch monitor, you will get something that looks fantastic.

I have a T220, and a 2253BW at home. I used to use a 32 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p HDTV as my monitor.

At work, we have various high end 24 inch monitors from various companies including Samsung.

Now, Can I notice a difference between the $670 24 inch non TN panel LCD, and the T220 and 2253, of course. It's also three times more expensive in most cases. However, the picture quality on the T220 and 2253bw, even though they are TN panels, is still FANTASTIC.

The Panel on my Aquos is better then anything you are going to find in a monitor thats under $700, and I still switched it out for a 22 inch 2253BW(then put the TV in my bedroom).

So don't worry, just make sure you do your research and buy from the right company. Ignore a lot of what you hear at places like AVS, because most of them are shut ins who only defend something because they just so happened to purchase it and feel they have to justify why they did so. There are some great posters on sites like that, but nothing compares to doing your own research.

Shadow780

Went to the New York Anime Festival on Saturday, I must say meeting with Yoshitaka Amano was the happiest moment since Kojima and the MGS4 launch~

DSC00359.JPG

DSC00360.JPG

DSC00361.JPG

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00372.JPG

DSC00381.JPG

DSC00382.JPG

DSC00384.JPG

DSC00389.JPG

Scroll signed by Amano himself, 100 of 250

DSC00378.JPG

Finally my most valuable treasure, Cloud and Aerith illustration signed by Amano, Thank you so much Amano-sama!

DSC00347.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

freshair

Trax416 said:
take what you hear about 22 inch monitors with a grain of salt. People complain about them because companies are now using TN panels to make most of their 22inch and below monitors. Yes TN Panels are not as good as others out there, but they can still look very good.

People are very anal about their audio and visual outputs. To the point where it begins to become a pathetic obsession.

So long as you go with a good company, that makes quality products, and put a decent amount of money into a 22 inch monitor, you will get something that looks fantastic.

I have a T220, and a 2253BW at home. I used to use a 32 inch Sharp Aquos 1080p HDTV as my monitor.

At work, we have various high end 24 inch monitors from various companies including Samsung.

Now, Can I notice a difference between the $670 24 inch non TN panel LCD, and the T220 and 2253, of course. It's also three times more expensive in most cases. However, the picture quality on the T220 and 2253bw, even though they are TN panels, is still FANTASTIC.

The Panel on my Aquos is better then anything you are going to find in a monitor thats under $700, and I still switched it out for a 22 inch 2253BW(then put the TV in my bedroom).

So don't worry, just make sure you do your research and buy from the right company. Ignore a lot of what you hear at places like AVS, because most of them are shut ins who only defend something because they just so happened to purchase it and feel they have to justify why they did so. There are some great posters on sites like that, but nothing compares to doing your own research.

I agree who heartedly. The main reason for this purchase was to combine a monitor/hdtv unit into one, as space is limited in my shared house at school.

As a monitor, it runs fantastic. Crisp colours and sharp pictures. It has 1 VGA and 1 DVI input. The only complaint I have, is if you run the monitor at it's maximum resolution (16__x1050), the maximum refresh rate is 60hz. I would have liked it to be at least 70hz, but it doesn't bother me too much. Bumping down the resolution allows > 60hz refreshing.

As a TV, it's also fantastic. 2 HDMI ports/components/coaxial is all I need. One for my ps3, and one for my cable box. Again, not that many complaints. I only have OTA HDTV for now (just ordered cable), so the picture is a tad fuzzy. But when viewing blu-ray, it's amazzzzing.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a combo hdtv/monitor.

Kaleidoscope said:
Can you tell me where you got that desktop?
My wallpaper? I just compiled two gap ads together. If you want it, I can send it to you. Just pm me. :)

september08g.jpg

2 Killers CDs, and Project Silpheed. Dunno if it's any good, but it was a tenner, and you can't moan about that!

september08h.jpg

R&C:QFB. Awesome little game, very short but very sweet. I don't think there was a bit I didn't enjoy, and the classic R&C humour was all there. Loved it, would buy more mini R&C games like this.

JEKKI

SnowWolf said:
28ather.jpg

Bathing Ape L.A. cap with blue ABC camo.
aw man that's a sick ass hat.

if it were me and I prolly paid like $200 for it, I'd still hella ruin it by bending the brim all up and removing the sticker :D

anyway I havent really liked bape since a lot of their styles and colors havent been real good since they got all popular... but dang I really like that hat

I wonder if I'd be lucky enough to get a 7 1/8 size at Bape LA store... I havent even been there!

Gagaman

zu5j0x.jpg

De Blob and Samba De Amigo showed up today from thehut.com.
I was presently surprised to find they sent me one of those De Blob figures as well. :D

marwan

Banned
johnjohnson said:
sonic_chronicles.jpg

The DS - as you can see - isn't new at all. And to be honest I don't like it much. Never did and almost certainly never will.

then why don't you go out and get a DS Lite? the old DS was a tough one to swallow...big and heavy!

and how is Sonic RPG? did it pull the series back together now that Bioware has been working on it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Got some goodies for myself today...

2900303314_8759412201.jpg

Sanwa JLF, dust cover, and bat top... and two Seimitsu LS-32-01 sticks.

osknoes

SnowWolf said:
Bunch of miscellaneous stuff

dc6dg8.jpg

Rhythm Tengoku shirt ordered through one of the GAFfers here.

I need this shirt, and not only one... Maybe you can help me, giving some info about the other gaffer to make a deal!

Thanks!

kuYuri

Shadow780 said:
Went to the New York Anime Festival on Saturday, I must say meeting with Yoshitaka Amano was the happiest moment since Kojima and the MGS4 launch

Damn, I wasn't even aware the NYAF was this soon. :lol

If I had known, I might have tried to visit. Next year I guess.

CTLance

I had a bit of good luck recently and managed to acquire some more monies than predicted. So of course what else to do but waste it.

2rqobwo.jpg

(minus the obnoxious and pushy dog that absolutely HAD to be on that pic.)

jzxx6w.jpg

e0py4p.jpg

23hp2rc.jpg

Also,
24yohdz.jpg

I own it, yet I can't play it. Stupid stinking fridge. Dammit Nintendo, do something about this shit.

No pics:
De Blob is on its way from across the big pond, and Blast works should come out of backorder any day now. Both are paid for, so I'll book them as purchases, but I'll gleefully post about them when I get them next month nonetheless.

Shadow780

Strider2K99 said:
Damn, I wasn't even aware the NYAF was this soon. :lol

If I had known, I might have tried to visit. Next year I guess.

I didn't even know that there's a convention like this in the city, if my co-worker haven't mention it I would've missed it.:lol

Spike

distantmantra said:
My neighbor got home from Europe today, and brought this back for me.

Can this be played on a US PS3? Sorry, but I just got my PS3 and haven't really read up about it at all.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ike said:
All PS3s are region free.

PS3 games are region free, but PS3's do have different regions that do different defaults.

For example Resistence's crosshairs are different and blood is off on the Japanese PS3, even playing the American Blu-Ray.

Spike said:
Can this be played on a US PS3? Sorry, but I just got my PS3 and haven't really read up about it at all.

Yes, they're region free. As long as you're running the games in high definition, PAL games will work on your North American PS3.

DTJAAAAM

25flgfd.jpg

Got these at a thrift store for $1.99 a piece. If you can't make 'em out, they are:

Super Mario RPG
Kirby's Dream Course
Wario's Woods
Lemmings
Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions
Final Fight
Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day

Netto-kun

SSL21167.jpg

SSL21168.jpg

SSL21169.jpg

SSL21171.jpg

- Neo Geo Stick 2 for Wii. Been to the same game/CD/manga/DVD shop 3 weeks, and didn't notice the controller till now.:lol
- Weekly Famitsu.
- Used copy of Golden Sun for 1000 yen.
- Tickets to Tokyo Game Show, both days. Can't wait!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom