• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Giant Robot said:
can't wait for the Viz/Marvie bantering, Viz retiring 20 times, and me laughing too much in party chat.

I'M HERE TO FUCKIN' AMUSE YOU?
goodfellas4.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm up for some games later tonight if anyone else will be on I can tale my new beefed up player for a spin

Milly79

Me too. I was gonna ask.

Hopefully they listen to the crew and change our hours to 7a-4p every day so I can play more.

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Me too. I was gonna ask.

Hopefully they listen to the crew and change our hours to 7a-4p every day so I can play more.
Maybe you should change jobs so everyone else doesn't have to work around your schedule you selfish bastard. >:|

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
D:

Trust me dude, if I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be there. That place is fucking horrible.
Go work at Target. The job would probably suck but they always have really hot cashiers.

Red_Man

:lol sounds like a good plan I could use some liqour right about now but I need to save some cash I'll be playing for a while so whenever you guys get on just send me an invite. I'm late with this but for some reason I always thought you were a sharks fan milly lol

Red_Man

No idea but I've thought that for a super long time now haha I think i might have seen you and acid talkig about something and assumed you were a sharks fan too

Montresor

XBL gamertag: LordOdadjian
Main Position: Left Defense
Jersey Number: 22
Player Name: Luke Schenn

Ill send my friend request to the Gaf Tag later.

Montresor said:
XBL gamertag: LordOdadjian
Main Position: Left Defense
Jersey Number: 22
Player Name: Luke Schenn

Ill send my friend request to the Gaf Tag later.

give Montresor #2 Marvie

I think I'm gonna roll with #7. I wanted #9 but I wouldnt want to anger someone named CrazedArabMan, as I dont want any surprise deliveries of anthrax to my crib...

Red_Man

Playing with D men who think they're playing LW/RW makes me wanna burn down an orphanage

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
give Montresor #2 Marvie

I think I'm gonna roll with #7. I wanted #9 but I wouldnt want to anger someone named CrazedArabMan, as I dont want any surprise deliveries of anthrax to my crib...
Pretty sure he's illiterate and wouldn't be able to address the envelope.

Red_Man said:
Playing with D men who think they're playing LW/RW makes me wanna burn down an orphanage

The D-men that I've played with this GAF crew plays their position well. Not everyone thinks they are Dan Boyle, but when the D takes it to the net we'll usually communicate for the Wingers to drop back at the blue line.

Marvie_3

Banned
Giant Robot said:
The D-men that I've played with this GAF crew plays their position well. Not everyone thinks they are Dan Boyle, but when the D takes it to the net we'll usually communicate for the Wingers to drop back at the blue line.
That's because nobody on our team is this manly:

dan_boyle_pretty.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Yo Viz, what do you recommened for faceoffs against AI centers/human centers/off zone/def zone? I know you posted it a long time ago but I can't find it. I'm pretty good against a human player on the dot but the AI is getting me for about ~50%.

Marvie_3 said:
Yo Viz, what do you recommened for faceoffs against AI centers/human centers/off zone/def zone? I know you posted it a long time ago but I can't find it. I'm pretty good against a human player on the dot but the AI is getting me for about ~50%.

might as well add this to the strategy section Marvie...

HOW TO WIN FACEOFFS LIKE THE VISUALIZER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRIPS

-the backhand grip one works a lot better against CPU's

-the forehand grip "scoop" works better against humans unless they have a way better faceoff rating

NOTE: your chances of winning the faceoff increase a lot depending on how early you "declare" a grip. As soon as you possibly can you want to set your grip, forehand or backhand, this may give you the slight advantage you need to win if you and your opponent's faceoff ratings are similar and both of you use the correct timings.

NOTE: the forehand grip "scoop" in the defensive zone if done with even average timing pretty much prevents a human opponent from doing the faceoff deke successfully

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIMING

NOTE: remember you can aim your faceoff wins. This is especially important in the offensive zone. Don't flick the RS down to win, flick it diagonally down towards which defensemen you want the puck to go to.

-Use the backhand grip to get a puck back to the defenseman standing behind you on your forehand side

-Use the forehand scoop to get a puck back to the defenseman standing behind you on your backhand side

TIMINGS

-you also have to get the timings right, I break it down into 3 possibilities:

1) Early - this is the earliest you can possibly to win the draw, basically you are flicking the RS when the ref moves his hand to drop the puck.

2) Medium - flick the stick right before the puck hits the ice

3) Late - flick the stick after the puck hits the ice

The normal correct timings for each zone are:

Offensive Zone: Early
Center Ice: Late
Defensive Zone: Medium

NOTE: The timings all depend on the network connection, lag and host advantage. I usually start the game trying the regular timings. If they don't seem to be working I'll adjust all of them up or down a notch and try another timing, for example

HOW TO ADJUST YOUR TIMING

NORMAL TIMING
Offensive Zone: Early
Center Ice: Late
Defensive Zone: Medium

-I'll usually try to go one step faster in all 3 zones if the normal timings don't work so I'll try:

FASTER TIMING
Offensive Zone: Early (you can't get any faster)
Center Ice: Medium
Defensive Zone: Early

-if that doesn't work then you go a notch slower on all:

SLOWER TIMING
Offensive Zone: Medium
Center Ice: Late (can't get any slower)
Defensive Zone: Late

NOTE: generally one of the 3 will work, usually the NORMAL or FASTER timings. Once you figure it out you can dominate faceoffs for the rest of the game as long as you remember to focus on which timing is correct on every faceoff

COUNTERS

-If you can't get the timing or your human opponent has too great an advantage with his faceoff attribute rating you have to rely on the counters (forehand stick lift, backhand stick lift, tieup). You have to check your opponent's grip before trying one though.

-If they use the forehand grip, the tie-up pretty much wont work at all. The forehand stick lift works best followed by the backhand stick lift

-If they use the backhand grip, the forehand stick lift doesn't work. The tie-up works best followed by the backhand stick lift.

Red_Man

People who fuck around with the whole ready thing in pregame lobbies need to be shot in the face with a shotgun /rant I'm done venting now

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
People who fuck around with the whole ready thing in pregame lobbies need to be shot in the face with a shotgun /rant I'm done venting now
OTP lobbies definitely need a huge overhaul.

TheVisualizer said:
I may not look like the man, but I've been studying his play style in the clip below and have def pulled that move off in EASHL a few times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAQQyNw1lg

ugh.
I'm pretty sure you've pulled that off a few times.

I've noticed that when the opposing team is on a Penalty Kill, they seem to have a higher percentage of faceoff wins.

I'll backhand scoop a lot in Center ice or near the defensive blue line neutral zone. Then I'll tend to do the faceoff deke near the offensive blue line neutral zone.

Forehand scoop seems to take too long to execute and i'll only do that in the offensive zone. I can't figure out how to do the faceoff win where you put your back into the other player and make the pass to the defenseman, but that seems to create a lot of space for that second pass.

Montresor

TheVisualizer said:
give Montresor #2 Marvie

Cool move, Viz! <3

djm

This sounds fun. I just got into hockey this last post-season after pressure from a friend, but after it was all over I wanted more so I picked up NHL 10 on the cheap. I've been screwing around on that getting the basics down. I suck at scoring so I've been focusing more on defense, and that's been fun so far.

I wouldn't mind joining up to fill any gaps after the initial rush of launch week, while getting familiar in the unranked online games.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
is laserbot (snakeswithlasers) coming back for nhl 12??? i know he was my best man at my wedding but i guess we hardly talk anymore.
He said he preordered the game already so I guess that means he is.

Red_Man said:
Games tonight?
I'll play if people like milly actually show up when they say they will.

djm said:
This sounds fun. I just got into hockey this last post-season after pressure from a friend, but after it was all over I wanted more so I picked up NHL 10 on the cheap. I've been screwing around on that getting the basics down. I suck at scoring so I've been focusing more on defense, and that's been fun so far.

I wouldn't mind joining up to fill any gaps after the initial rush of launch week, while getting familiar in the unranked online games.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30258065&postcount=2

;)

Red_Man

I wanna get some games in tonight, I'm really happy with my re-vamped player and its impossible to get tired of wrecking people.

Top Bottom