• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Timepiece Thread Of Fine Wristwatches

I am a BIG Locman Italy fan. I love the Italian design and unique fashion froward looks of it.
A big line with a wide range of styles

comunicato-web-2.jpg

file_58.jpg

locman_2009.jpg

locman.jpg

Locman%20Toscano.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The Tag Heuers are very nice. I am just looking for something a little more . . . unique I guess? Metal and stern have never really been my things. The Nomos I have is the perfect example of what I'm looking for in terms of being understated but not staid. Don't know if that exists in casual watches though.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
AstroLad said:
The Tag Heuers are very nice. I am just looking for something a little more . . . unique I guess? Metal and stern have never really been my things. The Nomos I have is the perfect example of what I'm looking for in terms of being understated but not staid. Don't know if that exists in casual watches though.
Really, you should give the Explorer a try. Other choices would be the Sinn 556 or Sinn 656 on strap or bracelet:

2ij1ziq.jpg

sinn556f_1783_detail.jpg

sinn656strap_2257_detail.jpg

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=302&idcategory=0

Nothing fancy yet but I'm collecting G-shocks at the moment.

GA-100-1A1(Stealth Ana-Digi) on the right and the GW-6900-1(Digi, Solar Atomic) on the right. Both are about 47 - 50MM wide but they are very light. Surprised with how light G-Shocks are. Probably gonna add a Riseman or Frogman next week after graduation.
2up7592.jpg

i1hdfp.jpg

dy3imb.jpg

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if this is appropriate for this thread (I'll delete my post if it is) but I'm trying to sell my Suunto Observer Titanium (click for more information)

5xvku1.jpg

PM me if you're interested. I opened the box, but the watch is unworn.

Chinner

Banned
I'm looking for a new watch. I really like the simplicity found in watches like Stowa and Nomos, but christ, their prices are far out of my range :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Chinner said:
I'm looking for a new watch. I really like the simplicity found in watches like Stowa and Nomos, but christ, their prices are far out of my range :(
Stowa is pretty reasonable. I think I got mine for like 350 or 400. This may still be out of range but it's way less than Nomos and the like.

RevoDS

I'm getting a watch for my birthday later this month, from my parents. Started looking around this week, and I already saw a few that seem nice and within the price range. But I have a question about water resistance.

Every single piece of jewellery I have, I like not having to worry about them; as such, I wear them at all times, including when sleeping, swimming, showering/bathing, etc. I'm not a big swimmer though, I mostly swim in my/friends' pools. I'm looking to do the same with my watch. So what kind of water resistance should I be aiming for? Will anything do, or should I get at least 50m? 100m? More?

Guevara

youta said:
seiko.jpeg

Pretty simple, not too pricey (cheaper than the Oris, for sure, but battery-powered), liking it so far.

Really nice. I also like it on that strap. Canvas is a life-saver in the summer (compared to leather).

Numpt3

KingOfSoap said:
MG_5297.JPG

I got the left one, great watch, saw it in Wired magazine and instantly wanted it. Got 2 Seiko's two, but they are soo boring compared to this.
I have the purple one, the mrs got it me for christmas, love that watch.

kharma45

2vugdfk.jpg

From L-R

Citizen Eco-Drive, some Tissot which I've no clue what the model is, an old Omega Constellation and a crappy Casio one I used for Duke of Ed hikes.

RevoDS

Well I went shopping them with my parents tonight, and decided on which one to get (it's actually my first watch that isn't a cheap sub-$50 Casio or something) I settled for the Citizen Eco-Drive BL8000-54L which while it was a little over my gift budget, I decided to cover the excess because, simply put, it was the one I wanted. I'm the kind of person that has trouble settling for less once I find something that completely caters to my tastes...you know, when you start finding all kinds of defects to every other you see? :lol
Thank god a Rolex didn't catch my eye or something :p

watchciti.jpg

195927001169667038542109_0_0.jpg

1745_l.jpg

I used promo pics because since it's a gift, I can't actually use mine for a little while :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i have that one too :D

be aware the face is quite thick. very very nice watch though, especially for the price

T-Matt

Looking for a durable watch for various activities(running, biking, yard work etc..) Thinking about one of the G-shocks but not sure what model. Any recommendations?

T-matt
Try the Mudman or the 6900 or 5600 series - Try kohl's cause they usually have 30% off sales + another 30% off stacked on if you have a Kohl's card and the coupons they send weekly. Amazon would probably the best place to buy since they'll be less than retail.

5600/6900 are some of the more popular G-shock designs

The G-7900 series is also nice-Tide graph/lunar phase/age
http://www.zappos.com/g-shock-rescue-series-black

mudman(buttons are sealed so mud/other debris doesn't get in through the buttons seams
http://www.zappos.com/g-shock-mudman-g9000-mudman-black-resin

Summer watch. Nice and colorful
14e9i5u.jpg

T-Matt

Thank you for the suggestions! I might be leaning towards the mudman at the moment.

That lime green G-Shock of yours is incredibly cool. I didn't know they even made them in such colors.

I want to get a cool black metal watch. I've been looking around, and I really liked the Steinhart Ocean.

4729468070_890c3a59e8.jpg

OnkelC (or anyone here), do you have any experience with Steinhart (I've read good things)? Also, you mostly own automatic watches instead of quartz. Is it relatively easy to live with an automatic watch? Do you just have to adjust it every couple of days to stay in line?

Cloudy

Banned
Anyone have the newer design Casio g-shock? They are analog+digital and come in various clors. I'm typically a Fossil guy but they are HOT!!!

ga110b-1a2_xlarge.jpg

Do want!!!!

KingGondo

Banned
Wow, this thread really turned me on to the Stowa Marine... Maybe when I pass the bar, I'll buy myself a little present. :D

Not a big watch person, but Stowas are absolutely beautiful.

T-Matt said:
Thank you for the suggestions! I might be leaning towards the mudman at the moment.

That lime green G-Shock of yours is incredibly cool. I didn't know they even made them in such colors.

There is always another road.

JY1T1.jpg

Cereal KiIIer said:
I think this is the first F1 that I like. Not to flashy but still sporty enough. Great choice.

Agreed. I like it a lot.

I decided against the Steinhart. Nice watches apparently, but I wanted something a bit more special (and I've decided since trying some black metal watches out that they tend to look better in pictures than on my wrist). I decided that since it appeared back in stock I'd get a watch I had been eying ever since I saw this thread. Soon I will have a Sinn UX GSG9. Very excited.

As mentioned, the Sinn was on its way. Well, it arrived today. I put it in the case for a photo. I will take an on-the-wrist shot outdoors when lighting is good. Click thumbnail for larger view.

This watch is amazing. I'm pretty sure it's the most solid piece of anything I've owned. There is so much detail and care put into its design. It is quite nice of Sinn to make the lugs on the bracelet hex cut. That, and I got two hex keys which allowed me to easily resize the band.

Chinner

Banned
so I ordered my Stowa in early June and a month on and I'm still waiting. Looks like I'll be getting it anywhere between November and December :lol .

nitewulf

These are some of mine.

What I wear everyday:

diesel.jpg

Seiko - A gift:

seiko.jpg

Movado - Gift to self, after I got my job:

movado1.jpg

movado2.jpg

Cerruti 1881 - Another gift:

cerrutim3.jpg

cerrutim2.jpg

Custom Made Swiss Watch - Another gift to myself:

custom1.jpg

custom2.jpg

Bought this week.
My first mechanical chronograph.
A vintage Breitling Sprint 2000, i was pretty lucky to get it: the sir that bought it before me brought it back to the shop to get a more expensive one since he had the approval from his wife, so now that beauty is mine:

Just bought my first "real" (i.e. not child's) watch today.

41jogTaqQ-L._SL500_.jpg

Apparently this company is having a firesale; all their watches are 60-90% off on Amazon. This is a $300 watch I got for $60 :D get 'em while they'r e hot!

yeah, I know that this is waaaaay below the standards of this thread, but I'm a poor college student

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm looking to get my first actual grown up watch. I've got my heart set on an Omega, but simply cannot afford the Seamaster Planet Ocean (Daniel Craig's watch) that I want. I was looking into getting a used Bond Seamaster (Brosnan era) for about $1000. Then the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 caught my eye......it's like trying to decide between a DBS and a DB9, how do you choose?!?

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
I had a Stowa Marine Automatic a few years back, it was a great watch for the money, I couldn't bond with it, so i sold it.

Edit: pics
smallCIMG4878.jpg

smallCIMG4879.jpg

smallCIMG4882.jpg

smallCIMG4887.jpg

smallCIMG4888.jpg

smallCIMG4919.jpg

ChanHuk said:
I'm looking to get my first actual grown up watch. I've got my heart set on an Omega, but simply cannot afford the Seamaster Planet Ocean (Daniel Craig's watch) that I want. I was looking into getting a used Bond Seamaster (Brosnan era) for about $1000. Then the Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 caught my eye......it's like trying to decide between a DBS and a DB9, how do you choose?!?
Get the Seamaster.

KingGondo

Banned
OnkelC said:
I had a Stowa Marine Automatic a few years back, it was a great watch for the money, I couldn't bond with it, so i sold it.
Is getting the chronometer add-on worth it? Extra $250 seems pretty hefty for something I probably won't even notice...

Edit: Thanks for posting the pics as well, just a beautiful watch!

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
KingGondo said:
Is getting the chronometer add-on worth it? Extra $250 seems pretty hefty for something I probably won't even notice...
Stowas are usually regulated quite well, but the added COSC certificate increases the resale value.
timekeeping-wise, the best regulation is killed when you accidentally bump into a doorframe with the watch or similar knocks.

KingGondo

Banned
OnkelC said:
Stowas are usually regulated quite well, but the added COSC certificate increases the resale value.
timekeeping-wise, the best regulation is killed when you accidentally bump into a doorframe with the watch or similar knocks.
Thanks, much appreciated. Very nice that GAF has a resident watchophile. :)

Top Bottom