• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

1. Wildstar*
2. Destiny
3. The Order
4. MLB The Show
5. MGS V
6. The Witcher 3
7. Mario Kart 8**
8. Driveclub
9. Watch_Dogs
10.Super Smash Bros.**

*I need another MMO to sink into. This one seems to be the closest to meeting that...crossing my fingers.

**Something about these Nintendo exclusives in HD on the Wii U really has me stoked.

Quake1028

1.Metal Gear Solid V
2.Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC)
3.World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
4.MLB 14: The Show
5.Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
6.Kentucky Route Zero
7.Bravely Default
8.Kirby: Triple Deluxe
9.Infamous: Second Son
10.Mario Golf: World Tour

Metal Gear is my favorite series of all time = )

AppleBlade

1. The Witcher 3: Openworld WRPG’s are my favorite genre and this looks like something I could lose myself in.

2. Infamous Second Son: Loved both Infamous games so I am hyped for this one.

3. Watch Dogs: It was my most anticipated game of this holiday season, the delay has dropped my hype a bit.

4. The Evil Within: Resident Evil series is one of my favorite series of all time (RE 2 is one of my favorite games of all time

5. Order 1886: Do not know much about it, but the setting is right up my alley.

6. Thief: Atmospheric games set in interesting worlds will always get some attention from.

7. The Witness: I am not a big Indie guy but everything I see about this game screams magical.

8. MGS V: MGS series has lost me in recent years, but Kojima made 2 of my top 10 games of all time (Snatcher and MGS) so I will check it out.

9. Dragon Age: Inquisition: I’m not a huge bioware fan but I love WRPG’s so I’m in.

10. Borderlands 2 (Vita): The Vita is my most played platform. I have an infant and a 2 year old and a wife who like to watch TV with me so naturally, it is the platform I can get the most gaming on. Thankfully I did not play this on consoles so it will be a brand new experience to me on portables.

Notes:
- If Fallout 4 is real and is coming out next year, that goes to number 1 on this list.

- Next gen Naughty Dog game would be number 1 if it comes next year (except for Fallout 4, that will supersede Uncharted).

- If Gravity Rush 2 comes out next year, that would replace Borderlands 2

- All of these games are awesome, but realistically I won’t be able to play even my top 10 because of my hectic life, what I probably will play are all those Indie games coming to Vita. I’m not even a huge Indie guy but Vita is my top platform so those are probably what I’ll end up playing. Heck, maybe I will be a big indie fan by the end of this year.

- Nintendo is absent from this list because I am so tired of their idiotic BS. I have a Wii U and a son who is starting to game. My dream was to play Mario Kart and Smash Brothers with him but various issues and limitations with Nintendo’s hardware and software services has really soured me on them. I hope the Wii U tanks hard and they get some new leadership. I want to like Nintendo so bad, they just need to stop being so behind and backwards on everything.

jond76

Banned
1. Sunset Overdrive- looks like it'll be a fun crackdown-esque game (hopefully).

2. The Division- I love me some abandoned cities, so I'm very curious how much of New York area they are gonna have modeled.

3. Dying Light- loved the Dead Islands. Loved ME. I'm in.

4. Routine- moon base scary adventure? Yup.

5. Lifeless Planet- another game, like Routine, that totally hooks me with its premise.

6. No Man's Sky (hopefully)

7. Titanfall- should be good fun.

8. Quantum Break- hopefull about this one.

9. ... 10. ???

1.Smash Bros. Wii U - It's Smash. Every release has been better and better for me.

2.Monolith X - I love everything Monolithsoft releases. I really, really loved Xenoblade.

3.Hyrule Warriors - Dynasty Warriors 8 is my 2013 game of the year. The series has made great leaps in the last few years. Also, I really like Zelda.

4.Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - I liked XIII quite a lot and I liked XIII-2 even more.

5.South Park: The Stick of Truth - All I need to say is South Park + Paper Mario.

6.Dark Souls II - It's crazy I can enjoy a game so much without ever completing it.

7.Bayonetta 2 - I consider 1 to be the best action game...of all time.

8.Mario Kart 8 - Looks gorgeous. Have not been disappointed by a Mario Kart game yet.

9.The Evil Within - I Really, Really want more survival horror games. I generally like survival horror games no matter how bad they turn out to be.

10.Persona 5 - Probably won't come to the US in 2014 but here is to hoping.

I would put the next Zelda game but A)It probably won't release in 2014 and B) I can't get too excited about a game I have never seen(Person 5 notwithstanding).

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze : Retro Studios has yet to make a game I don't absolutely love and Donkey Kong Country Returns I think is one of the best platformers ever. I can't help being hella excited, even if it ends up being more of the same.

2. Titanfall : Definitely looks fun; I just hope it doesn't turn into a annual franchise like CoD.

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth : It's South Park, and I just really feel like playing a funny RPG.

4. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U : Love Smash Bros. This would be higher but we still haven't seen a whole lot of the game and none of my favorite characters have been revealed.

5. Mario Golf: World Tour : Though I kinda wish it was an RPG, I've always loved the Mario Golf games.

Mifune

Mehmber
1. The Witness: Braid was one of my favorite games of this generation, so I'm automatically interested. Throw in the fact that it's an open-world puzzle game, Tom Bissell saying it's a "game changer," and my love of Myst -- this is looking like a dream game scenario.

2. Octodad: Played this at IndieCade, and it was great. Hilarious, silly, fun to play and watch.

3. Transistor: I really liked Bastion, and the one thing that kept me from completely loving it - the combat - looks much more interesting here.

4. Broken Age: Great concept, great studio, great voice talent. Trailer is beautiful. Hope my crappy computer can run it.

5. Below: It just looks gorgeous.

Destiny
TitanFall
Infamous: Second Son
Watch_Dogs
The Division
DriveClub
The Order 1886
MGS5
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Halo 5

Gonna be a good year for gaming.

LordCanti

1. Dark Souls II : Sequel to my GOTG contender. Easily the most hype I've felt for anything since....The Last Guardian ;_;

2. Metal Gear Solid 5 : I love MGS and all that Kojima wackiness. Put it in my veins.

3. Titanfall : COD got old for me back with MW2 and I'm desperate for a new FPS jam.

I could put a lot more on the list, but I don't want to go research what is and isn't actually slated to come out. The Last Guardian would top that list, if we're all in agreement that getting it out in calendar 2014 is probably what Sony is intending. It's not official though, so off the list it goes. Star Citizen will still be in some sort of nebulous paid-beta by the end of the year, so it's kind of out.

Teddified

1. Infamous: Second Son - Looking forward to this the most since I love Infamous 1+2. And can't wait to see what all the powers are.
2. The Witcher 3 - I beat Witcher 1 and started 2, but my computer really isn't good enough. But I loved the games so far and hope to beat 2 before 3 comes out
3. The Order 1886 - Somewhat unsure about it, but everything I've seen so far excites me.
4. Watch_Dogs - Was going to get it at launch but since it was delayed it lost some of it's excitement.
5. #Driveclub - I'll be getting it for free with PS+ so I'm excited to see if it's good enough for me to upgrade or get any DLC.

These are the ones I know I'll get. Everything else is sort of up in the air since I don't know when it's coming or don't know much about.

Regiruler

1. Monolith Soft Wii U project (X); I am excited not just for the game itself, but the interest and press it can bring to the system. The open world is stunning and the dolls are a sight to behold.
2. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PC); It's coming out in two weeks of course I'm hyped for it
3. Shovel Knight; I've been following development closely and everything seems top-notch. The gameplay is flawless, and the world is full of nooks and crannies. The effort is already visible.
4. Bayonetta 2; After naming W101 as my GOTY, I have every reason to follow Platinum Game's next Wii U project closely.
5. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies; Miracle Mask's ending left the story on a cliffhanger, and I can't wait to resolve it.
6. Mario Kart 8; IT'S FUCKING MARIO KART ON THE CEILING
7. Smash Bros 4; I'm cautiously optimistic. I actually enjoyed the SSE, and I'm not a hugely competitive person so some of the changes are meaningless for me. This number would change if hades was a confirmed playable character, but for now it's eh.
8. Infamous Second Son; I enjoyed the franchise on the PS3, but the reason it's not higher on the list is because I don't have a PS4 at the current moment.

AmorFati

Neo Member
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; Intriguing story meets a dynamic and beautifully ambitious open world. The Witcher 2 floored me -- I expect the same from its sequel.
2. Dark Souls II; The prospect of more Dark Souls is incredibly exciting in itself for me.
3. Infamous: Second Son; Looks insanely fun. This will be my que to get a PS4.
4. The Order: 1886 Fascinating setting, complimented by my confidence in Ready at Dawn's game design has me hyped. Pleaseeeee don't disappoint.
5. The Witness; Beautiful and different. Braid was fantastic, here's hoping it's the game changer it could be.
6. Transistor; Seemingly Bastion with a stunning sci-fi art design and clever combat system.
7. Rime; Not quite sure what to expect to be honest, but its Ico meets Journey concept is enough to peak my interest.
8. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes; A taste for The Phantom Pain. Can't wait.

This list is getting me giddy.

I could put a lot more on the list, but I don't want to go research what is and isn't actually slated to come out. The Last Guardian would top that list, if we're all in agreement that getting it out in calendar 2014 is probably what Sony is intending. It's not official though, so off the list it goes. Star Citizen will still be in some sort of nebulous paid-beta by the end of the year, so it's kind of out.
I intentionally put references for all the games coming next year in the OP so you don't have to 'research' anything lol.

1) The Witcher 3: I hope the expansion to an open world doesn't make the game feel like a 2 inch deep ocean. They should try to remove some of the more tedious quests (destroy 5 random monster nests etc). Baltimore's Nightmare and Mystic River were such great side quests, I am hoping for more along those lines.

2) Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: This time I won't have to wait for a 3DS version because the Wii U version should (hopefully) have non-waggle controls for roll jump.

That's about it for me I think. Everything else I will need more information,forum opinions and reviews.

So many great games coming in 2014. Lots of portable goodness (on 3DS and Vita/PSP), some swansongs from last gen, and the new consoles hitting their stride. It was hard to narrow the list down to 10, but here it is:

1. Persona 5: My most anticipated game probably won't even come out in the US in 2014, but I don't care. Persona 4 is my favorite game, so there was no way this wasn't getting my top vote.
2. Dark Souls 2: Dark Souls is probably my GOTG, so of course I'm looking forward to the sequel.
3. X: Sequel to one of the best RPGs ever? Yes, please.
4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter: XSEED's localization effort amazed me with the first chapter. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: DKCR was one of my favorite games on the Wii, and I love this series. Can't wait to jump back into the sequel.
6. inFAMOUS: Second Son: Never played the first inFAMOUS but 2 was fantastic and this game looks gorgeous.
7. Bravely Default: A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy (not counting XIV: ARR because that shit is awesome).
8. Super Smash Bros. Wii U: I probably won't be in college anymore when this releases (scary thought), so I can't see it being as fun as Brawl was during dorm-life, but its still Smash and that's awesome.
9. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: A murder mystery visual novel with gameplay similar to Ace Attorney and developed by Spike? That all sounds fantastic.
10. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number: I will play this if only for the soundtrack.

Skinpop

1. Dark Souls 2 - loved DaS, afraid this won't live up to the hype but if it does! oh man
2. Persona 5 - will probably be released in 2015 but w/e
3. The Evil Within - Not the biggest fan of horror games, but Mikami is a legend.

UrbanRats

1) The Witcher 3: Because it looks insane, it'll probably play great, the story sound intriguing and the art direction is fantastic, plus it's open world.

2) Hotline Miami 2: Because the first one was one of my favorite games this generation.

3) Routine: the setting and visual design are beautiful, hopefully the game will be good, too.

4) The Witness: I loved Braid, this looks just as intriguing.

5) Dark Souls 2: The beta was underwhelming for me, but it's still a Souls game.

6) X : Looks interesting and incredibly pretty, for a WiiU game(actually, in general it looks good).

7) The Forest: Looks like a proper creepy game, with some impressive production values for an indie title.

8) The Evil Within: Everything shown so far wasn't impressive at all, but i still have some faith left for Mikami and his "focus".

9) Mad Max: I like the franchise, and i like Just Cause 2, but i'm not really sold on it yet, after all JC2 wasn't exactly good for its elegant design.

10) Ghost Song: i pledged to it, so i guess it makes sense to put it in. :p The game looks pretty cool, and i'm anticipating it, even though we haven't seen that much yet, aside from a very small slice and a couple of animations.

Honorable mention: GTAV PC, so i can mod out the various shit ideas the console version had.

EDIT: Is Rime coming in 2014?

BBboy20

1. Persona 5: Hopefully 5 years in the making

2. Lily Bergamo: So far the one game that will get me a PS4 ASAP if it's announced here.

3. Bayonetta 2: I still don't have a WiiU.

4. Infamous: Second Son: Always following the trail of Sucker Punch.

5. Hotline Miami 2: Ultra-Violence '90s Edition

6. The Order: 1886: I am a fan of Daxter but I never cared much for their God of War titles but after seeing that Game Informer video about them, I have new found respect for them. Doesn't help that the game may shake things up for the 3rd Person Shooter Genre.

7. Persona 4 Dance All NIght: I'll have to admit, that rendition of "Pursuing My True Self?" really got to me.

8. Murasaki Baby: The Vita game from the actual director of Shadows of the Damned

9. Destiny: Well, let's see if Bungie can really take over the world.

10. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes: Might have been 1. on the list if it wasn't for the potential downfall the game been revealing itself to be ever since the vague reasons for the lack of David Hayter came to be.

Belgorim

Not much announced yet that I am interested in, I guess Hearthstone should have official release?

1. Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition: If I buy a Ps4, else RoS for PC is the obvious answer, probably wont be a higher quality game released next year.
2. Hearthstone: Already play beta though

A new game is kind of a lot for me in a year though, will still play the same games I usualy play :)

Also interested in anything Civilization or Galactic Civilization. Or X-Com if it is more like the original and not so insanely scripted.
Dragon Age could be fun if it is more in line with BG.

Edited: Forgot no expansions, so RoS for PC is out.

Omikaru

1. Persona 5 : It's been a long wait for this. Endless Tuesdays on PersonaGAF waiting for the reveal in Famitsu, and in the end Atlus decided to announce it on a troll webstream. I want to see more, obviously, but after Persona 3, Persona 4 and Catherine, I will buy pretty much anything Hashino, Meguro and Soejima are collaborating on.
2. Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc : I've been itching for a visual novel for a while, and Danganronpa looks to scratch that itch. People who have played the Japanese version or the fan translation all say it's good, so I'm prepared to take their word on that and pre-order this.
3. X : I haven't really liked my Wii U much. Despite the games that have been released to critical acclaim, I've either not been even remotely interested in them (Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101) or actually didn't like them when I finally got around to playing them (Super Mario 3D World), but I am legitimately excited for X. Depending on how Nintendo reacts to continually disappointing sales, Wii U may not have a good future for owners of the system, but at least it goes out with a bang if X lives up to what's been shown off so far.
4. Bayonetta 2 : Pretty much the only reason I bought a Wii U at first. Bayonetta was brilliant, so I'm obviously excited for its sequel.
5. inFamous: Second Son : The first two inFamous games were a bit janky, but I think Sucker Punch puts a lot of love into everything they make, and that goes a long way with me. One thing the inFamous games were not was bland, and I think Second Son will carry on that trend. It's pretty much the perfect first year of a console's life exclusive, and I expect the series will finally get the attention it deserves because of it.
6. The Witness : Jonathan Blow has me as a customer for life after Braid. I love this man's devotion to making a great game, and from what he's shown us of The Witness it will be just as brilliant as Braid when all's said and done.
7. Guilty Gear Xrd : I couldn't believe this was a fucking 3D game after seeing the trailer. Mindbending stuff. I haven't played a game in this series before, but I do like Arc System Works so I'm going to give this series a shot.
8. Transistor : I loved everything about Bastion. Its narrative was unique in its telling, its art style was distinctive and its gameplay was meatier than some AAA games on its release year. Transistor looks like they're taking everything I liked about Bastion, and putting it into a genre and with an aesthetic that I am bananas about. This is a no-brainer instabuy for me.
9. Volume : I liked Thomas Was Alone. It was a sweet little game that made me feel attached to different shaped and coloured blocks, which is a testament to its strong writing. Volume looked cool, but it wasn't until I met its creator, Mike Bithell, at Eurogamer and we talked for a good 10 minutes about how awesome the old Metal Gear Solid games were that I knew this man knew what he was doing by making a stealth game. I love stealth, so this could easily be a GOTY contender if Persona 5 doesn't make it into English in 2014.
10. Broken Age : Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert's games defined my childhood. They shaped my sense of humour, made me appreciate good writing better than any book could, and fostered a love affair with games that has lasted until I turned 26 back in October, and doesn't show any signs of stopping. So of course, when Tim Schafer said he wanted to drag me kicking and screaming back to my childhood with a 2D point & click adventure game, I jumped on the opportunity to back this project. Fortunately, it got more money than they could ever imagine, and now we're looking at a high budget 2D adventure game that dwarfs pretty much any 2D adventure game anyone has made in the last 10 years, as far as production values go. I am super fucking excited for this one.

Honestly, with the exception of Persona 5 at the top, 2-10 are all interchangeable as far as hype goes. 2014 is looking to be an incredible year; I can't wait!

1. The Order 1886 - Sounds like one of the few truly 'next-gen' titles next year, unconstrained by the limits of the old generation. What really excites me is the talk of the physics-based gameplay/combat, and who is behind it.

2. Wasteland 2 - Because...it's Wasteland!

3. DriveClub - This for me is the first 'next-gen' racer in development. Looks incredible. Massive environments are stunning what with the dynamic lighting.

1. Monolith's X - It's a Xenoblade like world in HD with mechs. Awesome.
2. Smash Bros. for 3DS - Great artstile, great newcomers, Smash to go.
3. Smash Bros. for WiiU - Great newcomers, faster gameplay, Smash in HD.
4. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - It's Retro, no arguments needed.
5. Dark Souls 2 - I just finished Dark Souls for PC. Amazing game, crappy port.
6. The Witcher 3 - Looks fantastic. I will eventually buy a new PC for this and Dark Souls II.
7. Ghost Song - After playing Guacamelee I can't wait for the next Metroidvania-Game
8. Cryamore - Well, I pledged it^^
9. A Hat in Time - Because nobody else is listing it and this game deserves some attention

Labadal

1. Pillars of Eternity : My most anticipated game of 2014. Spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate II, developed by Obsidian Entertainment. Real time with pause combat, 6 man party, 2D rendered backgrounds and an awesome writing team.
2. Divinity: Original Sin : Turn-based role playing game in the Divinity series.
3. South Park: The Stick of Truth : Developed by Obsidian Entertainment and has Paper Mario inspired gameplay.
4. Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter : I completed the first chapter earlier this year. The game was a bit slow, but the last few hours and the ending made me really want to play this.
5. Wasteland 2 : Turn-based post apocalyptic role playing game.
6. Dragon Age: Inquisition : I enjoyed DA:O and thought DA2 was a disappointment. After altering my expectations, I think what I have seen looks good.
7. The Banner Saga : Turn based strategy rpg with beautiful backgrounds and a decent combat system. Hopefully it also has a good story.
8. Tales of Xillia 2 : I'm enjoying playing Tales of Xillia. I've read that the sequel is also good.
9. Blackguards : I own the Early Access version, only played a little, but have high hopes for the full release.
10. Grim Dawn : The same as the above. Only played for an hour, but it has potential to be really good.

Rivver

Banned
1. Dragon Age: Inquisition : I really liked the first in the series. Didn't really play the second. Have high hopes for the third.
2. The Order: 1886
3. inFAMOUS: Second Son
4. Watch Dogs
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

turnbuckle

1. Persona 5 - P3P & P4:Golden were nice surprises for me. I was LttP on the series, but I won't let that happen for 5!
2. PersonaQ - Love Etrian Odyssey. Love Persona. Not much else to say.
3. Bravely Default - Would rank higher but MT's leave a bad taste. Game looks and sounds incredible though.
4. Smash Bros Wii U - Hope it's done right. Melee's one of my favorite games; Brawl one of the most disappointing. If they nail it, it'll knock me off the Wii U fence.
5. MLB The Show 2014 - Only my fear of MTs, Universal Currency, and new generation hiccups give me pause. If not for those fears, this would be #2 on my list.
6. Drakengard 3 - Told this is spiritual sequel to Nier. Never cared for Drakengard, was floored by Nier. If Nier comparison is apt, this will be a lovely surprise.
7. Destiny - MMOish FPS developed by Bungie? This could be a GOTY contender for me, but I'm usually terrible at FPS so we'll see. Very excited though.
8. Reaper of Souls Might be the game I play the most if it lives up to the hype I have. It's an expansion on a game I played way too much of, so it gets docked a few notches.
9. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD - Never finished the first one, owned but never played the second. Wish it were cross-buy. If it were it'd be in my top 3, since it's not I'm stuck unsure of which version to buy.
10. Dark Souls 2 - Because everyone else is listing it and I've always been interested in the series. Own Demon Souls but never played it...I'll start with DS2

Travado

Persona 5 (PS3)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
X (WiiU)
Infamous Second Son (PS4)
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls (PS4)
The Witch and the Hundred Knights (PS3)
Starbound (PC)
Deep Down (PS4)

And finally...

The Last Guardian (PS4?) - Because its from Ueda, do I need to explain more? Believe!

Honorable mentions:

Super Smash Bros 4 (WiiU)
Bayonetta 2 (WiiU)
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (PS3)
South Park The Stick of Truth (PS3)
Rime (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS4 please)
Gravity Rush 2 (Vita)
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS. Please HD version on Wii U too)
Toukiden (Vita)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita)

1. Bayonetta 2 : I don't usually play these type of games, but I loved the first one to death. Definitely my most anticipated title.
2. Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS : Smash Bros finally in HD and in handheld.
3. Mario Kart 8 : Looks amazing
4. World of Warcraft- Warlords of Draenor : The announcement got me pumped as fuck
5. Halo 5 : I actually liked Halo 4, so I want this one as well
6. Titanfall : Definitely picking up for Xbox One, if it's not exclusive to Origin, I'll double dip on PC if the game is really good
7. Quantum Break : I need this
8. Donkey Kong Country- Tropical Freeze : The last one was great and I have a feeling the music in this will have some real gems
9. X : Because X
10. Uncharted : Although I felt Uncharted 3 was very lackluster and although it seems that the same team are doing this one as well, I'm still hyped for it.

To heck with the "no expansions" and "up in the air release date" rule.

1. X ; DAT trailer. You know, it's made by the guys of Xenoblade, my favourite jrpg ever
2. Bayonetta 2 ; I want to see if it's better than the Won-stoppable Wonderful 101.

Kalamoj

1, MGS:GZ - new Metal Gear, automatically jumps the top of my list
2, Drakengard 3 - love the series, especially the sick characters
3, South Park SoT - sp and Obsidian?, take my money!
4, FFX/X-2 Vita - cannot wait to play it again, miles better than SE's 7th gen output
5, The RPG Shaid teased a few weeks ago - I have a little hope that the game is FF Type0
remastered for Vita

Ryuuken

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition - customize character, choices and the reason why I´m a huge Bioware fan -> party members
2. South Park SoT
3. Tales of Xillia 2
4. Castlevania 2
5. Persona 5
6. Wolf Among Us
7. Walking Dead Season 2

jyoung188

1. The Witcher 3
2. Dark Souls 2
3. MGS 5
4. Destiny
5. Watch_Dogs
6. Infamous: Second Son
7. The Division
8. Bayonetta 2
9. Titan Fall
10. Hotline Miami 2

Neoxon

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
2. Persona 5
3. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
4. X
5. Bayonetta 2
6. inFamous: Second Son
7. Uncharted 4
8. Mario Kart 8
9. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
10. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Elginer

1: The Evil Within - Mikami is back to give horror the kick in the pants it needs.
2: Destiny - Huge Bungie fan and after being let down with the latest Halo, I'm excited to see what Bungie can bring with a whole new universe. It's ambitious and huge and I'm excited because of that.
3: The Order 1886 - Reminds me a next-gen Nightmare Creatures. This could be amazing, the universe they're building looks incredible.
4: Dragon Age: Inquisition - Lots of promise and I want to bone everyone LOL
5: Wolfenstein: The New Order - Machine Games formed from ex-Starbreeze are huge ito story and still to this day The Darkness has one of the most shocking and impactful moments in any game I've ever played. The head writer and designer is the lead on The New Order and that sounds all sorts of amazing. The gunplay looks solid with a dash of new school mixed with old school FPS combat. Plus, come on, it's next-gen Natzis.

1) South Park The Stick of Truth: The game was inspired by Paper Mario, even Trey and Matt said so. Seeing the gameplay was like a huge dream come true for me.
2) The Evil Within: I love me some horror games, and this looks like a keeper. It just needs a little more time in the workshop and it'll be fine.
3) J-Stars Victory VS: My favorite characters in one big fighting game. Of course I'm excited for this.
4) Metal Gear Solid V: I'm not a huge MGS fan, but if it's anything like MGS4. I'll gladly be excited for it.
5) Watch Dogs: Looks like a nice spin for an open world game. While the game has had it's faults, I'm still excited for it.
6) Dying Light: I loved Dead Island, so I'll definitely like this.
7) Dark Souls 2: I liked Dark Souls, but I need to see a few reviews before getting hyped for it. I have to see if the game still has that fire in it.
8) Tales of Xillia 2: I'm a big Tales of fan, but I'm not as hyped for this yet. Mostly because I've been on a media blackout for it, but I'm still going to buy it.
9) One Piece Romance Dawn: I like One Piece, and RPG's. I'll give it a shot.
10) Infamous Second Son: I don't like Infamous so much, but the graphics make me want to get it just to see it in action.

Jigolo

1. The Order 1886 - Excited for it because the setting is like nothing I've ever seen before. + with Cut-scene quality graphics to awww at.

2. Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 Remix - After just recently beating KH1.5, I'm glad to finally get into this series. Since I don't know much of anything that happened after 358/2 Days, KH 2.5 is one of my most anticipated games of 2014.

3. Uncharted PS4 - I really have nothing to say here. I just want more Uncharted :s

4. Infamous Second Son - New setting and character have me hyped for this. I liked the first 2 games but I didn't like Cole very much. Judging from the gameplay it looks really fun

5. Persona 5 - Another series I really got into and after playing P4G, I just need my Persona's. P4G is one of the best games I've ever played, I have high hopes for P5

My #2 would be FFXV if it was confirmed. Sadly it's not

1. Dark Souls 2
2. Witcher 3 - Visuals is the only reason so far. Please dont suck like the 2nd game.
3. Destiny
4. The Order 1886
5. The Witness
6. Rime
7. Mario Kart 8
8. Infamous Second Son
9. Titanfall
10. X

Fletcher

1. Titanfall- So far I have heard all the right things that have made this my most anticipated game in a while. A free running FPS involving mechs from the dudes that made CoD4? Sign me up.

2. Persona 5- A new Persona. That's all. THE only reason I'll keep my PS3 out for another year.

3. Witcher 3- Fantastic series, fantastic graphics, fantastic game play. Plus, the release of this will mean we are that much closer to Cyberpunk.

4. Destiny- Really hoping they knock this one out of the park. Their ambition has gotten me excited for what could be with my friends. I'm rooting for this one.

5. Uncharted- This game would be soooo much higher on my list if they hadn't announced it was from the group responsible for Uncharted 3. Even though the third was the worst of the group, to me, I still have high hopes for Nathan Drake and company.

6. Sunset Overdrive- I don't know much about this game, but the teaser they showed has me wanting to know a lot more.

7. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls- I had a great time with D3 and am very much looking forward to diving into this one with my friends.

8. The Division- I want more info, but seems like it could be a great time with my friends.

9. MGS V- The MGS franchise has dipped considerably on my radar as a series I love, but not enough to not be excited for the next installment.

10. The Order- This wouldn't be on my list had I stuck to my original plan of purchasing a PS4 with Uncharted, but having purchased one sooner than expected this game has creeped into my top 10. I'm very much into playing co-op games with friends and monsters. So.....

FourMyle

1. Pillars of Eternity - Spiritual successor to the best RPG of all time, Baldur's Gate 2, and it's being developed by one of the best RPG devs around Obsidian Ent. The game looks and sounds absolutely amazing.
2. Persona 5
3. Tree Of Savior
4. The Order 1886
5. Gundam Extreme Versus Full Boost
6. Destiny
7. The Evil Within
8. Sunset Overdrive
9. Wolfenstein: The New Order
10. Ultra Street Fighter IV

Darklord

Banned
2. Witcher 3 - Visuals is the only reason so far. Please dont suck like the 2nd game.

9qXMx0D.gif

Hrothgar

1. The Witcher 3 : Open-world storytelling goodness with amazing graphics, what more can I ask for? Plus customizable beard for Geralt!
2. Age of Wonders III : Finally!
3. Divinity Original Sin : I am a kickstarter backer and it looks to be a fun lighthearted RPG.
4. The Division : Looks intriguing and I am interested in the PvP gameplay.
5. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor : I am not sure how it will pan out, but I am really starved for good LOTR game. The preview I read looked interesting. Made by Monolith.
6. Everquest Next : The building and destruction options look fantastic, I hope it will deliver as I've been waiting for something this kind of interactivity in games since forever.
7. Dragon Age: Inquisition : Will BioWare redeem itself? I hope so.

Riki

1. Project X : As a huge fan of RPGs in general, and a lover of everything Monolith has put out so far (especially Xenoblade!) X seems to hit every single note for me. It looks like pure perfections.
2. Super Smash Brothers 4 : I've been jonesing for a new Smash game for a while now, and so far Sakurai is giving me dem feels that only he can.
3. Bayonetta 2 : A sequel to the greatest action game in history? How can I not want this? Platinum has proven time and again that they know how to make me weak.
4. Destiny : This is a game that looks really fun and energetic to me. There just seems to be so much going on for a shooter. I just hope we can get it on PC so I can really admire its beauty.
5. Braverly Default : Square Enix has really fallen down as of late. And we weren't even suppose to get this game. But thankfully Nintendo is giving us what looks like the best traditional JRPG in ages.

Top Bottom