• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
1. Pillars of Eternity: My frothing demand for this game knows no bounds
2. Might & Magic X: One of my favorite RPG franchises returns in what looks to be a spectacular return to form.
3. Dark Souls 2: Dark Souls was an unexpected joy, one of my favorite games ever. So yea. Hyped.
4. Legend of Grimrock 2: Grimrock was my 2012 GOTY, so I'm super excited for the follow up.
5. Witcher 3: Love this series, love CDPR.
6. South Park The Stick of Truth: Obsidian, South Park, RPG, Hnnnnggghh.
7. Wasteland 2: Man I'm listing a lot of RPG's, but this looks great.
8. Divinity Original Sin: I'm looking forward to doing a full coop run through with a friend, should be a blast.
9. Elite Dangerous: I was super skeptical about this when it was on Kickstarter but the recent release of the alpha has completely changed my mind. It looks *spectacular*.
10. Broken Age: Tim Schafer point and click adventure, yes please.

1. Destiny

Bungie created one of my favorite series ever with Halo. I played Halo 2 and 3 more than any other games ever. I'm not as into competitive shooters as I was in high-school when the Halo games were huge, so the co-op focus of Destiny really appeals to me.

2. Super Smash Bros. 4

Outside of Halo 2/3, no other game has occupied my time as much as Super Smash Bros. Melee. I wasn't a huge fan of Brawl for various reasons, but I'm hoping SSB4 will bring my love back for the series.

3. Watch Dogs

I loved the Assassin's Creed series, with the exception of 3 they are all games that range from really fun, to great. So I'm really pumped for Ubisoft's next attempt at a big AC like series. The gameplay appears similar in some ways, yet different enough to feel fresh. I would have bought a PS4 this fall to play it, but the delay was significant enough to change that.

4. Infamous: Second Son

I'm enjoying Infamous 2 currently on my first playthrough, but SS looks to take the series to another level. The fact former Bungie genius/designer Jaime Griesemer is the lead designer on this also increases my interest.

5. Titanfall

I go back and forth with this game, but right now I'm in a hype stage. I'm not really sure it will live up to the hype because it really is just an ADS shooter with jetpacks and wallbouncing, but hopefully it can live up the massive hype and do something more than just Call of Duty on steroids.

1. Dark Souls 2 : Just played through Demon's Souls (again) recently. Can't wait for some more of that Souls magic. A bit worried about Miyazaki not being involved, but the game looks good so far.

2. Bayonetta 2 : Loved the original. Like with DS2, a bit worried about Kamiya not being hands-on, but I have faith in Platinum...

3. X : Liked Xenoblade a lot and this looks beautiful. A heavy emphasis on online will plunge this down to the bottom of my list, however.

4. Evil Within : Some of the released footage has looked a bit wonky, but it hasn't diminished my craving for more Japanese survival horror.

5. Shin Megami Tensei IV : Unless the Euro release has been cancelled.

6. Super Smash Bros (Wii U) : Should be great, though I'm worried about the overall character lineup.

7. Mario Kart 8 : Looks like the first Mario Kart I will be buying since the N64 days. Looks like Nintendo has actually put some effort into this.

8. Persona 5 : It's going to be good (though we don't really know anything about it yet).

9. Final Fanrasy X HD : Never played this. Should be a nostalgic treat to play an old fashioned FF.

10. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: it's more of the same, but DKCR was good, so could be worse.

Unconfirmed for 2014 so not on the list: SMTxFE, Gravity Rush 2

kase23

1. Witcher 3 - PC
2. Pillars of Eternity - PC - Spiritual Sequel to my favourite RPG of all time being made by an All Star veteran Dev team, this is what dreams are made of!
3. Persona 5 - PS3
4. Wasteland 2 - PC
5. Dark souls 2 - PC

With the kickstarter CRPG renaissance and sequels from japan and europes finest,
2014 will be the year of the RPG for me.

Giran

1. Dark Souls 2 : I was and still am worried about the mixed communication From is giving us and the director change too, but still my most anticipated game.

2. The Witcher 3 : Loved both games so far. I hope CDPR can deliver a big open world that isn't boring as hell. Kind of cautious about that since the second game, despite its relatively small areas, really stretched itself thin in the final act. Hopefully they're up to the task and it won't make the same mistake Darksiders 2 did.

3. Mount & Blade 2: Been on the M&B train since its beta days when it was only Swadia, Vaegirs and Zendar. Can't wait for another improved version.

4. X : I have no intention of getting a Wii U. This could be the one game to change my mind. I really loved Xenoblade.

5. Final Fantasy XV : I'm not looking forward to it in the sense that I expect it to be a game that I'll like, but I'm really anxious to see just what they have cooked up after like 7 goddamn years.

6. Star Citizen : I'm not into MMOs and this won't change my mind either. I just hope the single player content is adequate.

1. Dreamfall Chapters
2. Broken Age
3. Titanfall
4. Ghost of a Tale
5. Dark Souls 2
6. Witcher 3
7. Watch Dogs
8. inFamous: Second Son
9. Drive Club
10. The Division

Edit: Whoops, guess Star Citizen is 2015.

It's a tentative list but:

1: Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - I haven't actually played any of the Witcher games (I've never got round to it but they're certainly up my RPG street) but this looks stunning.
2: Infamous Second Son - the first must-have PS4 game by the looks of it.
3: Destiny - Bungie look fully invested in this, I just hope I can still have fun with it on my own.
4: Super Smash Bros 3DS - I don't own a Wii U so as long as the 3DS versions up to scratch I'll be picking that up.
5: Transistor - Supergiant Games made Bastion. That's more than enough to be excited for it.
6: Tom Clancy's The Division
7: Dragon Age Inquisition
8: Watch Dogs
9: Tom Clancy's The Division
10: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - it looks mental.

pcostabel

Gold Member
1. Rime : Amazing looking art and an ICO feeling make this my most anticipated game of the year.
2. The Order 1886 : Linear third person game set in a fictional Victorian England? Gimme!
3. Dark Souls II : I'm prepared to die, several times.
4. Watch Dogs : Futuristic Assassin's Creed, sounds good to me.
5. Broken Age : Kickstarted this one, looks fantastic.
6. Infamous Second Son : First PS4 game I'm getting, enjoyed the first two and this one looks "next gen".
7. Dragon Age Inquisition : Not a fan of the series but this one looks fantastic. I'll give it a try for sure.
8. Valiant Hearts : The art alone sold me on this one. Interesting settings too.
9. Driveclub : Looks nice, should tie me up while waiting for GT7.
10. The Banner Saga : Another one I kickstarted, beautiful art and animations.

1. Dark Souls 2: This is by far my most anticipated game of 2014. The first souls game is one of my favourite games ever. Dark, terrifying and gratifying.

2. The Evil Within: Hopefully this is the new Resident Evil I've been waiting for since REmake. Believe. In. Mikami.

3. The Witcher 3: I Had The Witcher 2 on PC for ages but couldn't play it for my laptop being a pile O' shite. That all changed when I picked it up for the 360 and fell in love with the series. More Triss please.

4. Titanfall: I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but I was a big fan of gears. Hopefully this will fill that void and be my new go-to multiplayer game. Fast paced shooter with mechs... count me in.

5. Below: Rogue like + Gorgeous graphics + Cappy = No brainer

6. Destiny: Star Wars mashed with Borderlands and made by Bungie. Me plus my best bud will have a blast playing this on CO-OP.

7. MGS V: Will be interesting if Mr K can finally strike a balance between gameplay and cut scenes. Less watch, more play.

8. Halo 5: I've always thought that I wasn't a big Halo fan, but looking back at my collection I've bought every game in the series on day one. Liked Halo 4 single and multiplayer. Hyped to see what 343i has planned next.

9. South Park - The Stick of Truth: I recently started watching South Park again and this looks a treat.

10. Hearthstone: I don't know why?! I used to play WOW back in the day... Never been into digital card games. Its probably because I need a decent game I can play on my phone whilst the kids are doing their thang. Plus! It's coming to Windows Phone 8.

1. Bayonetta 2 ; The first game is easily my favorite action game ever made, and this looks to be more of the same. I'm excited to see the new weapons and crazy scenarios that I'll be thrown into with this one. Very interested in the co-op mode as well.

2. The Evil Within ; I've been avoiding media whenever possible but what I have seen of this looks incredible. Mikami is amazing.

3. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- ; One look at my username on GAF should be a dead giveaway that I love this series. Needless to say, it's going to be awesome to finally play a new Guilty that isn't tied to XX. The art style is great looking and the new Roman Cancels sound like a ton of fun to use.

4. Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold ; Persona 4 Arena was a great fighter, and this looks to only improve on it. Like every Arcsys revision it's gonna have new characters, new tools, and everyone is rebalanced in some way or another. I'm mostly excited about the fact that everyone has dash cancels now as it will definitely spice up the pressure game for a lot of characters.

5. Dark Souls 2 ; Like so many other people, the Souls games are my favorite RPGs of last gen. While I was a bit disappointed by the later levels in Dark Souls, I have a good feeling this one will be more consistent. FromSoftware has done a great job with the series so far, so I know I'll enjoy it no matter what.

6. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze ; Returns is definitely one of my favorite platformers ever made, so I was excited to hear that Retro is working on a sequel. I'm sure the level design will be just as crazy as their first attempt.

I would love to list more, but these are the ones I'm most excited for. Persona 5 is definitely another one I'm looking forward to, but we only have a teaser trailer and I don't think it will be localized this year.

RooMHM

1. Half-life 3. Sequel to the best single player of all time and 2nd sequel to best game ever.

2. GTA V PC version. Smooth and improved experience for the spiritual sequel of San Andreas? Yes please.

1. Half-life 3. Sequel to the best single player of all time and 2nd sequel to best game ever.

2. GTA V PC version. Smooth and improved experience for the spiritual sequel of San Andreas? Yes please.

Both these games have been confirmed to be released next year?

1. Destiny: Love Bungie, love Borderlands, love sci-fi. Can't go wrong here.

2. The Division: I'm skeptical because of Ubisoft but the concept sounds fantastic, and if they pull it off I'll be thrilled. Oh also the game looks stunning.

3. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : I was skeptical of the open world at first but CDPR has turned me in to a believer.

4. Infamous: Second Son: I'm fearing a lack of variety from it but it still looks to be a very solid title, fun to mess around in at the worst. Sucker Punch's version of Seattle is beautiful as well.

5. Rime:
iRGwSUI5oK3pv.gif
. Just hoping for a decent amount of simple platforming as well as puzzles.

6. The Order 1886: Even if some people's worst fears about this game come true and it's a generic shooter, at least it'll have an awesome setting and inventive weapons.

7. Transistor: Bastion was one of my favorite games last gen, just hope it isn't too same-y.

8. Helldivers: 4 player top-down alien shooter with friendly fire on and low ammo? Yes please.

9. Watch Dogs: Ubisoft recently surprised me with AC4, and the delay must have helped. Looks neat enough.

10. Dragon Age: Inquisition: Yes DA2 was trash but this looks to be a nice step in the right direction, I'm still expecting a trash story though.

As an honorary mention I'll throw in Planetside 2 (not sure if it really counts), just hope the PS4 community is great.

CGwizz

1- dragon age 3
2- destiny
3- the witcher 3
4- second son
5- metal gear 5
6- the order

i dont think i will buy more than these games

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Surprised at all the Dragon Age 3 mentions.

After the one two punch of failure that was DA2 and ME3 I'm definitely on a wait and see for all future Bioware games.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of other games and some of these will probably be hit or miss, but here's my most anticipated.

1. Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt: By far my most anticipated game of the year. Witcher 2 is among my favorite games of all time. Witcher 3's open world and conclusion to the Geralt storyline has me salivating. And it will look amazing.

2. MGSV:Ground Zeroes: Despite the bullshittery regarding the price, I'm still hyped for Ground Zeroes. It could turn out be a completely awful cash-grab/glorified demo for all I know, but I love Metal Gear. Also, the Metal Gear Solid rule for me is odd-numbered MGS games are my favorites (MGS1, MGS3) and even numbered MGS games are my least favorite (MGS2, MGS4). Five is an odd number, so there's at least a 50 percent chance it might be amazing.

3. Broken Age: Full disclosure, I backed this. You better believe I'm anticipating it. That being said, my hype has surged only just recently. The initial excitement after the Kickstarter was funded wore off in a few months. Them running out of money and the delay and splitting it up into two parts really made me question my faith in the project.
That was until I just recently saw how awesome the first part of the game seems to be coming together. It just looks amazing, especially from an art style point of view.

4. Dragon Age Inquisition: Sure I have my skepticism, but I think BioWare might actually be able to pull this off. Dragon Age: Origins and even the expansion, Awakening, were among my favorite games of last generation, so much so that I pre-ordered the Dragon Age II Signature edition sight unseen. Of course, I was let down by DAII like most were, more so by the game design than the story that admittedly dives off a cliff into stupid town in Act III, but I blame EA as much as I blame BioWare for rushing DAII out the door. It seems like they are actually being given a development time longer than that of NBA Live 2013 this time around and it's open world. It could still be horrible, but I still have faith in the Dragon Age franchise. I'm the kind of guy that thought ME3 was great game that was only marred by that unfortunate ending.

5. The Witness: I absolutely loved Braid, so I'm hyped for what Blow has up his sleeve. If The Witness can capture the feeling of Myst without making you feel like you have to be a member of MENSA to be able to solve the puzzles it could be awesome. Not yet completely sold on the core game mechanic though.

6. Dark Souls II: In all honesty, I likely won't even finish Dark Souls 1 at the rate I'm playing right now, but going from not really getting or enjoying Demons Souls to really enjoying Dark Souls and the feeling of accomplishment you get from getting past brick walls and parts that you thought were simply impossible or that you'd thought you'd never be able to beat has got me hyped for the next entry in the franchise.

7. Titan Fall: Accusations of manufactured hype be damned, this is the game that will get me to buy an Xbox One. I think it looks great and, if anything else, it might give my IRL friends the motivation to move on from CoD and try something new. Plus mechs.

8. Destiny: This is still a huge unknown to me. The concept sounds amazing, but I still hardly know anything about how this game will actually play.

9. Watch Dogs: Its initial reveal had me super hyped and I had a PS4 Watch Dogs bundle pre-ordered. It's delay and GTAV has tempered my hype and expectations to a great deal, but I'm still hopeful it will be fresh and new and not just another Ubisoft collect-a-thon masquerading as an open world game.

10. The Order 1886: Another big unknown for me, but the concept, setting and look has me hyped.

After the one two punch of failure that was DA2 and ME3 I'm definitely on a wait and see for all future Bioware games.
Really looks like they're trying to redeem themselves with it. All the previews and footage have looked really good so far. Tactical view and multiple races are back, customization, actual variety in the world instead of repetitive environments, beautiful visuals, much more time in the oven this time.

I'm excited for it.

kma780

Neo Member
1. Dragon Age Inquisitions: Yes the second one sucked pretty bad but everything Ive seen so far from this game has me pretty excited. Origins is also one of my favorite games of all time so I already have a strong foothold in the world.

2. Infamous Second Son: Looks great and I really need something next gen to play on my PS4.

3. Dark Souls 2: Man, I guess i am ready to die yet again even though I havent finished the first one yet. I am hoping that invasions arent a constant though as that is probably my least favorite part of Dark Souls.

4. The Witcher 3: Seems to be a truly open world rpg. I hope I dont suck at the combat like I have in the first two though.

5. MLB the Show: Next gen graphics similiar to NBA 2k hopefully minus the grindy myplayer stuff.

1. MLB 14: The Show : After seeing what VC did visual-wise with NBA 2K14, I'm even more excited to see what Sony San Diego has in store for us. Gimme dem next gen graphics. March can't come soon enough.
2. The Witness
3. Dark Souls 2
4. Infamous: Second Son
5. Octodad: Dadliest Catch
6. Dying Light
7. The Witcher 3
8. Dragon Age 3
9. Destiny
10. Watch Dogs

1. Destiny: After 343's disappointing entry with Halo 4, it will be nice to play a bungie game again. This is the most ambitious game next year and I can't wait to hear more about it. The little details we have seem spectacular. I can see this being my most played title next year.

2. The Order: New IP, ReadyAtDawn, steampunk London. Yes please!

3. InFamous: Second Son: Looks like a massive leap over the originals. First next-gen open world title.

1 - Witcher 3 - The just looks like the WRPG I have been waiting 15 years + for...
2 - Uncharted PS4 - Looking forward to graphics.
3 - Order 1886
4 - Infamous Second Son
5 - MGS V
6 GTA V PS4 - Glad I didn't pick this up on PS3 now.
7 - Gravity Rush 2
8 - Rime
9 - Destiny
10 - Dragon Age Iquisition.

FXV would be 1 or 2 if I knew for sure it was hitting 2014, and Deep Down could be in there if it becomes a fully fledged title. The Division could also be on there if it has an SP element.

Rflagg

1. Dead State
It is a zombie survival rpg and different people can and do bring different skills to help your group survive.

2. Wasteland 2
I loved Fallout 3 and new Vegas and while I haven't played the first wasteland I know what it means to the post nuclear rpg scene.

3. Bravely Default
It looks like a great rpg in the vein of classic final fantasy

4. Pillars of Eternity
Obsidian is amazing when it comes to story arc and choice.

5. South Park The stick of truth
I rarely watch the show anymore, but this looks like a funny, fun, and graphically perfect rpg that lives up to even the best of times for the show.

6. Witcher 3
Come on this should be on everyone’s list somewhere. The past two games have be well done and this looks so damn pretty

7. Metal Gear ground zero
Game looks pretty, play as big boss, some open world looking parts, sneaky sneaky

8. Star citizen
Squadron 42 is the main reason I will be getting this game, because I suck at these type of games (I still very much enjoy space sims) I am unsure if I will touch anything else. This and witcher 3 are the big reasons I will finally be upgrading my pc.

9. Dragon age inquisition
This would be higher on my list if not for Shit Mountain; at least we got one of neogaf ‘s best gaming threads ever form that. It really looks like they are making a good maybe even great rpg, come on Bioware I know you can still do this.

10. GTA 5 (pc)
I might seem silly or even stupid to some of you to put a game I already beat on my list, but I left plenty of stuff to do on the pc version and the mods will be crazy awesome. Would have been number one if I could have held out for the pc release before playing, stupid leaks getting me way too hyped.

1) Destiny
2) The Order
3) Infamous: SS
4) Uncharted (I doubt it will come out 2014)
5) The Division
6) AC5 (Only if it is set in Russia/China)
6) The Witness (Even though I am not smart enough for it)
7) TitanFall (Would be higher on my list but I do not own an Xbox One nor will I buy one at $500
8) Witcher 3 (I just hope I don't have to play the 1st two to know whats going on)

i REALLY AM DRAWING BLANKS ON THE REST.

Coconut

Banned
1.Hyper Light Drifter

4. Routine

6. Titanfall

8..The Metal Gear stuff. (I'm still confused how these games are broken up.)

10.Watch Dogs, but my excitement is quickly vanishing.

Can't think of a real list of ten because there just aren't ten games I'm excited about.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1. Dark Souls 2: I'm excited for all the other games listed below, but this is the only one I can't wait to dive into. The Souls series is quickly becoming one of my favorite franchises. I'm still playing DkS months after finishing it, I'm hoping that DkS II has the same effect. Can't wait to explore the world with different classes, experiment with weapons/builds... DkS II is the undisputed n°1 on my list. The rest are all just honorable mentions.

2. Hyper Light Drifter: the visuals alone make me very excited.

LfAEBSD.gif
iMWoWE4xAUjG3.gif

3. Ghost Song: A metroidvania with Dark Souls influence thrown in? Eh, yes please.
4. DKCR: Tropical Freeze: big fan of Returns, footage of the sequel is looking mighty impressive.
5. Rime
6. The Witness
7. Infamous: Second Son: may be the game that convinces me to get a PS4.
8. Hotline Miami 2
9. Destiny: the most recent trailer surprised me, Bungie's latest is looking fantastic.
10. Secret Ponchos

Didn't include No Man's Sky, don't think it'll make 2014

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
X - Thoroughly enjoyed my gaming experience with Xenoblade, very much looking forward to what Monolith has to offer next.
Super Smash Wii U - Great series and one I constantly revisit, especially Melee.
Mario Kart 8 - Looks like it will be the best in the series since Double Dash
FE X SMT - Looking forward to a console Fire Emblem experience as I have only played the portable ones.
Persona 5 - I'll buy 10 copies
Bravely Default - Reviews have been glowing and the game looks phenomenal.
FFX HD - Best Final Fantasy game ever released to date.
FFXV -
Let a man dream

bigjig

DAY ONE MUST BUYS

1. Dark Souls 2 - It's more Dark Souls. Even if it's half as good as Dark/Demon's Souls it'll still be one of the best games of the year.

2. Persona 5 - Waited too long not to want it.

3. Broken Age - Love me some old school Lucasarts-style PoC adventures.

4. Witcher 3 - Looks great. Little worried about the open world setting, but hopefully it doesn't end up like Skyrim

OTHER ANTICIPATED GAMES (no comment)

5. Persona Q
6. The Witness
7. Super Smash Bros.
8. Metal Gear Solid V
9. Child of Light
10. Watch Dogs

1. Watch Dogs : big fan of cyberpunk and the premise
2. Infamous: Second Son : The last two games were great, this one similarly
3. Drive Club : looks gorgeous and compatible with my new racing wheel, can't wait
4. Destiny : After ODST and Reach I trust Bungie to deliver
5. Outlast : looks scary as hell, I've held off on the PC version so I could play it on the PS4
6. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! : One of my favorite PS1 games gets a graphic and sound overhaul

That's all I've got so far, I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

Aim_Ed

1. Super Smash Bros. U (Amazing series, i don't think they'll disappoint)
2. X (Monolithsoft) (First hardcore JRPG on Wii U? Also visually looks stunning)
3. Dark Souls 2 (Let's face it, the Souls series has something to it that's been lacking in video games for the past 2 or 3 generations. Superb developer too.)
4. Starbound (I <3ed Terraria, and what I played of the early access for this game)
5. DayZ (Currently the SA is pretty barren, but I imagine this will blow minds once again)
6. Watch Dogs (Since that E3 reveal, gotdayumm idk what else to say. Looks amazing)
7. Destiny (Not completely sold on the new current-gen consoles, but if this gets a PC release I could see my self wasting my life on this. Co-op looks amazing)
8. Bayonetta 2 (If you've played Bayo 1 you'll know why, my favourite character action game by one of my favourite developers)
9. Mario Kart 8 (I actually enjoyed MKWii a lot, and seeing this as an extension to that with amazing visuals has me anxious to play MK once again)
10. Hotline Miami 2 (I spent most of 2013 playing indies, this should probably be ranked higher, but oh well. Hotline Miami was my GOTY 2012, and I have high hopes for this one.)

Also I have a feeling Valve has something planned for 2014, whatever that is trumps everything else on my list. I'm still crossing my fingers for a PC release of GTAV.

1. Infamous second son; the infamous series makes me love open world games... A genre I hate
2. Witcher 3; love the Witcher universe. Hope they fix combat
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition; hopefully this doesn't end up like 2
4. The Order 1886; everything I've seen about this game I like
5. The Division; modern day RPG? Hell yeah
6. Castlevania: lords of shadow 2; disappointed slightly at 1, but high hopes for 2
7. Bayonetta 2; this will make me get a wiiU
8. Destiny; Destiny fell a lot after that, constant online connection for SP comment.
9. Transistor; the art style, the setting, I want this!
10. Quantum Break; the only game that makes me want an Xbox one

1) The Witcher 3
The trailer really blew me away. I think this is the game that will truly usher in the age of next-gen

2) Bayonetta 2
Keeping the hardcore action genre alive with deep gameplay and crazy ass aesthetics and level design. I want this game to succeed so bad.

3) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
I was apprehensive about the first one and the new direction they wanted to take it. Boy, was a I glad to be wrong. One of the best games of last gen in my book

4) The Division
OMG the graphics!

5) The Order
We haven't really seen anything from this yet. But I think this gonna blow us away once they reveal the gameplay

6) The Evil Within
Shinji Mikami can do no wrong in my book

7) Infamous: Second Son
I never liked the previous Infamous games, I think the old tech and hardware was holding back its potential. Can't wait for it to be fully realized on the PS4

8) Destiny
I always love the worlds Bungie creates.

9) Dark Souls 2
My body is ready (to die.....a lot)

10) MGS V
I hope this game is as restrained and emotional as Snake Eater

Ishan

1. Titanfall : There is so much hype about this I want to try it out
2. The Order : Loved uncharted, so given rad's focus I'm pretty amped about this and the setting
3. Driveclub: I like racers. This looks gorgeous and the social aspects could be interesting
4. Destiny: I like intricate mythology.
5. Division: Seems quick cool. With the open world and clancy aspects
6. Infamous SS : My hype level for this is dropping cause the environments seem sparse.
7 Metal Gear Solid 5: Well its metal gear :)

Ansatz

1. Mario Kart 8 : Combine what we've seen of it with the gameplay of MK7 and you have my most anticipated 2014 game.
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. X
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Witness
6. Titanfall
7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
8. Shovel Knight
9. Transistor
10. A Hat in Time

Daingurse

1. The Witcher 3 : Geralt I'm coming home. The Witcher 2 is one of my favorite games of last-gen and frankly, The Witcher 3 is the only game I feel I need next year.

imkVun1rEdH8E.gif

2387612-4356691240-ioDqr.gif

06.gif

Everything else coming out next year is gravy.

1. Dark Souls 2
2. Uncharted
3. Witcher 3
4. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
5. The Order 1886
6. Destiny
7. Watch Dogs
8. Infamous: Second Son

Slashlen

1. Persona 5(PS3) - Persona 4 was one of my favorite games ever, so this is an easy pick.
2. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC(PC) - The first one was so fun, it's great to finally get the sequel.
3. Bravely Default(3DS) - I hear lots of good things about this, that SE finally did something right.
4. inFamous Second Son(PS4) - Really liked 2, hoping this is the open-world game next year.
5. Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4) - I like Zeboyd's games, and already Kickstarted this one.
6. South Park: The Stick of Truth(PS3) - I really want this to turn out alright, but I'm also really worried about it.
7. Child of Light(PS4) - Looks really good, hoping to hear a lot more about this.
8. Watch Dogs(PS4) - I should be more excited about this, but I'm burned out and a bit worried.
9. Rime(PS4) - Even if it's not from Team ICO, nice to get a new ICO-like game.
11. FFX/X-2(PS3) - X was the last good one(FACT), now I can play it in HD.

prag16

Banned
1. Mario Kart 8 ; I am going to sink a ton of hours into this.

2. Quantum Break ; I do not and will not own an xbone, but I am pumped for the assumed eventual PC release. Alan Wake is close to cracking my top 10 all time.

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth

4. X ; assuming it actually comes out.

5. Mass Effect 4 ; This would be #1 if I thought it had a good chance of launching in 2014. It is probably a 2015 game.

6. Call of Duty 11 ; I trust Treyarch more than IW so even though Ghosts was very disappointing in many ways, this will be good if they have decent hit detection (Ghosts better in this department than BO2).

7. Thief ; Never played the series, but this sounds really cool; may check out a couple of the older ones too.

8. Watch_Dogs ; My hype for this has dissipated, but It'll be good, and I'll be there day one.

9. Uncharted 4 ; I won't play it in 2014 even if it comes out because I won't have a PS4 any time soon, but this is one I'll be watching closely, and will definitely play eventually.

10. Dark Souls 2 ; The first one wasn't entirely my cup of tea, but I love the "idea" of the game at the minimum, and I'll probably check out the sequel.

Simzyy

Everything they have said/shown so far has me thinking they are going all in for this. The quality of the story is up for debate but just the return of playable races (I mean they added Qunari!) is going to add a lot of replay value and they are implementing the tactical combat, no more crappy hack and slash DA2 combat. I hated that. So I'm really hyped for it.

But I'm also a sucker.

1. Uncharted Next - I love the Uncharted series and, with rumours of this starring Francis Drake, I'm curious to see where this goes.

2. The Last Guardian - We all want this for being the Ico and SotC successor and I'm confident that 2014 will be the year.

3. The Order:1886 - Steampunk / Victorian London era TPS with supernatural themes, crazy weapons and great graphics. 'Nuff said.

4. Dark Souls 2 - Loved the previous Souls games and the director said that they are streamlining the gameplay elements which I'm hoping makes some of the design choices less annoying.

5. InFamous:SS - Loved the first 2 games and Neon looks super cool.

1. Super Smash Bros. 4 ; I'm always looking forward to a new Smash Bros.
2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
3. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
4. Mario Kart 8
5. Titanfall

1. Dark Souls II : Very promising from the network test version.
2. X
3. Infamous: Second Son
4. The Witness
5. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
6. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
7. Persona 5
8. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster : PS3 version, where they are together. Two of the my favourite battle systems in the series.
9. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
10. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII : I liked both previous FFXIII games and will probably like his one too but I'm not as excited about it as other games.

1. Infamous : Just so excited for this, loved the infamous games so much, and everything seems to be amped up for the next-gen version of the franchise. Also Jaime Griesmer working on it. Hype.
2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture : I loved Dear Esther and followed this game before it dropped off the radar. Excited that it's being fostered and funded by the same people who did that for Journey and the like.
3. Witcher 3 : Hoping this stays really open world, that makes me more interested. I love huge RPG's
4. Destiny : Interested to see how it plays and what kind of scale it works on. Seems huge.
5. Watch Dogs : Still have some hype for this despite delay.

1. Destiny. Looks like one of the most ambitious games ever made, defo my most wanted of 2014.

2. Mario Kart 8. Have loved every previous entry bar Double Dash, this installment looks incredible and it's finally in HD ,

3. The Division. Massive detailed city to explore with others, looks very atmospheric.

4. X. We don't know much about it yet but going on the trailers it looks to be a massive step up from Xenoblade.

5. Infamous Second Son. Loved the second game and this looks much improved again with a new interesting main character.

6. The Witcher 3. Haven't played the first two but the third in the series is one of the most astounding looking games ever made.

7. Bayonetta 2. Took me years to try the original but when I did I was hooked, incredibly tight gameplay with amazing boss fights.

8. Watch_Dogs. Really wanted this at the launch of PS4, can't wait to get my hands on it next year.

9. Smash Bros U. Never played much of the series before but the Smash Brothers documentary has me hooked on Melee on Dolphin.

10. Driveclub. Stunning looking racer from the same guys that brought us Motorstorm, should be great.

Jamie OD

1. South Park The Stick of Truth: From what I've seen so far it pretty much nails the South Park look and presentation. Gameplay sort of reminds me of Paper Mario 2. That's real good in my eyes.
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: I'm not getting a Wii U until Smash Bros comes out. It better be worth it!
3. Game Of Thrones: I consider this a risky pick because I kind of expect it to be delayed until 2015. However, the combination of GOT and Telltale is right up my alley.
4. EA UFC: This would have been my No. 1 pick if it wasn't for the recent batch of EA Sports games being very weak releases. I liked EA MMA but I'm still worried we will get a bare bones game with plenty of content cut for DLC.
5. Titanfall: I've seen it. Looks fun.
6. Destiny: Really curious to see what it turns out to be like.
7. Tales From Borderlands: Hey, I'm very curious to see how Telltale handles this. If they tone down the meme-iness comedy Borderlands 2 has, it could be a very neat game.
8. MLB The Show 2014: Interested mostly for the looks. Replace with Jikky&#333; Powerful Pro Yaky&#363; if that gets a PS4 game in 2014.
9. Octodad Dadliest Catch: The original concept demo was fun and I love the idea.
10. Mario Golf World Tour: It's been a while since the last game so I'm not bored of the like I am with Mario Kart.

Vio-Lence

Banned
1. Witcher 3 - PC - open world RPG by cdrp. Yes please.
2. Titanfall - Xbone - reason for getting the console at launch.
3. South Park RPG - Matt and Trey plus Obsidian.

Top Bottom