• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

1. Super Smash Bros : I can't wait to smash in hd.
2. Destiny : I will buy a ps4 when this game releases.
3. Mario Kart 8 : Looking forward to racing in hd.
4. Infamous second son : I loved the first two games.
5. Monoliths X : This games just looks like it will be great.
6. MGS V : I'm ready for more mgs.

Jonboy

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U : I'm hoping this iteration can rekindle the love I had for Melee. I enjoyed Brawl, but Melee is one of my most played games of all-time. Please, please, please nail the online component, Nintendo!
2. Infamous: Second Son : One of my favorite series from the PS3 generation. Can't wait to see where Sucker Punch takes the series and how it innovates over the previous games.
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt : Have never played a Witcher game before, but this looks absolutely amazing. Love the fantasy genre.
4. Dark Souls 2 : Played both Souls games for the first time in 2013 and was absolutely blown away. Original Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of all-time.
5. The Order 1886 : There's still much to learn regarding this title, but I'm already intrigued by the setting and artistic style. The graphics are phenomenal...hopefully the gameplay is just as good.
6. Persona 5 : Adored Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. Restored my faith in RPGs...a genre I haven't really played in years.
7. Destiny : Love the concept and what they're trying to do. Hope it all comes together nicely.
8. Mario Kart 8 : One of the best party games around. Can't wait to play this with the family.
9. The Division : The graphics alone sold me, but everything I've heard since has only increased my interest.
10.Watch_Dogs : Would have been much higher on this list at one point, but I'm still anxious to play it. Hoping it isn't too similar to Assassin's Creed.

Rawkus

1. Mario Kart 8 : The game that will finally get me to buy a Wii U. I still play MK Wii regularly... I'm ready for something new.
2. Persona 5 : Hoping for a simultaneous worldwide release (lol yeah right)
3. The Evil Within
4. Guilty Gear Xrd
5. Destiny : My hype for this has died down a little, but it still looks solid.
6. The Division
7. Child of Light
8. X
9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
10. The Order: 1886

1. The Witcher 3
2. Broken Age
3. Incognita
4. Pixeljunk Inc
5. Hack&Slash
6. Southpark: The Stick of Truth
7. Elite: Dangerous
8. Massive Chalice
9. Transistor
10. Moebius

Thores

1. Monolith Soft's X: Xenoblade is one of my favorite games of this past generation. Whatever Monolith Soft makes next, I'm extremely excited to hold a localized version in my hands.
2. Persona 5: Persona 4 on the other hand is one of my favorite games of all time. 5 only takes the number 2 spot primarily because 2014 is only the JP date thus far; I'm a bit skeptical we'll get it before 2015. But also I'm a little anxious about claims that they're mixing up the formula. If they change the dungeon crawling it could be the best Persona game yet... but if they alter the Social Links or remove them, I'm not sure how I'll feel about the whole package.
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Smash Bros is a franchise I have been a fanatic over since Melee. I love the gameplay, adore all the fanservice, and admire how much content Sakurai packs in every time. I bought a Wii U this holiday season, mainly so I would already have one when this and X came out.
4. The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter: The GAF acclaim for this series has intrigued me greatly, and I can't wait to finally play the Steam releases of this and the first game.
5. Broken Age: Every time production issues lower my anticipation a little, they announce voice actors or show gorgeous, gorgeous gameplay footage. I have very little doubt that this is going to live up to the promise that I backed it for.
6. Sealark: I backed this because the beautiful spritework and gameplay influences promised to make it everything I loved about video games. And I'm still excited for it, even if the one-man team can't quite reach that potential! I'll be happy as long as he gives it his best shot. However, the fact that it was initially supposed to come out in 2013 and we haven't seen a single non-mockup screenshot yet worries me a bit. It could be one of my favorite games of the year, but only if it actually comes out.
7. Persona 4 Arena 2: P4A is a lot of fun, and I will accept any excuse to interact with that cast some more.
8. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: The Shantae team makes some really solid Metroidvanias. And since the creators of Metroid and Castlevania have left us dry on that front for years, this'll have to give me my fix.
9. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Maya!
10. Bravely Default: This wasn't super on my radar before, but the huge amount of EU love for it, and the fact that I want to encourage Nintendo to localize more niche 3DS titles (cough DQ7 cough) mean that I am probably buying this.

About a third of my anticipated 2013 games got delayed till 2014, but a lot of what did come out didn't disappoint
though I didn't end up getting Pandora's Tower or Soul Hackers
! Hopefully the same goes for next year.

I just realized that all my favorite franchises are getting new entries or story dlc next year. Damn...

Persona 5
The Witcher 3
Uncharted PS4
Dark Souls 2
The Last of Us: Left Behind

That's literally all my favorite IPs in the same year...
P5 isn't going to make it here in 2014 though.

I'm in Europe so SMT4 is 2014 for me.
Also looking forward to Burial at Sea episode 2.
Infamous Second Son is another one but I don't have a PS4 yet.

Damn, this will be an incredible year for me, probably one of the best ever.

Edit: Trails in the sky second chapter! OK, best year ever.

Sotha_Sil

1. The Witness - Seems like a perfect game to me.
2. The Witcher 3 - CDPR going full open-world. Good practice for Cyberpunk 2077.
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition - Thought the 20-min video looked great, loved some of the new mechanics like limited potion chugging.
4. The Division - Massive-Open-world-TPS-MMO-RPG. Next gen.
5. The Order: 1886 - Unique setting that could be weighed down if it just has Uncharted gameplay.
6. Deep Down - It could turn out awful, it could turn out amazing.
7. InFamous: Second Son - Most likely a prettier version of the flawed but enjoyable IF2.
8. Rime - Beautiful mini-open-world game inspired by Team Ico games.
9. Project: Eternity - Obsidian, so it'll be a legit RPG. 'nuff said.
10. Quantum Break/Titanfall - both games look like great X1 exclusives. Only reason they are so low is because I won't be getting a X1 (but I can't ignore them).

1. Dark Souls II- The main reason why I still own a PS3. Poured hundreds of hours into Dark/Demon's Souls and I anticipate I'll do the same with this as well.
2. Super Smash Bros for Wii U
3. Titanfall
4. inFAMOUS: Second Son
5. The Division
6. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
7. The Evil Within
8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
9. Watch Dogs
10. Halo 5 (Would be higher if we had seen more but I'm still pumped for another Halo)

Are we certain that Persona 5 will come everywhere next year? If so, it'd be right under Dark Souls for me.

Bundy

Banned
1. Uncharted 4 - Was my most favourite IP last gen. Love it!
2. inFamous: Second Son - Was my second favourite IP last gen! Best superhero game I've ever played.
3. DRIVECLUB - Just watch the videos. This games looks awesome. The Evolution Studios never let me down
4. The Order: 1886 - Ready at Dawn were the king of the PSP. It's time for them to rock a home console and the first footage of The Order looked awesome
5. EverQuest Next - EverQuest (1) was my first MMO game and it rocked so hard.... I will never forget that time. EQ Next looks like it could change the MMO RPG genre forever.
6. Dark Souls 2 - I mean.... really? It's Dark Souls 2!!!!
7. MLB 14 - The Show - The best sports IP returns. Any questions?
8. RIME - The ICO/SotC vibe.... man... it looks so damn good!

BowieZ

Banned
1. Mario Kart 8 : honestly it looks like potentially one of the best games of all time, period, and it's obvious they are spending all their resources to polish it as much as possible to become the potential saving grace for Wii U

nothing else

so1337

1. Dark Souls 2 : I finished Dark Souls this summer and spent countless hours watching several livestreams of the game. I'm simply addicted to Dark Souls and the only thing that's gonna be able to break that addiction is Dark Souls 2. RETRIEVAL.
2. Gravity Rush 2 : The cat returns. I'm so glad this is getting made. Toyama and his team really created something special with the first Gravity Rush.
3. The Evil Within : This just might be the game that dethrones Resident Evil 4 as Mikami's greatest achievement. I'm hopeful.
4. Bayonetta 2 : The first one was incredible.
5. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze : The first one was incredible. Also: David Wise
6. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number : The first one was incredible. Also: M.O.O.N.

1. South Park: Stick of Truth - It looks just like an episode, I can't wait to play it
2. the Witcher 3 - I just want to know how it will end plus it looks brilliant
3. the Evil Within - Not sure about it but if it could be just half as good as RE4 I'm in
4. Diablo 3 PS4 version

That's about it, there aren't any games left that I'm really looking for in 2014.

efeman

Banned
1. South Park The Stick of Truth ; It just looks so true to the series, and I really enjoy South Park.
2. The Witcher 3 ; Needs no explanation.
3. Pillars of Eternity ; I never got into iso-RPGs, this is my chance!
4. Torment Tides of Numenera
5. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix ; My favorite series.
6. World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor ; I'm hoping that this redeems Blizz for the last couple of expacs.
7. The Division ; This might just be incredible.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
1. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: I always get a new Smash Bros. at launch. I put for 3DS and not Wii U because, of those two consoles, I only own a 3DS.
2. Watch_Dogs: The hacking angle is interesting.
3. Broken Age: I Kickstarted this, so I suppose I should look forward to it, eh? =P
4. South Park: The Stick of Truth: Should be the best (first good?) South Park game. I mean, it's made by Obsidian, so it can't suck, right?
5. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - It's MGS, so it's on my radar.

Honorable mention: Star Citizen, which won't technically go gold until 2015 but is scheduled to release several modules throughout 2014.

Soriku

1. Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3): Tales is one of my favorite series, Xillia 1 being my second favorite in it, and nearly everything I've heard about Xillia 2 is good.

2. Persona 5 (PS3): Love the Persona series and I'm looking forward to the gameplay changes/improvements that Atlus makes, the story and cast, and the soundtrack.

3. Dark Souls 2 (PS3): Souls games play and feel unique and I love the settings and overcoming challenges, so I greatly look forward to Dark Souls 2.

4. Tales of Zestiria (PS3): Again, Tales is one of my favorite series, so I'm looking forward to this one along with Xillia 2. Although, I'm not really expecting a 2014 release in the US.

5. Bravely Default (3DS): Looks fun, interested in the story, and I love the soundtrack.

6. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix (PS3): KH series is great and I look forward to going through the Final Mix content in KH2 and playing through BBS Final Mix as I don't own a PSP.

7. Yakuza Ishin (PS3): The most interesting Yakuza game to me. Love the setting, the samurai, and the gameplay looks good and the soundtrack seems like it'll be good as well based on what I've heard from trailers.

8. Atelier Escha&Logy (PS3): Will be my first Atelier title. Like some of the character designs in this one, soundtrack is solid from what I've heard, and it'll probably play well...not many turn based RPGs on consoles these days.

9. Drakengard 3 (PS3): Looking forward to the story and combat, and listening to more of the soundtrack.

10. X (Wii U): Monolith Soft is one of my favorite devs and Xenoblade was very good. This would be way higher but I don't anticipate getting a Wii U next year and I gave more focus to games on platforms I own.

traveler

Not Wario
1. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: DKCR was my favorite 2d platformer of all time, so it's only natural that I'm excited for the sequel. That no system feature has been shoehorned in this time makes it even better.

2. Bayonetta 2: This would have been number 1, as Bayonetta is either the best or second best action game of all time behind W101, but I'm giving DK the edge since Kamiya was overseeing 101 instead of Bayo.

3. Dark Souls 2: While I think the series is overrated, I still really enjoy them, so the release of another one is probably the biggest RPG event of the year to me.

4. Destiny: I don't like the loot focus, but I'll follow Bungie anywhere for their grasp of quality shooter mechanics and second to none (in the console space at least) encounter design in FPS.

5. The Witness: I'm just interested to see Blow's follow up to Braid, which I enjoyed immensely. His comments about focusing on the density and quality of the open world rather than the quantity are a good sign too. Haven't been following the details of the game too much and I don't really plan to either.

6. Titanfall: Cautiously optimistic on this one. It looks fun from all the videos, but I do not like CoD's emphasis on empty progression and a constant rewards loop- to the point of catch the leader gameplay- and Titanfall seems to have inherited at least some of that. I'm also worried that it will inherit CoD's low ttk, which I find makes for a considerably less interesting and skillful shooter. That said, there is the possibility that this comes out great on the other side since the ideas, pedigree, and budget is there. I just hope the design is too.

Edit: Forgot one!

7. Hotline Miami 2

Most of the games I expect I'll enjoy probably haven't been announced yet. I fully expect either HL3 or L4D3 to land next year and find it's way to the top of my list.

1) Bravely Default : Flying Fairy (3DS) : It's the start of new games for me next year and it's something I've heard a lot of good thing about it.

2) Super Smash Bros for Wii U : I'm nearly as excited for the handheld version, but I can't say seeing smash in all its HD glory at home doesn't entice me more.

3) Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) : Can't wait to play online with friends in HD and with all the new courses

4) Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) : I finally got around to playing Bayonetta this past summer and now I definitely want to play Bayo 2 as soon as possible

5) Rime (PS4) : Probably the most interesting , intriguing, and "different" thing I've seen for the PS4 so far.

6) Infamous: Second Son (PS4) : This on the other hand looks like the safest but most guaranteed to be pretty darn good thing I've seen for the PS4.

7) X (Wii U) : I don't actually think this is coming out this year, but ignoring that, It's a game I don't think I'm ever gonna see something like on another system anytime soon (though I'd hope to be wrong) , so I must have it.

8) Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS) : Return to Dreamland was a pretty darn good game, and this sequel on 3DS looks like it will be equally as good if not better.

9) Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (3DS) : I will say, I didn't like layton 5 that much, but as mentioned above this is kinda the last real layton game and I look forward to seeing it through to the end.

10) Gravity Rush 2 (VIta) : I will start by saying, Gravity Rush was an enjoyable but very much flawed game, my hopes for Gravity Rush 2 is that it remains equally enjoyable but is much much more polished than the first, and I look forward to such a title, especially if it makes it over here in 2014.

dsigns1

1. Infamous Second Son
2. Uncharted 4
3. Destiny
4. Rime
5. The Division
6. The Order
7. The Witness
8. Gravity Rush 2

Cyberia

1. inFamous Second Son ; Main reason why i'm going to purchase a PS4. Had a blast with the first two entries and this looks to be no different.
2. The Order 1886 ; Huge admirer of the seriously talented Ready at Dawn folks. The game has a unique look and premise.
3. Uncharted 4
4. The Witcher 3
5. The Witness
6. Rime
7. The Division
8. Driveclub

BPoole

1.Dark Souls 2: The Souls series is perhaps my favorite series of all time, and the fact that it is getting a proper PC version makes it even better.

2. The Witcher 3: Loved TW2, and the RPG genre has been really slacking since 2011.

3. Infamous: Second Son: Sucker Punch looks like they're going all out on this. Definitely the first must have for PS4 exclusives

4. Hotline Miami 2: Adored the original and can't wait to delve into another 80s-electro bloodbath

5. Pillars of Eternity: Backed this a long time ago on Kickstarter and have kept up with the developer updates. This will be my first endeavor in this type of RPG, but I am really excited to give it a shot.

6. Destiny: Tbh, I've never been a fan of Bungie's games, but Destiny caters to many of my gaming interests and is looking great so far. Now, about that PC version...

7. The Order 1886: Love the setting and am anticipating Ready At Dawn's first console debut

8. Project Cars: Not a huge racing fan, but all impressions I've read on it so far have been very positive. Considering buying a racing wheel for it.

9. Deep Down: I love medieval fantasy settings, and am willing to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt on this one. I definitely don't expect a god tier echelon achievement like I do with Dark Souls 2, but I think it will be competent enough to sink several dozens of hours into.

10. Watch Dogs: This would have been much higher on my list a year ago, but all the trailers/gameplays Ubisoft released of the game makes me feel as if I've seen pretty much all there is to see in the game. That, and the fact it got delayed another 6 months makes me think it's going to be a Assassin's Creed 1 all over again and we won't get a competent games until the second one is out.

1. Halo 5 - still one of the faithful
2. Witcher 3
3. Titanfall
4. Dragon Age: Inquisition - Really liked Origins and hoping for a return to form
5. Destiny

Anung

Un Rama
1) The Evil Within - The father of horror returns to show us all how its down...again.
2) Witcher 3 - Best WPRG of last gen and this looks incredible.
3) Dark Souls 2 - Best JRPG of last gen. Shame this isn't on PS4
4) Infamous: Second Son - Looks great.
5) Metal Gear Solid 5 - Annoyed its a demo but still can't not be excited.
6) The Division - Graphically incredible and such a brilliant premise. Hopefully Ubisoft won't fuck it up.
7) The Order 1886 - Heard great things about the studio and readily await a TPS to fill that Gears void.
8) Destiny - Good to see Bungie back after Halo 4 killed my interest in that. Hopefully they'll blow us away.
9) Dying light - Zombies!
10) Day light - Survival horror by some of the Condemned guys? Hype!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
1-Destiny: Huge fan of Borderlands 2, I hope to hell Bungie lets me play couch co op with my wife

2- Uncharted 4: HUGE ND fan and UC whore, nuff said

3-Witcher 3: This will be my first go at the franchise

4-Order 1886: Love gears of war. With SCE's polish and dem moustaches, wtf else do you need?

5- Quantum Break: Graphics look crazy and I like the concept....almost QD-like but for XB1

6-MGS V PP/GZ: Metal Gear whore as well. I mean, its Metal Gear nuff said

7-The Division: Mega graphics and a nice concept. Worried about the MMO nature, though

8- Watch_Dogs: I actually have faith this will turn into a great game with the extra time to polish

9- #DriveClub: My Q1 2014 next gen game of choice!

10- Rime: A thing of beauty

Hastati

1. Persona 5; Considering the series' remarkable pedigree, and my own love for Persona 4, this is definitely my most anticipated game. Can't wait to meet the new(?) cast.

2. X; This game just looks amazing in every respect from the trailers they have given us so far, hope it lives up to the hype!

3. Destiny; Wasn't as excited at first, but Bungie is a talented studio, and recent media showed great promise. Too bad it's releasing in September!

4. The Witcher 3; Had about hard time getting into the other two, but respected them for their quality storytelling and carefully-crafted world. Maybe third times the charm, the new world looks glorious.

5. Everest Next Landmark; May fail horribly, but the idea is awesome, and I would love to immerse myself in the endless torment of a fully destructible world.

6. Bravely Default; The game looks very charming and I've hear good things, can't wait to try it.

7. Diablo 3 Ultimate Ultra Evil Incarnate (ps4); Still haven't opened my copy of d3 from release week after hearing about what they did to uniques, but I'll give the upcoming release a shot.

8. Infamous Second Son; Wasn't too sold on what I played of previous entries in the series, but this one looks pretty interesting. Besides, it's set in Seattle, and I can use it to walk around in my hometown while abroad and feel all nostalgic about the towering northwest pine trees that (don't) line the streets of downtown.

9. MGS 5 Ground Zeroes; looks good.

10. Final Fantasy XIII Toriyama in Vogue; yes, I am anticipating Finishing the Fight in a cat suit while alternating between inappropriately loud laughter and blubbering bouts of self hatred.

syko de4d

1. Pillars of Eternity. A classic ISO RPG after so many years. I need this!
2. Witcher 3.
3. Dark Souls 2
4. Everquest Next Landmark
5. Rest of the Walking Dead Season 2
6. Dragon Age: Inquisition
7. Game of Thrones Telltale Game
8. South Park: Stick of Truth
9. Titanfall
10. Rest of The Wolf Among us Season

But the most hyped i am for VR/Oculus Rift but thats not something that fits in a list like this :D

ymmv

Banned
1 - Uncharted 4 (I'm convinced it will hit in 2014)
2 - X
3 - Rime (I need an Ico fix)
4 - Infamous: Second Son
5 - The Witness
6 - Child of Light (wonderful art style)
7 - Witcher 3
8 - Watch Dogs
9 - Final Fantasy XIII: Lighting Returns (come at me, bro!)
10 - The Order (I was going to put MGS:GZ here, but I'm not convinced it's a full game)

2013 has been a great year IMO, and 2014 has the potential to match or even exceed it in terms of quality. We shall see!

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze : Retro studios is personally my favorite developer and Donkey Kong Country Returns is in my top 3 favorite 2D platformers of all time. Retro knocked it out of the park in their very first attempt at the genre and I am extremely excited to see how they build upon DKCR. And David Wise is back, so the soundtrack will undoubtedly be awesome.

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain : Metal Gear Solid was my introduction to the stealth genre way back when and it is still among the best in the genre in terms of gameplay in my opinion. I'm unsure of how well the series will translate to an open world, but am confident KojiPro will figure it out. I look forward to the crazy awesome boss fights and insane story (plot holes, inconsistencies, retcons, and all) that the series is known for.

3. Bayonetta 2 : While Bayonetta ranks lower on my list as far as Kamiya games go, I still loved it, and Bayonetta 2 is looking up the ante in every way. It was far and away my favorite demo from E3, and seems to look, run, and sound better on Wii U than it did PS360. The Wonderful 101 is tied for my game of the year, and we know the two teams were "competing" against each other to see who could make the craziest action sequences. If Bayonetta 2 can out-crazy The Wonderful 101 it will be a sight to behold.

4. The Evil Within : It looks to be more along the lines of Resident Evil 4 rather than classic Mikami survival horror. But whether it is more along the lines of the former or the latter matters not. This is Mikami's directorial swan song, which both excites me and makes me sad. His action games over the past several years has been astounding, but it is great to see him return to his roots. I expect greatness.

5. Among the Sleep : Another survival horror game, the concept drew me in from the beginning. I love controlling atypical characters in games, and crawling around as a baby to explore an erie world excites me greatly. I have never played a game by this indie studio, but what I have seen and know about it has me confident that this will be a unique experience.

6. The Witness : I never had much interest in Braid, but I am a HUGE fan of puzzle games and pretty art styles. The island this game takes place on is full of beauty and mystery, and I can't wait to get lost in it and solve apparently hundreds of puzzles the game provides.

7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 : While Mercury Steam's take on Castlevania hasn't necessarily been my favorite, I can't deny that I did enjoy Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate quite a bit, and this game looks like it will be the grand culmination of their ideas. They have show to have particularly strong art direction, which is important for the series. As a long time fan of the series, playing as Dracula has always been a fascinating though, and now it will become reality. Let's hope they deliver.

8. Watch Dogs : I don't particularly like Ubisoft, but out of all the 3rd party giants, they align with my tastes the most. I was disappointed when the game turned into a cover shooter near the end of it's debut demo, but if most of the game is allowed to be done stealthily like they have said, this could be a great game. I'm looking forward to seeing all the ways they've utilized the concept of manipulating digital technology into meaningful gameplay. This game has been in development a long time and I am more hopeful than I am confident that they will deliver. But if they do, it could be one of the best games of the year.

9. Wolfenstein: The New Order : I'm not the biggest fan of FPS games, but Wolfenstein 3D was the first one I played, and I have been waiting for a good Wolfenstein game ever since. I jumped for joy when it was announced to be a single player only game. Though the director sounds unenthusiastic in interviews, the gameplay doesn't seem amazing, but at least solid. Give me a meaty campaign with lots of secrets and cool weapons to kill mutant and robot Nazis and I will be happy.

10. Yarn Yoshi : I absolutely LOVED Kirby's Epic Yarn, and I am hoping Good Feel takes this style of game even further in Yarn Yoshi. The increased power of the Wii U along with their great art direction should make this an audiovisual feast. Good Feel has not released a game in quite some time, so I hope they hurry up and make me feel good :).

1. The Witcher 3 : This will be my first Witcher game and I really can't wait. A big, open-world RPG is just what I need on my new console right now.

2. Pillars of Eternity : I don't have a PC and will not be playing this game anytime in the near future, but I still backed it because I think what Obsidian is offering up is amazing and deserves to get made. Look forward to loving it from afar.

3. The WItness : Big puzzle games have hit a chord with me recently-- though I did love Myst back in the day-- and Mr. Blow's next game seems like it's shaping up to fill that gap nicely. Also, slated for an "early 2014" release hopefully means I'll be playing it within the next couple of months.

4. inFamous: Second Son : My most anticipated game from the initial PS4 unveiling last February. I've enjoyed the inFamous franchise so far and this game looks straight-up gorgeous. Plus, Troy Baker's voicing/mocap in this looks to be pretty great.

5. Galak-Z : Every time I see a clip or an interview about this game I get excited. Resogun has reminded me why I found twin-stick shooters so much fun back in the day and this game appears to throw in deeper customization and exploration into the mix. Sold.

6. Hotline Miami 2 : The sequel to one of my favorite games of 2013 is certainly a day 1 purchase for me (as well as its soundtrack). More murder please.

7. The Order: 1886 : To be honest the main thing exciting me so far about this is the art direction. I love the aesthetic they are going for and Ready At Dawn certainly has the chops to pull off something special.

8. Rime : Like The Witness, I'm loving the bright color palette they have shown for the game. I'm also a sucker for games where exploration is front-and-center.

9. Watch Dogs : Had this pre-ordered for my launch day PS4 but we all know how that ended. While I may hold off on buying this day one now that it's been delayed, I'd be lying if I said I still wasn't excited for the premise of the game. I really hope it delivers.

10. Child of Light : I think the UbiArt engine is begging to used for genres and properties other than Rayman (though I think Rayman is great) and Child of Light is a solid step in that direction.

Wynnebeck

Banned
1. Infamous: Second Son : The game is looking insane right now and I feel like it will be our first real look at next-gen gaming.

2. The Order: 1886

3. Uncharted 4

Panda Rin

1. The Witcher 3 : the second game was so engrossing. really hyped for this release
2. Destiny
3. Watch_Dogs
4. The Division
5. Persona 5
6. Transistor
7. The Order 1886
8. Infamous: Second Son
9. X
10. Dragon Age: Inquisition

Jagsrock

Banned
1.smash bros wii u
2.X
3.mario kart 8
4.destiny
5DKCTF
6.evil within
7.the division
8.project cars
9.bayonetta 2
10.yarn yoshi

thenexus6

1) Destiny - Bungie are my gods, love their work and this looks just so much fun

2) The Division - Never heard of this until E3? Looks soooo cool. Big fan of TC games

3) ESO - Enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, don't see why this won't be good fun too

4) Watch Dogs - Been on my radar in forever, looks better and better with each video

5) The Order: 1886 - Art style and concept seemed very interesting, will see how develops

6) Dying Light - Enjoyed Dead Island quite alot, this seems like a much better version

7) Driveclub - Need a new driving series to follow now i've switched to PS, seems cool

Then thinking like way out there, Rainbow Six (think it was announced as canned?) and the new Star Wars Battlefront III

Edwardo

1. TitanFall (I haven't played a great shooter in so long. I'm really hoping this game is great.)
2. Destiny
3. Halo 5
4. The Division
5. South Park The Stick of Truth

1. inFAMOUS: Second Son: A third entry in a franchise that didn't really need another installment, but seems to do enough different while still adhering to the original formula to warrant its existence.

2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: A mish-mash of Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Persona all combined and turned into the Battle Royale of visual novels.

3. The Witch and the Hundred Knight: A dark fantasy RPG with interesting gameplay mechanics and really impressive atmosphere.

4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC: Sequel to one if the thoughtful, characteristic RPG I've played in a long time.

5. Bravely Default: A seemingly refreshing handheld RPG that a adheres to classic RPG design while not whoring out nostalgia.

1. Mario Kart 8 : It's Mario Kart, the games have infinite legs with me and I loved(love) 7 and 8 looks amazing.

2. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze : It's Retro and they haven't missed yet and they won't here, looks to be up to the standards of Returns which was my favorite game of that year. 3D World was great and about flawless for what it was but THIS game will be the system's numero uno platformer.

3. Bayonetta 2 : I've actually only played Kamiya games in the past, not Platinum ones but The Wonderful 101 is the best game on the Wii U and I have always been intrigued by Bayonetta as some swear by it as the best action game ever made. After The Wonderful 101, I fully believe that Kamiya and Platinum are a one of kind developer and ahead of the game in many ways and while he's only supervising this one, he made it clear that he is supervising the most critical aspects of the sequel; it's in good hands.

4. Super Smash Brothers for Wii U : I will get both versions but this one will be the definitive one for a lot of reasons. I'm not as hardcore a Smash fan as many are but I like the series and would like to get really good at one iteration, why not now??? The game looks awesome visually and will sound awesome and I think Sakurai learned from some missteps in Brawl that will lead to this one being possibly the best in the series...depending on the online.

5. X : The Wii U does a pretty good job at covering many genres but this game certainly fills a need and looks awe-inspiring and very robust.

1. Metal Gear Solid V - Kojima taking MGS in a new direction with sandbox environments, Kiefer Sutherland and a two part release. This will either be an absolute work of art or the most polished, epic and cinematic failure of the year. (*not happy with how that sentence sounds but I think it communicates meaning).

2. The Order 1886: Excited to see what Ready at Dawn can do with next gen hardware. The fact they are using Uncharted 2 as a template and inspiration for this game is very exciting too as that was one of my favourite PS3 games.

3. South Park - The Stick of Truth: I have been a massive fan of the show since it's early days back in the late 90s. As a teenager I played the older games and enjoyed them for what they were (cash-ins with the humour of the show mostly lost in translation). The idea of a game written and voiced by the creators, animated just like the show and without the limitations of TV censorship is hugely exciting. Plus Obsidion have a somewhat decent track-record in the RPG genre.

4. Rime: Art direction is beautiful, the ICO inspiration is nice to hear. The team behind the game made Deadlight which was pretty decent. Cannot wait to see more on this.

5. The Evil Within: Shinji Mikami / action horror. Enough said. Looks horrifying in all the right ways.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
1) Mario Kart 8. It looks insanely good, and cant wait to play it online

2) DKCR: TF

3) Smash Bros WiiU

4) The Witcher 3

5) Cyberpunk

Matriox

1) Destiny (PS4) - Looks incredible, Bungie, online multiplayer with my friends/brothers, whats not to love?

2) Fallout 4 (PS4)- Waiting for some more information on this but if it does get a confirmation of 2014 drop it will probably be 1 on most anticipated... Still pretty amped at the possibility but for now Destiny is 1 since its definately coming...

3) Titanfall (PC or X1 if i have one at that time)- A supposidly better CoD than CoD, I already like Caw-a-dooty so this seems perfect for me.

4) The Order 1886 (PS4)- Visuals and representation look pretty phenominal, below Titanfall until I see some gameplay.

5) Diablo 3 Ultimate (PS4) - I still really like diablo-style dungeoncrawling and hoping for great things with this expansion, after a few patches it was a lot better but still not quite where I expected it to be, hoping this xpac turns things around.

6) Bravely Default (3DS)- Had no idea about this game until GAF hyped me into wanting this really bad..

7) Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)- Please something more along the lines of Origins...

8) Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- Played the first one a good bit and watched my brother play the second one, this looks like it will knock it out of the park.

9) The Division (PS4)- Looks pretty awesome, excited to see more.

10) Witcher 3 (PS4)- Never tried the first two Witchers, but this looks pretty incredible.

EDIT: Forgot all about the potential Fallout 4 drop Q4 2014

1. Kingdom Hearts 2.5; contains my favorite game(KH2) from my favorite series. KH2FM is my holy grail of gaming so I am super psyched to finally get to play it. To top that off, Birth by Sleep is in the top 3 of games I played last gen and the additions made to both are much more than what the original KH got in its updated version. Too bad this game wont be able to sustain the wait for FFXV or KH3 ;_;

2. Destiny; I have been a fan of Bungie since they made the marathon series. I feel like bungie is one of those developers you can trust to always put out a solid game that is enjoyable.

3. MGSV: Ground Zeroes; I finally started playing the MGS series about 2 years ago when Snake Eater 3D came out, and marathoned the entire series right after. It has become one of my favorites, and like bungie I feel like no matter what kojima gives us ill enjoy it.

too bad 3 of these come out within weeks of each other
4. Final Fantasy X HD; One of my all time favorite video games. I lost my copy a few years ago so i was pretty bummed by that but then square anounced the HD version. FFX has one of my favorite soundtracks ever, and after hearing how great the remastered music was in KH 1.5 I can't wait for what they do to FFX. X-2 doesnt count though.

5. Dark Souls 2; I got dark souls about a year ago and have played it more than any other game I own in that timespan. It is one of the very few games I have that gives me enough of a challenge and mulitple ways to play through it. Im hoping Dark SOuls 2 can live up to the first.

Field

1. Dark Souls 2 : The Souls series are my favorite games from last gen.
2. Persona 5 : Played both Persona 3 and 4 earlier this year and fell in love with the series.
3. The Evil Within : I hope this will mark a return of good horror games on console.
4. The Order 1886
5. Rime
6. Infamous Second Son

Top Bottom