• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF votes: Most anticipated 2014 game (voting ends midnight EST)

vall03

I skimmed the thread, and I think I have one of the weirdest list here. Anyway, heres my most anticipated games for 2014.

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC : The RPG everyone has been waiting for! Loved FC and I can't wait to finally play the sequel. People have also been saying, its the best Kiseki game in the series. Hopefully, sales will enable us to get Third someday.
2. Atelier Escha&Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky : Only been an Atelier fan since last year and theres no way I'm missing the latest entry. Also hoping that New Atelier Rorona and Atelier Ayesha Plus gets announced for US release next year.
3. Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS : I already love the reveals so far with Mega Man and Rosalina both playable. The version I choose would depend on a couple of my friends though, but for now I'm inclined to get the WiiU version
4. Bravely Default : People say its a better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy so I'm kinda curious, considering also that I wasn't big on 4 Heroes of Light too. Also not a big fan of the FF series but this got my attention.
5. Pesona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth : More hyped for this game than Persona 5 personally. Etrian Odyssey x Persona is a sure buy. While so far its only a JP release, fingers crossed that Atlus USA can get it out this year too.
6. Persona 5 : As I have mentioned in Persona Q, I find the reveal of the game, kinda lackluster, only a short teaser video? Not that hyped yet, but really glad that the game finally got announced and on PS3 too. But I'm sure this will change once details come out next year.
7. Mario Kart 8 : Loved the second trailer shown recently. Big fan of the local multiplayer so me and my friends would definitely love playing the new Mario Kart next year.
8. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc : My decision to skip the anime was the correct choice I see, considering the fan translation has been out on the PSP. Been curious about the Ace Attorney + Zero Escape similarities people have been saying about the game.
9. Demon Gaze : Solid dungeon-crawler based on impressions. Hopefully, it will be worth it.
10. Conception II : I never expected this game to get announced, no one did actually. But I've always wanted to try it. Despite how people joke on the premise of the game, impressions say its actually a good RPG.

I have a few other games I want like Tales of Xillia 2 and sadly not hyped for Tales of Symphonia. Theres also Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and Azran Legacies. Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is there but I'd prefer the Persona announcements over this one. A bit neutral on the Persona Dancing game and will wait. Not really that hyped for Persona 4 Arena 2 since I'm not really a big fighting game fan, but I guess it would be great when my friends are over.

Raysoul

1. X - Openworld RPG with Dinosaurs and Mechs, and a soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano. This is like my dream game.

2. Bayonetta 2 - Wonderful 101 is my GOTY so I have full faith on Platinum Games.

3. Super Smash Bros. 4 - It is Smash Brothers!

4. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - Old school RPG baby!

5. Mario Kart 8 - It is Mario Kart!

6. Kirby Triple Deluxe - The trailers looks fun, and there is a Kirby Smash Bros. minigame.

7. Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney - The very reason I got my 3DS.

8. Watch_Dogs - The action scenes on the previews made me wow.

9. Hyrule Warriors - Yeah seriously. Looks fun.

10. Child of Light - Artstyle is great, hopefully it will match the story and gameplay.

Budr

1. Destiny : looks like Borderlands, which I like
2. Murder Soul Suspect
3. The Evil Within
4. Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
5. The Division

Xilium

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt : Witcher 2 was probably my favorite RPG of last generation so I'm really excited for the sequel.
2. Persona 5 : The Persona games (specifically 3 and 4) have some of my favorite character interactions in video games so I'm hoping 5 continues that trend.
3. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD : My favorite FF (until I randomly decided to put XII above it) in glorious HD.
4. Dark Souls II : The Soul games have, by far, the best grounded (not overly exaggerated) action combat in the RPGs and probably across all grounded action games.
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix : It's Kingdom Hearts 2 in HD. Also, I didn't get too far in BBS so it'll be a good opportunity to play through that game completely.
6. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles : The game didn't hook me early on the first time I tried to play it and I've just never gone back to try and play it again but people swear by it so I'm gonna give it another go.
7. Deep Down : The online focused nature of it causes some pause but the game still looks and sounds awesome.
8. Watch_Dogs : Just seems like an interesting premise.
9. The Division : Just seems like a cool MMORPG-ish/Shooter could be very interesting. Still need more info though.
10. Dragon Age Inquisition : Cautiously optimistic

1.X : Monolith making me sport a monolith everytime I see the trailer again.
2.Smash Bros WiiU/3DS : Seems to be a semi-return to form, as well as a pretty decent leap over what Brawl was to Melee. Not to mention the Namco netcode well be seeing here.
3.Bravely Default : My 1st Final Fantasy
4.Persona 5
5.Monster Hunter 4
6.Tales of Zestiria:Kind of interested after seeing the battle and the hints of no battle transition.
7.Bayonetta 2:After playing the 1st one a bit, gotta say I didn't think I'd enjoy it so much.
8.The Witcher 3: I loathed the Witcher 1 after the 1st 4 hours, but this look really damn pretty. As long as the combat isn't as awful as 1 is I'll give it a shot. Hyped to see where this will go to.
9.Mario Kart 8: Well I've never bought a Mario Kart yet, but this looking to be fineeee.
10.Hyrule Warriors: I uhh...I'm sorry.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1. Titanfall : Looks like pure, unadulterated fun. I just wish it was coming out on PS4, cause otherwise I can't play it. :-(

2. Destiny : Another dose of that Bungie magic.

3. Galak-Z : I've been dreaming about a game like this since I was a little kid.

Raymo

1. Destiny
2. Infamous SS
3. The Witness
4. The Witcher 3
5. The Order 1886
6. Everquest Next
7. Elder Scrolls Online

Superman

1. Persona 5 - Follow up to my favourite JRPG ever. Nothing can raise my hype levels.

2. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game series... So it was tough to pick a No. 1.

3. InFAMOUS: Second Son - Looks amazing. Loved InFAMOUS so far, and each game has seen improvements over the last. Hope this continues.

4. Destiny - Because Bungie. Nothing more needs to be said.

5. Dark Souls II - I love the Souls' games!

6. The Order: 1886 - The setting is right up my street being a Londoner... It looks like it has an excellent atmosphere from the footage we've seen. Looks great from what I've seen so far. RAD haven't made a dud yet!

7. Ys: Memories of Celceta (EU) - My most anticipated Vita game for next year. Heard great things.

8. Halo 5 - Me and my mate have completed every Halo the day it has been released on Legendary. This won't change. We were both disappointed in Halo 4... But are hopeful this will be great.

9. The Witcher 3 - Haven't played the first 2, but have seen enough screenshots and videos to know this looks amazing.

10. Hotline Miami - Loved the first. Dat Soundtrack!

Edit: Dammit! Forgot about The Order: 1886. Changed my list accordingly.

Linkyn

While we already know quite a abit about 2014's releases, a good portion of the usual suspects (eg Titanfall, Destiny) simply don't interest me at all. After some consideration, I have managed to come up with a handful of games I am really looking forward to.

Super-Smash-Bros-for-Wii-U-620x350.png

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014 - Wii U) : This one is by far my most anticipated game scheduled for a 2014 release. It is the upcoming release I am following the most actively and is already shaping up to be one hell of a title. Although I do own both a Wii U and a 3DS, I prefer playing my games sitting in my chair / on my couch with a few friends, so the console version takes priority over the portable one.

Mario-Kart-8-620x350.jpg

2. Mario Kart 8 (Spring 2014 - Wii U) : I'm excited for MK8 for the same reasons I'm excited for Smash. It augments the software library of the Wii U, it is a new game in one of the few franchises I actually like playing competitively, and most importantly, it is bound to be a great deal of fun.

1377987411-dragon-age-inquisition-620x350.jpg

3. Dragon Age: Inquisition (Q3 2014 - PC) : After Nintendo's multiplayer powerhouses comes the third part of Bioware's Dragon Age series. Not much is known about this game at this point, and Dragon Age 2 was certainly far from what it could have been, but what information we have seems to indicate that Inquisition is looking to address all of 2's issues. I am a huge fan of Dragon Age: Origins, and the possibility of Inquisition achieving a balanced mix between its two prequels is enough to get me going.

The-Witcher-3-620x350.jpg

4. The Wichter 3: Wild Hunt (Q2 2014 - PC) : Also on my list is another RPG (albeit quite different from the squad-based tactical RPG Inquisition). I got into this franchise with the second game, and CD Projekt Red's upcoming conclusion to Geralt of Rivia's story should prove every bit as enticing as their previous games (if not more so).

Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze-990x534-620x350.png

5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (February 21st 2014 - Wii U) : Part of me still wishes that Tropical Freeze wouldn't have been delayed, but I like to think that they did it to be able to properly implement Cranky. I loved DKCR on the Wii and am really looking forward to find out what made Retro stick to the DK ip instead of moving on to what many people were hoping to be a new Metroid.

yoshi_new_island-620x350.jpg

6. Yoshi's New Island (Spring 2014 - 3DS) : With games like Bravely Default already out in Europe, there are not that many unknowns left for the 3DS in 2014 at this point. Still, this particular title has had my attention since its reveal. We only get a Yoshi game every so often, and if Yoshi's Island DS is any indication, owners of Nintendo's portable system should be in for quite a treat next year.

f1358e1e152a65a0af2e0e0893dc206eeb91fcb9.jpg__620x350_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

7. X (2014 - Wii U) : I never got around to finishing Xenoblade, and I don't really know what to expect from this game, but it definitely has me intrigued. Part of anticipation is not knowing much about a game and just wanting to find out more, and that more than qualifies this RPG that Monolith Soft is developing for the Wii U.

sims-4-logo-620x350_620x350.jpg

8. The Sims 4 (Q3 2014 - PC) : This is certainly the odd title in my list. For better or worse, Sims games have always turned out to be huge timesinks for me (although I usually only buy the main game). The Sim City backlash has led EA to express their wish to keep The Sims 4 offline (and I'm definitely hoping not to see an overexposure of microtransactions), but I do realize that we're talking about EA here (who, at the very least, have done some rather shady things with their games in the past few years), so I'm merely being cautiously optimistic about this game right now.

watch-dogs-artwork-620x350.jpg

9. Watch_Dogs (Spring 2014 - PC) : While I was initially very excited for Watch Dogs, my hype level has been steadily decreasing with every new bit of exposure. By now, I still believe that it is going to be a good game, but something just feels a bit off about it (though I can't quite put my finger on what exactly that is). Still, I can at least see myself purchasing it if it doesn't go up against any other big releases.

On top of these, I am also excited for:

Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls1-620x350.jpg

x. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (March 25th 2014 - PC)

warlords-of-draenor-800x600-620x350.jpg

x. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014 - PC)

Since expansions are not elligible for ranking, but I am very much looking forward to playing them, I am merely adding them as honourable mentions.

Edit: Some formatting.

Wedge7

1. Pillars of Destiny - Just edged out Persona 5(who knows if its even 2014), but seeing as how BG2 is easily in my top 2 or 3 games of all time, can never quite pinpoint if its my favorite, it was a no brainer. I want this game to be good so bad, and hopefully, it'll live up to the hype. The only slight downside so far is the animation quality and graphical polish, but that'll obviously be touched up, still, that stuff is secondary to the overall story and gameplay.

2. Persona 5 - Persona is probably my favorite series, and jRPGs are my favorite genre, so its not too surprising. P5 was probably one of my most anticipiated games, but it just narrowly lost to PoD. I loved P3 and P4 so much, and I'm so eager to see what they can do on current gen (lol) hardware.

3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC - Amazing to think in 2014 that a PsP game is this high on my list. A testament to the quality of the game I suppose.

4. Wildstar - A decade or more ago (!!!) the genre that I played the most of, and eagerly hyped up like no other was the MMORPG. I said earlier that jrpg are my favorite genre and they are, but nothing quite excited and got me eagerly checking out fansites daily like MMO's. I used to play every single one, until more and more of them started to suck, and I sorta got a little burned out on the genre. Wildstar is the next game that looks pretty interesting, and I love the artstyle and the fact that they have Open PvP, which has always been a huge selling point for me.

5. Halo 5 - I have alot of friends who play games, but a certain subset of them will just for whatever reason, never be PC gamers, and for alot of them, they only play Sports game and Halo basically. So Halo for me is always my chance to game with them, and while I'm no crazy about the game, for me just playing with them is what makes it so fun.

6. X

7. Titanfall

8. Destiny

9. Bravely Default

10. X

cj_iwakura

1) Persona 5 - Atlus' next project. Mainline Persona. Take the money.
2) Drakengard 3 - Yoko Taro is an insane genius. Those deserve support.
3) Danganronpa - Been waiting for this, even ignored the PSP fan translation.
4) Dark Souls II - From can't fail.
5) Shadowgate - Happy backer, can't wait for the final product.
6) The Witcher III - Sure it'll be as great as the first two.
7) Persona 4 Dancing - Looks stupidly fun, and I love rhythm games.
8) BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (localization) - This is for the story.
9) Trails in the Sky SC - If we don't support niche, quality RPGs in their time of need, why support any?
10) Hotline Miami II - The first was solid enough.

Honorable mention to whatever Victor Ireland has planned.

dyergram

1) hotline miami 2
2) the division
3)the order
4)destiny
5)deep down
6)witcher 3
7)bayonetta 2
8)watchdogs

Can't think of 10 which is a bit depressing.

Seik

Banned
1) Monolith Soft's 'X'
2) Smash Bros U
3) Bayonetta 2
4) Bravely Default
5) Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
6) Mario Kart 8

1. Dark Souls 2; This is the sequel to last gen's GOTG. ENOUGH SAID!
2. Monster Hunter 4 HD Edition; hey a boy can dream
3. Destiny
4. The Division
5. Hotline Miami 2

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1.) Dark Souls II - Sequel to one of my favorite games ever
2.) South Park: Stick of Truth - Obsidian plus South Park means GREAT SUCCESS!
3.) Destiny - I'm a little nervous about this game, but still holding out faith Bungie will pull through
4.) The Witcher III - I haven't even played the first two but I will sometime this year. This looks unbelievable though.
5.) Persona 5

If Halo can somehow make I'll probably buy a XBO on the spot and it would shoot to the top of my list. Not sure it will though. Also even though I don't own a Wii U I really want MK8, SSB and X. But I wanted to keep the list to just five.

Next year doesn't look that great. We're in the transition from PS3/360 gen to this new gen. We'll see a lot of ports that don't fully utilize the power of PS4 or XBO.

wildfire

Banned
You guys need to remember to add a a sentence or 2 explaining why one of your games is anticipated so much, otherwise your entire list won't count.

1) The Witcher 3 - I built my first gaming PC so I could play the first Witcher. The second was an absolute joy to play. I have complete faith that the 3rd will be spectacular.

2) South Park: TSOT

3) Titanfall - I've seen it.

4) Destiny - I want to see what Bungie have been up to.

5) Dark Souls 2

6) The Evil Within

Melchiah

1. The Order: 1886 : The scant released material has certainly picked my eye, as has the concept; a horror-themed game with werewolves(!) set in an alternate history. Ready at Dawn's past merits give me faith for the game.
2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture : Seems like just my kind of game, as I enjoy unforgettable experiences like Shadow of Memories, Silent Hill 2, Journey, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls more than needlessly frustrating challenges. The setting sounds intriguing.
3. Rime : Love the art style, which creates a magical sense of wonder.
4. Dying Light : Next gen Dead Island with improved gameplay mechanics. Count me in.
5. The Evil Within : Cautiously optimistic, eventhough Mikami ruined the Resident Evil series with the 4th entry, and his work outside of RE1-3 & CV, and the 1st Dino Crisis hasn't really interested me. He hasn't always struck gold, as he was also the executive producer of the atrocious Dino Crisis 3. I just hope the game is more about horror than action and QTEs.
6. Destiny : Sci-fi and co-op on an epic scale excites me, but I'm doubtful about the quality of the single player experience, as I want to play on my own as well.
7. The Witcher 3 ; The series has interested me for a long time, and now it's finally coming to a platform I play on. Hopefully the open world theme won't mean the usual nuisances of the genre; going back and forth the same locations, and fighting respawning enemies, while doing trivial quests that are essentially the same.
8. The Witness : I didn't enjoy Braid that much, but this one's visual style appeals to me, I just hope the puzzles will be better and more varied.
9. Daylight : Looks moody and creepy, and I love horror. What else can I say?
10. Outlast : Looks interesting based on the material I've seen, although I'm a bit sceptical about running and hiding as the only option.

Honorable mention goes to Murdered: Soul Suspect, as its concept heavily reminds me of Shadow of Memories, but I highly doubt it's going to be as good, considering what Square Enix has published during the past few years.

The negative tone is caused by my pessimism, which is fed by the lack of knowledge about the games at this point. However, I couldn't be more thrilled about the return of survival horror, which is likely partly due to the huge success of The Last of Us. It's going to be a long wait for all the games to be released.

nacimento

1. Witcher 3: Witcher 2 is an absolute masterpiece and Wild Hunt looks hugely ambitious.
2. Dragon Age: Inquisition: Loved Origins, even liked 2, so I have high hopes for 3.
3. Age of Wonders 3: I need more TBS, more!
4. Smash Bros. 3DS: I love Smash and I love my 3DS. Marriage made in heaven.
5. Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord: This Gen's sleeper hit getting a sequel, YES!
6. Layton vs. Ace Attorney: Two of my favorite franchises coming together.
7. Divinity: Original Sin: Larian is one of the world's most underrated developers.
8. Thief: Looking good even if Garett became random Assassin Dude #6.
9. Tropico 5: No new Anno or Settlers (Why, Ubi???). So let's be El Presidente.
10. Battle Islands: Kronos: Looks great.

Special Mentions: Watch_Dogs and SMT 4 (It's coming to Europe in 2014, right? :( )

velociraptor

1. Destiny
2. The Order
3. Dark Souls 2
4. Infamous
5. Hotline Miami 2
6. Deep Down
7. Titanfall
8. Witcher 3 (provided it has good combat)
9. Watch Dogs
10. The Division (Ubisoft. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....)

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC : The continuation to one of the most enticing and engrossing JRPG experiences I've ever played. I am beyond hyped.
2. DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havok : More visual novels/adventure games are always a good thing, and this one looks phenomenal. The unique take on the genre and the OTT presentation style just add to the appeal.
3. Coming Out on Top : Finally, an English gay male visual novel/dating sim, made for adults. The creator is putting her heart and soul into this, and judging from the demo, it's gonna be an alluring and entertaining ride.
4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS : It's still not at Brawl levels of hype, but the excitement for this game has been building, especially lately. Hopefully this will be the linchpin to Nintendo's upswing for the Wii U.
5. Super Health Club : Another one in the (hopefully) emerging English gay male dating sim genre. The artwork for the game is phenomenal and the concept is ripe for... opportunity.
6. X : If this can continue in the vein of Xenoblade, then this will be an outstanding edition to the JRPG genre.
7. Bravely Default : A return to the type of JRPGs that made SE great. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
8. Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright : Despite being a non-canon spin-off of both series, it'll still be more of each, and that's always a good thing.
9. Tales of Xillia 2 : Another solid entry into a franchise that used to be on life support in the US. It's so nice to see Bamco really putting their weight behind the series now.
10. Persona 4: Dancing All Night : It's so bizarre that it has to be amazing.

There are lots of other games too, plus ones that aren't officially confirmed like Zero Escape Vol. 3, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem and Persona 5, but I didn't want to include them until they are 100%. 2014 looks like it'll be an outstanding year.

LGom09

1. Bayonetta 2 : Sequel to one of my favourite games of all time.
2. The Witness
3. X
4. Super Smash Bros Wii U

7. Mario Kart 8
8. Dark Souls II
9. Bravely Default
10. The Division

Lacedaemon

Neo Member
1. Dreamfall Chapters : My favorite series is coming back after 8 long years. I'm happy.
2. The Witcher 3
3. Pillars of Eternity
4. Destiny
5. Rime
6. Broken Age
7. Child of Light
8. Metal Gear Solid V
9. Hyper Light Drifter
10. Halo 5

1. Drakengard 3: The series was suppose to be dead at some point with Cavia's decision to seize developing video games. it's hard not to get exited for this unique gem.
2. Dreamfall Chapters: My favourite Adventure series is finally getting a sequel.
3. Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope: Because incompetent Nintendo aren't making a good 2D Metroid any time soon, let alone a Metroid game.
battle-soeuqv.gif
stomph0u4q.gif

4. Destiny: It's Bungie's next serious step after Halo, plus the game looks promising.
5. Project CARS: Since Sony have ruined GT6 with microtransactions, this game is going to relieve my car-sim itch next year.
6. Tom Clancy's The Division: Massive Entertainment's next real big project after the amazing World in Conflict.

Feindflug

1. Dark Souls II
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Monolith's X
4. The Evil Within
5. Hotline Miami 2
6. Super TIME Force
7. Drakengard 3
8. Halo 5
9. Titanfall
10. The Witcher 3

GeoramA

1. inFamous: Second Son - Open World action is my 'go to' genre and this is looking freaking amazing.
2. Watch Dogs - Again, open world action that has looked great since it was first shown. Takes place in Chicago, a city I frequent quite often.
3. Metal Gear Solid 5 - Next-gen entry in a legendary series. Nothing else to be said, really. Open world too :)
4. The Order: 1886
5. Dying Light
6. South Park: The Stick of Truth
7. The Witness
8. The Witcher 3
9. Rime
10. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

1. The Order 1886: Love the style and everything about the game I've read so far.
2. Driveclub: Social aspect and graphics quality really stand out to me.
3. Destiny: Like their long term vision, and the style and rig elements remind me of Phantasy Star.

1. Bravely Default
2.Titan Fall
3. The Division
4.South Park The Stick of Truth
5. Sims 4
6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
7.X
8.Smash Bros 4 3DS
9. Hyrule Warriors
10.MGS5

1. Titanfall : One of the most anticipated games I've ever had, right next to Mass Effect 3. Game looks fun as hell.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition : I don't really follow many gaming franchises, but Dragon Age is one of the few. So I'm definitely in for DA: I

3. NBA 2K15 : Even though all the recent stuff about VC in 2K14 has somewhat soured me on the franchise and the game mechanics don't really seem to have improved, there's just too much I'm looking forward to for me to ignore the game. As I play on PC, I finally wanna see what the next gen version of the game looks like. Plus dat dream draft class.

Bauer24

1: The Witcher 3
2: Order 1886
3: Game of Thrones Telltale Games
4: Murdered Soul Suspect
5: MGS V
6: The Division
7: Thief
8: Infamous: Second Son
9: Dying Light
10: Watch Dogs

Weegee

1. The Witcher 3: played the 2nd on 360 and thought it was great. The third one is looking amazing. I'm really excited to play it.
2. Infamous Second Son: It's the first big exclusive on PS4 that is a must play for me.
3. Mario Kart 8: It's been a few years since I've played a mario kart game. I think it's time to jump back in and race a few laps when this comes out.
4. Watch Dogs: I was looking forward to play this on my PS4 at launch but delays happen,
5. The Witness: Braid actually got me back into gaming when I was going to phase of being bored with video games. really excited to play Blow's new game.
6. Dark Souls 2: I actually just started the first one last week. I'm enjoying how brutal and terrifying the game can be. Loving the art direction for the monsters and world.
7. Smash Bros Wii U: Loved Melee but i found Brawl too floaty and online had too much lag. Hopefully this reinvigorates my smash love.
8. Destiny: Not the biggest online multiplayer gamer, but this game definitely has my attention. I've always liked the Halo games, so I'll probably be picking this up.

I would love to say Fall Out 4 as my top game but it has not been confirmed yet. :(

1: Super Smash Bros Wii U
2: Super Smash Bros 3DS
3: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
4: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
5: Mario Kart 8
6: Destiny
7: The Order: 1866
8: Halo 5
9: Watch Dogs
10: The Division

Smash Bros Wii U - need I say anything more. Sakurai does a phenomenal job with the fan service, including characters, stages, music and more, which make this my most anticipated game of 2014.

1. Infamous: Second Son - I love Infamous, I love beeing a superhero in an open world and it looks amazing.

2. Destiny - I'm basically hyped because it looks like a next level Halo.

3. TheOrder1886 - ReadyAtDawn made three of my favorite games(Daxter, GhostOfSparta, ChainsOfOlympus), the setting is awesome and I think they can really shine with their first home console game.

4. DriveClub - I was sceptical, but the recent footage won me over. I'll play the shit out of that game just because it looks like an orgasm converted to pixels.

Crawl

1. Witcher 3 - The Best RPG series I've played.
2. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
3. The Order 1886
4. Infamous Second Son

Gorey

1: Witcher 3. Because 1 was good, 2 was great, and Fallout 4 isn't a 2014 game.
2: Destiny. Bungie, Borderlands, and background/universe concept.
3. Starbound "phase something or other". Pixelart, gameplay and stuff.
4. inFamous Second Son. Because they done screwed up Crackdown and I don't care for Just Cause.
5. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls. Auction House good riddance...and I heard some Paladin knockoff is included too.

6. X

10. X

???

anyway:
1. X - Monolith Soft's next game should hopefully be as great or even better than Xenoblade....but does this even come out in 2014?
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS - hopefully this game plays closer to Melee than to Brawl, looking forward to this regardless though
3. Titanfall - if nothing else, just for the impact it'll have on Xbox One (lol)

will add more later

Zia

1. Hyper Light Drifter (PC)
2. Sportsfriends (PS4): Upon release this'll be the best local MP game ever made.
3. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
4. The Witness (PC)
5. Below (XB1)
6. Super Time Force (XB1)
7. Broken Age (PC)
8. Super Smash Bros (Wii U)
9. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
10. Transistor (PC)

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U: Been playing the Smash brothers series since the 64 days. And online should be really good this time. My most anticipated game.
2. Super Smash Bros 3ds: Portable Smash? Heck yes. Will be good for long trips or breaks at work.
3. Mario Kart 8: Been playing this since the SNES days. Very fun series and the online sounds really fun.

DC R1D3R

Banned
1. Titanfall. Respawn, leaders of the pack back in the fray to show others how it's done. Can't wait. Will shift boat loads of X1's also.

2. Devil's Third. As above but replace Itagaki with respawn!

3. Fifa World Cup 14.

4. Driveclub. I'll get the PS4 if it's any good.

Jachaos

1. Super Smash Bros. : It's Smash. They're among my favourite, most-played games of all time.
2. Mario Kart 8 : Also going to be a great local game to play. Hyped for it to release and get some local and online play going. The original Super Mario Kart was the first game I ever played (I think).
3. inFamous Second Son : Looks great and seems to be play just as great.
4. Hotline Miami 2 : Just finished getting the Platinum Trophy for the original. It's now one of my most anticipated games, such a great package.
5. DriveClub : Probably the most visually impressive game I've seen so far and I love racing games. Only disappointed there won't be split-screen play.
6. Watch_Dogs : Was one of my most anticipated, and will likely be one of my favourites if the game gets it done but I now doubt it will end up as impressive as the original trailer. I have faith Ubisoft Montréal will be able to create a great game on par with Assassin's Creed II and Far Cry 3 given enough time, which they seem to be getting.
7. Hohokum : Looks really interesting, plain and simple.
8. The Order 1866 : Love the vibe from the concept arts.
9. Valiant Hearts : Seems pretty unique so far.
10. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze : Always love a good Donkey Kong game. I know what I'm getting from it for the most part but I know I'll love it.

Jigorath

Banned
1. Dark Souls II (Loved the first game, can't wait to play this one)
2. Infamous Second Son
3. South Park The Stick of Truth
4. The Witcher 3

nns3d

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Not much explanation needed, love the SSB series and I'm excited to see what this title brings to the table.

2. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: I'm probably not gonna buy a Playstation 4 (or TPP) in the near future, so being able to play this on my 360 will be nice. Excited to see how MGS will translate into an open-world enviorment.

3. Mario Kart 8: I'm not even a big fan of this series but the trailers and footage they've shown us looks incredible.

TaroYamada

1. Metal Gear Rising (PC) : Platinum's masterful, one of the few aspects of console gaming I miss since going PC exclusive. I'm very excited to welcome them to the PC space in the hopes that more of their previous/future games may come to my platform of choice.
2. Pillars of Eternity : Excited to see what Obsidian does here even if I'm not the hugest fan of the graphical style, I have a lot of confidence in them, I thought I hated WRPGs until I played Alpha Protocol. In general I'm excited to see where this Kickstarter push takes PC gaming and this (along with Broken Age) is at the forefront of my mind when I think of this wave of KS titles.
3. The Witcher 3 :
4. Project Cars :
5. Broken Age :
6. Star Citizen :
7. Dark Souls II :
8. Massive Chalice :
9. Destiny :
10. Bayonetta 2 :

Destiny/Bayonetta 2 are only that low because they have no PC releases. I'm confident Destiny will show up on the platform at some point, without confirmation it ends up lower on my list.

Top Bottom