• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Windows/Linux/Apple/Android Homescreen Thread (2013 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aQn.png
I can't remember where I found the BoI wallpaper, so I've uploaded it here fo yo stank azz

abunai

Been playing around with Litestep again as it isn't completely broken on Windows 7 anymore, apparently.

Litestep theme: Blueberry by mangosango (deviantart).
Windows visual theme: iBaked by neiio (deviantart).
Wallpapers: "half awake" and "going nowhere" (fiftyfootshadows).
Rainmeter clock: Elegance 2 by lilshizzy (deviantart).
Launchy: Helix by mangosango (deviantart).
Font smoothing: Win7Opt config for MacType

I switched to iOS from Android two years ago and swore I would never go back.

I lied.

I have a Droid RAZR HD for work. I hate the hardware design and what Motorola did to stock Android, but there is so much to love. I am now longing for mid-June when I can switch from my iPhone 4S to a GS4. A larger screen (for me) makes a big difference.

8736599713_15c7ab44b1_z.jpg
8736599687_2c8378a701_z.jpg

This is what I created and I love it. I am still tweaking (which apps to display, etc.) but am very happy with this home screen.

Launcher: Nova Prime
Wallpaper: http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1908939
Clock Widget: HD Widgets
Icons: Pure Rounds by Screenlicious
Weather Widget: Eye in the Sky
Indicators Widget: HD Widgets

VoxPop

I lied.

I have a Droid RAZR HD for work. I hate the hardware design and what Motorola did to stock Android, but there is so much to love. I am now longing for mid-June when I can switch from my iPhone 4S to a GS4. A larger screen (for me) makes a big difference.

This is what I created and I love it. I am still tweaking (which apps to display, etc.) but am very happy with this home screen.

Love it :)

VoxPop

I lied.

Used some of those icons :p

Still a work in progress

Anyone know where I can find a comprehensive (as in, replaces all windows default icons) icon set in the windows 8 / modern style?

I can't stop playing with my home screen.

This weekend, I decided I wanted something colorful yet minimal. It took me a few hours, but here's what I settled on. I still can't believe I can do this without rooting.

8758607888_b991ffe417_z.jpg

Wallpaper: Motif
Clock: HD Widgets
Weather: HD Widgets
App Headings: UCCW
App Icons: Minimal UI
Dock Icons: Google Now by Screenlicious (the only thing not on the Play Store)
http://www.screenlicious.com/portfolio-item/google-now-icons/

More tweaking!

I changed my homescreen three times during the past three weeks, but I think I really have one I like. Minimal, colorful, functional.

8785540878_0dc388ab7d_z.jpg
8778966907_0f6f2a74b9_z.jpg

Wallpaper: Minimal UI
App Icons: Minimal UI, Goolors, Stark
Dock Icons: Google Now
App Headings: UCCW

I created, from scratch, the app headings to match the look on the Play Store. I have additional headings for FAVORITES, SOCIAL, SPORTS, GAMES and NEWS. They will be put to good use when I get my GS4 and can load it with apps I should not put on my work phone.

QAFGRmq.jpg

Pictured is my desktop PC running Windows 8 at 1920x1080. I also have a laptop/tablet (1366x768) but it looks more or less the same thanks to the syncing functionality in Win8.

Trivia:
I haven't listened to the song yet despite it being there for three weeks. I should probably get on that. If you noticed uTorrent in the taskbar I can only tell you that I do not use it for illegal downloads.

Apologies for posting here so often!

There is inspirational work here and elsewhere (My Color Screen) and my newfound interest in Android is leading to a lot of experimentation.

I like home screens that are informative, functional and minimal. Here's my latest effort...

8995022247_2f3deea506_c.jpg

Wallpaper
  • Color Wallpaper
  • Dark Grey 2 #181818

Icons
  • Goolors
  • Minimal UI
  • Tiny Whites

Widgets
  • UCCW (clock and date, custom design w/Roboto Light font)
  • Simple RSS

Okay. I went off the deep end after getting my GS4 last week.

Two months of designing, looking for inspiration and tweaking (a lot of tweaking) has led me to this; a homescreen that is clean, colorful, personal and informative all while fitting with Google's design language. I love it.

Wallpaper: custom (made with Pixelmator on Mac)
Icons: Goolors and Minimal UI, Tiny Black for dock functions
Widgets: Date, Alarm and Weather is a custom made 4x1 UCCW widget... my Verge/Polygon RSS feed is Simple RSS Widget

9109526938_06eb52d723_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom