• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
_dementia said:
I wonder if this is intentional or not?

JE0L1.jpg
smiley_lol.gif
smiley_lol.gif
smiley_lol.gif

That is the funniest thing I've ever seen.
smiley_lol.gif

Olorin

I cosplayed Perry the Platypus at a smallish Dutch convention last sunday...
perry1.jpg

...and ho-ly crap, I had no idea Perry would be so popular! Girls were all over me, I was dragged from one random photoshoot to the next. I must have hugged and posed with at least 100 people and at one point I was surrounded by 10 girls on the floor in worshipping positions.
I've done cosplays before and gotten plenty of attention, but this was just insane! I had a great time though, and luckily my girlfriend isn't the jealous type.

PacoDG

So I made a cosplay costumes site (already have a bunch of images from here and of course pics I have taken, site is just being built up to have a decent base of images then I'll have it queued up to do maybe 3 pics a day or something). Anyways, I have been seeing some amazing cosplay this past week trying to get the shit together, here are some picks of the liter (i'll keep coming back here as I see more of course)

tumblr_lerrws1Nnx1qfkp42

tumblr_lfv4yy44Vi1qggjrpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lax2coK30M1qzp4mwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lft6qhOnXo1qbayglo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lftiu0wM3X1qaorg1

tumblr_lfv734q6Sm1qga1f2o1_500.jpg

^One of my favorite cosplays of all time, so simple

PacoDG said:
So I made a cosplay costumes site (already have a bunch of images from here and of course pics I have taken, site is just being built up to have a decent base of images then I'll have it queued up to do maybe 3 pics a day or something). Anyways, I have been seeing some amazing cosplay this past week trying to get the shit together, here are some picks of the liter (i'll keep coming back here as I see more of course)

http://guessthecosplay.tumblr.com/photo/1280/3067866233/1/tumblr_lerrws1Nnx1qfkp42[IMG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfv4yy44Vi1qggjrpo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lax2coK30M1qzp4mwo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lft6qhOnXo1qbayglo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://guessthecosplay.tumblr.com/photo/1280/3051157985/1/tumblr_lftiu0wM3X1qaorg1[IMG]

[IMG]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfv734q6Sm1qga1f2o1_500.jpg[IMG]
^One of my favorite cosplays of all time, so simple[/QUOTE]
just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth, but I really think you should either post the cosplayer's name/username or whatever or put up a notice on the website saying something like "if one of your images is featured here and would like to be credited accordingly, please contact me at *****@***.*** with your info" Don't want to accidentally piss someone off or anything, right?

PacoDG

Somewhat Damaged said:
just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth, but I really think you should either post the cosplayer's name/username or whatever or put up a notice on the website saying something like "if one of your images is featured here and would like to be credited accordingly, please contact me at *****@***.*** with your info" Don't want to accidentally piss someone off or anything, right?

Most the pictures if not from here (which I do think I've been keeping track of specific posts if not peoples flickr sites and what not), one other site owned by someone I worked with, or my own personal photos.... they are from tumblr users, which auto attaches to the post whoever the original 'blogger' of it is ... having said that though.. I have thought about writing up a good little "If you see your pic here want credit and etc" info box on top of the built in tumblr ask and submit pages ( .com/ask .com/submit on every tumblr ). So basically I wrote all this to say .. 'yup, i'm on it' (at my 9 to 5 right now though, so this will be handled tonight)

Olorin said:
I cosplayed Perry the Platypus at a smallish Dutch convention last sunday...

...and ho-ly crap, I had no idea Perry would be so popular! Girls were all over me, I was dragged from one random photoshoot to the next. I must have hugged and posed with at least 100 people and at one point I was surrounded by 10 girls on the floor in worshipping positions.
I've done cosplays before and gotten plenty of attention, but this was just insane! I had a great time though, and luckily my girlfriend isn't the jealous type.

You are now my God. Please bestow upon me your blessings of harem girls.

Platy

PacoDG said:
tumblr_lg1inmHUOZ1qd3f9ko1_500.jpg

(this didn't actually look like a Photoshop to me)

frkdk.jpg

..and the left alex large girl looks like Amanda Palmer

edit :
PacoDG said:

Tip : it is insanely easier to hover the mouse on the timestamp link to see who are the people from the cosplays than going to the amazon link =P

PacoDG

Platy said:
Tip : it is insanely easier to hover the mouse on the timestamp link to see who are the people from the cosplays than going to the amazon link =P

tumblr_lfrek9GZ4C1qcv9zpo1_500.jpg

lol, I did set this twitter up the same time I set the site up, has what the cosplay is plus related hashtags only, so I put that as the 'answer feed' (I needed to set something up to keep track of shit as I wasn't able to use the built in tumblr hash tags without it being super obvious.. and twitter was a good choice, helps keep things simple overall with the site).

..and now.. the cutest thing ever..
tumblr_lg9j5lbazG1qh02zpo1_400.jpg

I don't think I've seen this Mai in the thread yet..

tumblr_lg2l2pFE8A1qbea7to1_400.jpg

tumblr_learq18SfX1qdlvzfo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_lg4qhzMas41qepom3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lg4svniIzh1qcpz23o1_500.jpg

PacoDG

milkham said:
Are you using other people's photos and linking to amazon products using your affiliate code?

Having worked on many many web sites, and having my words literally stolen to be used on a for profit web site, I don't like the implication of the wording going on in that question and I hope you don't mind if I answer it directly and wordy (I am really sorry everyone else, in fact, if you have a question on my site, DM me, but I rather answer this 'out loud' since it was asked here... I of course wanted feedback for my site specifically from you guys otherwise I wouldn't have put the link up at all, but not to have it bring a wall of text in the thread):

'Are you using other people's photos and linking to' .. their tumblr blogs. Yes. tumblr has the 'reblog' system (similar to twitter 'retweet'). My site will always automatically properly link where I got the photo from unless I upload it myself. So not every pic posted here has credit to the point of the name of the cosplayer and the photography, but at the least we can see who posted it and since I made the site exclusively with the tumblr platform in mind, this feature will always be there.

'linking to amazon products using your affiliate code' .. with the products I hand pick for each costume, yes, it is the 'webmaster's only credit for organization, data entry, etc, and just overall the ability to keep pursuing the things the enjoy. Affiliates, ads, etc.

I ran through good photo credit wording with Somewhat Damaged (if you scroll up on this very page) for the sole purpose of making sure my site is not an ebaumsworld. I already hate putting watermarks on my own images, have a shit load of them (note the year I started posting my pics in this thread), and am looking at my site realistically and keeping in mind how I wouldn't want my pics to end up where they have credit of no kind.

Sorry 'so serious' with my reply.... but again, the way that question was worded. Also, so this isn't just a text reply... enabling Flash content within this post.

tumblr_lg9qzrxbJy1qexuabo1_500.png

milkham

PacoDG said:
Having worked on many many web sites, and having my words literally stolen to be used on a for profit web site, I don't like the implication of the wording going on in that question and I hope you don't mind if I answer it directly and wordy (I am really sorry everyone else, in fact, if you have a question on my site, DM me, but I rather answer this 'out loud' since it was asked here... I of course wanted feedback for my site specifically from you guys otherwise I wouldn't have put the link up at all, but not to have it bring a wall of text in the thread):

'Are you using other people's photos and linking to' .. their tumblr blogs. Yes. tumblr has the 'reblog' system (similar to twitter 'retweet'). My site will always automatically properly link where I got the photo from unless I upload it myself. So not every pic posted here has credit to the point of the name of the cosplayer and the photography, but at the least we can see who posted it and since I made the site exclusively with the tumblr platform in mind, this feature will always be there.

'linking to amazon products using your affiliate code' .. with the products I hand pick for each costume, yes, it is the 'webmaster's only credit for organization, data entry, etc, and just overall the ability to keep pursuing the things the enjoy. Affiliates, ads, etc.

I ran through good photo credit wording with Somewhat Damaged (if you scroll up on this very page) for the sole purpose of making sure my site is not an ebaumsworld. I already hate putting watermarks on my own images, have a shit load of them (note the year I started posting my pics in this thread), and am looking at my site realistically and keeping in mind how I wouldn't want my pics to end up where they have credit of no kind.

Sorry 'so serious' with my reply.... but again, the way that question was worded. Also, so this isn't just a text reply... enabling Flash content within this post.

hey man no offense meant, was just wondering

PacoDG

^
^
I dig that Comedian, for some reason he actually looks like a stand up dressed as that character (almost like Jeff Ross)

RustyNails said:
Something / wolverine? That's Edward Scissorhands.

I swear I seen it marked as Wolverine but can no longer find where I found that (the source has 569 notes/comments on it)... now that i look at it .. is it from the f'n movie? lol

yamo

DrDogg said:
I think he's wondering if it's a Go Go girl from Austin Powers. Although I think it clearly looks like Scooby-Doo cosplay but... yeah.

Looks like Austin Powers to me... :s

Top Bottom