• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, Nintendo, what's this code you're teasing us with?

There’s a hint about a hidden code you can use for NES Remix 2 somewhere in this image. Hope you have fun finding it!

BoW-e0aIQAAYFLd.jpg

BooJoh

Here's the answer:

The red text is an anagram. On the game select screen hold Select, Start, and R, and press A. For me it unlocked NES Open minigames. I assume it unlocks whatever games you've yet to unlock on your own.

zroid

Banned
curious...

Here's the answer:

The red text is an anagram. On the game select screen hold Select, Start, and R, and press A. For me it unlocked NES Open minigames. I assume it unlocks whatever games you've yet to unlock on your own.

merci

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did nothing for me. I've got everything except for
Bonus Stage 22/All Rainbow Ranks,
so maybe that's why.

steveovig

I bought this a week or two ago and I'm loving the hell out of it, moreso than Remix 1. I couldn't stand half of the Remix 1 games, while these games are much better and hold up better. I find myself actually trying to go for Rainbows. I just can't figure out Dr. Mario much and how to get better in Championship Mode. I'm also having trouble getting through Luigi Bros. at 8-3. That's an evil level with all the Hammer Bros., who are my sworn enemy. I can't even make it through to 8-4 yet.

It's been said a lot but I hope they give us more of these. I'm not sure how many classics they could cram into an SNES Remix but I'd still take it. GB and GBA Remixes would be nice too. Hell, every console having a remix would be nice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got the desire to get the final stamp via earning points & get more rainbow ranks. Just need to do 8 for Bonus, pretty much all for Lost Levels, & 9 for Metroid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god I had to watch the ending for Lost Levels EVERY TIME I beat it & aim for a rainbow rank. At the very least I got that done & can work on Metroid & the remaining Bonus ones later, plus maxed out the points for unlocking stamps.

Edit: YES, rainbow rank on EVERYTHING! & my reward is.....
Bonus stage 22, which is seeing the endings for SMB2, Dr. Mario, & SMB3. & a stamp.
....Eeehhhh. Only 2 stamps left (beating Super Luigi Bros. & that World Championship one).

daydream

Banned
Finally found the time to play more of this.

What the hell were they thinking when designing the Punch-Out stages? I'm.. really confused more than anything else.

maxcriden

Finally found the time to play more of this.

What the hell were they thinking when designing the Punch-Out stages? I'm.. really confused more than anything else.

One of the really hard Remixed ones really irks me. Can't beat it at all. Plus with the Wiimote I don't think you can do the full range of moves (like the uppercut), but maybe I haven't figured out how.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
One of the really hard Remixed ones really irks me. Can't beat it at all. Plus with the Wiimote I don't think you can do the full range of moves (like the uppercut), but maybe I haven't figured out how.
Sideways remote has the same button layout as NES, so that doesn't sound right.

daydream

Banned

Ah, well, I was referring to the standard set. Between having challenges with unlimited tries, only half of the opponents, very few stages overall and a really anti-climactic ending, I feel like they dropped the ball. But again, I'm still more perplexed than angry, haha.

Honestly feels like what's there was supposed to be the first half, with the other seven challenges missing.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ah, well, I was referring to the standard set. Between having challenges with unlimited tries, only half of the opponents, very few stages overall and a really anti-climactic ending, I feel like they dropped the ball. But again, I'm still more perplexed than angry, haha.

Honestly feels like what's there was supposed to be the first half, with the other seven challenges missing.
Yeah this is one of the reasons why I said NES Remix 2 often feels like a tutorial/demo for the featured games, whereas NES Remix 1 felt more like a standalone, fleshed-out product.

maxcriden

Sideways remote has the same button layout as NES, so that doesn't sound right.

Yep, it doesn't make any sense. You're totally right. But for some reason I couldn't figure out how get the uppercut to work at all on the Wiimote, and the remixed stage with Glass Joe absolutely destroyed me. In fact, I just looked it up and you're supposed to use the uppercut to help beat him. Link, not posting the image so I don't spoil anyone. It's Bonus Stage 14.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki.../75/NesRemix2-491.jpg/468px-NesRemix2-491.jpg

daydream

Banned
I've been meaning to pick up the 3D classics release of Kid Icarus to refresh my memory on that game. Playing the Remix 2 stages affirms the gist of my recollection of it, though, which is that it's a really, really weird game for a lot of reasons.

Just really weird, but in a very interesting way.

maxcriden

Oh boy did this game teach me how horrible Wario's Woods is. At least its not as horrible as NES Golf though.

I found you do get into a weird groove eventually in Wario's Woods. It took me a while, too, though, especially with the aesthetic that I found kind of hard on the eyes.

Zee-Row

Banned
I found you do get into a weird groove eventually in Wario's Woods. It took me a while, too, though, especially with the aesthetic that I found kind of hard on the eyes.

I eventually got all the Stars for Wario's Woods. It didn't make me rage quit like NES Golf did. NES Open is leagues better.

maxcriden

I eventually got all the Stars for Wario's Woods. It didn't make me rage quit like NES Golf did. NES Open is leagues better.

Nice! We haven't unlocked NES Open yet but I left NES Golf for my wife to do in the original game. She hasn't gotten the hole in one challenge completed yet but has done all of the rest. She's got the sports game skills in the family, in the meantime I can barely muster the Pinball challenges. :)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Missing one star on the Glass Joe level in the Bonus-selection where you need to beat him quick to get all three stars. I just cant get my time down. Any tips? Have tried looking it up online, and even one youtube, but the tactic used there doesnt seem to work for me for some reason :(

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Never mind, I finally managed it even though I have no idea what I did. Completed Open Golf as well, and now have all the stars!

I just downloaded this last night and it's pretty fun. It's one of those games that made me lose track of time surprisingly. My only complaint is with a few of the games they included. Wario Woods is just a crappy game that has no business being in a collection like this. It's awkward and frustrating as hell. It's never quite clear to me how I move Toad around or how I can pick things up depending on my position. I hate it. Boo. It's a chore.

Also, I like a lot of Kirby games but I DO NOT like his traditional floaty controls games. My god it's a fucking test of my iron will putting up with that shit. I never liked Adventure at all. It's just not fun controlling Kirby.

Outside of those two the rest of the games are great. I of course put the most time into Mario 3 and Metroid- two of the most playable games to choose from.

Andrew.

Banned
Outside of those two the rest of the games are great. I of course put the most time into Mario 3 and Metroid- two of the most playable games to choose from.

It's just a shame they're both over super quick and that the challeneges aren't much of a challenge at all, especially if you're familiar with them and how they play already.

I agree with the statements above about Wario's Woods. That game is just utter nonsense and has no place in a collection such as this.

And goddamn there should've been twice as many Punch-Out stages.

maxcriden

It's just a shame they're both over super quick and that the challeneges aren't much of a challenge at all, especially if you're familiar with them and how they play already.

This all comes down to the inherent differences between NES Remix and its sequel as they've been pondered earlier in the thread. NES Remix is a great collection of arcade-style minigames. NES Remix 2 is fun training for playing the games it's associated with. They're surprisingly different from one another.

daydream

Banned
Trying to wrap this up currently. Only three stages left, one of them being Stage 20 of Remix II.

I hate it when I'm forced to play as SMB2 Peach. She still controls like butt. :(

Edit: ..aand done!

Top Bottom