• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces live action Gears of War movie

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Netflix gears series has already been posted.

Also is comments like this really needed?

Gears of War already has a diverse cast in Delta Squad, you have Cole Train as a great black character that fans love and Dom is mega popular in Mexico.

I am curious if Bautisa will finally get his wish to play Marcus. (Assuming they make a film show focusing on Delta Squad)

I mean we don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes.
Damn haven't seen it was posted before. Can't believe it went down my radar.

They changed Triss in witcher. So it's very plausible they'd do shit like that.

PuffyCan

At least the coalition have more respect for the source material than 343 did with halo.. but with netflix, they're going to mess this up

MrKainobi

Neo Member
Not much hope for the live action film but animated series are usually pretty good so I‘m looking forward to that.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I've only watched Witcher: Wrath of the White Wolf, what I thought was incredible :)
Watch the live action show of witcher and resident Evil and you'll know what's coming.

They have authors that straight up says they hate the content and just do their own thing.

That's disrespectful for everyone. The original authors and the viewers.

anthony2690

Banned
Watch the live action show of witcher and resident Evil and you'll know what's coming.

They have authors that straight up says they hate the content and just do their own thing.

Tbh, after hearing they are switching the lead actor has put me off getting into the show, but I guess superman pays much better.

Have authors said they hate the material publically? Or is it hear say?

Plus everyone was telling me the Halo TV show was awful on here, but me and my other half absolutely loved it & are really looking forward to season 2. (Edit, that was not Netflix) XD

I saw what they did with resident evil, didn't watch it, but someone posted some weird music bit from an episode and I thought I'm good aha.

Last edited:
OP states his opinion as fact so everyone else doesn't need to bother.

giphy.gif

We get it, you loved Cowboy Bebop The Netflix.

feynoob

Like the live action movie have been any good.

Only the animation department made a good movies. The rest were turds, aside of re1 and maybe re2 movie.

jakinov

Yeah. After Resi Evil that’s a big poggers no from me dawg. I don’t trust Netflix to make a compelling product that’s true to the source material.
Netflix doesn’t make most shows themselves. They hire other companies/people. Death Note was a project to be made for I believe WB who didn’t want it anymore but Netflix won the bid for it. Resident Evil is made by the same company who makes the movies (constantin). Whether or not sometbinf is true to the source material is up to the writers which Netflix in most cases do not hire writers directly. In the same way when EA, Ubisoft, Sony or Microsoft work with a third party studio, they don’t hire writers or game devs.

Come on now, you know Hollywood doesn't pick the actual voice actors.

I mean, look at the Day's Gone movie, Sam Witwer is right fucking there... and... nope.

But agreed, he would be perfect since he's literally Cole.
He’s not just a voice actor though he’s been in movies and he actually is built like cole.

Deerock71

If ever there was a role tailor-made for Tony Bautista, it would be this. Plus, that guy's got some acting chops.

j0hnnix

Waiting for the Marcus and Dom love triangle with Cole train. You got this Netflix. Throw in some he him locusts.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The Witcher is an amazing live action show, doesn't seem like the writers not playing the games had any impact on the writing and output there.

If ever there was a role tailor-made for Tony Bautista, it would be this. Plus, that guy's got some acting chops.

They already did the casting audition with the update that replaces Fenix with Batista in Gears 5.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Cool, it’s Netflix so Octavia Spencer as Marcus then?

Lol … she would probably do better than who they actually have.

bitbydeath

I like the idea, but not Netflix
It won’t be. Netflix is just the streaming application the movie will be hosted on.

Lots of people don’t understand this for some reason, distributors aren’t creators.

Cobra Kai is made by Sony.
Knives Out 2 is made by Rian Johnson’s company etc.

Netflix provides the funding, that’s it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It won’t be. Netflix is just the streaming application the movie will be hosted on.

Lots of people don’t understand this for some reason, distributors aren’t creators.

Cobra Kai is made by Sony.
Knives Out 2 is made by Rian Johnson’s company etc.

Netflix provides the funding, that’s it.
as well as the casting and hiring of the writers...

bitbydeath

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It literally says in the first paragraph they are producers

"You’ve streamed them, you’ve binged them—isn’t it about time you auditioned for a Netflix series yourself? The titan behind “Stranger Things,” “Bridgerton,” and many other popular shows not only produces award-winning original content, but also provides a platform for young, unknown actors to catch their big break."

bitbydeath

It literally says in the first paragraph they are producers

"You’ve streamed them, you’ve binged them—isn’t it about time you auditioned for a Netflix series yourself? The titan behind “Stranger Things,” “Bridgerton,” and many other popular shows not only produces award-winning original content, but also provides a platform for young, unknown actors to catch their big break."
Doesn’t matter, they don’t hire actors, and they don’t write anything themselves.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I read that first paragraph just fine and I know what a producer is. I think you are confused over your want to defend Netflix over their garbage original material.
Re-read the quote I sent you.
It literally states the production companies hired by Netflix have casting directors, they hire everyone.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Re-read the quote I sent you.
It literally states the production companies hired by Netflix have casting directors, they hire everyone.
Jesus Christ. Re-read the first sentence then look up a quick google search of what a producer does. I'll do it for you since you seem to be confused.

"A movie begins and ends with the producer. A producer’s job involves planning, coordination and management around a movie’s script and writing, casting, directing, and editing as well as finances, marketing, release and distribution.

A film producer can work for a production company or independently to oversee film production. Hollywood producers can work on a film project from inception to the celebration at the Oscars, but what does the actual production process entail? In the following post, we’ll look at production day operations in the film industry and the producer’s responsibilities. We’ll go over different types of producers, tell you how to become one and list a few famous ones.

bitbydeath

Jesus Christ. Re-read the first sentence then look up a quick google search of what a producer does. I'll do it for you since you seem to be confused.

"A movie begins and ends with the producer. A producer’s job involves planning, coordination and management around a movie’s script and writing, casting, directing, and editing as well as finances, marketing, release and distribution.

A film producer can work for a production company or independently to oversee film production. Hollywood producers can work on a film project from inception to the celebration at the Oscars, but what does the actual production process entail? In the following post, we’ll look at production day operations in the film industry and the producer’s responsibilities. We’ll go over different types of producers, tell you how to become one and list a few famous ones.

[/URL]
Don’t read just one sentence lol.
It’s spelt out for you but you don’t want to admit it. Here’s the part on writing.

• Netflix may generate an idea internally and hire creatives to develop those ideas further.
Netflix may come up with an idea, but not a manuscript, the writing itself is outsourced.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/100386

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Don’t read just one sentence lol.
It’s spelt out for you but you don’t want to admit it. Here’s the part on writing.

Netflix may come up with an idea, but not a manuscript, the writing itself is outsourced.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/100386
So you admit they hire their own writers. That's called producing. They hire writers to make their content. You really think Netflix has no input whatsoever? Beyond hiring? Don't be so naive.

bitbydeath

So you admit they hire their own writers. That's called producing. They hire writers to make their content. You really think Netflix has no input whatsoever? Beyond hiring? Don't be so naive.
They hire production companies who have writers. Eg. They don’t hire writers for Sony, Sony hire their own writers and cast.

Edit: I think you’re getting confused with green lighting, Netflix are pitched ideas and green light something if they like it, they don’t however have the ability to hire individual cast or writers.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
They hire production companies who have writers. Eg. They don’t hire writers for Sony, Sony hire their own writers and cast.
You're talking about Cobra Kai specifically here which was made before Netflix got a hold of it. It was a youtube original or something like that I believe. That's not the case for the witcher, cowboy bebop, resident evil etc. All are produced by Netflix.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Gears is too stupid to work as a movie.

Unless they go full retard and cast just the dumbest shit like :

Steven Segal
Dwayne Johnson
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Vin Diesel

Just go full on 80s action diarrhea with it. Trying to do this seriously will fail .

Top Bottom