• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Doubles Down on Adam Sandler With New Four-Film Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted in the Netflix thread.

The company has inked a new four-film deal with Sandler to create original projects for its streaming service. Sandler’s Happy Madison Productions will produce each film, which will premiere exclusively on the streaming service.

"Adam Sandler one of the leading comedians in the film world, and his movies have proven to be extremely successful with our subscribers around the world,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. “We are thrilled at the opportunity to extend our partnership with Adam and his entire team at Happy Madison and keep the world laughing.”

but-why.gif

Billy Madison 2: the college years

Carl has to step down so Eric tries to take over the company again
You need a degree in management to take over billy

a916

Cheap and it gets views... Netflix also backed Scorcese's new flick. They are covering all the demographics.

Paltheos

Allot of people are going to post 'Why?' but as I recall Adam Sandler movies surprisingly have high-view counts on Netflix. Wish I remember the topic where this came up though - Surprised allot of people.

Matticers

If they want me to actually care, make one of the movies a Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore sequel. Yeah, it'll suck compared to the originals, but I'll still watch the hell out of it just because.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That sounds about right. His recent output isn't really something people need to see in theaters. They're Friday night rentals for people that like his stuff. So Netflix is a good lane for him.

I'll just ignore the trailers when they try to play them after I've watched something, it'll be fine.

Honestly, whatever that spy one was with Spade wasn't that bad. I mean compared to Ridiculous 6 and Pixel and any of the other just straight crap he's been making lately.

Remember when Ridiculous Six was like the most watched thing in the history of Netflix. They are apparently more interested in results than in quality... Or at least AS interested.

Of course they are saying that otherwise he would release the damaging stuff he has on them.

AP90

Cheap and it gets views... Netflix also backed Scorcese's new flick. They are covering all the demographics.

Well if I am curious about Sandler films, I do take a look at them in Netflix.. But that's because I wouldn't pay to see them in theaters lol

But... just go with it and 50 first Dates got me to go to the movie theater to see them

Pastry

Banned
Are people honestly asking why?

Y'all think that's Netflix doesn't analyze their original content and make decisions based off of data instead of hur dur Adam Sandler movies suck?

Anung

Un Rama
With the amount of globe hopping he does Adam Sandler would be a shoe in for Nathan Drake...except not charming or funny.

The Do Over wasn't as much of a trainwreck as I expected (which wasn't much - I haven't liked an Adam Sandler movie since Happy Gilmore).

I can see why that would've been a net positive for Netflix. It's hard to doubt them at this point. They navigated the transition from DVDs to streaming really well, despite naysayers and they've also adapted really well to producing their own content in the face of major studios pulling out of their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom