• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Doubles Down on Adam Sandler With New Four-Film Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

26d.gif

no one is forcing you to watch them

not all of us are lucky enough to own a broken TV

Apathy

Man, if people here ran movie studios, they'd be out of business in the first year.

Executives know that some movies are trash, but guess what, there is a huge section of the population, one that dwarfs others, that likes simple trash brainless movies. You fund them to get what people like to them and to keep staying subbed.

Just don't watch it, no big deal.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
All I'm reading is that there will be 4 more movies on Netflix for me to ignore.

Netflix picks up series and movies based on their viewership numbers, and if his first two films have been their most successful release this feels like a no brainer.

It's not like Sandler's earlier work was comedy gold. It's pretty standard piss and fart joke stuff, which is exactly what he still does now.

ShOcKwAvE

Give the guy credit, he is basically one of the highest paid comedy actors in the world, and so what if the US is kinda over him? He can still stand on his classics like Happy Gilmore.

jay

Upon first glance I was excited because I thought Netflix brought Double Down to their service. Instead, it's shitty Sandler movies.

11353.jpg

kevin1025

Banned
Hey, I made it in the OP, yeah!

I'm fine with it, despite the sad smiley face. If people want them and they're popular, more power to them! Netflix is cash crazy and buying up intense amounts of stuff, so I'm still getting Scorsese, the Ayer film, and some of the smaller indie shows that are great.

I haven't been super impressed with Netflix's original films yet, some are good and some are bad; though scooping up I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore was a great move. I hope they make more film festival purchases, because that could be awesome for movies that don't see a ton of love.

Upon first glance I was excited because I thought Netflix brought Double Down to their service. Instead, it's shitty Sandler movies.

11353.jpg

Neil Breen should ask Netflix to distribute his new movie! It would be the best! But not as good as him, because he's the best.

Haven't seen any of his Netflix stuff, but The Cobbler was great. Also don't see what's wrong with this move. Clearly a lot of people find his movies entertaining, and they are popular, so why wouldn't they fund more of them?

cordy

Banned
No offense to Adam but I haven't liked a movie of his since Click. Man idk I've just adapted different tastes.

RdN

I've heard that, while the quality of those movies are at the least, questionable.. They have very high viewership rates.

Makes sense for Netflix to keep investing on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom