• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix to air new Star Trek series (and classic!) in all countries except US/Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all of the television franchises that you could use to launch a new platform, Star Trek is probably your best bet.

Years back, I would agree with you, but nowadays I just don't see it. But I hope you are right. Even though I'm not a fan of the setup, I want the show to succeed and have some classic Trek back.

Mrbob

Every single subscription is straight money for CBS, plus their international deals. It won't take a lot to be successful. It's the same reason why The Good Wife spinoff isn't on the air.

I know CBS wants their moneys but I'm unconvinced charging 5.99 a month will be sustainable.

Guess I'm unconvinced people will pay $5.99 a month to watch one show. If anything they'll wait for all the episodes to be out, pay a monthly fee, binge watch, cancel. CBS could probably get a better fee out of Netflix than one month of CBS all access at $5.99.

I know CBS wants their moneys but I'm unconvinced charging 5.99 a month will be sustainable.

Guess I'm unconvinced people will pay $5.99 a month to watch one show. If anything they'll wait for all the episodes to be out, pay a monthly fee, binge watch, cancel. CBS could probably get a better fee out of Netflix than one month of CBS all access at $5.99.

Doubt it. They're already getting those international deals and now get straight money from All Access. From who they are hiring, to also ordering another real show starring Christine Baranski, it seems like they're taking this as seriously as they need to considering that people are going to have to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom