• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

Manager

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Urg! I can't install Silverlight in the library and won't be home until 5 or 6 hours from now. Summary please!!

cxTjrEoFe.jpg

tidus9000

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Impossible. Banjo 1 and Tooie will NEVER be on XBLA. Iwata to blame. You say what he did with Goldeneye 007.

Goldeneye was due to nintendo pressuring activison, they infact have no legal ground to stand on regarding goldeneye, same goes for banjo i believe. Still, i wouldn't really expect to see either Banjo 1 or Tooie come to XBLA. Don't ask me why, i just don't lol.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Great news. Too bad that nothing can be exchanged between Three and Tooie or Banjo-Kazooie 1.

Impossible. Banjo 1 and Tooie will NEVER be on XBLA. Iwata to blame. You say what he did with Goldeneye 007.

Or will they? :D

tidus9000

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
So they are re-inventing what Stop n' Swap was?

judging by the fact that it says "The answers are coming...." i'm guessing that it'll be a complete explanation of what it was and how it was supposed to work.

Blader

Holy shit ICE KEY!!

Was it ever possible to get the ice key and the two mystery eggs in the first game without using a cheat code? I think I did, but I may have just imagined it. :lol

guise

Blader5489 said:
Holy shit ICE KEY!!

Was it ever possible to get the ice key and the two mystery eggs in the first game without using a cheat code? I think I did, but I may have just imagined it. :lol

Aaah man, fuck that ice key. I wasted so much of my life trying to get it.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
why must you taunt us, rare?

why must you make me seriously consider using my economic stimulus money on a 360 and pre-order for this game instead of putting it in my savings

Firestorm

Agghhhh I want this and I want it now.

I feel like going back and playing the first two Banjos again but I think I sold them =( It's been so long.

JSnake

Firestorm said:

I feel like going back and playing the first two Banjos again but I think I sold them =( It's been so long.

Only way I can play them is via emulation. I've been going through BK slowly (got to Treasure Trove Cove after two months of playing), but playing with the keyboard is so damn awkward.

Firestorm said:

I'm going to play BK 1&2ie all fucking week now.

I spent dozens of hours trying to get all that secret shit.

FUCK YOU MUMBO JUMBO

Gigglepoo

Haeleos said:
Rare: Co-op mode please.

They are batting .666 with co-op X360 games so far and we know it is being designed around multiplayer. If it doesn't have pure co-op, it should have something to satisfy friendly gamers like us.

goldenpp72

I love banjo and rare, but stop and swap has always been a subject of humor for rare and considering the timing just makes me suspicious.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
goldenpp72 said:
I love banjo and rare, but stop and swap has always been a subject of humor for rare and considering the timing just makes me suspicious.

Even if this is the case, it means that Rare is talking and something should be coming soon.

FFChris

Some keywords I found in the page source code:

jiggy, Bottles Revenge, Ice Kazooie, Blackbeard

Having not played a Banjo game before, what do any of those mean?

FFChris said:

Not very much important. Except for Bottle's Revenge. Bottle's Revenge was locked code in Banjo-Tooie that allowed a devil Bottles that a second player controlled to follow Banjo around and occupy enemy creatures and bosses to torment his friend. You couldn't get to it in the game at all because it wasn't ever fully implemented, but there are videos on youtube of people who've dug into the code and played with it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it in some form in the new Banjo.

MCD

jiggies act like the stars in super mario 64 (10 jiggies in every stage iirc)

bottles is the mole character.

MisterHero

FFChris said:

Jiggy is the Banjo equivalent of a Mario 64 star.

Bottles Revenge is a hidden mode in Tooie that lets Player 2 play (Evil?) Bottles as he tortures Banjo.

Ice Kazooie and Blackbeard are from Tooie.

Leezard

FFChris said:

Bottles is a mole character in BK and BT. A jiggy had something to do with the jigsaw pieces if I recall correctly...

Blackbeard sounds like a pirate, but I have no idea what Ice Kazooie is. Would've made more sense if it was the Dragon Kazooie, one of the secrets in BT.

Edit: beaten with more accuracy.

Top Bottom