• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Pikma

Banned
For some reason I can't quote on my phone right now, but Peru, I got hyped, thought this was related to the thing's I've been told. Sorry if that sounded like I had some kind of insider info about Gamescom, because that's not it, I'm not european, so that's not were my info came. It all ends on us getting trolled, ONCE AGAIN, sorry if I helped on that, wasn't my intention, I got hyped as well. Sorry once again, guys.

What.

You can play like 80% of 3G on the Wii.

Not quite.

I beat Lagiacrus, so I've already played through most of Tri's offline missions, still I must say I am much more interested in 3G than 4 from what I've seen.

Or, let's put it in a different way, for what I've seen 3G is way more appealing than 4 for now, and although I could change my mind in the future, I gather 3G is much enjoyable for those who have already played Tri on Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9GSuLixOfs

ibhC8aVK1GaCNj.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tri G

# Small Monsters: 22
# Large Monsters: 50
# Total Monsters: 72

Tri

# Small Monsters: 17
# Large Monsters: 18
# Total Monsters: 35

So good. Not to mention the additional weapons and changes. And being portable, which means I will play it even more than Tri.

Billie shames me with the 80% of Tri G is Tri comment.

Proven

Oh, you're still early on?

How much have other people put into Tri? Tri was my first MonHun too, and I got over 250 hours.

How much have other people put into Tri? Tri was my first MonHun too, and I got over 250 hours.

Tri was my first MonHun as well. Over 1000 hours by now. Bought it first day and played so much the first year when GAF was really active but kept playing steadily after. So much time put into arena. Beating our times was such an addiction. I remember racking up hundreds of Peco coins before beating some other gaffers' time on that quest(go team Jason/Znarf!). I play a few hours every Friday nowadays.

brinstar

Tri was my first as well, and I put in around 200 hours. I got caught up in trying to get a Ratholos plate and then got distracted by other stuff... I should hop back on and finish it.

To be fair if you've played both MHFU and MHP3rd you'd know that the monster count isn't exactly the best indicator of content... way too many cupcake monsters and subspecies in both.

Krabboss

Not all that hung up about not getting 3G since the content difference from P3rd isn't that big of a deal to me.

I just want that Monster Hunter 4, son.

Hoodbury

Tri was my first monster hunt as well and I had around 400 hours in it. I'd be all for Tri-G but I kinda just want MH4 to be announced for the Wii-U. I have a 3DS, but it seems like it would be such a small screen to play on. Tri was graphically impressive to me and so I just want more Monster hunting on my big screen.

I'd probably still get Tri-G, but I'm more ready for MH4 with the surprise announcement of cross platform play - 3DS and Wii-U.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tri was my first monster hunt as well and I had around 400 hours in it. I'd be all for Tri-G but I kinda just want MH4 to be announced for the Wii-U. I have a 3DS, but it seems like it would be such a small screen to play on. Tri was graphically impressive to me and so I just want more Monster hunting on my big screen.

I'd probably still get Tri-G, but I'm more ready for MH4 with the surprise announcement of cross platform play - 3DS and Wii-U.

Yeah I'm really hoping Capcom hasn't given up on the series for home consoles. Tri did pretty well, so I'm hopeful Wii U will get something.

Emitan

Off topic but does anyone know how to use the right stick of the Vita as camera control in Freedom Unite. I'm pretty sure this is possible.

Krabboss

Off topic but does anyone know how to use the right stick of the Vita as camera control in Freedom Unite. I'm pretty sure this is possible.

If I had to guess, it would be an option somewhere when you press the PS button. I don't own a Vita, so I'm just basing my guess off of how they handled settings with PS1 games on PS3 and PSP.

Filler or not, more content never bothered me in mh. Less content bothered me in tri.

Me too at first. Because at 300 hours i didnt have any more weapons or armor i wanted to shoot for.

That said, it was a great time and i told myself it really isnt comparable to unite because nearly all the content in Tri is new.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

You can use the right stick as camera control but it doesn't work as well as I was expecting, in my experience. The camera controls are all digital so it's hard to use the analog stick to place the camera sometimes.

Man. I cant wait to resume my status as Monster Punter once they release MH4.

*walks away towards the moon, swinging my Rajang Barrage over my back*

This news (of no news) is making it even harder for me to wait for MH4. I'm soooo close to selling some of my consoles that I don't play so I can afford a Japanese 3DS.

0+
hours so far. <_<

Still need one more gold crown and like 3 or 4 titles. Have pretty much all the non-talisman equipment I want though. Just polishing what little skill I have at this point.

Top Bottom