• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

upandaway

Capcom, just say "wait another month!", or "let's see in December!" or something like that, so we can stop to raise our hopes for every events.
They're not saying a specific thing because they don't have any specific thing.

The only reason there is not to announce something is that it's not final. Capcom hasn't decided anything, but their lower guys don't have the guts to ignore us, which is why they're stuck in the "just wait" limbo right now.

They're not saying a specific thing because they don't have any specific thing.

The only reason there is not to announce something is that it's not final. Capcom hasn't decided anything, but their lower guys don't have the guts to ignore us, which is why they're stuck in the "just wait" limbo right now.

It'd be nice if they said something like "don't get your hopes up", or "nobody knows if a Western release is gonna happen" instead of selling us the dream (not that I believe Capcom anymore).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I wonder if Capcom has actually fired all their western divisions and allowed Ono to take over their blogs/twitters etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SOMEONE GOUGE MY EYES OUT I CAN'T TAKE READING ANY MORE OF CAPCOM'S TROLLS

IN FACT I CAN'T TAKE LIVING ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT PLAYING MONHUN 3G

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS

RIP
AND
REX

Kyon

Banned
image.php

MESS
lmao.gif

Hellraider

SOMEONE GOUGE MY EYES OUT I CAN'T TAKE READING ANY MORE OF CAPCOM'S TROLLS

IN FACT I CAN'T TAKE LIVING ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT PLAYING MONHUN 3G

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS

RIP
AND
REX

No matter what you say,I'm expecting you to be here for the next Direct. :p

Guys, about 3G, it's not only about how many monsters.G difficulty is where the game truly shines.Having played tri and portable 3rd you have killed most of them already but only the Low and High rank versions.Not to mention the fantastic control tweaks P3rd had added!

Dammit I want 3G so much! :(

Fun fact: I used to play freedom unite with a buddy.We both got a 3DS the same day, knowing Monster Hunter is coming for it.No other friend had a psp but literally all of my friends had DS so it was much, much easier for many to upgrade to 3DS (thank nintendo for pokemon!).A couple of them got a 3DS and we all are monster hunter ready.Well, minus the monster hunter! :(

Going to jump in here really quickly...

A few weeks ago, I told MH fans on this forum that you'd hear something before the end of the year. Nothing has changed on that front. You're also assuming that when it comes, it'll be at some event you can see coming from a mile away. That's not necessarily a correct assumption.

While I appreciate the passion, I can't help you if every possible industry event leads to build up and crashes in anticipation. If we somehow get to Dec 31 and you do not have more visibility, then please be mad at me. Until then, I'd request the benefit of the doubt and your continued patience.

Thanks for being such great fans.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29316023/That_Monster_Hunter_thingy...

xzXeV.jpg

SteveWD40

So has the guy saying "veeeeery soon" been fired then? since he is going against this sudden shift to "before the end of the year".

fuckers just wanted us all to watch their press conference.

Kacho

So has the guy saying "veeeeery soon" been fired then? since he is going against this sudden shift to "before the end of the year".

fuckers just wanted us all to watch their press conference.

They said it would be an event to "remember". GET IT?! :(

Announcement before end of the year?
Sounds like it's MH4 then, to be honest. Would it make sense to release 3g in 2013 with 4 coming out in Japan? That would make for two releases close together, or a long wait for localized 4.

Hellraider

Announcement before end of the year?
Sounds like it's MH4 then, to be honest. Would it make sense to release 3g in 2013 with 4 coming out in Japan? That would make for two releases close together, or a long wait for localized 4.

It's not like there are any chances 4 will have a worldwide release or something.'13 for 3G and '14 for 4 is absolutely doable and makes sense.But capcpom.

Christian Svensson said:
A few weeks ago, I told MH fans on this forum that you'd hear something before the end of the year.

So now we know; 'very soon' means before December 31st.

Christian Svensson said:
You're also assuming that when it comes, it'll be at some event you can see coming from a mile away. That's not necessarily a correct assumption.

So this suggests it won't be announced at any of the big events, which to me means it isn't a worthwhile announcement in the first place.

Why do they keep doing this to me? It's maddening. Say something when you actually have something to say.
Otherwise just stop. Don't tempt me, bro.

By this point, I just want to forget about ... oh who am I kidding. Please, please, please, please.

Mondriaan

The thought did cross my mind. Put 3G on the Wii U with online. Brilliant idea.

Maybe that's explains why Sven said "there is a method to the madness" at one point. Would be awesome if that ended up happening.
You know who you should blame for the fact that you can't use xlink kai to play with your friends online with adhoc only 3DS games? (Nintendo)

Qurupeke

Meh, I'm fed up with all those statements. :/ If by the end of 2012, nothing MonHun related is announced, I swear that I won't buy anything from Capcom this generation. >.< Capcom boycott!

But I'd still buy a MonHun or an Ace Attorney game if they decide to localize them. :(

brinstar

if he's committing to before the end of the year, that's good. It's better than him quietly sneaking away. I just hope what he means is 3G localization (possibly with online!) because that's interests me more than 4 right now. Only because they've shown next to nothing of 4 so far and I really enjoyed how Tri was laid out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Seriously, guys? We may not even get the 3DS game, and you're already hyping up for a Wii U version?

It's almost like you enjoy suffering.

Meh, I'm fed up with all those statements. :/ If by the end of 2012, nothing MonHun related is announced, I swear that I won't buy anything from Capcom this generation. >.< Capcom boycott!

But I'd still buy a MonHun or an Ace Attorney game if they decide to localize them. :(

I couldn't boycott Capcom even if I wanted to. They've made nearly half of my favorite games this gen.

Ramune

^You have to learn to stop loving things because they die.

As a connoisseur of niche video games...I can not do this. ^_^;

Could be worse, you could also be a Valkyria Chronicles fan. VC3 still hurts so.
Darn, I was trying to forget about that one! Hurts so bad! >_<

Yeah, they'd rather commit seppuku than listen to what their fans want.

By the by, love your avatar. Erica <3

Pretty much. "We've decided to take our ball and go home. It is for our exclusive use!" ¬_¬
And thanks, figured I'd bring back the Erica love despite not being able to do .gif avatars! ^_-

ooteeni

Capcom community rep just posted this on Capcom Unity

I don't wanna say too much, but I'm glad you guys are understanding part of our strategy here. For MH to work in the West, it needs online hunting.
This is actually nothing new, but worth mentioning again. =)

Top Bottom